Best air purifiers in India! The need for hepa air purifiers increases every day as pollution levels increase over the years. It is in our hands to give our family the best air to breathe. Air quality is the most essential for a good life. Every human being has the right to breathe fresh, clean air.
Although air quality is declining at the moment, there is still hope. Each electronics giant does its best to provide you with the facilities you need for a better life. That is why we are here with this article to help you choose the best air purifiers in India.
Our Top Pick
10 Best Hepa Air Purifiers Review
- Vitashield Intelligent purification automatically senses air quality and removes 99.97% airborne pollutants as small as 0.003 microns, 800 times smaller than PM 2.5
- Purifies a standard room in just 12 minutes with a CADR of 270 m3/hour (Standard room size is 18 ft by 12 ft with an 8 ft ceiling height). Recommended room area: 226-333 sq ft.
- 4 Stage Filtration process through pre filter, activated carbon filter & double layered H13 Grade TRUE HEPA Filter
- 4-color air quality indicator gives real time air quality feedback
- Removes 99.90% bacteria and viruses, tested to remove airborne H1N1 virus
- Removes 99.99% pollen and house dust mites, Allergy friendly quality tested by ECARF
- Removes 99.99% Micro Allergens and airborne Pollutants including PM 0.1 and PM 2.5
- CADR of upto 250 m3/h and coverage area of up to 388 Sq.Ft
- 4 Stage Filtration process through Pre filter, High Grade H13 HEPA Filter and Activated carbon filter
- Advanced filtration process, Purifies a standard room in just 8 minutes
- Real Time PM2.5 level indicator
- Front and Upward Airflow with 3D Air Flow
- 360 Degree 3 Layer filtration;True HEPA Filter with filtration efficiency of 99.97% for particle size up to 0.3 microns
- Primary filter to filter out large particles;Activated Carbon filter removes formaldehyde, odor, TVOC and more
- Warranty: 6 Months on manufacturing defects only;Power: 0 watts
- Includes: Air Purifier Filter;Country of Origin: China
- Size Name: S (Pack Of 1)
- SMALL & PORTABLE DESIGN: This mini purifier has a compact size that weighs only 1.1 pounds, you can take it anywhere. It's perfect for small areas like desktop, office, kitchen, and bedroom.
- PURIFIER & DIFFUSER 2 IN 1: Besides its uses in purifier, it also functions as aromatherapy. Add few drops of your favorite essential oils to the aroma pad to improve your room's air and atmosphere quality.
- TRUE HEPA AIR PURIFIER: The H13 true HEPA filter captures and reduces up to 99.97% of particles 0.3 microns in the air, including pet dander, dust, pollen, odor etc. Effectively improving indoor air quality.
- WHISPER-QUIET & NIGHT LIGHT: The air purifier keeps noise levels as low as 28dB, and the optional blue night light creates a smoothing atmosphere, for your undisturbed sleep or reading.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: This purifier comes with a full one-year warranty & lifetime support. It is recommended to replace the HEPA filter every 1-3 months to maintain the good purification performance of the air purifier. Please search B0CG21Q6WT to get the replacement.
- AREA COVERAGE: 355 sq. ft / 33 sq. mtrs. CADR: 303 cubic m/hr. TECHNICAL SPECS: Power Supply 230V 50Hz. Wattage 35W. Noise 22-49dB. Weight 6.50Kg.
- LONGEST FILTER LIFE: Coway HEPA Filter is one of the thickest (30 mm) HEPA Filter in the industry with Best-in-Class Protection and Long Filter Life (8500 hours).
- WARRANTY: Coway Air Purifiers comes with longest 7 years Manufacturer Warranty on motor. Ensuring Complete Peace of Mind.
- SPECIAL ANTI-VIRUS GREEN HEPA FILTER: Protect your family from Dust, Pollen Allergy and Harmful Smoke. Removes 99.99 % of Virus & Allergen to provide safe indoor environment.
