Hair straighteners are the perfect solution for daily hair straightening at home. Most of us spend a lot of money and time getting our hair done in the salon. By buying hair products, you can easily straighten your hair at home.
Hair dryers are helpful, but nothing beats a good straightener for incredibly straight and straight hair. Choosing the best straightener for your hair can be tricky. There are so many options available like ceramic flat irons, ionic hair straighteners, etc.
Here are the 10 Best Hair Straighteners in India.
Let’s take a look at the Best Hair Straighteners!
Finding the best was next up on our list of challenges. After several hours of testing, we decided on a few models that we think are suited.
Here are the Top 10 & Best Hair Straightenersin 2021
- The Hair Stylers Comes With Easy Lock System, 360° Swivel Cord With 1.8 M Cord For Tangle-Free Styling And Safe Storage After Use.
- 3 In 1 Hair Styler Combines The Features Of A Hair Straightener, Hair Curler, And Hair Crimper For Creating Silky Straight Hair, Defined Curls, And Textured Crimps. The Multi-Functional Hair Styling Tool Is Designed To Create Three Different Hairstyle - Sleek Straight Hair, Natural Curls And Textured Crimped Effect.
- This Hair Styler Is Equipped With Ceramic Coating Technology To Help Reduce Damage From Heat As It Provides Even Distribution Of Heat For Smooth Styling.
- The Hair Styler For Women Comes With One Styling Button Without Any Hassle Of Carrying Several Attachments. Get Ready With Salon Styled Hair For Any Occasions; Be It Party, Date Night And Or While Traveling.
- The Styler Can Be A Perfect Gift For Self For Your Daily Hair Styling Regime Or To Your Loved Ones.
- The Vega 3 In 1 Hair Styler Comes With A 2 Years Warranty
- 20 seconds fast heating the built-in iron hair straightener adopts the upgraded ceramic heating (PTC) technology, which can be heated quickly, covering more hair and heating evenly at a time. It is easy to straighten the ends of the hair and get very close to the roots.
- OM CLAER Our hair straightener is suitable for international voltages from 110V to 220V, which is convenient for travel. With a conversion plug, you can use it no matter which country you are in. Bring a travel bag, you can easily pack it and take it for travel
- OM CLAER You can use this excellent two-in-one hot brush straightener to straighten or curl your hair. It won't pull your hair, just a light stroke, you can straighten it smoothly. Compared with flat iron, deep combing can comb more layers of hair at a time, instead of just combing the surface
- This anti-scalding straight hair brush will protect your scalp from high temperatures, and the flame-retardant plastic frame protects you from all angles. The straightener will automatically turn off after 30 minutes to ensure the safety of you and your family
- SlikProtect technology for optimized temperature and minimized damage
- Quick and smooth styling with ceramic plates infused with titanium allowing for fast heat transfer and smooth gliding through the hair
- 2 professional temperature settings- higher temp setting for long lasting results and lower temp setting for quick touch ups and gentle styling
- Long plates for better and fast straightening; Long plates : 20x90mm. Hair straightener fast heat up in 60 seconds
- 1.6 m Long heat safe cord. Swivel cord to prevent unnecessary tangles.
- 2 year guarantee
- Ceramic coated , Indicator: LED indicator
- 45 seconds quick heat up
- Advance PTC heating element
- Highest temperature 210 degree celsius
- Switch based on/off . Voltage: (100-240) V AC
- Extra wide straightening plates have been designed specifically for thick or long hair. The increased plate width can straighten more hair in one go and will help to reduce the time required to style
- SlikProtect technology for optimized temperature and minimized damage
- Quick and smooth styling with ultimate shine provided by Keratin plates infused with titanium allowing for fast heat transfer and smooth gliding through the hair
- Philips Straightener is equipped with a special ION .It is normal to hear a sizzling sound coming from your straightener. You may also get a strange smell. However, this is is nothing to worry about.
- Professional length plates for easier and faster straightening
- 2 professional temperature settings to give salon like results at home
- Hair straightener comes with ready to use in 30secs rapid heating technology
- Light body, stylish design with simple lock function make it travel friendly
- This hair straightener plate is built with high temperature resistant ceramic coated for smooth glide
- 360 degree swivel cord make it easy to move in any direction
- Hair straightener heats up to 230 degree celsius
- Country of Origin: China
- TRU Comb Hair Straightener: We guarantee a highly reliable and safe hair straightening brush for Women and Men. Our straightener helps you to get a Smooth and shiny finish whenever used. The electric comb is suitable for all hair lengths and hair types. Save your hair styling time and get Salon-quality styling at home.
