An infrared heater is exactly what you need if you’re looking for a safe and efficient heater for your home. Thanks to the way in which they operate, you can be sure of comfortable and safe warmth that heats up your whole body, giving you a far more natural feel to the warmth than any other home heater.
If you’re looking for the best infrared heater for your home or work environment, you’re in the right place. These are just a handful of infrared heater reviews that are sure to give you a good idea of which models may be perfect for your home and which models you should stay away from. We’ve also included some important buying information too so that you can learn about how these heaters work. This will help you to compare the best heaters for your needs so that you can find the best one.
Our Top Pick
10 Best Duraflame Ceramic Heaters Reviews
Material - Ceramic
Maximum heat capacity of 700 degree celsius
Appropriate for Industrial Heating, Incubators, Baby Warmers, Thermo forming, Vacuum forming, Room Heating, Spa
- Material; Ceramic
- Shape; Rectangular
- Package Content; 1 Infrared Heater, 1 Warranty Card
- Item Size; 245mmL x 60mmW , 650W, 230V
- Material; Ceramic
- Shape; Rectangular
- Package Content; 1 Infrared Heater, 1 Warranty Card
- Item Size; 122mmL x 122mmW , 400W, 230V+T/c
- 1 Year Warranty on Manufacture Defect
- Lightweight and mini portable design is cute and beautiful. Energy saving and eco-friendly, heat and flame resistant, this powerful airflow is covered with heat in winter and warms you.
- Long life: Heating elements and wind diffusing devices can effectively improve the heat transfer rate and service life. High performance switches, adjustable brackets, multi-angle heater and heater to meet all your needs
- Multi-angle heating: Multi-angle adjustment will meet your different needs. You can adjust the speed by pressing the power button, you can take it with you, it will warm up and warm up with your mood when you feel the need
- You can also put it in your pocket or bag and take it with you all winter long. This is a fashion girl. The perfect gift for boys and children
- 1 YEAR REPLACEMENT WARRANTY ALL OVER INDIA
- Rotation Range : 40° Air Supply Angle Silent Operation, Low Power Consumption
- The large wind tunnel design takes into account the corners where each airflow passes, which improves the efficiency of air supply and reduces the noise of the wind
- It takes only 3 seconds to enjoy the warmth.Intelligent constant temperature system, control inlet and outlet air, system and heating element, fan work together, constant temperature
- The automatic rotation angle is up to 40°, warming every corner
- Adjustable height,indoor and outdoor use,infrared heating
- To prevent dust and dirt build up ,use the original packaging to repack the unit.
- Suitable for all types of ﬂat bottomed cookware
- Warranty: 1 year on product
- Power: 2200 watts; Operating Voltage: 220 - 220 volts
- Includes: Cooktop
- Contact_us on : [ 18602660788]
- Meant for Spot Heating; Safety Mesh Grill; 100% Pure Copper Wire Motor for longer life
- Room Size: Upto 250 sq ft
- Ideal for a small/medium sized room only. Makes some noise due to fan
- Non sagging, stitching type and long life heating element
- Safety cut-off , Auto-revolving Heater , Overheat Protection , Touch Sensor
- Thermal cut-off for added safety
- Dr Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater, 1500-Watt
- 1 Pack
Buying Guide: How to Buy an Infrared Heater
Choose The Economical Option –
Infrared heaters are designed to save you money on your heating bills. This is something that every buyer will be interested in, so you should make sure that you’re getting a model that will be as cheap as possible to run. Heating a single room at a time will be more economical than heating your whole home. If you are only going to heat one room without moving the heater around your home, then just take the measurements of that room. Otherwise, you should take the measurements of the room that is the largest in your home.
If you have one or more particularly small rooms, and then one or more large rooms in your home, you should consider purchasing a dual-mode heater. These infrared heaters allow you to choose a higher setting for larger rooms and the lower setting for smaller rooms. You should make sure that you purchase an infrared heater that is designed to heat the area of your room. If you buy a heater that is too powerful, you will end up wasting energy whereas if your heater is not sufficient to heat the space that you have, you may end up with a heater that does not make much of a difference to the temperature of the room. You could heat a room for as long as you wish with an insufficient heater and the room will never become warm enough, which is a major false economy.
