Dog kennels are incredibly valuable and useful products for dog owners, whether you are keeping your dog indoors or out.
As well as providing shelter for ‘outdoor dogs’, they can be a comfortable space for your puppy or even a portable, temporary home for your dog on outdoor adventures.
There is a plethora of dog kennels on the market, with a wide variety of uses, shapes, sizes, and quality, so it is imperative that you decide what your wants and needs are before you buy. They can be relatively expensive, so it’s worth considering what you want before investing.
Here are the 10 Best Indoor Dog House.
Let’s take a look at the Best Indoor Dog House!
Finding the best was next up on our list of challenges. After several hours of testing, we decided on a few models that we think are suited.
A Comparison of our Favorite Best Indoor Dog House
- Wooden Dog Kennel Indoor And Outdoor House Easy Assemble Ideal for Small And Medium Pets 32.3 x 26.4 x 24.4 inches Product weight: 6.5 Kgs, Material: Wood.
- DURABLE & STURDY: made with strong Wood insuring it will last for years to come while also standing up to tough weather. Dog house base includes extra supports for stability.
- COMFORTABLE & COOL: shelter that keeps your dog out of the sun. Built in vents in the front, back provide air circulation providing fresh air. The house also includes an evaluated base keeping out water and dirt.
- EASY ASSEMBLY: The dog house is simply and easy to put together
- Easy To Clean
- Portable, Sturdy, Light weight, Cushioned, Durable
- Item Size: 36 Inches + 36 Inches, Ideal for Big size pets.
- Accessories: Teepee tent made of Poly Cotton fabric + Pine Wooden poles; with assembly instructions.
- Pets LOVE this Pet Bed House. It's a unique Indian design that will suit your home decor and will fit effortlessly into your living space. BOTH you and your pet will LOVE it.
- Customer Service: If you’re not thrilled with the quality, please do not hesitate to contact us and we are glad to assist you to resolve the issue.
- Cushion cover comes with a zip which can be changed and is washable.
- 🏠【Extra Large Space】The extra large size of the outdoor dog house is 34 inches (L) x 38 inches (W) x 35 inches (H). The entrance size is 20.8 inches (height) × 22 inches (width). The space inside the dog house is suitable for dogs under 100 pounds. This tin dog house is ideal for backyards, patios, decks, etc.
- 😊【Durable & Safe Structure】Our large dog house is made of high quality iron material, fixed with screws, durable and has good stability, also corrosion and weather resistance. It can be used in the courtyard or other outdoor places to provide a safe and stable resting place for your pet!
- 💦【Weatherproof Structure Design】 Our outdoor dog house is designed with airtight protection and a tilted waterproof roof to prevent dirty water from flowing into the house, protecting your pet from dust, rain and snow, keeping the hut comfortable and dry. This tin house is suitable for indoor and outdoor use, providing a comfortable resting environment for dogs.
- 🪛【Easy to install】 All accessories are included, easy to install; follow the steps in the manual, just a hand drill can easily complete the assembly in 30 minutes. Also our installation kit provides you with gloves, you can wear gloves for installation to prevent being scratched.
- 🐕🦺【Ventilation Design and Constant Temperature】This iron dog house with an ample opening ensures air circulation; your pet can breathe fresh air no matter what the weather is like outside; the heat-balancing feature keeps your dog cool in summer, Besides, our dog house is made of heat-insulating materials; your pet will feel warmer if you put a blanket on the house in winter.
- Indoor Dog House - Dog Cave Bed Cat Cave Bed Dog Bed House Indoor Use for Small Pets | Sturdy and Stable Cat Tent Bed
- [Exclusive Condos for all Small Animals] - This wooden dog house (17.5" W x 22.7" D x 23.9" H) has a detachable sloped roof, ideal for small pets such as puppies, cats, rabbits, puppies or guinea pigs. Designed in a modern style, this practical wooden pet shelter will blend perfectly into your backyard, garden or patio.
- [Cute Cartoon-Shape] - The cartoon-shaped hollow window and footprint decoration are cute, your cats and dogs will like it very much, and it also increases air circulation.
