Best air purifiers in India! The need for air purifiers increases every day as pollution levels increase over the years. It is in our hands to give our family the best air to breathe. Air quality is the most essential for a good life. Every human being has the right to breathe fresh, clean air.
Although air quality is declining at the moment, there is still hope. Each electronics giant does its best to provide you with the facilities you need for a better life. That is why we are here with this article to help you choose the best air purifiers in India.
Our Top Pick
10 Best Hepa Air Purifiers Review
- #1 AIR PURIFIER: Coway is loved across the world for its unique technology, award-winning design and user friendly Air Purifiers. Coway has World's Largest R&D Centre for Air Care Products with 243 full-time researchers. Today, "Coway Air Purifier" is India's No. 1 selling Air Purifier Brand. TECH. SPECS: Supply: 230V 50Hz. | Power : 38 Watts. | Noise: 22-49 dB. | Gross Weight: 7.50 Kg | 5 Years Warranty on Motor, 1 Year Warranty on Product.
- OPTIMIZED AIRFLOW: Smart design ensures innovative flow path for high efficiency (better reach and maximum airflow). COVERAGE AREA: 355 sq. ft / 33 sq. mtrs. | SUITABLE FOR: Living Room, Bed Rooms & Offices | Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR): 303 cubic m/hr (CADR is Volume of fresh, clean air delivered in an hour) | ELEGANT DESIGN: Slim design to blend anywhere. | iF, RED Dot, Good Design & Spark Design Award Winner for best design | Certified Allergy Friendly: Tested by ECARF.
- FILTERS AND LIFE OF FILTER: Pre-Filter (To Trap PM10 Particles, Life-long), Patented Urethane Carbon Filter (To Deodorize the air & Remove VOCs, Life 8500 Hours), Multi Layered Anti-Virus Green HEPA Filter (To effectively trap PM2.5 particles and eliminate Viruses & Allergens, Life 8500 Hours). AIR QUALITY MONITOR: Smart pollution sensor represents real-time Air Quality through Intuitive Colors. AUTO MODE: Automatically Adjust Speed based on Air Quality. FILTER CLEANING & REPLACEMENT INDICATOR.
- SPECIAL ANTI-VIRUS GREEN HEPA FILTER: A unique HEPA Filter made of Japanese Gingko Leaves and Sumac Trees, which has unique property to destroy protein on the surface of virus. Removes 99.97 % of Airborne pollutants & 99.99 % of Virus & Allergens. Coway HEPA Filter is one of the thickest (25 mm) HEPA Filter in the industry with Best in Class Protection and Long Filter Life (8500 hours).
- BEST RATED AFTER SALES SUPPORT: We, at Coway India, are committed to "Keep Customers Interest Ahead of All." It's always our privilege to assist and build relationship with our customers. With our expertise in Air Care Products, we assist our customers in their pursuit of Healthy Lifestyle. 'Get ADDITIONAL WARRANTY OF 2 Yrs' on Motor by Registering on Official Coway Website. In case of any queries, Demo & Installation Needs, feel free to Contact Customer Support.
- True HEPA Filter with filtration efficiency of 99.97% for particle size up to 0.3 microns
- OLED touch Display (Shows real time PM2.5 concentration, Temperature and humidity, Wi-Fi connection and Working mode)
- Smart app control, Rated Frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Works with Google assistant and Amazon Alexa
- 360 Degree Air intake with 3 Layer Filtration
- High CADR of 380 m3/h
- True HEPA Filter with filtration efficiency of 99.97 percent for particle size up to 0.3 microns
- 360 Degree Air Intake for efficient filtration
- Best in class CADR of 350 m3/h
- Effective Coverage Area of up to 452 Sqft
- Real time air quality indicator
- DIY (Do It Yourself) Filter change
- Removes 99.99% airborne viruses,6 Stages of Filtration fith FilterMaxx Technology
- Complete Disease Protection system with Unique H1N1 Swine Flu Resistant Filter + Lung Filter + Anti-Bacterial Filter
- Certified By the of ASI (Asthma Society of India)
- Ultra Silent Sleep mode ,Auto Mode, Child Lock Mode,Timer Mode(1/2/4/8 hours)
- 1 year product warranty
- 56 m2 Area Covereage (602 Sq. Ft.)
- Vitashield Intelligent purification automatically senses air quality and removes 99.97% airborne pollutants as small as 0.003 microns, 800 times smaller than PM 2.5
- Purifies a standard room in just 10 minutes with a CADR of 333 m3/hour (Standard room size is 18 ft by 12 ft with an 8 ft ceiling height)
- Ideal for master bedroom, recommended area: 269-409 sq ft.
