A sandwich maker is an integral part of our breakfast. Buying the best sandwich maker for your home can be a difficult and time-consuming task, especially when you are making it for the first time and have your hard-earned money at stake.
With hundreds of sandwich maker models to choose from, finding the best sandwich maker that meets your needs can be very difficult.
But you don’t have to worry now. If you are looking for the best sandwich maker for your home, you are in the right place. We provide you with all the relevant information in a concise way so that you can decide in a matter of minutes, thus saving a lot of effort. We also collect opinions from users across the country to avoid errors in the selection procedure.
On this page, we look at the top 5 sandwich makers out of hundreds of models available online. We just pick the best sandwiches in India based on user feedback from different online shopping sites like Flipkart, Snapdeal, Infibeam and some other sites. The ratings of a particular sandwich maker on each of these sites are scrutinized when selected.
Our Top Pick
10 Best Sandwich Makers Review
- New designs, Durable die cast aluminum grill plates
- Heat Resistant, Bakelite body, User Friendly
- German Technology Greblon Non stick coating for oil free toasting
- Power Indicators for easy of use
- 800 watts power, Voltage(V): 230 Volts
- Easy to clean
- New designs, Durable die cast aluminum grill plates
- Heat Resistant,Bakelite body
- German Technology Greblon Non stick coating for oil free toasting
- Power Indicators for easy of use
- 800 watts power, Slice Capacity: 2
- Easy to clean
- Consumes Lower Gas
- Even Distribution Of Heat
- Color: Black, Material: Nonstick
- Sandwich Made Crispier and Perfect
- Warranty: 6 months warranty
- Includes: 1- sandwich toaster
- Toaster Type: Sandwich Maker | Wattage: 750 Watt | Size Name: Large | Color Name: Black
- Material Type: Non Stick | Plate: Fixed
- Warranty Description: 6 Months Standard Warranty & 6 Months Additional Warranty On Free Registration
- Special Feature: Thermostatically controlled Heating Element
- Brand - Warmeo, Manufacturer - Anmol Customer Care Number - 022-49712789,Product - Grill & Toast Sandwich Maker With NonStick Cookware 1 Piece. Black Color.
- Healthy And Oil Free Cooking. Long Life. Lower Gas Consumption. It's Also A "PFOA FREE" Product.
- Preserve Nutrients In Foods.You Can Clean Easy As It Is Non-Stick Product And Also It Is Heat Efficiency.
- It's A Eco-Friendly Product With A Usage Of 2.6mm Thinkness For Longer Life.
- Package Content - 1 Main Grill & Toast NonStick Cookware. Packaging Dimension - Height - 40cm x Length - 14cm x Width - 6cm, Weight -0.485Kg.
- Red indicator Ã?? Power on and ready; Green Indicator turns off automatically once grilling plates are heated
- Sandwich/Panini Maker with Thermostatically controlled Heating Element. Adjustable hinges which adjusts to any size of toast or snack
- Grip handle, Elegant black finish body, Fixed Sandwich Plates
- Warranty: 6 Months Standard Warranty & 6 Months Additional Warranty on FREE Registration
- Shock Proof Body. Wattage: 750W
- Toast sandwich and grill sandwich maker
- Elegant black finish
- Durable die cast aluminium
- Non stick coating for oil free toasting
- Heat resistant bakelite body
- Non stick heating plate
- Non Stick Sandwich Maker with Fixed Plates
- Die Cast Aluminum Plate
- Automatic Thermostat with Light Indicators
- Cool Touch Handle I Anti Skid Feet
- Elegant Lightweight Design
- 1 Meter Extra-Long cord
- Content: Prestige Sandwich Toaster with Fixed Grill Plate- Pgmfs
- Net Quantity: 1 Unit
- Voltage: 230V; Wattage: 700W
- Fixed sandwich non-stick plates
- Easy to clean which makes your work simple
- Comfortable front handle for convenience
- Non stick coated plates for easy cleaning and maintenance
- Buckle clip on handle
- Cord winder at the base
- Warranty: 1 years on product
- Power: 700 watts; Operating Voltage: 220 - 240 volts
- Includes: Sandwich toaster, Warranty card and Instruction manual
What is Sandwich Maker?
Lots of people ask this question on various forums. Either they ask their friends, relatives, post a question on online forums to know about how to choose the best sandwich maker and where to get it for a great price?
