In our house, there are some appliances that serve different purposes and make our lives easier. But there is an electronic device, which has a lot to do with your comfort throughout the year, but which is quite neglected. Yes, they are the best ceiling fans that we would be talking about!
Ceiling fans are responsible for the circulation of indoor air and for making the environment comfortable and cool. However, most people do not take this device seriously when buying it, even without knowing its important features. Therefore, to make your purchase more substantial and effective, we have listed the best ceiling fans in India available online.
In our comprehensive reviews of ceiling fans, we will examine each of the features, such as blade type, number of blades, engine, design and RPM. After going through the detailed analysis, we are sure that all users will find it much easier to choose the ceiling fan with the best rating that complements their requirements.
Our Top Pick
10 Best Ceiling Fans Review
- Sweep : 1200mm, Power : 56W, Air Delivery : 205CMM;Double Ball Bearing : Increases load bearing capacity and durability
- Quick-start High Torque Motor : Provides instant comfort by achieving high performance quickly;Ribbed Blades : Improves Blades Stability
- Warranty : 2 years on product;Warranty: 2 years
- Power: 56 watts;Includes: 1 Ceiling Fan
- Mounting Type: Downrod Mount; Material Type: Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene; Controller Type: Button Control
- PRODUCT: Crompton's premium design ceiling fan with a strong cooling effect TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS: Sweep Size 1200 mm; Speed 380 RPM; Air Delivery 210 CMM; Input Power 70W
- SUPERIOR COMPONENTS: 100% copper motor, double ball bearings and dynamically balanced blades
- RUST FREE: Powder coated aluminium blades offer life long corrosion resistance
- PACKAGE CONTENTS: 1 Ceiling Fan, 1 Motor, Set of Blades, Set of 2 Canopy, 1 Down Rod, 1 Shackle assembly, Instructions Manual and Warranty Card
- Collection Name: Crompton Hill Briz Deco Designer Ceiling Fan; Finish Type: Painted; Mounting Type: Downrod Mount
- Blade size- 1200 mm (48 Inches). Blade material: GP. Operating Voltage: 220 - 240 volts.Remote:No;Super reliable and efficient copper motor. Bottom Cover material: Aluminium
- Simple design for simple lifestyle. Top Cover Material: CRCA;Number of Poles: 12 ; Power Consumption (in Watts): 40 ; Number of Speed Setting: 5
- Power consumption: 78 Watts. Downrod Length: 206 mm;Comes in brown and white color options; Inverter compatible;RPM: 360. Air Delivery: 200 m3/min
- Service Value: 2.5 CMM/Watt. Warranty: 2 year on product. Includes: Motor box, Blades, Canopy set, Down rod, Warranty card and User manual
- Controller Type: Remote Control; Mounting Type: Downrod Mount; Material Type: Metal
- PRODUCT: Crompton's corrosion resistant high performance fan with powder-coated blades for enhanced aesthetics
- TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS: Sweep 1200 mm, Power consumption 72 W, Speed 380 RPM, Air delivery 200 CMM
- QUALITY COMPONENTS: 100% copper motor, double ball bearings, dynamically balanced blades; STURDY: 2-piece construction to ensure stability and silent operation
- PACKAGE CONTENTS: 1 motor, set of 3 blades, set of 2 canopy, 1 down rod, 1 shackle assembly, product manual along with warranty card
- Mounting Type: Downrod Mount; Finish Type: Powder Coated; Material Type: Metal; Collection Name: Crompton Surebreeze Sea Saphira Economy High Speed Ceiling Fan
- SUPER ENERGY EFFICIENT BLDC MOTOR: Consumes only 28W(at Speed 5). Save up to Rs 1500 every year on your electricity bill. Runs 3 times longer on an inverter battery as compared to an ordinary fan.
- INVERTER STABILIZATION TECHNOLOGY: Runs consistently at the same speed even with fluctuating input voltage between 140-285V.
- HIGH SPEED & AIRFLOW: Powered by the atomSENSE algorithm, the Renesa operates at speeds upto 340 RPM and delivers air at the rate of 220 CMM.
- SMART REMOTE: 3 smart features - Boost mode, timer and sleep mode to provide you the best experience. Change the speed of the fan at the click of a button, NO REGULATOR REQUIRED.