- FILTER REPLACEMENT INDICATOR: Filter Replacement Indicator helps indicate when it's time to change HEPA Filter & Carbon Filter.
- COWAY AIR PURIFIER: Coway has World's Largest R&D Centre for Air Care Products with 243 full-time researchers.
- REMOTE CONTROL: You can adjust fan speed, reduce LED lights, change modes and power off/on through a compact remote control.
- SUPER SILENT: With only 19db sound level at quite mode, you'll surprised to see the silent operations of the machine.
- For any clarification please wisit Daikin Air Purifier website.
- LIFETIME* HEPA FILTER: No worry on replacement filter cost with Daikin Air Purifier. Register your new product on Daikin Airpurifier Website within 45 days, use your inbuilt HEPA filter for 2 years and ask for replacement filter in 3rd/5th/7th year at Daikin call centre/email etc. and we will send you a new HEPA filter without any charges. For details, visit Daikin Airpurifier Website (Lifetime 8 years)
- OUTSIDE - ACTIVE PLASMA uses plasma discharge to release Plasma Ions into the air to create active species with strong oxidizing power like OH radicals. These decompose protein layer of virus/fungi/bacteria to decompose them.
- LIFETIME ODOUR FILTER: Daikin's special method of "Absorb-Decompose-Regenerate" keeps capacity of Odour filter maintained for life with the help of patented Streamer Discharge Technology.
- Air Purifier includes: Combines True HEPA, Activated CARBON. ANION, UV, dust PreFilter and Photocatalyst into 1 Filter. Captures 99.97% of air pollutants as small as 0.3 microns like dust, pollen, smoke, hair, and household odors; also safely breaks down various harmful gases, such as formaldehyde, and VOCs;
- LOW NOISE OUTPUT : Virtually Silent Operation - Addyz Air Purifier will not disturb your sleep, It can be operated in 3-speed modes with noise output less than 40DB, which is the lowest in its class. Perfect for your home or office or Home-office. Air Purifier also has Sleep - Fan Speed mode for ultra-quiet purification.
- HEPA MEDICAL GRADE FILTER: HEPA filter pass up 0.35% of 0.1 micron particles per liter of air.. With smart response technology, the air cleaning system works according to the quality of the room’s air.
- EFFECTIVE IN ROOMS UP TO 500-SQ-FT IN SIZE: Proven to refresh air in just 10-minutes, this air purifier can clean air in the rooms up to 500-square-feet in size. Wireless updated remote controls included with 20+ feet working distance for your convenience.
- LOW ENERGY CONSUMPTION : The Air Purifier was designed with your budget in mind. We understand inflation, we understand how health care has become expensive. The Addyz Air Purifier is very energy efficient and has a negligible load on your electricity bill.
- Plasmacluster Ion: SHARP's patented technology uses nature's way of purification and is certified by laboratories the world over including the coveted IIT Delhi, British Allergy Foundation
- SHARP Room Air Purifiers work on the concept of Dual Purification by use of the Plasmacluster & Filters (Pre-Filter, HEPA, Carbon) and is the perfect choice for an air purifier for homes and offices.
- HEPA Filter traps 99.97% allergens and microscopic dust as smallest as 0.3-micron and has a standard life of up to 2 years. Active Carbon Filter deodourizes the air and removes Volatile Organic Compound (VOCs), absorbs cigarette odour, pet odour and many other common household odours and has a standard life of up to 2 years.
- Filters: Pre-Filter (Mesh Type), HEPA Filter & Active-Carbon Filter | Modes: Auto Mode, Haze Mode. Auto Restart Feature, Odour Sensor, Dust Sensor
- Filter Life up to 2 Years (may vary according to use and environment conditions, depending on fan speed & indoor environment conditions)
- AC AIR PURIFIER: The AIRTH Air Purifier Module (APM) upgrade your AC into an air purifying AC.
- Developed at IIT Kanpur and IISc Bangalore: APM uses a proven technology to purify the air in your room, providing protection from harmful pollutants, germs, smog, and PM2.5 and PM10 particles.
