Several tools and gadgets in our kitchen help us with our daily culinary activities. Whether it’s chopping, slicing or mixing, we use different tools, attachments for different purposes and for different dishes. And slicing is the most common thing we do in the kitchen. A knife is a handy little tool that can do wonders for slicing vegetables, fruits, and more. Our cooking process begins with the use of a knife. Therefore, the best kitchen knife set is the most useful thing on our culinary journey.
Here are the 10 Best Kitchen Knife Set in India.
Let’s take a look at the Best Kitchen Knife Set!
our experts love to cook, so we bring to you after through research and practical experience, the best kitchen knife set in India..
Here are the Top 10 & Best Kitchen Knife Set in 2021
- Shears Knife set includes 1 - Boner Knife (25cm), 1- Utility Knife (23cm), 1- Steak Knife(22cm), 1- paring Knife(18cm), 1 - Kitchen Scissor (21cm) & 1 - Wooden Stand.
- This Kithen knife set made from a single piece of stainless steel with riveted handles which gives a comfortable experience and each of them provides a proper grip.
- You may use the different knives to chop, slice and dice the vegetables, fruits, meat.
- Material: Stainless Steel, Color: Black
- This amazing knife set comes with sharp knives with comfortable handles for effortless cuts, multifunctional scissors and a wooden stand to keep them well protected and clean.
- Color: Silver, Material: Stainless Steel
- 4 piece knife set with chopping board
- simple and easy to use
- usefull for vegetable cutting
- stainless steel and made in india
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Package Contents : 1 x knife Scissor, 5 x Different Knives, 1 x Multi-Purpose Rod.
- Color: Black & Silver.
- Best For: Home,Office, Hotel, Restaurant, Fast Food Corners
- Blade Thickness : 1 mm
- Made from high-quality stainless steel
- Contoured handles for soft grip
- Hollow ground edges. Dishwasher Safe : Yes
- Colour: Assorted, Material: Stainless Steel
- Package Contents: 1-Piece chef knife (8 inch/20.3 cm), 1-Piece utility knife (5 inch/12.7 cm) and 1-Piece paring knife (3.5 inch/8.9 cm)
- Warranty Information: 1-year warranty against manufacturing defects
- This is a 6 pieces kitchen knife set that includes 5 multipurpose knives and 1 pair of sharpaner & Free Cutting Board
- This amazing knife set comes handy with day to day kitchen job
- Made ergonomically in Stainless Steel with Black handles, each of them provide a proper grip
- High-carbon stainless-steel blades for sharp edges
- You may use the different knives to chop, slice and dice the vegetables, fruits, meat, etc
- This knife set includes 1 chef knife, 1 boning knife, 1 utility knife, 1 pairing knife and a scissors and Wooden Stand.
- Package Contents: 4 - Knife, 1 - Scissor, 1 - Wooden Stand
- Material: Plastic and Tempered Steel | Color: Black
- Tempered steel blades for strength, sharpness and durability
- High definition serrations for everyday food preparation
- Perfect Paring Knife: Special compact size of blades for precise peeling performance
- Easy Chopping Knife: Special blade for multi-purpose cutting
- Fine Dicing Knife: King-size blade makes slicing precise and easy
- High grade [AISI 420 J2] stainless steel blade 53-55 HRC for durability
- Hollow ground blades done by European heavy-duty machines for greater comfort and effectiveness
- Non-toxic polypropylene handles which are hygienic and dishwasher
- Material: Stainless Steel; Finish: Stainless Steel
- Color: Silver
- Item Length: Chopper=27.9 cm, Chef Knife (Big)=26.7 cm, Chef Knife (Small)=24.1 cm
- List of Included Items: 1 Chopper, 1 Chef Knife (Small), 1 Chef Knife (Big)
- Care Instructions: Keep away from corrosive liquid
- High-carbon stainless-steel blades for sharp edges
- Triple-rivet handles ensure a comfortable, stable & secure grip
- Chef's knife & Utility knife is ideal for slicing, mincing & chopping vegetables & meat
- Paring knife is ideal for peeling and cutting small garnishes
- Chef's knife: Size of blade - 8 inches; Size of handle - 5 inches
- Utility knife: Size of blade - 5 inches; Size of handle - 4.3 inches
- Package Content : 4 Pcs knife,1 Pcs Peeler,1 Pcs Wooden Stand
- This amazing knife set comes handy with day to day kitchen job. Made ergonomically in Stainless Steel with Steel handles, each of them provide a proper grip.
- Color: Silver, Material: Food Grade Stainless Steel blades
- You may use the different knives to chop, slice and dice the vegetables, fruits, meat.