- AeraSense monitors and displays real-time numerical PM 2.5 levels with professional grade sensing technology
- Removes 99.90% bacteria and viruses, tested to remove H1N1 virus
- Removes 99.99% pollen and house dust mites
- TruSens of USA; TruSens Air Purifiers received distinction for high design quality in the Red Dot Award: Product Design 2019; Warranty: 2 Years Carry-In Local Manufacturer Warranty (Refer to Product Details for more info)
- Room Coverage: 375 sq ft / 35 sq m; ACH of 2 per hour in 375 sq ft (35 sq m) room; 4 Levels of Purification: Pre-filter, Carbon Filter, HEPA Filter, UV Sterilization
- SMARTER SENSING: Our remote SensorPod monitors the air quality and take action. Placed across the room, SensorPod communicates back to the TruSens purifier so it can automatically adjust its fan speed
- CAPTURES AND DESTROYS POLLUTANTS: 360-degree DuPont filtration captures pollutants such as allergens, VOC gases and microscopic particles
- UltraViolet sterilization destroys germs and viruses that can build up on the filter, preventing re-circulation of live germs
- TOTAL ROOM COVERAGE: PureDirect proprietary technology splits clean air into two air streams, delivering purified air more comfortably and efficiently throughout the room. Proven to be 24% more efficient.
- Air Touch I5 indoor air purifier by Honeywell, a Fortune 100 company
- CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) of 250 cu m/hr, offers up to 30 sq. m coverage area for a room with 2.74m height. Suitable for bedrooms and living room.
- Three stage advanced filtration system that removes pollutants with more than 99% efficiency.
- Washable pre-filter that removes larger dust particles, pet hair/dander, soil etc. and improves the life of HEPA filter.
- Combined filter with High-efficiency HEPA and activated carbon filter that removes any microscopic pollutant and allergens above 0.3 microns including PM2.5 and pollens.
- It also removes removes formaldehyde, toxic gases, VOCs & odour.
- Air Purifier Type - Room; Purification method - High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestant (HEPA) filter type
- Coverage area: 290 sq. ft. / 27 sq. mtrs., suitable for bedroom / living room (medium) ; Input Power Supply: Single Phase 200-240 V, AC 50/60 Hz
- Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR): 180 m3/hr; CADR indicates the volume of purified air (in cubic mtrs) which an air purifier produces every hour
- 1 Year Warranty
- Product will be having white background but design color may vary as per availibility
- Proven HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Arrestor) dust collection technology for trapping harmful pollutants from air; Specially treated carbon filter with specially sized pallets for better adsorption properties for odor/foul smell, oxides of Sulphide and Nitrogen, dust, cigarette smoke etc
- HEPA air purifier, filters PM2.5 for rooms up to 320 sq ft
- 7 stage filtration: Pre-filter + HEPA + Activated Carbon + Antimicrobial filter + Cold catalyst + UV + Anion. Pre-filter is washable
- Plug and play operation, portable and compact
- Consumes only 0.043 units per hour
- Warranty: 2 year comprehensive
- Vantro Smart Car Air Purifier purify air all around 360 degrees. Wind goes through from the floor and comes out from the top, creates high concentration of upto 10 million negative ions which kills 99% of Viruses, Germs and bacterias and refreshes the car air naturally. Vantro Smart Car Air Purifier has Built-in a filter screen, a HEPA filter and an activated carbon filter, which efficientlyremovePM2.5,,TVOC/formaldehyde and odor.
- After Sales Service: 1 year worldwide warranty
- Vatro Smart Car Air Purifier equipped with Colorful LED light, digital display and touch screen. touch it and turn on the purifier, meanwhile a soft and colorful light will automatically change gradually,which is a great decorative light in your car. USB power supply. Plug and play, low DC 5V input voltage, safe and reliable. It can be easily powered by car charger, PC, notebook, power bank.
- Vatro Smart Car Air Purifier helpful for those who suffer from cough, sneezing, allergies, stuffiness, & asthma. It remove harmful and toxic substances from the air which are present in car. This way you will also have less fever, headaches or eyes irritations.
- BRAND NEW 2020 MODEL: Vantro Smart Car Air Purifier comes with advanced technology of negative ions and HEPA filter, manufactured with aluminum alloy material, strong motor. Air quality sensor, intelligent sensing to detect air quality inside the car and displaying humidity, temperature and air quality.
What Is a HEPA Filter?
HEPA filters have revolutionized air quality and approaches to tackling allergies. HEPA (high efficiency particulate air) sifts through various pollutants in the air at the particulate level. These include everything, from pollen to mold to dust, as well as smoke removal and pet dander. Through ultra-fine mesh, pollutants are extracted from the air, filtering out the natural, healthy air which will not irritate the lungs and making air cleaner and safer. This is particularly important when considering families and friends with asthma or allergies- HEPA filters eliminate discomfort and bring peace of mind.
