To facilitate our busy daily schedule, some inventions cook food more easily and in a shorter time. One of the ones that people prefer the most is the best electric rice cookers.
If you are one of those who want to pamper your family with tasty food, you are in the right place. Here, we will educate you on the best electric cooker in India that could cook tasty food in no time.
Here are the 10 Best Electric Rice Cookers in India.
Let’s take a look at the Best Electric Rice Cookers!
Finding the best was next up on our list of challenges. After several hours of testing, we decided on a few models that we think are suited.
Here are the Top 10 & Best Electric Rice Cookers in 2021
- Content: Prestige Delight Electric Rice Cooker (1.8 Open Type with Aluminium Cooking Pan-2U)
- Net Quantity: 1 Unit
- Voltage: 230V; Wattage: 700W, Color: White. Poaching Tray: No
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Troubleshooting guidelines: Do not wash the main body of cooker or immerse it in water. Its electrical insulation may get damaged. Read user manual carefully before use
- Capacity - Cooks upto 1000g of raw rice
- Total Volume-5.4 Litre ; Raw Capacity-1.1 Litre
- Anodized aluminium pan
- Automatic cooking ; keeps food warm upto 5hours ; Comes with cooking plate
- 5 hours keep warm function
- Warranty: 2 years on product and 5 years on heater
- Power: 750 watts; Operating voltage: 220-240 volts
- 1.8-Litre capacity; 1Kg raw rice cooking capacity
- The Cooking Bowl is Aluminum with anodized finish
- Automatic cooking. Keep Warm : No
- Warranty: 2 years on product
- Power: 550 watts; Operating voltage: 230 volts
- Includes: Rice cooker, User manual, Guarantee card and List of service centre
- Auto cooking
- Auto cut-off, Comes with Cooking Plate
- Anodized aluminium cooking pan
- Scoop holder
- Warranty: 2 years on product and 5 years on heater
- Contact_us on: [ 1800 103 1333 ] [ 1800 108 1333 ]
- Transparent lid for monitoring of rice
- Easy straight forward operation
- Perfect size and weight for travel
- Smart buy for single/couples
- Cool touch handles
- Comfort and convinience and space saver due to compact size
- Auto cooking; Auto cut-off; Anodized aluminium cooking pan
- Capacity: Pre-Cooking is 1.0 Liter; Post cooking is 2.7 Liter. In KG 600 Gram Raw Rice cook in the cooker
- Total Volume-2.7 Litre ; Raw Capacity-0.5 Litre
- Scoop holder
- Warranty: 2 years on product
- Aesthetically designed
- Auto Cut Off Function
- Key warm your food even if you turned of the device
- Special rubber shoes for extra firm grip.
- Power Requirement: AC 230 V , 50 Hz
- CLOSE FIT LID: Comes with a high-quality stainless-steel lid. The lid is provided with steam vents to allow steam to escape easily.
- CONTROLS: It houses two indicators- cook and warm ensuring after the rice is cooker, it automatically keeps it warm.
- COOL TOUCH HANDLES: Convenient cool touch handles make it easy to carry the cooker.
- ADDITIONAL COOKING PAN: The pan allows uniform distribution of heat and cooks even and it can be stacked inside the cooker.
- DETACHABLE POWER CORD: Makes it portable and convenient to use.
- UNIQUE STARCH REDUCER: This removes excess starch and stores it for disposal.
- Has Auto Keep Warm Function Has Water Level Indicator
- 1.5L Capacity - Cooks upto 700g of raw rice, Non-stick detachable pan, stainless steel close fit lid
- Ideal for: Cooking rice, stew, soup, porridge, pulao, idlis and steaming vegetables (Comes with a steamer)
- Has Auto Keep Warm Function and also has Water Level Indicator
- Lid Material: Stainless steel ; Other Power Features: Keep warm mode, Detachable Power cord, cool touch handles, close fit lid
- Product Dimensions: 24(length) cm* 24 cm(width)* 23 cm(height) weight: 1.45kg
- Troubleshooting guidelines - Do not wash the main body of cooker or immerse it in water. Its electrical insulation may get damaged. Read user manual carefully before use
Advantages of Buying an Electric Rice Cookers
The pressure cooker allows you to cook a variety of dishes but you need a gas cylinder or an induction cooktop for that. On the other hand, Electric Rice Cookers are an appliance that fully works on electricity.
In the conventional pressure cookers, if you forget to switch off the stove, the water may boil too much and the food might get burnt. These types of problems will not occur in an Electric Rice Cookers.
