Buying a porch or garden best adirondack chairs to sit on for hours is difficult. Well, look no further. You can’t go wrong with classic Adirondack chairs. These chairs are made to lean back and lie down. The creators know your butt will stay in that chair for hours, while you enjoy the sun and fresh air. It is meant to relax and rejuvenate in these traditional chairs. Plus, they’re so versatile. You can place them in your backyard, porch, patio, deck, dock, or even take them to the beach. That’s why we put together the best Adirondack chairs for you.
Here are the 10 Best Adirondack Chairs in India.
Let’s take a look at the Best Adirondack Chairs!
Finding the best was next up on our list of challenges. After several hours of testing, we decided on a few models that we think are suited.
Here are the Top 10 & Best Adirondack Chairs in India in 2021
- 100% MADE IN THE USA - backed by US customer service and support
- Leave outside year-round. Will not crack, peel, or rot when exposed to the elements
- NO SANDING, STAINING, OR PAINTING - yet it looks like real wood
- DURABLE MATERIAL - assembled with 304 Grade Stainless Steel hardware
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE (see assembly guide) - assembled chair dimensions are 29"W x 34"H x 36"D (33lbs). Seat Height is 9. 5 inches. Seat width is 20 inches
- Made from dense and durable Eucalyptus Hardwood
- Ultra-comfortable adirondack chair, looks and performs like teak
- Built-in ottoman for comfort
- Easily maintained with hardwood oil (sold separately)
- Seat Dimensions - 20 x 23 x 15 H Inch
- Made in the usa
- Trex furniture uses genuine stainless steel hardware for optimal performance and longevity
- Trex outdoor furniture requires minimal assembly; some models even unfold right out of the box with no need for assembly; items that require assembly often take less than 30 minutes to complete and include basic tools with easy to follow instructions
- Trex Outdoor Furniture does not need to be stained, painted or sealed in any way due to the durable nature of the material
- Overall dimensions: 29-inch w by 33-inch d by 35-1/4-inch h;
- Cape cod folding adirondack chair
- Classic comfortable design | Constructed of weather-resistant simulated wood
- Chair dimensions – 31.1” W x 38.6” D x 36.9” H | Armrest thickness – .75” | Seat length – 38.6” | Seat back height – 36.9” | Slat thickness – .64” | Weight limit – 300 lbs. | Curved seat | Back rest not adjustable
- UV-protected will not crack, chip or peel
- The beauty of wood without the maintenance
- Assembly required. Please watch assembly video
- This is TrueValue American Product. Made in USA. Flex-Cushion Technology and Softer Support Beams into the Seating area
- Adams RealComfort Adirondack, Pacifica Color, SafetyGrip foot design, 100% Recyclable Chair
- Offering Lumbar and Neck Support, Really Comfortable Chair, Like Easy Chair
- Stack-able for Easy Storage, Holds Up To 250 lbs, With Big Space for holding Arms
- Adults really love this type of chair & They really feel RealComfort to sit and take rest
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Sugar, Mel (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 30 Pages - 02/17/2020 (Publication Date)
- PREMIUM PATIO FURNITURE COVER: Guaranteed to fit Adirondack chairs 31.5" long x 33.5" deep x 36" high*
- Not designed to entirely cover the wheels or legs
- HEAVY DUTY AND WATER RESISTANT: Gardelle One is a durable woven polyester fabric with an added UV-stabilized coating and a water-resistant laminated backing
- CUSTOM FIT PATIO COVER: Water-resistant backing keeps your patio chairs dry while elastic hem cords move easily through a special channel and custom-colored buckles attach to chair legs for a snug fit
- DURABLE COVER WITH ADVANCED FEATURES: Reinforced padded handles make removal easy while air vents keep weather out providing maximum ventilation and minimum condensation; RAVENNA OUTDOOR PATIO SET COVERS: Protect your entire patio furniture collection with premium Ravenna covers
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION. Made from genuine POLYWOOD lumber to withstand a range of environmental stressors, including hot sun, snowy winters, and strong coastal winds
- ECO-FRIENDLY. POLYWOOD lumber is a proprietary blend of plastics which includes recycled milk jugs and detergent bottles.