While there are plenty of manufacturers who produce quality sandwich makers, buyers often find themselves in a situation where they are overwhelmed by so many choices available, or they just buy a sandwich maker of the highest price to save time.
This presents two problems. People either spend lots of time in searching and finalizing the right sandwich maker or they over-spend on the product (due to lack of information on where to get genuine products for a great price).
Types of Sandwich Makers
There are mainly three types of sandwich makers
Open Fire Based Sandwich Makers: The sandwich maker which can be used with open fire. Rome’s Square and Round Pie Iron-Cast Iron are the best examples for this. As the name implies, these are made up of solid cast iron and quite old types of devices existing since 1964. Just place the bread in this device with your favorite fillings, close the lid with the help of long and strong handle toast over the fire. Preparing sandwiches with these kinds of makers is fun. Here you can make a square or round sandwich as per your choice.
The sandwich maker which can be used on gas, ceramic and electric hobs. The best example is Diablo Stovetop Toasted Sandwich, Snack Maker. A non-stick, scratch resistant titanium coating is present in this device. Here, the sandwiches will be deep, disc-shaped. A variety of snacks and even a mini meal can be prepared using Diablo. It is very easy to use and clean as it is dishwasher safe.
Electric Sandwich Makers: These type of sandwich makers use an electrical power source for operation and have become hugely popular in these days.
Why are Electric Sandwich Makers the Best Ones?
When compared to sandwich makers that are used with open fire or with a gas stove, electric sandwich makers offer more convenience, hassle-free and safe.
No need to worry about fire or smoke, the electrically powered devices keep your kitchen clean. They also come with temperature control options so that you don’t have to worry about a ‘burnt’ sandwich.
This kind of products also consists of ‘seal and cut’ feature, providing the right shape to the sandwich. Handling an electric sandwich maker is easy, and most of them are dishwasher safe. Did we forget to mention that, they are pretty quick at their job?
A minor disadvantage of electric sandwich makers is that they are not ideal to be used at outdoors since they need an electrical source for their functioning.
How To Select a Good Breakfast Sandwich Maker?
Choosing the best sandwich maker can be a daunting task for many. While our ultimate comparison guide above on this website made it easy to quickly know about the best-rated devices out there, we still recommend you to keep the below points in mind while shopping for a breakfast sandwich maker.
Good Brand Matters: Like any other home appliances, there are few leading players or names even in sandwich makers. For example brands like Hamilton Beach, Cuisinart, Breville, Proctor Silex, Waring, Black and Decker (this is a partial list) will never disappoint you. Stay away from local brands whose products can cost you less than branded ones, but soon you will realize why they cost so cheap!
Read Reviews: I am sure many people do read reviews of the products before buying anything, and some rely on word-of-mouth recommendations. However, make sure that you read well-explored sandwich maker reviews. By reading well-written breakfast sandwich maker reviews, you will know whether the product meets your needs, what are the shortcomings, etc.
The size of the Product: Make sure that you get the right-sized product.
Ease of Use and Cleaning: The sandwich maker you are going to buy should be easy to use and maintain. Especially panini makers need to be cleaned properly before next use.
Dishwasher Safe: Check whether the product is dishwasher safe. It just takes a few more minutes to either ask this question to the store manager (if they are buying the product from the physical store) or read specifications (online).
What To Look For In The Best Sandwich Makers In India?
A sandwich maker is a necessity for people nowadays, as it saves both time and makes the perfect meals. It’s amazing what all this small device can do! From making sandwiches to trying new recipes to adding a pinch of creativity to your grilled sandwiches, the best sandwich makers can do it all.
But only a few best sandwich makers come with all the features that you’ll need. You must know what to look for in your sandwich maker, as it can be quite a tricky task to pick one for yourself, especially if you’re shopping for them for the first time. Therefore, you must keep this list of features to look for in the best sandwich makers handy when going to shop for one.
Size of the sandwich maker: Size of the sandwich maker is undoubtedly the most important feature you must look for. You don’t want a sandwich maker that is too huge for your kitchen or takes up too much space. The size of the sandwich maker is also determined by the number of people in your family.
Generally, a sandwich maker can hold one of two spaces for sandwiches. But you can go for any one depending on your requirements. The larger one is undoubtedly picked more over the other one, as it has more space to keep your sandwiches at one time. This also helps you to make sandwiches in lesser time for more number of people.
