All cooks know that many sweet and savory recipes require precise measurements. Sometimes failing even a few grams can lead to disastrous results and make your creations unsightly.
The best kitchen scale in India allows you to get the perfect measurement to create true chef’s specialties without the risk of trivial mistakes. Not to mention, it eliminates the need to flood kitchen drawers with tons of graduated glasses.
Contrary to popular belief, a kitchen scale is not a tool dedicated exclusively to the jealous pastry chef. It is essential for any type of cooking to accurately measure the correct amount of an ingredient.
Our Top Pick
10 Best Kitchen Scale Review
- Wide LCD screen display, easy to read, Automatically locks the reading when data is stable
- Low power consumption, Low battery indicator,Tare function, Maximum Capacity 10kg
- The scale will automatically switched off when it is in non-use condition in order to save power
- High-precision tension meter sensing system, 1G Measuring Increments, Power by 1.5V 2 x AA batteries
- Color: White, With 3 Button on the scale, that is on/off,Mode,Tare, Material: PVC
- Place weighing scale on flat surface to use
- MULTI UNITS: the scale efficiently weighs in g, kg, lb, oz and ml. Just press the UNIT button to make unit conversion or selection easily
- LO & ERR INDICATORS: Comes with low battery & overweight indicators to prevent wrong measurements. "Lo" indicates when you need to replace the batteries while Err" indicates to avoid overloading
- HEALTHY COOKING: Multifunctional digital scale makes cooking easier and helps in tracking calorie intake and weight loss. A perfect kitchen companion for those who are watching calorie intake or cooking for healthier servings
- SMALL, SLEEK & EASY TO MAINTAIN: The scale is designed with ABS finish for strong and sturdy bearing. Sizes 200 X 160 X 14.5 mm, the is small enough to fit easily in any cabinet or drawer while leaving kitchen empty for essentials
- PRECISE WEIGHT MEASUREMENT: Helps to serve perfect healthy portioned meals! Incredibly precise as comes with high precision weight sensors for quick & accurate weight measurements of kitchen ingredients every time
- EASY SCALE WEIGHS UPTO 5 KG: Easy-to-use weighing scale has 11lb / 5 kg weight capacity, 1g resolution and easy to read LCD display. It has 2 buttons- ON/OFF button and a unit button to offer a simple way to use the scale
- ✅ [LCD Screen] : A wide LCD screen display makes this scale easy to read, and it automatically locks its reading when the data is stable.
- ✅ [Multiple Features] : There are multiple features on the scale, such as an ON/OFF mode, a tare function, a unit exchange function, and an overload indicator.
- ✅ [Salient Features] : BeatXP kitchen weighing has Wide Screen Display, Automatic Data Locking, Low Power Consumption, Low Battery Indicator, High Precision Sensor, When the scale is overloaded, the scale will appear O/C.
- ✅ [Flat Surface] : To ensure accurate measurements, place the Kitchen weighing scale on a flat surface.
- ✅ [Color] : This scale is white in color and made from PVC
- Precise Measurements: Built with high precision sensors to quickly deliver accurate results and ensure your healthy recipe is deliciously perfect. Measures in grams / ml / lb:oz / fl’oz with the range of 1 - 5000 g.
- Tare Function: Calculate net weight of ingredients by subtracting empty bowl or the container weight. Touch the TARE button to reset the scale back to zero and weigh ingredients by adding it in to the same container.
- Box Contents: The Chef-Mate KS 40 Kitchen Scale | 1 CR-2032 battery | Warranty Card | Instruction Manual.
- Scale Dimensions: 20.4 x 15.5 x 1.3 cm.
- Contact Us for Assistance: 1 year HealthSense India offsite service warranty on manufacturing defects ensures on time customer support. Reach out to us on our website for any queries: healthsense.in OR via email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR call us on +91 9856 9856 36.
- Kitchen Scale is Compact portable and easy to use. It has tare (zero) function.
- Capacity: 500g, 1000g, 3000g, 5000g.
- Automatic Zero resetting and automatic switch off in 3 seconds.