- [Indoor Wood Dog House] - Our pet houses is durable, moisture-resistant and durable for indoor use.Natural and eco-friendly materials such as wood are less toxic to your home and pets. The use of natural materials has been shown to be more beneficial to the health and well-being of pets.
- [Excellent indoor Dog Kneel]: Best gifts for your child this spring, a cozy, warm place to stay, and a great playground! The cabin offers plenty of room to move and relax, while being efficient enough to keep your home indoors in cold weather.
- [Easy to Disassemble and Clean] - Our dog houses for indoor dogs are easy to install, have no screws, are simply interlocked and can be removed whenever needed. It took less than 5 minutes to set up.
- A great indoor / Outdoor house that offers comfort and security for dogs,puppies,cats,kittens,rabbits, and other small pets
- Features a quick & simple setup with a hook in loop attachable roof and chimney, with soft walls, and a bottom cushion
- The Pet House is an adorable fixture that will not only be your pet's favorite, but yours as well!
- Washable material that is easy to maintain. Folds flat, great for travel, very portable and light weight.
- House measures 18" Tall 15" Wide 16" Deep
- Unique Design: Lovely House Shaped, Good To Draw Your Pets Attention And Also Good To Decorate Your House!
- Good Quaility: Made Of Plush, Which Has Comfortable Hand Feeling, Non-Toxic And Tasteless In Characters Fit For Tiny Dog Cat.
- Friendly Design: Features A Cave-Like Bed, Small And Enclosed Space Meets Privacy, Hideaway And Make Your Kittens Feel Warm And Safe.
- Non-Slip Bottom: Waterproof And Non-Slip Bottom Design Can Keep The Bed To Stay In Place Firmly. So That You Donâ€T Need To Worry That The Bed Will Be Moved Anywhere.
- Package Includes:1 Piece Pet Bed
- 100% brand new and high quality
- Ideal for small or medium sized pets .Can be used both indoor and outdoors
- Durable construction raised floor design, comfortable for your pet
- Comes in separate pieces and you just need to snap it all together with minimal assembly
- Item Size: 82x56x71cm/
- MEETS EVERYONE’S NEEDS 🐾 This multi-functional raised dog bed meets everyone’s needs, from your dog, to you and your home. It offers a comfy resting place for your furry friend and serves as a dog bed nightstand, end table or side table for you. The raw wood finish easily blends in with your living room furniture or bedroom and elevates your space. Use as a charming alternative to a chaise lounge, dog house indoor or as an extra surface area for décor such as frames and lamps. The wide table top provides enough space for all of your needs.
- MADE TO LAST 🐾 PawHQ's indestructible dog bed is chew proof and built to a heavy duty standard to provide years of comfort and security for your pet. Made from solid Ashwood, this durable dog bed ensures a safe and sturdy haven for your furry friend. The wood bed frame is strong with 20mm thick bars. If you want an affordable chew resistant dog bed house that will last, this is the one.
- PROTECTIVE SUPPORT & HANDY STORAGE 🐾 Keep your pet protected and comfortable with this soft sided elevated pet bed. The thick comfy foam pillow with cute blue polka dot print is your best friend’s new best friend! This anti-anxiety dog bed is designed to provide ample soft support all around, calming their sensory behaviours and providing comfort where they need it. Your dog will enjoy a cozy and comfortable sleep in this luxury dog bed. The easy access drawer provides a handy spot for dog food storage as well as other dog stuff such as toys and dog accessories for small to medium dogs, close at hand.
- SIMPLE ASSEMBLY & CARE 🐾 Specialising in wooden dog beds for medium dogs and small dogs, PawHq has minimised the number of components required and provided numbered parts and simple-to-follow instructions, making assembly quick and easy for this fancy dog bed. Keep your washable dog bed looking clean and fresh, the machine washable base and side cushions have zips to effortlessly remove the bed cover for washing and hygiene, no matter what your pet’s furry paws may bring
- SAY GOODBYE TO CLOSED CRATES! 🐾 Ventilation and a full view are two of the most important features of this pet bed. A comfortable alternative to an indoor dog kennel, pet cage or closed dog crate table allowing your pet ventilation at its best. The open dog bed frame design allows your pet to have a full view of their surroundings, providing them with a sense of safety and security when they are enjoying some peaceful time. You can also enjoy watching your furry friend rest in style whilst they also use it as a dog couch bed, sofa bed chair or cot. Suitable to be used as pet beds for cats or cute cat couch bed. The uses are endless!