On the other hand, a smaller sandwich maker is generally preferred by people who live alone, or mostly bachelors. A smaller sandwich maker can be fitted anywhere, and is perfect for a bachelor house. It would also be cheaper than the larger one.
Surface type: The surface of your sandwich maker is another major thing that you must look for. This is because the material that the surface of a sandwich maker is coated with, determines the quality and efficiency of that sandwich maker. Generally, teflon is a better choice for people. It tends to last longer and is also easier to clean.
Features: The best sandwich makers have more features than others. A number of different modes to cook in and much more comes in the latest sandwich makers. They are generally costlier than the older ones, as they have many features included in them.
Non-Stick Coating: This is one major feature that you must look for in your favorite sandwich maker. The non stick coating enables better cleaning of the appliance. It also ensures that the prepared food is easily taken out of the sandwich maker without sticking to the surface.
Handle Type: A sandwich maker is an electronic device that you will use on an everyday basis. The handle is therefore an important feature to look for in your sandwich maker, as you don’t want it to break or something. Generally, handles in a sandwich maker are made of different materials like plastic or metal. These handles have their own advantages and disadvantages.
The plastic ones are brittle and more likely to break with regular use. Steel handles are better and more likely to last longer than other handles, as it is stainless and has more strength. You must choose your sandwich maker carefully on the basis of your usage and requirements.
Price: Last but not the least, you must invest in a sandwich maker that is worth every penny of yours. Even the costlier ones can go bad if not picked carefully, and even the cheapest sandwich makers can turn out to be the best for you if picked with extraneous detail.
This is why you must set up your budget first, and then choose among the best sandwich makers that are available in India. We have made you a list of all the best sandwich makers that are available in India under your specific range.
What Are The Types Of Sandwich Makers In India?
Sandwich makers can be of different types, according to what use they are put in. The two major kinds of sandwich makers available in india are panini press and a four triangle sandwich maker. These sandwich makers are known for their functionality
Panini Press: A panini press is a kind of sandwich maker that has two press on top and bottom, used for grilling purposes mostly. You can make a lot of new recipes using this kind of sandwich maker like pav bhaji or burgers. It is used by most fast food vendors or fast food shops which offer a variety of foods.
Four Triangle Sandwich Maker: Another kind of sandwich maker is the four triangle sandwich maker which makes it possible for users to make the traditional sandwich in 4 parts. This is the most common kind of sandwich maker which is quite cheap as compared to panini press. It has amazing features that can even be used by kids in your house.
Keeping in mind all the features that you want in your sandwich maker, we have made you a list of the best sandwich makers in India in 2018. We have also categorized the sandwich makers on the basis of their price, which would help you choose better according to your budget. Hope our research helps you!
What Are The Benefits Of A Sandwich Maker?
A sandwich maker has a number of applications in your kitchen. It can be used to cook food in a couple of minutes effortlessly. You must invest in a sandwich maker as it helps you cook varied kinds of food. Some of the advantages of owning a sandwich maker are mentioned here
Lesser time: A sandwich maker makes it possible for the user to cook in much lesser time with better efficiency. All you need to do it keep your bread slices with the sandwich mixture and some oil, and leave it for a short while. The best sandwich makers help to prepare your food in much lesser time than the traditional gas cooktop.
Easy operation: Sandwich makers are the simplest electronic devices in your kitchen. Any indian household is incomplete without one, and thus they are built using the latest technology making it easier to use. Because of its easy operation, a sandwich maker is one the best devices for bachelors and people who have just moved out of their houses to a new city. They are built to make your life easier.
Perfection: The best sandwich makers are made for people who look for perfection in everything. They are made using the best and latest technology to make your life better. It helps to prepare the perfect snacks, satisfying your appetite.
Variety: You can make a lot of different kinds of recipes using the best sandwich makers that come with the latest technology. These are not just used for making sandwiches, but other types of food too. You can always use your talent mixed with a pinch of creativity and try something new on these sandwich makers.
Tastier Food Preparation: The best sandwich makers make it possible for you to prepare tastier and healthier breakfast. A healthy and light breakfast is the basic necessity for anyone who wants to lead a happy life. Therefore, it becomes essential that you give extra importance to your breakfast.
The best sandwich maker brands in India offer you sandwich makers built with the latest technology, which makes sure that the sandwich maker uses the least amount of oil to prepare food. No matter how much oil you put into the device, it tends to use the least possible amount of oil required to prepare food. They also come with a grease eliminator surface, which removes extra oil and serves you with the healthiest food.