- Low power, low battery and overload indicator.
- Equipped With a High Precision Strain Gauge Sensor System
- HIGH PRESICION STRAIN GUAGE SENSOR SYSTEM: The Kitchen scale equipped with high presicion strain gauge sensor system
- BATTERIES INCLUDED: The scale comes handy with ready to use 2*AAA Battery
- FEATURES: Low battery & Overload Indicators Product is specially desigened for the India
- Venus is a Registered Indian Brand aiming to bring quality innovative products
- SERVICE & WARRANTY: 1 year offsite service warranty on manufacturing defects ensures any time customer support
- ✔[ACCURATE WEIGHT]: Made with 4 Japanese-precision sensors, this digital kitchen scale will give you accurate weight every single time. Don’t settle for other scales with low-quality materials. We use food grade 304 stainless steel, while others are made from plastic.
- ✔[SUPER SMART FEATURES]: Bulfyss new scale comes with tare and instant unit conversion for 6 UNITS. It has a feather-light build, a gorgeous backlit LCD display, and anti-fingerprint technology. Plus, it turns off automatically after 2 minutes in case you left it on. (g, kg, lb, oz, ml, milk ml)
- ✔[SLEEK, UPGRADED DESIGN]: Our new thinner version is a breeze to clean and looks beautiful sitting on your kitchen counter. The sleek petite build eliminates the clutter and gives you easy storage. It is made with lightweight materials, so you can carry it around.
- ✔[TRUSTED BY PROS]: Our food scale is used and endorsed by celebrity chefs around the world. This means you get the same amazing service and quality assurance that we dedicate to them. If they trust it, so can you. Measures max 5 Kg and Minimum - 1g.
- ✔[SHOP WITH CONFIDENCE]: You can have peace of mind that this product has great quality & it’s warranted for 2 year. Batteries are included for your convenience.
- Item Dimension: 255mm x 184mm x 48mm
- PRECISE MEASUREMENTS: Built with high precision sensors to quickly deliver accurate results & ensure your healthy recipe is deliciously perfect. Measures in grams/ml(water)/ ml(milk)/lb:oz/fl oz with range 1g-5000g
- EASY TARE FUNCTION: Calculate net weight of ingredients by subtracting empty bowl or container weight. Press TARE button to reset scale to zero & weigh while adding ingredients to same container
- BATTERY INCLUDED: The scale comes handy with 2 ready to use AAA batteries which gives long battery life of more than 6 months when used twice a day. Features Low battery & Error Indicators
- ADDED FEATURES: Clear LCD display screen with large fonts & Auto-Off feature to facilitate power saving. Two separate buttons for unit conversion and On/Off/Tare function
- SERVICE & WARRANTY: 1 year HealthSense offsite service warranty on manufacturing defects ensures on time customer support
- 【ACCURATE AND PRECISE】 The digital food scale features instant and accurate response. It gives accurate results in 5 units: gram(g), ounce(oz), pound(lb), milliliter(ml), pound:ounce(lb:oz), with 1g/ 0.04oz division, and weighs from 1g to 6kg, 0.04oz to 13lbs.
- 【USER-FRIENDLY】 The kitchen scale is designed with food-grade 304 stainless-steel platform for easy cleaning and maintenance. it features responsive and easy-to-reach buttons. Fast to boot up and converts between units very fast, allowing you a greater flexibility in using it.
- 【EASY TARE】 Convenient tare button for tare calculation allows you to subtract the weight of a plate or container, making it easy to get accurate amount of food or ingredients.
- 【CLEAR DISPLAY】 The food scale features clear and Large backlight LCD display. The raised platform design allows for easy reading on the LCD panel even while having larger bowls on it.
- 【PRACTICAL DESIGN】 Compact and Lightweight(320g) design make it easy to store in your drawer. Exquisite workmanship makes it fit nicely on the kitchen counter. Come with 3 AAA batteries for convenient use. Comes with 1 year warranty and proactive customer support.