- COATED HEPA: APM comes with a HEPA filter that removes 99% of pollutants as small as 0.3 microns, including dust, pollen, smoke, allergens and other airborne particles. The filter is coated with a plant-based coating that deactivates germs and bacteria, making the air in your room fresher and healthier.
- DIY PRODUCT: APM is easy to install and requires no electrical supply or batteries. It fits on the top of your AC's inlet grill and can be installed in just a few minutes, without any professional help. CAM is also a cost-effective alternative to expensive air purifiers, as it purifies the air at a fraction of the cost.
- Take action today to protect your family from dangerous air pollution with AIRTH's Clean Air Module.
- Best AC accessories and parts for room, bedroom and home.
- EFFECTIVE 3-in-1 TRUE HEPA FILTER AIR PURIFIER: Enjoy clean air as the pre-filter, H13 true HEPA air filter & activated carbon filter can remove up 99.97% of airborne particles including pet hair, smoke, odor, mold, dust, harmful gases, & more
- OPTIMAL CIRCULATION REACH: Reaching up to 227 sq. ft., this small air purifier serves as a great air cleaner for your personal desk, bedroom, home office, bathroom, and more
- AUTO FAN CONTROL: Let the air purifier do the work for you as auto mode is designed to adjust the fan speed according to surrounding air quality
- QUIET AIR PURIFIER: Enjoy a good night’s rest as sleep mode is designed slow down the fan speed & dim the lights for a calm & quiet ambiance
- FILTER REPLACEMENT ALERT: The filter change indicator will alert you when your air purifier needs a filter replacement.
What Is a HEPA Filter?
HEPA filters have revolutionized air quality and approaches to tackling allergies. HEPA (high efficiency particulate air) sifts through various pollutants in the air at the particulate level. These include everything, from pollen to mold to dust, as well as smoke removal and pet dander. Through ultra-fine mesh, pollutants are extracted from the air, filtering out the natural, healthy air which will not irritate the lungs and making air cleaner and safer. This is particularly important when considering families and friends with asthma or allergies- HEPA filters eliminate discomfort and bring peace of mind.
Of course, installing such air purifiers is a lifestyle choice- you are choosing to eliminate those pollutants which affect your respiratory system by installing an electronic device in the home. However, as such a constant presence in your living/work space, things like size, amount of noise, and aesthetic appearance are important factors. HEPA air filters/purifiers are designed to be as inconspicuous as possible- quiet, peaceful machines that do their job so you can get on with your life.
How Hepa Air Purifiers Can Help and Why You Should Buy One
So why buy a HEPA air filter? Does it really work? What benefits should I expect? What to consider before buying an air purifier? Can my allergies be defeated with it? In fact, these are all important questions and it’s vital for you to know what you will be getting for your money.
The home is your living space and your nest that provides your personal tranquillity. Yet particles which compromise the quality of the air also compromise the quality of relaxation. Moreover, while allergens are typically associated with the outside world, they can easily drift into your home and cause the same discomfort and ailments you might expect outside.The respiratory system is the main area likely to be affected, and problems stemming from this can go as far as cancer and even death. However, HEPA filter air purifiers remove these tiny particles that cause major discomfort and allergies.
A HEPA air purifier is also a lifestyle choice. Once you experience the cleanliness of the air around you, the thought of going back to compromised air quality can seem incomprehensible. Allergens may lurk in the tiniest of crevasses on rugs and couches, bed spreads and worktops. And the trigger point of allergic reactions can come from a range of sources, many of which you may be unaware of. Subtle mold, dust, gas, pollen, etc. are more prominent in any home than many would believe, and smoke removal is surely a necessity. Certainly when considering appliances like cooking fixtures, cars, fireplaces, etc. there are various sites where pollutants may find a home and enter the living space.
But the best HEPA air purifier can rejuvenate any room. When used as part of a commitment to whole cleaning throughout the living space, any health risks or allergies, no matter how major or minor, can be eliminated. Basic cleaning techniques, such as laundry, cleaning surfaces and vacuuming ensure the work of the HEPA system is not in vain.