In some rare cases, the pressure cookers might get burst. This may happen when the whistle is not placed properly over the cooker. You can completely avoid this problem in Electric Rice Cookers as it has a hole in its lid which pushes out the steam.
While you are about to make a buying decision for a suitable electric rice cooker, it is important that you be aware of the cooking style of the cooker. Yes, the cooking style of your electric rice cooker depending upon your requirements and needs.
There are 2 types of electric rice cookers, based on the basic working principle, – heat induction and thermal.
the majority of the electric rice cookers available in the market use this cooking method for preparing rice. In this method, the cooking pan inside the cooker doesn’t get heated. Rather, the outside heated air passes through the thermal convection cooking pan and cooks the rice.
These cookers sense when the cooking is done and then get automatically switch off to keep the rice warm and hot until served.
unlike the above type of electric rice cooker, this cooker heats up the cooking pan very quickly. The heat generated inside the cooker passes through the available metal cooking pan to cook the rice. The rice is prepared within no time by using this type of electric rice cooker.
These cookers offer consistent rice cooking but are quite expensive to buy and maintain.
Capacity and size of rice cooker:
You can find a wide variety of electric rice cookers in the market. All these cookers are available in different sizes and capacity which can be chosen by the users according to their needs.
The capacity of the rice cooker is basically the total amount of rice that it can cook. You should be very particular while choosing the right capacity of your rice cooker to take care of the needs of your entire family.
Basically, the decision of choosing the desired capacity of the rice cooker depends upon the size of your family. If you have a large family, choose an electric rice cooker of large capacity, while for smaller families, a rice cooker with a limited capacity will work.
- For a large family of 5-6 members – an electric rice cooker with a capacity of 4-5L would be sufficient
Along with the capacity of the rice cooker, you should also be sure of its size. Make sure that you pick that electric rice cooker that can easily be used and stored in the available space at your place. Buying a cooker that requires more space than what is available will create a hassle for its use and maintenance.
Ease of operation:
Would you like or prefer buying an electric rice cooker that comes with complicated working? Certainly, no!
We all always look for products that can be easily operated and used without causing any hassles or difficulties. The same is the case with the selection of the best rice cooker.
Almost all the buyers look for an electric rice cooker that can be accessed without any problems. Therefore, you should be sure about the offered feature of ease of operation in your selected rice cooker.
To ensure that the users don’t face any problems, the available electric rice cookers are designed with single-touch operations. The users just have to take care to add the right amount of water and rice in the cooker and let the cooker do the rest of the work.
Other than this basic and simple accessing, the users can also try the advanced electric rice cookers which come with many advanced features. These advanced features further enhance the offered convenience and ease to the users.
However, for some users, especially beginners, using these advanced electric rice cookers can get difficult. The users have to understand all the advanced features to get the required ease and comfort during the use.
Energy and power consumption:
The total energy and power consumption of an electric rice cooker is one of the important factors that affect the buying decision of the users. All the buyers prefer buying an electric rice cooker that consumes minimum power and energy for its working.
Have you considered this factor before making your buying decision of the best electric rice cooker?
The power consumption of the electric rice cooker is basically measured by how quickly and fast the cooker can prepare rice. A cooker that consumes more power will cook the rice faster than the one that consumes less power.
Also, the power consumption by the electric rice cooker determines the total watt consumed by the cooker to generate the required heat for perfectly cooking the rice. In general, an electric rice cooker makes the use of only 60-70% energy to cook rice.
There are many options for the electric rice cookers available in the market that consumes less power to generate the desired result. You just have to invest some good amount of time to do your detailed research, about the latest and advanced electric rice cooker, before buying a suitable and the best electric rice cooker for your needs and requirements.
Automatic shut-off feature:
Wouldn’t it be convenient and easy for you, as a user, that your chosen electric rice cooker automatically senses when the cooking is done? Just imagine the ease and convenience that such a rice cooker will bring along during its use.
That sounded interesting ? Well, you can get this benefit and convenience from your electric rice cooker if it is enabled with an automatic shut-off feature. This is one of the best and the most important features available in the latest electric rice cooker.
The working of this feature depends upon the available sensor in the cooker. These sensors are used to analyze if the rice is perfectly cooked or not. Once the rice is cooked, the sensor quickly releases the auto turn feature.
Now, as soon as this feature is released, the electric rice cooker stops working. This doesn’t require the users to physically turn off the cooker as thanks to this feature, it will automatically turn off after cooking the rice.
However, the rice cooker stops the cooking of the rice but they ensure to keep the rice hot and warm until they are served. Along with this, you should never keep the rice in the cooker for more than 6-7 hours after cooking.