Buyer’s Guide For Kitchen Weighing Scales
A kitchen weighing scale must guarantees the same quantities of ingredients every time whether you are cooking, baking, or brewing coffee. Hence, it is very important to gain clear knowledge about the kitchen weighing scales before buying. For your convenience, we have settled a set of essential features to expect from a good scale which to look for and which to avoid. Let’s know about them in brief.
Whether it is 10 grams or 10 pounds, the top kitchen weighing scale weighs things accurately and consistently. It must be able to measure the ingredients in both metric and imperial units. We will recommend opting for a scale which reads ounces in decimals rather than fractions because of the preciseness and intuitiveness. Many of them come with both the functions but mainly the chefs recommend just decimals. You can opt for the “HealthSense Chef-Mate KS-33” in these aspects.
You can find many of the digital food scales weigh in whole grams and that level of accuracy is essential for some recipes. Another point is that a weighing scale should read in 0.1 gram increment which is useful for measuring coffee. For this, you can opt for the Simxen 10 Kg of our top list.
2. Tare Button
The kitchen scale must have a tare button to remove the weight of the container while weighing and report only the net weight of ingredients. It should allow you to tare repeatedly that you can zero out the weight of any additional ingredient whatever it may be. Another thing you must notice that the weighing scale must not turn off if you press the tare button twice accidentally. Though this function is a must need of any weighing scale all our top choices of kitchen weighing scales comes with the tare button.
3. Removable, Large Platform
The weighing scale with a large platform holds a large container or a sheet pan comfortably in which you can weigh the ingredients easily. Like this, a removable platform allows you to clean the surface easily after every use. You can opt for the AmazonBasics Stainless Steel which has a large platform and the Atom A122 Kitchen Scale which has a removable tray.
4. Duration of Auto-Off
While testing we have noticed that almost all the kitchen scales automatically shut off after some time of inactivity to save battery or power. Generally, this takes only two minutes to shut off and lasts for 5 minutes which becomes irritating. As we know baking needs a lot of multi-tasking like making a dough, kneading properly, measuring sugar with some other ingredients. If in such cases, the scale with shut off frequently and you have to wait for 5 minutes to weigh another ingredient it becomes a nightmare for us.
Therefore, it is better if the duration of shut off is longer. You can opt for the “PAviitra Creation Kitchen Weighing Scale” which takes a little more time to shut off. It is a top-notch weighing scale has the option to turn off the auto-off function completely. But it is pretty rare to find out.
5. Speed Of The Measurement
Some of the weighing scales take longer to display the measurements but some within seconds which is the unique part of the device. If the reading of the measurement fluctuates a lot, it becomes very annoying. The top scales quickly read and show a gradual increase in weight while measuring. As a result, it allows you to anticipate when you have to stop the addition of an ingredient to the container.
6. AC Adapter
The kitchen weighing scales come with an AC adapter is one of the nice features they have. In the making of large batches of food or cooking all day this feature is the top choice of the recipe testers but it is not a dealbreaker if the scale does not have one.
7. Liquid- Measurement
A kitchen weighing scale which can measure the liquid, like honey and oil with the same density as water is one of the great advantages for you. It allows you to do your job easily in cooking. For this purpose, we will recommend you opt for the Bulfyss Digital Scale.
8. Size Of The Weighing Scale
The size of the weighing scale is another essential feature which you can not ignore. It is always good to choose a compact size scale which you can store easily anywhere but must have all the essential features. Another thing you must check that the device is not only of compact size but durable also.
9. Unit Mode
Sometimes you need to measure the ingredients in different units as per your convenience. Almost all our selections we have given here in this article, come with a unit mode. You can opt for the Equal Digital 25kg which can measure in different units.
10. Rubber Feet
The rubber feet help to prevent the scale from sliding around on counters or to fall down on the ground. Though this is a very uncommon feature it is pretty convenient to use.
Frequently Ask Questions About Kitchen Weighing Scale
How Do I Use A Kitchen Scale?
To operate a kitchen scale is very easy. The user can place any single food item in limited quantity by placing it directly into the machine to check the weight. Say, for example, a dozen bananas, three apples etc.