Of course, installing such air purifiers is a lifestyle choice- you are choosing to eliminate those pollutants which affect your respiratory system by installing an electronic device in the home. However, as such a constant presence in your living/work space, things like size, amount of noise, and aesthetic appearance are important factors. HEPA air filters/purifiers are designed to be as inconspicuous as possible- quiet, peaceful machines that do their job so you can get on with your life.
How HEPA Filters Can Help and Why You Should Buy One
So why buy a HEPA air filter? Does it really work? What benefits should I expect? What to consider before buying an air purifier? Can my allergies be defeated with it? In fact, these are all important questions and it’s vital for you to know what you will be getting for your money.
The home is your living space and your nest that provides your personal tranquillity. Yet particles which compromise the quality of the air also compromise the quality of relaxation. Moreover, while allergens are typically associated with the outside world, they can easily drift into your home and cause the same discomfort and ailments you might expect outside.The respiratory system is the main area likely to be affected, and problems stemming from this can go as far as cancer and even death. However, HEPA filter air purifiers remove these tiny particles that cause major discomfort and allergies.
A HEPA air purifier is also a lifestyle choice. Once you experience the cleanliness of the air around you, the thought of going back to compromised air quality can seem incomprehensible. Allergens may lurk in the tiniest of crevasses on rugs and couches, bed spreads and worktops. And the trigger point of allergic reactions can come from a range of sources, many of which you may be unaware of. Subtle mold, dust, gas, pollen, etc. are more prominent in any home than many would believe, and smoke removal is surely a necessity. Certainly when considering appliances like cooking fixtures, cars, fireplaces, etc. there are various sites where pollutants may find a home and enter the living space.
But the best HEPA air purifier can rejuvenate any room. When used as part of a commitment to whole cleaning throughout the living space, any health risks or allergies, no matter how major or minor, can be eliminated. Basic cleaning techniques, such as laundry, cleaning surfaces and vacuuming ensure the work of the HEPA system is not in vain.
Mistakes to Avoid When Choosing the Best HEPA Air Purifier for You
With our comprehensive understanding of HEPA air purifiers and our analysis of reviews, we are confident in recommending the best of the HEPA products available. The layman is unlikely to be able to distinguish between effective facets of different purifiers, and we are here to rectify the situation.
The phrase ‘99% effective’ is often lauded around. But is this a figure worth your hard-earned money? Is this a feature marking the best HEPA air purifier?
The generally accepted figure for a top quality HEPA air filter is 99.97%. And while 99% sounds great, it’s likely to miss crucial particulate contents which should be taken very seriously. Therefore, 99% for us is just not good enough, and you should know the same.
The internal mechanisms of the product are also important to think about- the whole system is important. Automatic modular features, air quality sensors, and other facets of the purifier must be considered in relation to your lifestyle and the environment you intend to place the purifier in. For instance, automatic modes are critical if you think you’re unlikely to change the modes yourself. Having to do it manually is often a time-consuming and easy-to-forget task that limits time for other important things. Automatic air purifiers adapt to larger presences of contaminants in the air. This is not only more efficient, but safer, and a comforting advantage over manual systems.
Key Factors and Features to Look For
HEPA filters come in different classes, and it’s important to understand which class will give you the desired effect you seek. The E class has the lowest retention level, at between 85 and 99.5%. From there, differences are minor- H class and U class filters give gradually higher retention levels up to around 99.99995%, as well as specified local retention ranging from 99.7-99.999%. Be sure to be attentive to class and retention level when considering a HEPA air filtration system.
Airflow Design Characteristics
Airflow design is important when considering the overall operation of the system. Higher or lower airflow can influence energy consumption and noise level. In addition to this, the environment may influence airflow resistance, so it is always important to gain a reading on the airflow characteristics of different HEPA air filters and find the one that best accommodates your environment.
Aside from removing pollutants, such as molds, dusts and pollen, noise is another pollution we wish to avoid in the whole home. Noise levels of HEPA air purifiers depend on the speed and level at which the system is running. After thorough analysis, any purifiers with a highest noise level above 55 decibels (normal conversation volume) are not considered. With that being said, purifiers would only be run on high when a wealth of pollutants pervade the space, such as nearby smoke.
Filter Replacement Indicator
Each filter has a time-frame with which it’s designed to be replaced. This can range from a year to 5 years and beyond. When buying, the annual operating cost must be weighed against the consistency of filter replacement required to evaluate the best option moving forward.
How We Picked and Tested
Our guide to the very best HEPA air purifier has been exhaustively put together, encompassing four years in which new models have been assessed an accounted for. We are always looking for the next great air purifier, and this list will be of enormous help for you in choosing the best HEPA air purifier for your space. These past four years have allowed us to personally test over 40 air purifiers in our search for perfection. We’ve learned a lot along the way!