The next deciding factor that shouldn’t be ignored while making a buying decision for a sandwich maker is its capacity. What will you do with a sandwich maker that doesn’t serve the needed requirement with its available capacity?
Therefore, you should be careful that your chosen sandwich maker can easily serve all your family members’ needs. Generally, the decision on the capacity of the machine is based on the number of members in the family.
- A sandwich maker with the capacity of 2 sandwiches would be perfect for small families
- On the other hand, a sandwich maker that can accommodate more slices of sandwiches would be perfect for large families
Choosing a suitable capacity for your sandwich maker will not only save a lot of your time but will also demand less effort for its working. So, invest in some time and analyze the exact needs of your family before you finalize between the available types of sandwich makers in the market.
You surely don’t want to mess up with this factor as a perfectly chosen capacity of the sandwich maker means quick work and more time with your loved ones. Isn’t this factor worth focusing on for buying decisions?
Once you have decided on the type of sandwich maker and its capacity, the next thing on your checklist should be its surface type.
If you haven’t been paying attention to the surface type of your sandwich maker, then you are risking big times. The surface type of the sandwich maker not only affects the cooking but it affects the quality of the food being cooked.
A bad or contaminated surface type of sandwich maker can spoil the quality of the food. You surely wouldn’t want that, isn’t it?
You can find different surface types for a sandwich maker but the most commonly available are – iron and Teflon. Talking about them,
- Iron surface type – it is cheaper than Teflon but it becomes sticky after being scratched by the scrubber
- Teflon – on the other hand, Teflon may be a little expensive than iron but it doesn’t become sticky even after the use of scrubber. It is, therefore, the most common choice for a sandwich maker
Out of the two choices, the quality of food is not affected and all its essential nutrients are preserved in the best possible manner. You can choose between the available two surface type choices based on your needs.
Now, let us talk about the power that your chosen sandwich maker consumes.
You wouldn’t want your sandwich maker to give you high electricity bills with its regular consumption. Isn’t it? If yes, then you should be careful about the total power consumption of your sandwich maker.
In very simple words, the power used by the sandwich maker indicates how quickly your sandwiches will be cooked. The more power with which the sandwich maker works, the faster will be the cooking time for the sandwiches.
The total amount of power that your chosen sandwich maker needs also depends on its size. On average,
- A small-sized sandwich maker comes with the power consumption of 750W to 1200W
- On the other hand, a large-sized sandwich maker comes with the power consumption of 2000W to 3000W
Other than this, the power rating of the sandwich maker would depend on the time for which it is used. Just imagine using a sandwich maker with a high power-rating on a regular basis. Certainly, its continuous use will reflect on your electricity bill.
If your sandwich maker comes with high ratings of power, then it is clear that it consumes more power/electricity. Therefore, before buying your sandwich maker, you should check and consult about its power consumption value.
Wouldn’t you like it if your chosen sandwich maker can cook all your favorite dishes using a limited amount of oil? Wouldn’t it be a delight to have a sandwich maker that doesn’t allow the sandwiches to stick on its surfaces?
Yes, surely and absolutely it would be.
But, how can a sandwich maker be so effective to use lesser oil and also don’t allow sticking of the food on its surface? Well, the answer to this is in its coating.
The available coating of the sandwich maker is one essential parameter to consider if you want your food to be cooked with limited oil without sticking on the surface.
Make sure to choose a sandwich maker that comes with a non-stick coating. The presence of a non-stick coating on the sandwich maker will ensure to reduce the use of oil for cooking the food. Also, because of the non-stick coating, your food will not stick on the surface.
Lastly, a non-stick coating is also quite convenient to clean and maintain after the cooking is done. If you haven’t paid any attention to this parameter before, now is the time to change and make a difference to choose a suitable sandwich maker.
Not all the sandwich makers offer this feature or benefit, but having a sandwich maker with this feature is also a pleasure. An adjustable temperature setting offered by the sandwich maker allows the users to prepare the sandwiches as crispy or as brown as the users want. The user can set the temperature according to his/her personal choice to get his/her kind of food.
- Out of the two types of the sandwich maker, it is usually Panini that comes with a temperature control option, allowing the users to cook anything and everything at its own pace.