- 2+1 YEAR ON-SITE WARRANTY: Atomberg Renesa comes with a standard one year warranty. Additional one year warranty can be availed by registering your purchase on the Atomberg website.
- Beautifully crafted Dual-Color designs for the modern décor with Goodbye Dust Finish ; Sweep Size (mm): 1250 ; No. of Blades:3 ; RPM @ 230v: 380 ; Performs well even at low voltage. Power Input 85 W;Dust Resistant: Say Goodbye to dust with Usha Goodbye Dust fans with ‘Novel Silane Paint Technology from PPG Asian Paints’.Reversible Rotation : No.Remote:No
- Oil and Moisture Resistant: Coated with Dust Resistant lacquer, the Goodbye Dust series presents a highly Oleophobic and Hydrophobic surface, Number of Speed Settings: 4;Scratch and Stain Resistant: The superior polyurethane coating provides an ideal low energy surface, which is both scratch and stain resistant
- Easy to Clean: The fan's unique coating ensures easy hassle-free cleaning of the blade surface and especially along the edges, where dust generally gathers;Designed to perform well even at low voltage; High Speed-380 RPM (Revolutions per minute) and air delivery of 240m3/min;Electroplated Finish in Trim and Canopy
- Unique Blade design for high Air delivery and thrust;Warranty: 2 Year's Manufacturer Warranty. Includes: Fan Motor, Top Canopy, Bottom Canopy, Shackle Assembly, Down Rod - Each - 1 N, Blade Set Seperately - 1 Set
- Mounting Type: Downrod Mount; Controller Type: Button Control; Finish Type: Oil Rubbed; Material Type: Aluminium
- Box Contains: Fan Motor, Blade Set, Canopy Set, Downroad and Shackle, Manufactured Under The Guidance Of Highly Qualified Engineers To Ensure The Life Of Product, For Help Or Guidance Call On Our CC, Note: Self Installation and product will be repaired in our service center.
- Material Type: Aluminium; Controller Type: Button Control; Mounting Type: Downrod Mount; Finish Type: Painted
- PRODUCT : Motor, Double Ball Bearings, Meta Finish Looks, Superb Performance, BEE 5 Star Rating Star Fan, Suitable for Kitchen / Veranda / Balcony / Small Room.
- TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS : Blade Size: 600 mm; Fan Speed: 400 RPM High Speed; Air Delivery: 230 CMM, Number of Speed Setting: 4/5, Dynamically Balanced Blades. Superior components for longer life!
- PACKAGE CONTENTS : 1 Ceiling Fan, 1 Motor, Set of Blades, Set of 2 Canopy, 1 Down Rod, 1 Shackle assembly, Instructions Manual and Warranty Card; IMPROVED AESTHETICS : Number of Blades: 3, Power: 50 watts, Voltage : 220 V - 240 V, 100% CNC Binding
- WARRANTY SERVICE : 2 Years Best-in-class Warranty. For more kindly contact Candes customer care by emailing the product details once the order is received by you.
- Finish Type: Glossy; Controller Type: Regulator; Mounting Type: Downrod Mount
- 1200mm Ceiling Fan. Consumption in watts : 70
- The best in color combination ; Metallic finish with lacquer coating for longer life and Elegant looks with stylish trims. Remote : No
- The only extraordinary model ceiling fan
- Good RPM & High Air Delivery
- Silent operation
- Air Delivery: 230 (m3/Hr), Speed: 320 Speed
- Design and finish exotic rich looks with modern styling
- Aerodynamically Blade Shape
- Speed: 400 RPM; Air Delivery: 230 CMM
- Wider tip blade; 2 year comphrehensive warranty
- Material Type: Aluminium; Mounting Type: Downrod Mount
What is the Working of a Ceiling Fan?
Talking about the working of a ceiling fan in a basic manner, it functions by spinning the pitched blades. These pitched blades then generate air flows that deliver superior air circulation; therefore, help in enjoying a comfortable and cool setting at home or office. The feeling of coolness is, undeniably, solely due to the fan’s movement.
A ceiling fan is going to augment the efficiency of your air conditioner or the heating system by uniformly circulating the heated or cooled air. Moreover, it should be noted that a ceiling fan just can’t change the temperature of the room on its own. Furthermore, there are numerous different aspects that play a vital role to help the ceiling fan function in an appropriate and effective manner.