- Premium Quality Comb: The outer layer of the Straightener is made of high-quality ABS plastic material and painted premium quality for glossy texture. The comb tooth is U-shaped and made up of PTC ceramic to provide stable heat without damaging the hair. The tip of the hair straightening comb is anti-scalded to heat resistance and it does not touch the inner plate directly, so need not worry about burns.
- Superior Craftsmanship: Designed portable and handy, our hair straightener is lightweight and requires electricity to operate. The surfaces and edges are finely polished for smooth finishing. The cord is 1.8M in length and is designed to have a 360-degree rotation to make your hair styling comfortable. It also has a Power button and a heat adjuster button to change around temperature.
- Indicator Lights: Our electric hair straightener brush has 6 LED lights. The first LED glows when the power button is ON. The remaining indicator lights are used to detect the temperature level of the comb straightener. The heat level of the comb can be adjusted with the provided + and - buttons.
- 2-in-1 Hairstyling Brush: Our hair straightener has a dual advantage, a perfect hairstyling tool that can be used as a straightener and curler. Just with 20 seconds of preheat you can use our iron straightener wisely for professional styling. It is also built with an automatic turn-off in about 20 minutes to prevent accidental burns.
- Perfect gift: Our hair straightener brush is an ideal gift for girls, boys, and adults. Surprise your friends and family with our fast-heating straightener who are very interested in styling their hair. Suitable for Curly, Silky, Wavy, Thick, Thin, and Dry hair types. Crafted for durability and perfect for busy individuals.
- Ionic Technology - Generates negative ions to help reduce frizz and add shine to hair instantly.
- Anti-Frizz & Anti-Scald Technology- Maintains a constant temperature to tame down frizz and protects your scalp from burning.
- Non-Snagging Teeth with Ceramic Coating - Ensures even heat distribution throughout the hair.
- 16 Adjustable Temperature Settings- Allows you to set the temperature from 80°C to 230°C as per your hair type.
- Digital Temperature Display - Helps you see and set the exact temperature at a single glance.
- With smooth 100 percent ceramic plates and compact and comfortable to use
- Compact and comfortable to use
- Heats up in just 30 seconds for quick styling
- Country of Origin: China
How Does It Work?
The working of a hair straightener is a bit technical, and may not be easy to understand, but we can give it a try.
Now, your hair typically has some hydrogen bonds that are found in the cortex. These normally bend and become very curly.
What the hair straightener does is to break them down. Once they are broken, the hair becomes typically straight, and the hair straightener has a way of trying to ensure the hair doesn’t go back to its original form.
Unfortunately, if the hair is exposed to moisture or water, the hydrogen bonds normally re-form and become curly again, and this is why most people will need to straighten their hair every day because once you shower, it becomes curly again.
What to look for when buying straighteners
Depending on the length of your hair, the width of the straighteners matter. The wider plates (approximately 5cm) suit longer hair better, the thinner plates (<5cm) will work better on shorter hair. The wider plates also suit thicker hair types.
What the plates are made from is important. The words to look out for are
Ceramic – you typically find that the less expensive straighteners have ceramic plates. They take a bit of time to heat up, but it is evenly distributed.
Metal – Metal plates are the ones that get hot within seconds and tend to cost a little more money.
Ceramic-coated – These are metal plates, coated in ceramic. The plates heat up really quickly and the heat is more even distributed. These tend to be the most expensive.
If you have really fine or thin hair, the idea of adding high temperatures to it seems mad. Which is why the best hair straighteners now have a variable temperature setting.
So many women use straighteners to tame frizz. Frizz is caused by too much positive charge on the hair, so much like with the best hair dryers, ionic technology aids your tools in taming frizz.
This is an obvious one. You either prefer a really, really long cord that means you can style standing up, wherever. Or you like a shorter cord that packs away neatly.
Types Of Hair Straighteners
Like any merchandise in a market, hair straighteners too have evolved with time, and there are various types available. Each type is unique and suited for a different type of fair. Listed below are some of the most common types of straighteners available.
Flat irons are the base of the straightener. Some of the flat irons are coated on top with ceramic and other metals. Pure flat iron straighteners are available in the market. However, flat iron plates are not very popular because they do not spread the heat event. This may result in some uneven patches on your hair. Flat irons sometimes overheat too hence coated flat irons are popular today.
Ceramic straighteners are of two types: Solid ceramic and ceramic coated.
Solid ceramic plates heat up very evenly, thus providing a smooth finish to your hair. They also maintain a constant temperature throughout the process and are best suited for frizzy hair.