- On the other hand, the four triangle option doesn’t come with temperature control settings and the users have to adjust the required temperature manually. In this case, the users have to keep a check on the food to be sure if it is cooked or ready to serve.
Besides checking for the temperature control settings, also keep in consideration the choice that distributes the heat evenly throughout the surface. This also helps in properly cooking the food from both sides without any hassles.
So, if you want to cook your food the way you want, keep into consideration the factor of temperature control while choosing your sandwich maker.
Ease of cleaning:
Last but not least, you should not miss considering the ease of the cleaning factor of your sandwich maker before you decide to buy it.
Just imagine struggling with such a sandwich maker that gives you a hard time with its cleaning. Using such a sandwich maker on a regular basis would be really very hectic and irritating. You would need a lot more energy, time, and effort to clean and maintain it.
But, you can save yourself from all this hassle, just by simply being sure that your chosen sandwich maker can be cleaned easily and conveniently without any extra efforts needed.
Now the cleaning ease of any sandwich maker depends on 2 major things:
- Its plate surface – if the plate surface of your chosen sandwich maker is not non-stick, then the food will stick on that and will make the cleaning difficult
- Removable plates – if your sandwich maker is not available with removable plates, then also it will get difficult to clean it properly
While you are choosing your sandwich maker, make sure to get proper knowledge about its plate surface and also check if it has removable plates. Both things will ease out the cleaning process.
Smart Tips for Cleaning and Maintenance of Sandwich Makers
- It is very important to unplug the device and remove the cooking plates before start cleaning.
- Never clean the plates when it is hot.
- You can use a dry cloth or tissue to clean the plates and inside of it.
- To clean the outer body of the sandwich maker, you can clean it with little damp cloth.
- Never scrub hardly the plates of the sandwich maker.
- Make sure to completely dry out the plates before inserting back to the appliance.
Sandwich Makers Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How to choose the right sandwich maker?As a smart buyer, you should choose the best sandwich griller available in India. Try to choose a deal that covers the requirement of a sandwich griller+toaster in a combo buying offer. Some combo offers come with the best sandwich grill machine and a toaster altogether. Try to acquire those deals, as sometimes those deals come with attractive discounts.
2. Which coating plate will be suitable to buy?Generally, prefer only the non-stick coating plates, as they’re easy to wipe and clean. Ordinary coating plates of a griller might not be non-sticky ones. After grilling or roasting the slices, it will be difficult to remove the stain marks. Whereas, only non-stick coating plates are easy to clean and maintain.
3. What are the benefits unlocked with a panini press sandwich maker?Only the best panini press sandwich maker is ideal to try multiple veggie sandwich dishes with cheese, veggie stuff, smashed potatoes, and shredded chicken/cheese for preparing authentic continental submarine sandwiches. Often the thickness of the sandwiches might not be easy to toast or grill in ordinary sandwich makers. But a panini sandwich maker can press the sandwiches irrespective of its thickness.
4. Do you need removable plates compulsorily in a sandwich maker?If you’re fancy about decorating your sandwich by giving it multiple shapes, then only it’s compulsory to use customizable, removable plates for your sandwich maker. You can try multiple varieties and shapes of sandwiches only with the best panini press sandwich maker in your kitchen.
5. What’s the purpose of buying durable, heavy-duty plates?Only durable, heavy-duty plates are perfect for preparing toasted breads. That’s because those plates are resistant towards maximum heat emission within the slices and the stuff used in between the slices. Be it cheese, bacon, salami; only durable plates can resist the heat required for toasting the whole sandwich slice pieces.
6. Is it necessary to have adjustable heat settings?You should always look into the adjustable heat settings while investing in a sandwich maker. Or else, if the slices are overheated, then the entire sandwich will be ruined and not be edible at all. That’s why you need to choose a sandwich maker that comes with adjustable heat settings.
If you’re planning to invest in a sandwich maker after browsing the above-mentioned guidelines, you can always choose the best sandwich maker buying option available for sale in India. The product list shared above gives a clear view of the buying option available near you. Well, out of all, our recommendation is Philips HD2394 Panini Maker, or Borosil Super Jumbo BGRILLSS23 Grill Sandwich Maker. Both of these will be surely a great deal for you with a lot of amazing features for making super delicous sandwiches or burgers in no time.
If you have further doubts to clarify about the best sandwich grilling machine or the best sandwich maker, feel free to ask us, via the below comment section.