- To be hand washed only
Common Types of Kitchen Knives
Many different types of kitchen knives are available, but these are the knives that home chefs use most frequently: the chef’s knife, santoku knife, utility knife, paring knife, boning knife, cleaver, and bread knife.
The blades of a chef’s knife range in length from 6 inches to 10 inches. Designed for a variety of purposes—slicing, cutting, and chopping—this type of kitchen knife is very versatile.
The “belly” of the blade on a chef’s knife is curved to allow the cook to chop foods quickly by rocking the blade back and forth. On this style of kitchen knife, the blade ends in a sharp point, and it’s beveled on both sides to create a V-shape cutting edge. Chef’s knives work well to chop fibrous foods like onions.
Santoku knives have a sleek, Japanese-style design. With a blade that’s typically 6 to 7 inches long, these knives are made for slicing, dicing, and mincing. This type of kitchen knife has a flat cutting edge, with a blade that ends in a rounded curve known as a “sheep’s foot.” This curve sets santoku knives apart from Western-style blades, which have sharp points, depending on the type.
The difference in the curvature of the blade between the santoku and the chef’s knife means that you cannot effectively use a rocking or chopping motion with a santoku knife. However, its shorter blade provides better maneuverability and control, allowing for precise, clean cuts.
The utility knife, or petty knife, is a small, general-purpose knife. It’s used for a variety of cooking and meal-preparation tasks, including carving, mincing, peeling, and slicing. Most utility knives’ blades are between 4 and 6 inches long, which makes them similar in size to paring knives. In fact, some home chefs prefer to use a utility knife to peel fruit or devein shrimp, tasks usually relegated to a paring knife.
A paring knife is a small kitchen knife with a blade that’s usually 3 to 5 inches in length. These knives are perfect for making small, precise cuts and paring fruits and vegetables, which is how they got their name. “Paring” is cutting off the outer skin or cutting away the outer edges of a food item, such as an apple or a clove of garlic. When paring a vegetable or fruit, you typically hold the food item in your hand, which you definitely don’t want to do with a long-bladed knife!
For party prep, paring knives are useful for a variety of tasks: cutting fruit into wedges, paring citrus peels, and deveining shrimp. Moreover, their small size means they’re easily portable, so they pack easily into a lunch bag to cut up fruits or vegetables on the go.
Boning knives get their name from their intended purpose: cutting the meat away from the bones of different kinds of meat, including pork, fish, chicken, or other type. However, the name doesn’t mean it cuts through bone. Instead, its slim, flexible blade can trim along the edges of the bone without cutting into it or turning back into the meat.
With a blade between 5 and 6 inches long, a boning knife is a necessity in the kitchens for those who like to fish or hunt.
Like the boning knife, the cleaver also is used to cut meat, but the cleaver’s size and chopping force means it comes in handy when cutting melons and many vegetables. Cleavers’ blades are usually 6 to 8 inches long, but they can weigh more than 2 pounds because their blades are so thick.
A cleaver’s purpose is most evident when this large knife comes down on a piece of meat. Though a cleaver’s blade is usually not as sharp as those of other knives, the weight of the knife and the force of the downward stroke can easily separate thick meats and even small- to medium-size bones.
A bread knife always has a serrated blade. The serrated edge typically has large, widely spaced serrations that allow the user to cut through, rather than tear, soft-grain products like breads and bagels. The blade is usually completely straight, with no curve at all along its length.
These knives measure between 7 and 10 inches in length, and they can be used to slice more than just bread. Their wide serrations make quick work of softer fruits like tomatoes and tough-skinned food like pineapples and butternut squash.
What Include In A Knife Set?
When you’ll select a knife set for your kitchen before you should look at “how you cook”? Because there are various knives from small to large in a block. Also for a small family, 5 or 7 pieces different knives are enough, no need dozens of knives.
But if you see some knives for the first time, so of course you should know about it. For example, a paring knife also used for peeling and trimming. And other hand a chef’s knife for the multi-purpose cutting role. So let you know some different types of kitchen knives!
Chef’s Knife: It’s usually 8 inches long and it’s a workhorse for every professional and home kitchen. Also, it used for chopping, slicing, dicing, and other heavy cutting.
Boning knife: The traditional boning knife is 5 or 6 inches long. And it used to remove the bones from meat. And experienced chefs can use it as a fillet knife very carefully. But especially a good quality boning knife for chicken, meat, beef, and poultry.
Paring Knife: It’s typically 3-4 inches long. Also, the paring knife people used for fruits and vegetables to remove the peel. And it extremely versatile and anyone can use it in different ways.