Why Should You Get an Indoor Dog House?
Your dog already lives in the house, so why would you bother buying them an indoor dog house? The answer is because your dog has the inherent need to have a space of their own or build a den-type structure to feel secure when they get stressed out.
If the indoor dog house comes with a latching door, it’s also a place where you can put your dog when you’re out of the house, and they won’t have as much anxiety because they’ll be surrounded by their home. Just make sure that it’s big enough for your dog to stand up and turn around in comfortably.
Choosing a Material for Your Indoor Dog House
You want to narrow your search down right away because there are hundreds of different indoor dog houses available, and picking one style will help you quickly and easily compare them and pick out the one that suits your dog’s needs.
- Canvas – Canvas dog houses are popular for people who like to travel or take their pets with them. They usually come with steel tubing for a frame, canvas with large wish windows for the walls, zippered closures, and a carrying handle.
- Plastic – Another popular indoor dog house material is plastic because plastic is lightweight but durable enough to withstand a lot of wear and tear. It usually comes preassembled or in several large pieces that snap together.
- Wood – Wood is another popular indoor dog house building material because it’s sturdy and durable, but you won’t have to worry about having it exposed to the elements like you would if it was outside. Make sure that the wood is sanded smooth to avoid splinters.
Important Indoor Dog House Buying Points
If you’re ready to start shopping for your new indoor dog house, take a look at our buying points. These easy points will give you a good idea on what’s important to watch out for and what you don’t have to worry about as much.
You’ll eventually have to clean your dog’s house, even if it is indoors. You’ll want this to be as easy as possible, so look for things like washable surfaces or the ability to toss it in the wash if it’s a canvas or cloth house.
Even though this may not be a very expensive investment depending on the brand, type, and size of your indoor dog house, it’s important that you find a durable option that will withstand wear and tear. Consider how your dog acts and buy the house that is going to be durable enough to last them for at least a year or two.
Not all indoor dog houses come with latching doors or doors at all, and this is essential depending on what you plan to use your indoor dog house for. Obviously, if you plan to use it for training or safety purposes, you want a dog house with a door that latches, but if you’re just giving your dog a space to lounge, they don’t necessarily need a door.
A lot of indoor dog houses will give you exact size and weight limits that they’ll be able to support without endangering your dog when they get into the house. Check these limits and check your dog’s height and weight before you buy anything, so you’re sure that it’ll easily support your dog and keep them safe.
Size is one of the most important factors to keep in mind when you’re buying an indoor dog house, especially if your dog is younger and they aren’t done growing yet. You want to measure your dog’s height and length and then be sure to leave a few inches of room either way for your dog to move comfortably. If you’re still not sure, the video below shows you exactly how to get the correct size.
Smooth Surfaces and Rounded Edges
Your dog should be safe the entire time they’re in or around their indoor dog house, and you want to make sure that there are no sharp corners or areas that can splinter and get in your dog’s feet if they happen to walk on it. This is especially important for wood indoor dog houses because they tend to wear out and crack or splinter.
Check to see how easy your dog’s house is to put together, take apart, and get ready for storage. A few indoor dog houses simply collapse in on themselves and fold flat for easy storage while others require you to take it apart piece by piece and store it somewhere without a bag.
Ventilation is essential with your dog’s new indoor house, and this is especially true if it comes with a door and they spend a lot of time relaxing inside of it. Some indoor dog houses come with mesh windows that are very breathable, others come with no door and small windows to allow good airflow, and other houses have ventilation vents built right into the home’s design.