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE. Clear instructions and marine-grade quality hardware make assembly a snap
- EASY MAINTENANCE. Requires no painting, waterproofing, or staining.
- COMFORTABLE. A contoured seat and waterfall front increase comfort.
- Wood Adirondack Chair - This Foldable Adirondack Chair is made out of weather-resistant Acacia hardwood and painted a soothing white
- Ergonomically Designed - The ergonomic structure of this chair ensures optimal comfort and relaxation
- Foldable Chair - Our Foldable Wooden Adirondack Chair itself is light weight and very easy to handle, as it folds flat for easy storage
- Outdoor Chair - Use as a patio chair, garden chair, foldable lawn chair
- Easy Assembly - Typical assembly time for this unit is 30 – 45 minutes as there are several components, hardware and full instructions included
- POLYWOOD lumber is a proprietary material which includes landfill-bound and ocean-bound plastics
- Weatherproof and withstands a range of environmental stressors, including hot sun and cold winters
- Cleans easily with soap, water, and a soft-bristle brush. No other maintenance required
- Assembles easily with clear instructions and marine-grade quality hardware
- 20-year residential and 3-year commercial warranty; Made in the USA
What Are the Advantages of an Adirondack Chair?
One word: comfort. These chairs were developed to be both simple and comfortable, and they’re now iconic as a leisure chair for the outdoors.
The simple design ranges from a rustic look to a highly polished, modern look depending on the finish and material. This makes them versatile.
Due to the way they’re constructed, they’re also quite durable. With the right material and finish, they’re an iconic piece of patio furniture which many love to make a part of their home.
By combining simplicity, a unique aesthetic, and durability they’re definitely a step up from most of the common, less durable designs which sometimes dominate the low end of the patio furniture market.
1. What is the Best Material For Adirondack Chairs?
The trend of Adirondack chairs begins when a carpenter named Thomas Lee made one during a vacation in Westport, NY(wiki). So originally, there were only wooden Adirondack chairs. However, due to increasing demand and modern lifestyle, there has been a lot of change in material and construction. But we cannot specifically conclude which material is best for Adirondack chairs as each one have its special features.
Type of Adirondack chairs:
Plastic Adirondack Chairs: As they are also made from plastic, however, due to environmental concerns, brands have stopped making the plastic Adirondack chair.
Polywood Adirondack Chairs: Polywood material is cheaper yet provides great sturdiness. No wonder why it is so popular among many users. And besides that, polywood is eco-friendly. It is mostly prepared from used plastic bottles, milk containers, etc, and is safe for the environment. Not just that, you get tons of color choices with polywood material. And most importantly its all-weather resistant feature allows you to keep it outdoors all the time.
Wooden Adirondack Chairs: Speaking of wood, you get a variety of wood Adirondack chair choices. It may be teak, pine, cedar, acacia and the list goes on. Wooden construction has its own strength and beautiful natural wood color which enhances the beauty of your patio. Apart from that, each wood has its own special properties such as teak wood is best when it comes to outdoor furniture. Teak is strong, durable and can withstand adverse weather conditions. However, you need to take extra care with wooden furniture as they might get damaged easily due to moisture. Also, you need to buy good quality wood oil in order to maintain long-lasting performance.
2. How Much Does an Adirondack Chair Cost?
A teak Adirondack chair will cost you around $650-$700. On the other hand, a good quality polywood unit is much cheaper and costs $250-$350. You might also come across units that cost below 150 dollars. But they are not worth buying as the material quality is poor. A good Adirondack chair is a combination of many things such as quality of material, back angle, height, width, size of arms, etc. If all these qualities match your expectations, then congratulations, you’ve found your perfect chair.
3. Where to Buy Adirondack Chair Cushions?
The hard surface of the chair makes it tough for people to sit on such chairs, which is why you need to buy cushions to make the seat comfier. You can buy them from an online store such as Amazon to get the best deal and discount. However, make sure to check the size of your cushions and buy something which exactly fits on your chair.
4. Are Adirondack Chairs Good For Your Back?
Back of Adirondack chair is high as compared to other outdoor patio furniture. Plus, the angle of back and seat is such that it helps to relax your body by distributing weight evenly. People buy Adirondack chairs because of one main reason, they are comfortable to sit for hours. In addition, reclining on such chairs improves blood circulation and relaxes lumbar. As a result, it helps a lot to people suffering from lower back or back pain.