In our latest guide, we looked at community as well as personal usage over a whole two-month period. Looking to cover every permutation of use, we assessed the quality of the product with the operation guide on and off. Additionally, we tested across a variety of environments to try to adequately cover all scenarios. What remains is a comprehensive analysis covering noise level, airflow, filter replacement indicators, filter class, particulate retention and many other factors. So you can rely on our judgments if you’re in need of an air purifier.
Which Cities in India have the Poorest Quality of Air
In 2018, WHO reported that air pollution in India kills an average of 8.5 out of every 10,000 children before they turn five. Girls are at a higher risk with an average of 9.6 deaths per 10,000 girls before reaching age five. Clearly, its time we take air pollution more seriously and get an air purifier for home and office.
Here is the list of most polluted cities in India:
Non-Attainment cities with respect to Ambient Air Quality India (2011-2015) and WHO report 2014/2018
|Sl. No||State||Cities Sl. No||Cities|
|8||Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
According to a report published in The Economic Times on August 18, 2019, ‘The Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) has added 20 more cities from eight states to the list of polluted cities which do not meet the National Ambient Air Quality Standards. These cities are:
Anantapur, Chittoor, Eluru, Kadapa, Ongole, Rajahmundry, Srikakulam and Vizianagaram in Andhra Pradesh; Vadodara in Gujarat; Thane in Maharashtra; Kalinga Nagar in Odisha; Trichy in Tamil Nadu; Sangareddy in Telangana; Dehradun in Uttarakhand; and Asansol, Barrackpore, Durgapur, Haldia, Howrah and Raniganj in West Bengal
What Are The Benefits Of Air Purifiers?
Buying an air purifier is one of the best decisions you can make if you really care about the health of your family. Some of the benefits of having an air purifier include;
Minimize Asthma Triggers
The major cause if asthma is breathing in contaminated air. This means that people who live in highly polluted areas are likely to suffer from this condition. The best way to prevent this is by having a reliable air purifier that is able to remove all allergens that may cause asthma.
Respiratory and nasal allergies are very common in those areas with high levels of pollution. These allergies are characterized by various symptoms such as headaches, sneezing, coughing, eye irritation, throat irritation among others. If you have been experiencing such symptoms frequently, an air purifier will be the best solution.
Remove Pet Dander and Hair
If you have indoor pets in your home, an air purifier is a must have device because it is very effective in removing pet dander and hair from the air. If not removed, pet dander can cause nasal allergies.
It is not easy to keep your home clean which means that dust is inevitable in the house. The best way to remove dust in your home is by using an air purifier. Again, dust may also attract dust mites which causes different allergies.
Great for Dirty Houses
In case you have a small kid, smells are inevitable especially those that come from baby diapers. However, you can get rid of them by using a quality air purifier.
Ideal for New House
Another reason why you need an air purifier is when you are moving to a new house or a painted house. These devices are very effective in removing toxic formaldehyde that comes from the painted walls or furniture.
Remove Smoke and Cooking Smells
Most air purifiers especially those we have reviewed are very effective in removing smoke and smells that comes from your kitchen. If you live with someone who smokes, you will need an air purifier to freshen the air. The smoke that comes from cigarettes is very dangerous and may lead to serious problems.
Frequently Asked Questions – Best Air Purifiers In India
How much time should I run my air purifier?
It depends on the area where you are leaving if it is a small room then it will take less time to clean air but if it is used a large room or a hall then it requires much larger time to complete its work. On average you can run your air purifier at short intervals.How much sound does an air purifier make?
There is some noise produced while air purifiers operate. The noise or sound whether less or more it depends on the particular air purifier.Does air purifier cure some of allergies or breathing problems?
The answer is no because air purifier just improves the air quality of your living area and it acts as a preventive measure to dust or any particles in the air but it can act as a medicine or a therapy.Which is the best spot to keep an air purifier?
It also varies from person to person whether he stays more in the bedroom or living room. But likely the best spot for air purifier is in the bedroom as we spent maximum time in there as compared to any place in our house.
Poor air quality can make you sick as with increasing air pollution every home requires the best quality air purifier that can provide your family a healthy and fresh air to respire. In case you have a new-born baby or older people with respiratory problems it’s best decision to bring home a top quality air purifier that can make them feel healthy and safer. But you may be confused about which one of them is best to buy.
As above, we have mentioned some of the top best air purifiers in India that we recommend our users to choose from whenever they make their mind to bring home an air purifier that procures a safer breathing atmosphere. Moreover, we have made sure that we provide all the essential details about the best air purifiers in India from top brands that deliver both values for money as well as top-notch performance so that our users don’t face any issues afterward.
In our listings, we covered everything about the best air purifiers in India so that every single user comes across an air purifier that can match their set of requirements and budget. Furthermore, after going through our buying guide, the users would be able to make a quick decision to get the best air purifier for their home.
So without any delay gift your loved ones with a fresher and cleaner environment to breathe in!