If you plan to get a larger dog house for your dog to grow into and you plan to move it around a bit, take a good look at the house’s weight when it’s assembled. If the house is too heavy, you won’t be able to move it around in your home without help, and if it’s too light, your dog will be able to knock it over.
The Chronicles of Indoor Dog House
You’re able to still make their houses blend into the overall decoration of the home. Part of selecting the right dog house is knowing which material is suitable for your furry friend. Now you’ve decided or are thinking about getting an indoor dog house, there are a couple things which you might want to take into consideration to make sure that your pooch is comfortable. Made for dogs up to 70 pounds, it’s an excellent overall indoor dog house for the bulk of breeds.
What Everybody Dislikes About Indoor Dog House and Why
The dog house is extremely safe as it is produced from non-toxic and naturally weather resistant material to make sure your dog is safe. An indoor dog house isn’t necessarily likely to give your animal with anything a little kennel wouldn’t provide. A good deal of indoor dog houses will provide you exact dimensions and weight limits they’ll be in a position to support without endangering your dog when they get in the home. If you’re prepared to begin searching for your new indoor dog house, look at our buying points.
You may choose to skip the house altogether for a bigger animal and just obtain a crate that’s the perfect size for them. The dog houses are designed in different and special approaches to be certain your dog is extremely comfortable. It is easily foldable to allow for easy storage whenever not in use. Some indoor dog houses have mesh windows which are very breathable, others arrive with no door and little windows to permit decent airflow, and other houses have ventilation vents built right into the property’s design. If you’re interested in indoor dog house for smaller dogs, AliExpress has found 593 related effects, and that means you can compare and shop! Typically, the indoor dog house for smaller dogs are often available on the market in different kinds of the styles, shapes and even in different sizes. You will discover a top quality indoor dog house for smaller dogs at an inexpensive price from brands like Vitorhytech.
Think of the standard of the bed you are searching for. Have a look at the region you want to keep the Dog Bed in, and attempt to match the colours of the Dog Bed to the room we offer six distinct colors to pick from. Alternatively, perhaps you are interested in getting the dog bed to fit in with the decor of the home.
What’s the Difference Between Indoor and Outdoor Dog Houses?
An outdoor dog house is strictly practical. As it needs to stand up and robustly shelter your dog in all weathers, it should be sturdy, rain and wind-proof and ideally bug-resistant too. It may be aesthetically pleasing, but that should only come second to the practical capabilities of the product.
With an indoor house, however, how it looks is likely to be more important than its sturdiness, as it has no need to provide weather shelter for your dog (hopefully the bricks and mortar of your family home are already providing this!). Of course, all dog houses that are intended to be used for outdoor use will be perfectly fine to be used inside too.
Most owners are likely to choose a dog house that somehow complements the interior design of the family home and that which looks cute and appealing to your dog to curl up in. Some particularly quaint dog houses even mimic popular home designs, like mansions or mock Tudor architecture.
The Different Materials Used for Dog Houses
Material composition is the major feature that differentiates dog houses, and most products on the market can be divided into these three categories:
- Plastic – usually weatherproof and of a modern design.
- Wood – traditional looking, sturdy and potentially weatherproof.
- Canvas –more appropriately known as dog tents, and are primarily used as a portable, temporary shelter for a dog when you’re camping or involved in some other outdoor activity.
What to Consider Before You Buy
There are so many dog house options on the market that you should have a clear idea of what sort of product you’re looking for before you actually start looking.
Here are the factors to consider before you purchase a dog house.
How Sturdy is it?
A strong and robust structure is one of the most important features to find in a dog house. You should ask yourself whether it’s strong enough to stand up to the weight and power of your dog and, if it’s to be used outside, whether it can withstand strong winds and rain.
Obviously, some homes will require stronger structures than others, and you should look to buy something suitably sturdy for the weather your home usually experiences. It’s unlikely that your average dog house in Albuquerque would be just as suitable for a dog living in the wilds of Colorado, for instance.
If you keep your dog outside, you should also ensure that the structure is strong enough to protect your pup from any wild animals or other potential predators that could enter your yard. A latched front door could be particularly useful here.