So, if you want to get rid of that old-fashioned ceiling fan in your room or want one for your new room or house, you have the chance to grab the finest model down here!
What is the Difference Between the 5-Blade and 4-Blade Ceiling Fans?
The primary difference between the 4-blade & 5-blade ceiling fans is of personal preference and aesthetics. Conversely, as far as the laws of physics are concerned, they do decree a minor difference in the performance of ceiling fans equipped with a distinct number of blades.
Going by the rules, by the growing number of blades, the fans incline to be a touch silent and would offer lesser air circulation. The supplementary blades tend to upsurge the drag experienced by the motor of the ceiling fan and make it work slower. This might be considered an aspect owing to which the industrial fans usually come with the 2 or 3 blade arrangement. They would then be able to move faster and circulate more air, and noise certainly won’t be a matter of concern.
Factors to Consider While Buying a Ceiling Fan
Being an Indian, budget is one of the most necessary and looked upon the factor that can not be eliminated at all.
There is a wide range of ceiling fans available in India that starts from Rs.1500 & goes up to Rs.5000. Pre-planning the budget would help you to get the best ceiling fan in India at the best price.
A remote-controlled or a BLDC fan wouldn’t settle at a low budget but if you are looking to buy the duo-ball bearing fan, you may probably get few options to consider under Rs. 2000.
2. Room Size
When it comes to ceiling fans, there is a lot of variety available based on the size of the ceiling fan. The size ranges from 900mm (36inch) to 1400mm(56inch) but the most opted size is 1200mm(48inch).
Room size is a significant factor that would help to get the perfect fan for the room. You can even install multiple ceiling fans if the room is big.
A chosen fan size is based on the room size as follows:
- 900mm fan size sets for a room with less than 75 sq. feet area.
- 1050mm fan size goes well in a room with 100 sq. feet area.
- 1200mm fan size suits in a room area 100 to 130 sq. feet.
- 1400mm fan size sets a room with 130 to 150 sq. feet area.
- Fan size with more than 1400mm can be taken for room with over 150 sq. feet area.
A body can only function well when the brain is healthy & functioning properly. Similarly, a fan runs perfectly only when it has a motor that works properly constantly.
Characteristics of a good motor are observed through the following:
- High Energy efficiency
- Allow maximum airflow
- Made of high-quality material(Copper-coiled)
- Ability to rotate in both directions.
- No heat loss
- Easy to maintain
- Long life
4. Air Flow
A fan must be able to provide airflow to every nook and acute corner of the given area. The air delivery capacity must be high and it must be spread across the room at a uniform rate.
This feature purely depends on the speed and the angle of the blades of the fan.
5. Blade Pitch/ Tilt
Tilted blades are more efficient in air-delivery than flat blades. Thus, one should buy fans with blades that have a tilt angle of around 12 to 15 degrees.
If this angle exceeds 15 degrees, then the motor efficiency would reduce and you may end up paying high electricity bills.
The Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) rates the ceiling fan based on its power consumption and efficiency. Ceiling fans with 1200mm size are rated efficient if they have power consumption less than 45 watts. Any ceiling fan that consumes over 80 watts is rated as inefficient.
6. Types of Ceiling Fans
There are no specific classifications of fans but they are differentiated according to the climatic conditions.
- Summer Ceiling Fan – There isn’t a big difference in the structure and function but there is a noticeable change in the direction of rotation. The fan rotates in counter-clockwise direction thus pushing warm air upwards and cool air downwards. It is the most common type of ceiling fan that is widely preferred by people in India.
- Winter Ceiling Fan – This ceiling fan rotates in clockwise direction thus pushing warm air downwards and cool air upwards. This is one of the latest technologies, so you may not easily find it in the local markets. Though, the product is available on amazon.
7. Drop Rod
A drop rod is one of the most necessary, yet ignored, parts of a ceiling fan. A minimum distance of 2 to 3 feet from the ceiling, 1 foot from the sidewalls and 7 feet from the floor must be maintained. It ensures proper rotation.
It is necessary to ensure that the fan and the roof-ceiling maintain a gap of at least 24 inches, for which a drop rod is required.
The length of the rod is dependent on the height of the ceiling. A 13 feet high ceiling requires a 48-inch long drop rod while a 12 feet high ceiling requires a 36-inch long drop rod. In most of the Indian houses, a 36-inch long rod is required.