Mistakes to Avoid When Choosing the Best HEPA Air Purifier for You
With our comprehensive understanding of HEPA air purifiers and our analysis of reviews, we are confident in recommending the best of the HEPA products available. The layman is unlikely to be able to distinguish between effective facets of different purifiers, and we are here to rectify the situation.
The phrase ‘99% effective’ is often lauded around. But is this a figure worth your hard-earned money? Is this a feature marking the best HEPA air purifiers ?
The generally accepted figure for a top quality HEPA air filter is 99.97%. And while 99% sounds great, it’s likely to miss crucial particulate contents which should be taken very seriously. Therefore, 99% for us is just not good enough, and you should know the same.
The internal mechanisms of the product are also important to think about- the whole system is important. Automatic modular features, air quality sensors, and other facets of the purifier must be considered in relation to your lifestyle and the environment you intend to place the purifier in. For instance, automatic modes are critical if you think you’re unlikely to change the modes yourself. Having to do it manually is often a time-consuming and easy-to-forget task that limits time for other important things. Automatic air purifiers adapt to larger presences of contaminants in the air. This is not only more efficient, but safer, and a comforting advantage over manual systems.
Key Factors and Features to Look For
HEPA filters come in different classes, and it’s important to understand which class will give you the desired effect you seek. The E class has the lowest retention level, at between 85 and 99.5%. From there, differences are minor- H class and U class filters give gradually higher retention levels up to around 99.99995%, as well as specified local retention ranging from 99.7-99.999%. Be sure to be attentive to class and retention level when considering a HEPA air filtration system.
Airflow Design Characteristics
Airflow design is important when considering the overall operation of the system. Higher or lower airflow can influence energy consumption and noise level. In addition to this, the environment may influence airflow resistance, so it is always important to gain a reading on the airflow characteristics of different HEPA air filters and find the one that best accommodates your environment.
Aside from removing pollutants, such as molds, dusts and pollen, noise is another pollution we wish to avoid in the whole home. Noise levels of HEPA air purifiers depend on the speed and level at which the system is running. After thorough analysis, any purifiers with a highest noise level above 55 decibels (normal conversation volume) are not considered. With that being said, purifiers would only be run on high when a wealth of pollutants pervade the space, such as nearby smoke.
Filter Replacement Indicator
Each filter has a time-frame with which it’s designed to be replaced. This can range from a year to 5 years and beyond. When buying, the annual operating cost must be weighed against the consistency of filter replacement required to evaluate the best option moving forward.
How We Picked and Tested
Our guide to the very best HEPA air purifiers has been exhaustively put together, encompassing four years in which new models have been assessed an accounted for. We are always looking for the next great air purifier, and this list will be of enormous help for you in choosing the best HEPA air purifier for your space. These past four years have allowed us to personally test over 40 air purifiers in our search for perfection. We’ve learned a lot along the way!
In our latest guide, we looked at community as well as personal usage over a whole two-month period. Looking to cover every permutation of use, we assessed the quality of the product with the operation guide on and off. Additionally, we tested across a variety of environments to try to adequately cover all scenarios. What remains is a comprehensive analysis covering noise level, airflow, filter replacement indicators, filter class, particulate retention and many other factors. So you can rely on our judgments if you’re in need of an air purifier.
Which Cities in India have the Poorest Quality of Air
In 2018, WHO reported that air pollution in India kills an average of 8.5 out of every 10,000 children before they turn five. Girls are at a higher risk with an average of 9.6 deaths per 10,000 girls before reaching age five. Clearly, its time we take air pollution more seriously and get an HEPA air purifiers for home and office.
