If you’re one of the many homeowners that dread mowing their lawn, you’ll be excited to learn about the opportunity to invest in the best zero turn mower on the market. Don’t forget to get an overall look at the best riding mowers. These mowers are powerful, sturdy, and ready to get the job done faster than you ever thought possible.
Each of the lawn mowers are innovative and show a lot of ingenuity when it comes to taking care of one of the most tedious tasks in a reasonable amount of time. For smaller work, you could consider string trimmers or these lawn mowers for small yards.
There are a lot of great zero turn mower brands on the market, but when it comes down to it, reading about all of them is just too time-consuming for most homeowners. Luckily, we’ve done the work for you. We’ve compiled a review of the top 10 zero turn mowers on the market and broken down everything you need to know about each one of them.
Our Top Recommended
The Best Zero Turn Mower List 2020
10 Best Zero Turn Mower Reviews
- Package Contains: Includes 2 pcs mower trailer hitch, 4 bolts and 4 nuts. The inner center distance is about 2-3", and the outer center distance is 5". Therefore, you can choose which installation method according to your needs.
- Easy to Install: Equipped with slotted mounting holes, lawn tractor hitches are easier to align and fix. With nuts and bolts, it fits nicely into the bracket and adds overall support to the hook.
- Heavy Duty: Our zero turn hitch is constructed of 0.11” thick steel, which is durable enough to operate in all weather conditions. Helps with moving tools and swept dry leaves, etc.
- Compatibility: This aftermarket riding mower hitch is generally compatible with many models. It is coated with rust prevention coating, which can be used safely.
- Mower Hitch Plate: Can also be matched with trailers, RV, ATV, all terrain vehicle, golf cart, etc. It's necessary for tractor owner to have a spare tow hitch for emergencies.
- Replaces Part Number Compatible With MTD 754-04329, 954-04329, 954-04329A
- Models Fits Cub Cadet RZT-SX 54, ZT1-54, ZT2-54, RZT-L54, RZT-S54, RZT-LX 54, RZT-S54 Zero Turn Mowers with 54" Mower Decks
- Width: 5/8",Length:148 1/4"
- Belt Application :Deck
- ✅ Air Filter Replace Toro 117-0390 Exmark 116-0164 Rotary 15907.
- ✅ Fits Lazer Z AS 790,000 – 849,999 Lazer Z E Series 920,000 & Up Lazer Z E Series 312,000,000 & Up Lazer Z E Series 313,000,000 & Up Lazer Z E Series 314,000,000 & Up Lazer Z S Series 920,000 & Up Lazer Z S Series 312,000,000 & Up Lazer Z S Series 313,000,000 & Up Lazer Z S Series 314,000,000 & Up Lazer Z X Series 920,000 & Up.
- ✅ Fits Lazer Z X Series 312,000,000 & Up Lazer Z X Series 313,000,000 & Up Lazer Z X Series 314,000,000 & Up Next Lazer ASX 850,000 & Up Next Lazer Z Air Cooled 790,000 & Up Next Lazer Z Air Cooled 850,000 & Up Next Lazer Z AS 850,000 & Up Next Lazer Z Propane 850,000 & Up.
- ✅ Compatible with Exmark Lazer Z S series with 48" and 60" deck; Compatible with Lazer Z E series with 60" deck Lazer Z X series with 60" and 72" deck Quest with 52" deck Commercial Z Master G3 74901, 74926, 74937, 74943CP, 74951, 74956CP, 74977 and 74956. Fits Parker HTE/HTJ/HTG Series Transmissions.
- ✅ Size Perfect Fit: OD:2 1/2", Height: 4 1/2". You will get 2 pcs Filter.
- Application for: Sammanlight zero turn lawn mower trailer hitch tongue bracket for Ariens / Gravely lawn mower, compatible with ZT-X, ZT-XL, IKON X & IKON XL mowers
- Heavy Duty Metal Hitch: Zero turn lawn mower rear trailer hitch with heavy duty steel construction, max towing load 300 LBs, tongue load of 29 lbs
- Easy Install: Directly bolts on install
- Note: Not Compatible with gravely 260z
- Package Included: Come with 1 PC zero turn lawn mower trailer hitch and 4 screw bolts. NOT includes installation instruction
- UNIVERSAL FIT：Universal Measures (79"Lx46" Wx55"H) suitable for most types of lawn mowers. Please measure the size of your lawn mower carefully before purchasing
- HEAVY-DUTY: ASHLEYRIVER lawn mower cover is made of 420D oxford fabric with double stitched seams for enhanced durability and long-lasting usage.Thicker enough to resist wearing and tearing
- WATER-RESISTANT: Premium zero-turn mower cover features excellent PU coating fabric and the seam sealing inside that provides maximum water-resistant protection for your riding mowers
- FULL PROTECTION: The high-quality buckle and elastic hem design in the bottom ensures mover cover close fit with your lawn mower to avoid blowing away. Our zero-turn lawn Mower Cover protects your mower all year around from wind, rain, snow, UV, dust, pollen, etc
- EASY TO STORE: Our riding mower cover comes with a practical storage bag for your convenience
- 【WIDE COMPATIBILITY】 Designed for lawn tractors, zero turn lawn mowers, dump trucks, lawn mower drums, lawn trailer and so on.