Do you have a family with varying demands and needs?
This generally happens when you have a large family and the needs or demands of every member are different from the others. It would require your entire day to fulfil all these varying needs of your family members.
Now, you can either invest al, of your time in preparing all these demanded dishes or you can ease your work by investing and buying a multi-purpose functionalities electric rice cooker.
A multi-purpose functionalities cooker offers convenience to its users to prepare a wide variety of dishes. The cooker is not just limited to prepare rice but it can be used to prepare a number of other dishes as well.
With the use of the multi-purpose functionalities electric rice cooker, the users can prepare dishes like steamed vegetables, fried rice, meat, porridge, fish, pulses, etc. It can also be used for many other types of dishes that can be easily steamed and prepared.
The versatility of the multi-purpose electric rice cooker is totally exceptional and thus can be trusted to offer maximum ease and convenience to the users. Surely, it would come for a price but without any doubt, it would be totally worth making that investment.
Non-stick pot and removable pot:
Amidst the many factors that you consider while making a buying decision of a suitable electric rice cooker, looking for non-stick and removal pot is also essential. Though, most people are not that concerned about the type of pot used in the electric cooker and thus don’t pay any major attention to it.
But, if you want your electric cooker to perform effectively, you should not miss on this factor.
This factor brings many benefits to the users along with the ease and convenience of accessing the cooker. You would love to have an electric rice cooker that is designed with a non-stick and removal pot.
The non-stick pot available in the electric rice cooker ensures that no food will stick to the surface of the pot. Also, it makes sure to use a minimal amount of oil and butter in the food which also improves the health of the users.
Along with this, the removal pot available in the electric rice cooker offers the much-needed convenience to the users to thoroughly clean the cooker. It also helps the users to maintain their electric rice cooker, in the best possible form, for the maximum time.
FAQs for Rice Cooker (Electric Cooker):
Which rice cooker is best in India?
The best rice cooker may vary from person to person and thus cannot be one specific. You can choose the best rice cooker, according to your needs, from these options:
- Philips Daily Collection HD3017/08 Rice Cooker
- Panasonic SR-Y22FHS 750W Automatic Rice Cooker
- Bajaj Majesty RCX 28 Rice Cooker
- Preethi Primo RC 311 Rice Cooker
Which brand rice cooker is best?
Different brands offer different benefits in their rice cookers. You should look for that branded rice cooker that matches your expectations for providing maximum satisfaction. Some of the popular brands for rice cookers are:
What is a fuzzy logic rice cooker?
These are the advanced version of normal rice cookers. They have computer chips in them which have the ability to maintain the cooking temperature and cooking time. Thanks to this advanced technology used in these fuzzy rice cookers, they can cook rice with little nuance.
What else can you cook in a rice cooker?
Do you know, it is not just rice that you can cook in a rice cooker? The cooker can be used to cook a lot many things and without compromising with the taste. You can try making these following things in your rice cooker:
- Steam vegetables
- Poach fruit
- Hot cereals
- Slow cook soups
Does rice taste better in a rice cooker?
There is no strict evidence that particularly specifies if rice tastes better in a rice cooker. The difference in the rice taste cooked in the rice cooker and that cooked in the traditional way is almost negligible. You should just take care of the cooking procedure to cook rice.
Can a slow cooker make rice?
Yes, you can use a slow cooker for making rice. Though without a doubt, it would require a little more time than what is actually needed, you can surely cook your rice in the slow cooker as well. You can prepare up to 4 cups rice using the slow cooker making.
Can I steam chicken in a rice cooker?
Yes, you can steam chicken in a rice cooker and that too an entire chicken. However, for getting the best results, you would need a steaming tray or rack for steaming the chicken or other stuff. You can cook just any meat in the rice cooker without facing any difficulties.
How long does rice take in a rice cooker?
The cooking time of different rice cookers varies from one another. Some of the rice cookers which are enabled with quick cook mode take about 20 minutes for cooking the rice. On the other hand, the general cooking time of rice is 30-50 minutes in the rice cooker.
Can I boil water in a rice cooker?
If you are just boiling water in the rice cooker then the water will boil down and the heat will escape. This will continue until there is no water left and then the rice cooker will get turned off. The water can reach up to 100 degrees C and cannot get hotter than its boiling point.
This just gives you a sampling of what is available on the market today. All of these options have received excellent reviews and are top-rated appliances.
For most of you, it may come down to price, so I would suggest doing some comparison shopping among the different brands at several stores.
I hope this information helps you if you’re in the market for one of these handy kitchen appliances.