Can it Stand up to All Weathers?
Aside from how sturdy the structure is, you should see if the dog house sports any additional features which make it as weather resistant as possible. Not only will a weatherproof house protect your dog, it will also ensure some longevity in the product as it won’t be continually battered by the elements.
Ideally, the roof should overhang the entrance to the house to ensure that minimal rain enters through the front door. Some houses also sport off-center entrances, which minimizes rainfall penetration while also allowing your dog some extra room to maneuver inside.
A raised floor is good way to keep the dog house as dry as possible from a wet ground, while any insulation included will keep your dog warm in cooler climates. If there isn’t any insulation, you will need to consider if you need to buy additional accessories, like a heating pad.
What’s it Made of?
Different materials confer different benefits when it comes to dog houses, and some will be more suitable than others for your dog’s particular circumstances.
Wooden dog houses are particularly popular because they’re often the most visually appealing and, if of a high quality, offer natural weatherproofing and a degree of insulation. Make sure that you choose one with a raised floor if it’s to be used outside, otherwise you’ll risk rot setting in quickly with any wet weather.
Owners looking specifically for waterproof dog houses will generally opt for plastic ones. These products are often easier to assemble than their wooden counterparts too; usually they’re comprised of just a couple of large pieces that can be snapped together without any need for additional tools or labor.
Canvas is the material to choose for if you’re looking for a temporary tent-like structure for your dog and don’t require any additional insulation or sturdiness. This is the material you should go for if you want something portable and lightweight. They should also provide shade from the sun and, ideally, UV protection too.
What Does it Look Like?
We know that sturdiness is the most important factor in a dog house, particularly one being kept outside, but its aesthetic value is also important – arguably more so if it’s to be kept indoors.
While there are modern ‘igloo’ style dog houses available, you might want to consider whether you’d prefer a more traditional-looking structure, which many owners consider cute – particularly if it looks like a mini replica of their own house! Ideally, you’ll want something that fits in well with your own house’s architecture and interior design.
How Big is it?
Probably the most important thing to be sure of before you buy your dog house is exactly how big it is. This can be one of the more difficult factors to gauge when buying such products online, but generally most manufacturers provide measurements and buying guides.
The ideal size for a dog house is one in which your dog can lie down comfortably, as well as stand up and turn around in. You don’t want it to be too small for obvious reasons, but you also want to make sure that it’s not too big: too much space will mean that your dog won’t see it as secure enough to be their sanctuary.
Remember to account for the size of the entrance, as well as the inside of the house. It’s no good if your dog is able to fit absolutely fine inside but they can’t squeeze their shoulders through to get in in the first place!
Most manufacturers offer a variety of size configurations, but it could be risky to just guess whether your dog needs a Medium or a Large, for instance. Firstly, you should weigh your dog to check that they are within the weight bracket for that particular size, before using a tape measure to accurately gauge their height, length and width.
FAQs About Your New Dog House
If you’re new to the world of dog houses, it’s only natural to have some questions. Below, you’ll find the answers to common dog-owner questions.
Q. What should a dog house have for protection in hot weather?
A: Dogs need special protection in hot weather, so look for a dog house that has an extended roof to block harsh sun rays and a raised floor to allow air to circulate beneath. In addition, position the dog house in a shady spot and make sure your dog always has an ample supply of fresh water.
Q. How do I get my dog to sleep in his house?
A: Most dogs will naturally enter their dog houses and curl up, but if your pooch is transitioning from sleeping indoors to outdoors, it may experience a temporary feeling of separation anxiety and refuse to sleep in its house. You can encourage it to warm up to its new house by putting treats and dog toys inside, or you can start by putting the dog house on your porch, where your dog may feel safer at first. As your dog becomes accustomed to its house, you can move it farther away.
Q. Will two dogs share the same house?
A: More than one dog will often share a dog house as long as it’s big enough for both to sleep comfortably, but this also depends on the way the dogs interact with one another. Some dogs love companionship while others will feel they “own” the dog house. If you have a dog that won’t share its house, it’s a good idea to buy another house for a second dog.