Here is the list of most polluted cities in India:
Non-Attainment cities with respect to Ambient Air Quality India (2011-2015) and WHO report 2014/2018
|Sl. No||State||Cities Sl. No||Cities|
|8||Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
According to a report published in The Economic Times on August 18, 2019, ‘The Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) has added 20 more cities from eight states to the list of polluted cities which do not meet the National Ambient Air Quality Standards. These cities are:
Anantapur, Chittoor, Eluru, Kadapa, Ongole, Rajahmundry, Srikakulam and Vizianagaram in Andhra Pradesh; Vadodara in Gujarat; Thane in Maharashtra; Kalinga Nagar in Odisha; Trichy in Tamil Nadu; Sangareddy in Telangana; Dehradun in Uttarakhand; and Asansol, Barrackpore, Durgapur, Haldia, Howrah and Raniganj in West Bengal
What Are The Benefits Of Air Purifiers?
Buying an air purifier is one of the best decisions you can make if you really care about the health of your family. Some of the benefits of having an air purifier include;
Minimize Asthma Triggers
The major cause if asthma is breathing in contaminated air. This means that people who live in highly polluted areas are likely to suffer from this condition. The best way to prevent this is by having a reliable air purifier that is able to remove all allergens that may cause asthma.
Respiratory and nasal allergies are very common in those areas with high levels of pollution. These allergies are characterized by various symptoms such as headaches, sneezing, coughing, eye irritation, throat irritation among others. If you have been experiencing such symptoms frequently, an air purifier will be the best solution.
Remove Pet Dander and Hair
If you have indoor pets in your home, an air purifier is a must have device because it is very effective in removing pet dander and hair from the air. If not removed, pet dander can cause nasal allergies.
It is not easy to keep your home clean which means that dust is inevitable in the house. The best way to remove dust in your home is by using an air purifier. Again, dust may also attract dust mites which causes different allergies.
Great for Dirty Houses
In case you have a small kid, smells are inevitable especially those that come from baby diapers. However, you can get rid of them by using a quality air purifier.
Ideal for New House
Another reason why you need an air purifier is when you are moving to a new house or a painted house. These devices are very effective in removing toxic formaldehyde that comes from the painted walls or furniture.
Remove Smoke and Cooking Smells
Most air purifiers especially those we have reviewed are very effective in removing smoke and smells that comes from your kitchen. If you live with someone who smokes, you will need an air purifier to freshen the air. The smoke that comes from cigarettes is very dangerous and may lead to serious problems.
Frequently Asked Questions – Best Air Purifiers In India
How much time should I run my air purifier?
It depends on the area where you are leaving if it is a small room then it will take less time to clean air but if it is used a large room or a hall then it requires much larger time to complete its work. On average you can run your air purifier at short intervals.How much sound does an air purifier make?
There is some noise produced while air purifiers operate. The noise or sound whether less or more it depends on the particular air purifier.Does air purifier cure some of allergies or breathing problems?
The answer is no because air purifier just improves the air quality of your living area and it acts as a preventive measure to dust or any particles in the air but it can act as a medicine or a therapy.Which is the best spot to keep an air purifier?
It also varies from person to person whether he stays more in the bedroom or living room. But likely the best spot for air purifier is in the bedroom as we spent maximum time in there as compared to any place in our house.
Poor air quality can make you sick as with increasing air pollution every home requires the best quality air purifier that can provide your family a healthy and fresh air to respire. In case you have a new-born baby or older people with respiratory problems it’s best decision to bring home a top quality air purifier that can make them feel healthy and safer. But you may be confused about which one of them is best to buy.
As above, we have mentioned some of the top best air purifiers in India that we recommend our users to choose from whenever they make their mind to bring home an air purifier that procures a safer breathing atmosphere. Moreover, we have made sure that we provide all the essential details about the best air purifiers in India from top brands that deliver both values for money as well as top-notch performance so that our users don’t face any issues afterward.
In our listings, we covered everything about the best air purifiers in India so that every single user comes across an air purifier that can match their set of requirements and budget. Furthermore, after going through our buying guide, the users would be able to make a quick decision to get the best air purifier for their home.
So without any delay gift your loved ones with a fresher and cleaner environment to breathe in!