8. Location of installation
The purpose of a ceiling fan can be more effective if it is installed at the proper location in a room. Its location is based on the height of the ceiling and shape of the room, which has been discussed above.
It is mandatory to make sure that there is enough space between the fan blades and the surrounding walls and ceiling. In India, most of the houses have a flat roof, which reduces the complexity of installation work when compared to a sloping roof.
A sloping roof needs the fan below beneath the roof while a flat roof just needs the fan to be installed at least 6 feet above the floor level.
One must note that a ceiling fan must not be installed necessarily at the center of the room. It can vary according to the room dimensions.
Ceiling fans are those electrical appliances that require less maintenance but a bit of consideration would add a few years to the ceiling fan’s life span.
Fan motor lubrication would work out quite well but it is not required as nowadays most of the motors have sealed bearings.
A ceiling fan begins to make a noise when its vibration increases. But, Changing the fan’s ball bearings would decrease the noise & makes the operation more smooth.
A lot of companies are trying to eliminate the user’s hustle, as the good companies are producing the ceiling fans with Brushless DC motor in the current scenario.
Few do’s in the maintenance also includes replacing fan regulators(it may get damage frequently) and cleaning the fan blades to avoid it get heavy through dust settling and few don’ts that wins the list includes interchanging of fan blades.
10. Fresh Features
The latest feature in the ceiling fan is the ability to control it using the remote. This feature is making the customers go crazy to get this trend at their home as it helps to adjust the fan speed without even getting up from your bed.
Ceiling fans with low power consumption ability, decorative lights are also available. These lights can be operated and controlled through various means and they can switch according to the situation.
Size & Installation of a Fan
A rule of thumb is to use a 52-inch fan for up to a 400-square-foot area, a 44-inch fan for up to 225 sq. feet, and a 42-inch fan for up to one hundred forty-four sq. feet. For rooms over eighteen feet long, think about using 2 medium-sized fans.
Controls in a Ceiling Fan
A majority of ceiling fans are installed at the ceiling box anywhere a light fitting was previously set up. Typically, the sunshine switch is replaced with an impression that permits numerous fan speeds and—if the fan includes lights—light settings. This management needs to own an electrical device style and be created by the identical manufacturer because the fan to eliminate buzz and hum.
Blade Size & Framing
Fans have from 3 to 5 blades; the standard variety is four. Several blades don’t affect performance a lot. Some say that additional blades really move less air as a result of there’s less house for them to grab air. However, the number of blades will tend to affect value.
Testing the Quality
It moves air effectively and quietly. The components are neat, made of top-quality materials, and sports lasting, enticing finishes. The motor has many speeds. And, it’s backed by a long-run warranty—at least ten years.
What is the Difference Amongst Damp, Dry, and Wet-Rated Ceiling Fans?
The open-air and patio ceiling fans comprise a rating that specifies if it might be utilized safely in the exterior regions. The provided rating, generally called the UL Rating, is given to describe the quantity of water the fan may be uncovered to.
Damp Rated Ceiling Fans
These ceiling fans might be able to handle the moisture that is present in the outdoor air but can’t be in direct contact with water, snow, rain, or other fluids that are present in the open air. The damp-rated fans moreover utilize materials that avoid corrosion and rust from outside elements.
Dry Rated Ceiling Fans
The ceiling fans can’t be installed outdoors. When these ceiling fans are exposed to humidity and open-air elements, they would get destroyed pretty swiftly, predominantly its blades. This kind of ceiling fan is intended for indoor installation only.
Wet Rated Ceiling Fans
These ceiling fans are weather resilient and appropriate to work in every type of weather. The motor covering and the blades of the wet rated ceiling fans are unaffected by ice, snow, rain, and even water coming out of a hose can be used for cleaning them. The finishes utilized in the wet-rated fans moreover help avoid rust and corrosion.
With the conclusion of the detailed analysis and comprehensive review section, we suppose that it would now become comparatively easier for each and every user who wants to purchase a ceiling fan. The sole purpose of breaking down the best options available on the market is to help you get the finest-quality products according to your requirements and choices. Therefore, we have also emphasized a lot on the “Value for Money” criteria all throughout the selection process.