- 【HEAVY DUTY】 Made of sturdy and rugged 0.17" thickness steel and powder-coated, max loaded weight up to 250 LBS. The black powder coating protects the hook from corrosion and damage caused by weathering
- 【EASY INSTALLATION】 No cutting required, install directly. If necessary, drill holes and adjust the hole spacing for better installation, drill holes to fit incompatible lawn mowers
- 【PACKAGE INCLUDED】 1* Heavy Duty Zero Turn Mower Trailer Hitch and 2 pairs of bolts
- Replace Part Number: Hustler 791988
- Fits Hustler Raptor 117164 117164EX 124379 124379EX Zero Turn Mowers with 54" Mower Decks
- Z700 Kubota 1:64 Scale Riding Lawn Mower with Pull Back Motor Action
- Reverse-wind spring motor. Metal axle and wheels that turn.
- Authentic Kubota colors and graphics. Highly detailed with hard rubber tires.
- Place on a hard flat surface...pull back...and let go!
- Vehicle measures approximately 3.5 inches long. Ages 4 and up. From NewRay
- Part Number:042-9000-00 042900000 1714054 99070
- Application：Bad Boy Zero Turn Mower MZ ZT CZT Outlaw Pup;Briggs Stratton Engine;Bush Hog Engine
Zero-Turn Mower Buyer’s Guide
Purchasing the right zero-turn mower is a challenge if you don’t know what you’re looking at in a prospective machine. Zero-turn mowers are only suitable for large properties, and there’s no way these machines will work in the average suburban yard.
However, even though these machines have design and construction for heavy-duty use, some are more industrial than others. If you’re a landscaper that services large estates and golf courses, then read through this buyer’s guide to get an understanding of the right machine for your work.
What are Zero-Turn Mowers?
Other riding mowers that require up to 18 to 30-inches for a turning circle. However, the zero-turn riding mower circles on a dime, without the need to turn in an arch. As a result, you get a fast turn, and you don’t have to readjust your cutting line.
Zero-turn mowers aren’t the ideal choice for properties than have grassed areas or lawns that are under 3-acres in size. These machines are for professional landscapers that require a sturdy and durable mower for use frequently during the workweek.
Zero-turn mower provides ease of use and plenty of comfortability when mowing, reducing operator fatigue while producing the perfect cut.
How Do Maintain a Zero-Turn Mower?
These machines are serious pieces of equipment. Trying to service them on your own is a challenge, especially if you don’t know your way around an engine.
Attempting to service your zero-turn mower by yourself may end up voiding your warranty, leading to a costly repair job. We recommend you take your mower to a dealer that specializes in working with the brand of mower you own.
Think of your zero-turn mower as a car. This machine has so many working parts; you’ll end up getting lost if you don’t know what you’re doing. Leave the motor and the electrical system to the professionals. Your mower will need servicing every 6 to 12-months, depending on how often you use it in your work.
All zero-turn mowers require essential maintenance to keep them running efficiently. At the beginning of the spring season, send your mower in for a service. The dealer should sharpen the blades, and check the motor and the cutting deck for damage.
After using your machine, use a lift to get to the underside of the cutting deck, and make sure you clean away all debris before your next job.
Features To Look For In The Zero Turn Mower
There are numerous brands and models of zero turn lawn mowers in the market today; thus, selecting the perfect model might prove to be a difficult task. To help you make the best decision, we have come up with the essential features you need to look out for, during your searching process. This will help you make a more informed decision and a better monetary investment.
- Engine Horsepower – The strength of your engine greatly determines the functionality of your machine. We recommend that you opt for drivers with higher horsepower, as these machines make the mowing process very easy and swift. If you’re located on uneven terrain or a hilly area, your best bet will be a machine with high horsepower, as it makes the cutting of thick grass very simple.
- Cutting Width ( inches ) – The width of your cutting deck also aids in reducing your overall cutting time. The best deck size according to experts is fifty or sixty inches as this can cut through different types of obstacles with ease. Put, cutting is more comfortable with a broader deck; thus, get a full pack.
- Transmission – Transmission in a zero turn lawn mower is done using a level system. This dual lever system should be as ergonomic as possible to provide the operator with more control and better maneuverability. Be sure to check out the specifications to find out how ergonomic transmission is, before making a purchase.
- Fuel Capacity ( Gal ) – Zero turn lawn mowers offer different fuel options namely flex-fuel, gasoline, diesel, and propane. Depending on your preference. It is best to purchase a model that helps you save fuel and the best option for this is the electronic fuel-injection system.
- Weight – The last feature we believe Is equally vital to the selection process is the weight of your mower. As much as possible, opt for models you can move around quickly, either for storage or operations. This helps you keep the machine away from the changing seasons ultimately saving it from continuous repair and maintenance.
As you read, even between mowers, there can be a lot of options, and you need to get a good one which fits all the criteria. The best zero turn mower is the advanced, time saving and reliable choice for you for mowing your big lawn size. All the information required to make that decision has been mentioned above, and you can use the same to consider the decision carefully. Always look for options that make you comfortable to lead an easy life; don’t let cost drive your choices.