What is the Capacity of A Kitchen Weighing Scale?
There are a lot of different kitchen weighing scales with a different weight holding capacity. No doubt, a higher-priced weighing machine can hold more weight say up to 20Kgs. On the other hand, a low budget compact weighing machine can hold up to only 5Kgs
Can I Place my Bowl on Kitchen Scale to Measure Quantity?
Yes, there is a tare function button present on the weighing machine. Below are the steps mentioned:-
- The user needs to put the bowl on the weighing scale.
- First press the button “T” and put the tray on the scale.
- Then press the “T” button again to clear the tray weight.
- Now place the contents in the bowl for weighing.
You can now get the exact scale reading for food items, be it individual, a dozen or a mixture of ingredients.
How do I Clean Kitchen Scale?
The large washable tray present in weighing machines are designed with anti-fingering technology. Thereby, it becomes easy for the user to clean it every now and then. You can clean the tray with a wet cloth very often without any hesitation.
My Kitchen Scale doesn’t seem to be working, what do I do?
- The first thing to do is to check whether the wire is properly plugged in.
- If the plugin is proper and it is still not working then restart the machine.
- If that does not help then switch off and plug out the machine. Wait for five minutes, again plug in and start.
- If that doesn’t help too, then call up the customer care and ask for help.
- Do not experiment upon the hardware parts as it may make the warranty void.
The Kitchen Scale shows inaccurate weight, what to do?
If the kitchen scale shows inaccurate weight then restart your machine. If the problem still persists, then ring up the customer care asking for servicemen. If things don’t go either way and your product is still under warranty, then ask the customer care for a replacement or refund.
What are the Units that I can Measure in a Kitchen Scale?
Basically, the Indian standard weight is counted upon Kgs which is a common unit for all weighing machines. Including that, a high cost weighing machine offers five multi units – g, kg, lb, oz and ml. But there are a few machines which offer only four units – g, kg, lb and oz. However, there are low priced weighing machines which offers just three unit reading – kg, g and oz.
How accurate are kitchen scales?
Nowadays, in the smart technology world, the companies are building highly précised sensors for its customers. Almost all the kitchen scales present in the market provide accurate reading. However, there are a few fake products which promises to feature accurate reading but fail completely. One needs to beware from these false products.
Is there a Zero Function on Kitchen Scale?
Yes, there is a zero function present in weighing machines. This is known as the tare function. It means you can place the bowl and tare the machine to zero reading. Sometimes, this function also comes in handy for resetting the count when the reading is inaccurate.
Is there an Auto Shut Feature on the Kitchen Scale?
Yes, kitchen scales do feature auto shut down in order to save the battery life. However, one must not get it wrong here, assuming that a wire plugin would also support auto shut down. The auto shut down feature is available only for battery run and not wire plugged in.
How Do I Store the Kitchen Scale?
Kitchen weighing machines are light in weight. They are very small and compact. It is very easy for the user to place it inside a cupboard or shelf.
Which Scale Should I Buy? Digital or Analog?
Both are good but in today’s market, digital scales have already won the race leaving the analog scales behind. Digital scale machines are simple, convenient, easy to operate. On the other hand, an analog scale can never give the accurate reading up to two decimal units.
Is there an Error Induced in Readings?
In today’s competitive world, big companies are trying hard to deliver the best products. They manufacture weighing machines in such a way that you the utmost accurate reading without any failure. However, sometimes an error might follow up in a machine due to unusual hardware problems. A hardware or software problem can rise up at any point of time. This is very natural that electronic parts come with no guarantee.
What are pocket scales used for?
As the name suggest, ‘pocket scales’ are ones which easily fits in your ‘pocket’. It is a tiny scale used for measuring small objects. It is used in schools, jewelers, laboratories etc.
With this, we come to an end of out top 10 best kitchen weighing machines in India. The ranking is done according to use product specifications, user reviews and durability. We hope you find the list and also the guide, useful and we are pretty sure that it will help you in purchasing the right weighing machine for your kitchen. Thank you for reading!!