Ceramic coated plates usually contain coatings on ceramic on any other plates. One of their advantages is quick heat-up. They also reduce the friction between the hair, which prevents any damage. A significant disadvantage of this type is that after a while, the coating tends to peel off, revealing the layer underneath which may not produce satisfactory results. They can be used on curly and frizzy hair.
Titanium is one of the best coatings on a hair straightener. It is absolutely safe to use and has quick heat-up. Its lightweight quality makes the hair straighteners very light and easy to handle. Titanium straighteners are very costly and hence recommended only if you have very curly hair or for professional purposes.
If you have very dull and damaged hair tourmaline ceramic straighteners are an excellent option. The have ionic and infrared technology that produce negative ions which remove the static charges causing frizz and help retain moisture in the hair. This adds shine to the hair and makes it look voluminous.
A straightening brush is like a hairbrush that is used to smoothen the hair from the roots. Many brushes are equipped with scad technology to prevent burning in the scalp. They are equipped with ionic technology to remove frizz and are very gentle on your hair.
How to straighten your hair like a pro
In the past, ok in the 90s, when all we wanted was poker straight hair, we used to grab our straighteners, clamp them over our strands, as firmly as possible, and drag them from root to tip, without a care or thought. Thankfully, those days are over, but there are still ways of improving our technique.
‘A common mistake with straightening is going over the same piece of hair multiple times,’ warns Larry King – hair stylist extraordinaire, founder of Larry King Haircare and Marie Claire Hair Awards 2021 judge. The trouble with this he says, ‘is one side of the hair straightens better and easier than the other. This causes irreversible heat damage and breakage usually on one side than the other. Invest in good tools that maintain the condition of your hair too.’
King also explains that to achieve the best results it’s all about identifying your hair type, the look you’re trying to achieve and finding the appropriate tool to suit. Once you know that you’ll know to get the most from the settings on your straighteners. ‘There are multiple different ways to straighten thick vs thin & long vs short hair,’ he says. He recommends a high intensity heat for thicker hair: ‘With thick hair you want to aim to take the density out, but with finer hair you just need to gently take the curl out, so lower the temperature for thinner hair.’
‘If you want a straight, sleek look, whilst maintaining some volume, use a lower temperature. This will take out the curl but maintain the volume. If you wanted it sleeker and flatter, taking out the density, then you want a medium temperature, around 165°C – 185°C. If you go to hot on a straightener you find you then can’t change the look. So will struggle to add volume or curls later on.’
Tips for Choosing the Best Hair Straightener for Your Needs
1. Based on the Heat Setting
A great range of hair straighteners allows you to set the temperature as per your requirement. Different hair types require different temperature setting. And there are some hair straighteners that only have an on/ off button.
2. Based on the Temperature
On the basis of the temperature, the straighteners can be classified on the basis of various types.
Some of them work between 360- 380 degrees and some of them have a setting of 380- 410 degrees. This is because different hair textures require a different set of temperature and one must choose the right set of straightener for the hair.
3. Based on the Plate Material
On the basis of the material of the plate, the product can be classified into various types. These are ceramic, tourmaline and titanium.
If one is using a ceramic-based plate, it helps in the even distribution of heat on the product, and the hair will turn out to be much softer as compared to the other plates.
In case of a titanium-based straightener, this works best if the user has thick hair. It is also lightweight in nature and will get heated up way faster as compared to others.
If one wishes to get more shine, then tourmaline is the best.
The ceramic plate holds the heat and also takes care of frizzy hair. As ceramic has a great capacity of holding the heat, it also tends to end the heat in a faster way.
The titanium plate is another one that heats up faster than a ceramic one. This also has an ionic charge which makes the entire process of straightening fast.
4. Based on the Size
Hair straighteners come in various sizes – ½’, 1’, ¼’, and a 2’ straightener.
f the Plate
This entirely depends on the length and type of hair. The thin plates are suited for short hair and medium plates are suited for short to medium hair.
And wide plates are used for long, frizzy, and thick hair. All those who have fine hair tend to use plates that are medium to slim in nature. And those who have thick hair should go for wide plates.
So…Which One Should You Buy?
Now that you already have some idea as to which flat iron to buy, the next thing you need to do is to determine your budget and ask yourself what you really want out of your purchase. Some people are pretty content with buying a hair straightener that does a good job of giving them the hair style they want. Others are more concerned about whether the hair straightener will damage their hair or not. Some are more interested to know if a product is affordable. Then there are also those that want flat irons for hair that are durable and long-lasting.
The good news is that with our list of the top rated hair straighteners, you are assured that all these products are effective, efficient, reasonably priced, durable and easy to use. Just take your pick.