Santoku Knife: The Santoku knife is one of the most popular and great looking chef’s knife. It is long between 5 to 7 inches and sometimes closed to 8″ It is a Japanese version professional knife and can handle all types of small to medium kitchen slicing job.
Serrated Knife: A long knife that has some teeth to cut when it moves backward and forward simply called it a bread knife as a serrated knife. And it is almost 10 inches long and performs well on the cake, tomatoes, and bread.
Utility knife: A Utility knife is a good alternative of a chef knife. Because you can use it as a mini chef knife for cutting and slicing even mincing. This tiny chef’s knife has a 6 to 8-inches blade with a nice wicked sharp edge.
Steak knife: This knife is very popular especially for a steak party. Because it’s made only for roasted meat which is ready to eat. For smooth cutting, it has very nano teeth with a nice wooden handle.
Some other knives and tools
Carving knife: A carving knife for slicing large pieces of meat or poultry. Because it has a very long blade than others which is between 8 to 12 inches for handling beef, pork, chicken, turkey, and many others.
Meat cleaver: A meat cleaver isn’t a perfect knife for a home chef. Because it is very heavy and difficult to handle. But it’s familiar with professional butchers. If you need to slice or cutting big-size meat then a good butcher knife would an ideal tool for those jobs.
Honing steel: A honing steel is a knife sharpening rod and that helps the chefs to sharpen their knives very quickly when they need.
Storage block: Maybe already you know what is a storage block. A storage block would a plastic or wooden even bamboo to keep your knives and tools together.
How You Should Choice The Best Kitchen Knife Set?
Before buying a kitchen knife set you should consider some features which will better for you. Because there are a lot of kitchen knife brands and they provide different knives for home and restaurants. But you should know which feature is best that will give you the best comfort and safety. Here are some features which should be in a good kitchen knife set.
Blade & Performance:
Most kitchen knives are across two premium materials these are carbon steel, and high carbon stainless steel. Many kitchen knives made of carbon steel. That protects from rust and corrosion. But carbon steel knives could get dull too fast, but it’s very easy to sharpen.
But other hand stainless steel blades edges goes well for a long time. And it saves the knife from rust or corrosion but difficult to sharpen. But the stainless steel blade will give you the best performance and low maintenance. So definitely stainless steel forged blades are far better than stamped blade but it would more expensive.
Handle & Comfort:
A perfect kitchen knife handle ensures the best comfort and grip. And kitchen knife handles are made from various materials. But the most popular are stainless steel, wood, and composite. The wooden handle looks and grips also better but you should use it carefully.
Because some wooden handles are not dishwasher safe warm water can damage them. But the stainless steel handle is very popular and highly durable and water never can damage it. But it would very slippery especially for wet or oily hand. And stainless steel handle is not an ideal choice, who loves lightweight knives.
But the Composite knife handle is built with laminated wood composites. And that is saturated with premium plastic resin. There are many professional and serious cooks who love these handles. Because it is very easy to care as a sanitary of plastic. It has a good brighter outlook, very lightweight, and ensures a perfect grip and comfort.
Weight & Balance:
Weight is very important for a kitchen knife. Because it helps for a perfect balance so that you can cut and slice effortlessly. But weight actually depends on knife size and materials. Because stamped knives are very lighter than forged. But it goes dull very quickly and needs proper care and maintenance.
Even if you use an old poor quality knife, that means you are putting more pressure on your wrist. So choose those kitchen knife sets that will fulfill your drawback which you really expected! Even all the time only a lightweight knife is not ideal if you try to do some heavy work? But it actually depends on you and your work types where you will apply a knife? And most professional chefs recommended only a lightweight knife. Because it is very easy to balance!
Style Of Storage:
For purchasing a knife set for the kitchen so storage space is very important! Maybe you have a lot of different knives in your kitchen. But sometimes it is very difficult to store all the knives and other kitchen tools in one place.
But fortunately, some knife companies provide a good looking wooden or plastic box for storage. If you are a serious home cook and want to show your knife collection to your friends and family? So you can use magnetic strips or choose a set of knives that have an acrylic block stand for safe storage. Another option is using a drawer knife block.
There are a lot of professional chefs they love to soak their knife in water. But all kitchen knives are not well constructed to wash in water. Hopefully, if you choose the best dishwasher safe knife set then you’ll never face these washing complications. Also, keep in mind if your knives are dishwasher safe then warm water and detergent will never damage the blade and handle.
No matter, you are preparing dinner for your family or you’re a professional chef, investing in the right set of knives cannot be overlooked. Therefore, it is highly advisable to do comprehensive research efforts on what you are buying and choose the best kitchen knife according to your requirements.