Are you going to need to move the infrared heater around your home, or will you be leaving it in the same room at all times? The amount of portability that you need will greatly influence the kind of heater that you should choose. Choosing the best location for your portable infrared heater is of utmost importance.
- Maximum portability – If you want a heater that you will be able to take from room to room with ease, you should look out for ones that have carry handles and wheels. These units can be conveniently and easily moved around your home and are usually designed to be lightweight. You should be careful however if the unit has castor wheels, as these heaters could be a little easier to tip over than stationary units.
- Limited portability – If you would simply like to move the heater around the room, or just have a heater that will be able to stand in the middle of the room whilst you are using it, then you could purchase a larger unit. These are better if you need to heat a particularly large space and they are usually difficult to tip over.
- Fixed units – if you need to install a heater in your garage, home, or business and you want to ensure that it is completely safe and permanent, you can purchase fixed infrared heaters. These may be attached to the wall so that they can remain in the same position. The fixed infrared heater is the sensible choice if you want a heater that cannot be tipped over and a solution that can be safely mounted out of reach.
When you are looking for an infrared heater, something that may be relatively important to you is the way that it looks in your home. If you like to see that all of your furniture and appliances match each other, you should make sure that you’re buying an infrared heater that will tie in with your existing decor. As infrared heaters don’t get warm to the touch, many of them are made with wood casings. This traditional material is likely to fit well into many homes. Moreover, you can usually choose from different colors of the wood casing. If the wood is not something that you already have as part of your home’s décor, you can find others that are made of aluminum and are finished in a variety of colors.
For rooms that are a little cozy, look out for designs of infrared heater that are taller. These will take up less floor space, using up less of the room. Of course, these are going to be easier to tip over than shorter and wider units. So, this is another thing that you will need to bear in mind. If you want to be able to see at a glance what setting the heater is on, you will be able to get an infrared heater that comes with a digital display. You will be able to see what temperature it is set to as well as any remaining time if the heater has an inbuilt timer.
Safety Features –
When you purchase a heating appliance, it is important that it is as safe as possible to use it in your home.
- Anti-tip shutoff
If the heater gets knocked over and it has an anti-trip shutoff built-in, then it will turn itself off. This ensures that the heater does not pose any threat from fires if it is accidentally knocked over. This is most useful in homes where the residents are elderly, or for families with children or pets.
- Timers – Some infrared heaters come with a timer function. Not only can this save you money by not being left on accidentally, but a cutoff timer can also ensure that the heater does not have a chance to overheat and start a fire.
1. Can the usage of an infrared heater lead to cancer?
Not really, but prolonged exposure is not recommended either. Basically, our bodies are capable of sustaining infrared radiation, as it’s the same as the one sun emits. The sun emits three types of radiation, respectively UV-rays, sunlight, and infrared rays. The last one is responsible for the warmth you feel when staying under the sun. Infrared radiation from the heaters is just the same. Therefore, it doesn’t pose a risk. But it can be harmful to use it for too long and if you stay too close to it, especially if you do it often – so, it’s not recommended to do it. But there is no confirmation that cancer can be caused by these heaters.
2. Are infrared heaters more energy-efficient?
Compared to other types of heaters, yes, they are more energy-efficient. They use all the heat they produce, meaning that no heat is lost during the transfer. What makes this possible is the way infrared heaters operate. They do not heat the entire room like other heaters. They only warm what’s in their way, respectively what the radiation is able to reach. It is just the same as if you’d sit under the sun. The sun also emits IR radiation. If you know the warm feeling when the sun rays touch your skin, it’s the same feeling with infrared heaters.
3. Is an infrared heater better than an electric one?
Overall, infrared heaters are the better option between the two. First of all, they are more portable due to the power source option, as the device operates on natural gas, electricity, or propane, depending on your choice. Conversely, they can also be attached to existing utilities. Electric heaters use electricity, so you’re limited depending on where you can plug the device in. You can also check out our propane heater reviews.
4. Are infrared heaters safe to leave on overnight?
Infrared heaters are safe to leave on overnight as they don’t produce toxic substances and they don’t risk causing a fire. They simply heat whatever’s in their radiation range. However, it is important to keep them under control and not simply turn the device on and call it a day. Make sure you lower the temperature and you place the heater at a proper distance in order to feel comfortable. Although they are not dangerous, continuous exposure to radiation is not recommended, so make sure you are careful with the way you use these devices.