If you’re among the people suffering from worse back pain then you should go with reclining Adirondack chairs. The recline feature lets you set the best position for your back. This, in turn, allows you to peacefully enjoy summer eve with family around a fire pit. You can even make use of cushions on the back and seat area to make it more comfortable.
Traditional Adirondack chairs are made of wood, but they come in a rainbow of different colors. If you want a truly, authentic seat, you’ll want to select a favorite wood species. Set it outside, and allow it to weather down naturally. The wood will have a gray appearance to it after a few months or years. Seal other wood Adirondack seats so that they’ll last longer, however. Long-lasting products are usually made out of plastic too. They’re nearly maintenance free compared to wood. Wicker is always attractive as another alternative, but it will break down quickly in the summer sunlight.
The Adirondack product is meant to encourage relaxation and comfort. If it’s difficult to assemble, however, you associate frustration with the chair from that moment forward. As you shop around for these furniture pieces, look over the assembly directions. You shouldn’t need a complex tool. Some manufacturers will even send you a tool as part of the product’s accessories. Every skill level should be able to put this product together in less than an hour. If the assembly instructions are too complex, the chair may not serve your patio well. Ideally, the manufacturer will send the seat in only a few separate parts, and you can quickly piece them together.
Because these products last for many years, you want to have a comparable warranty period as well. Take a look at the chair’s warranty before you buy the item. It will differentiate between residential and commercial use. In most cases, these products will be used in a home environment. Warranties will usually range from one to 20 years when the chairs are infrequently used at home. Commercial warranties are much shorter because of the presumed “use and abuse” that the items will be subjected to each day. Keep your proof of purchase and warranty in a safe place. If any issues occur, you should be covered by the manufacturer’s coverage.
Each slat holds and distributes your weight across the entire chair. Because of their importance, the slats need to be closely regarded before you select a specific product. Look for strong fasteners that hold the slats in place. There should be some spacing between each section, but not too much space. Adirondack chairs are meant to be sturdy pieces of furniture with some spacing in order to drain rainwater away. Try to sit in a few different seats before making a final purchasing decision. Your comfort level will be different than any other person. In most cases, you want a well-defined seat and back panel with only a small space between slats.
What to Look for in an Adirondack Chair
Since the design has become so common, it’s not hard to find exactly what you’re looking for as long as you have the patience. If you’re truly looking to make sure that your purchase is a valuable addition to your home you might want to consider the following characteristics before deciding on a final design to adorn your patio.
Traditionally, these chairs have been made of wood. The originals were made of hemlock and basewood, but they’ve been produced in just about every wood type at some point over the years.
Teak is considered a gold standard for outdoor furniture, this wood offers amazing weather resistance and durability. Many classic pieces of outdoor furniture produced in teak are still in existence decades later which makes this a highly sought after material.
Pine is cheap, and with the right finish will last for a long time. While pine is generally thought of as an inferior wood, with the right finish it can hold up in nearly all conditions for an extended period of time. This makes it a good balance between durability and cost.
Cedar is often used without a finish, allowing the gorgeous grain of the wood to stand on it’s own. It’s weather resistant and also functions as a natural insect repellent, along with having a distinct and pleasant odor.
Of course, with modern materials not all Adirondack chairs are created from wood. There are other options for those who are on a tight budget.
All weather plastic is a sensible, cheap choice that comes in a variety of colors. These plastics can be kept outside year round and come in a variety of colors which can add a modern look to these rustic chairs.
Plastic often features a smooth and shiny finish, which makes them stand out.
If you’re on a budget and looking for a chair that looks like wood, then resin or polywood is what you’re looking for. These materials mimic wood and are treated in different ways to make them weather and UV resistant to keep their coloration going.
Polywood will tend to look a little bit better, but resin is generally a stronger material.
These are the best Adirondack plastic chairs on the market currently to get you relaxing outdoors without any worries. The chairs are all-weather and rarely get damaged. They are a durable pick that will serve you for long giving you excellent value for your money. Make sure you find one on the list that best suits your needs and buy right away.
Leave a Comment