A motorcycle jacket is not just an elegant piece of clothing, it is an essential component of your safety equipment when driving. Whether you are riding a minivan or riding a full-size pig, having a suitable motorcycle jacket will keep you safer and more comfortable.
Finding the best motorcycle jacket for your travels means reading reviews, studying the product’s features and delving into the details of the styles and safety features available. With the right jacket for bikers, looking good while staying safe behind the handlebars can become a quick and exaggerated task.
We analyzed dozens of motorcycle jackets to identify the best of the best, based on Amazon’s analysis, their performance in tests, cost and other considerations. We limited our search to 5 of the best motorcycle jackets that motorcyclists can buy to ensure a safe and stylish ride.
Our Top Pick
10 Best Motorcycle Riding Jackets Review
- Cordura/Mesh frame: 600D cordura fabric and Hi-Vent mesh panels to promote maximum airflow.
- Reflective Prints: Reflective prints for maximized visibility
- Adjustability: Adjustable Velcro straps at waist, cuff and forearms.
- Protectors: Pre-curved dual density CE certified foam amour with elevated deformability and high shape memory retention for maximized protection. Dual density CE certified to EN 1621 standard Absorbs the energy in case of an impact, keeping your spine protected at all times.
- YKK zippers: World renowned YKK zippers used throughout the jacket.
- Armoured Riding Jacket
- CE Approved / Certified Armours
- Detachable Thermal and Rain Liners
- All Season Riding jacket
- Reflective Branding on Front and Back / Rear
- The Royal Enfield Streetwind V2 jacket is a abrasion resistant protective jacket made for your everyday adventures. The ventilated outer shell construction is engineered to allow efficient air flow within the jacket and help you keep cool during those long summer hauls. Equipped with premium high abrasion resistance mesh and armor protectors in the shoulder and elbow make it an ideal choice for the urban enthusiasts.
- Construction: 90% of jacket is high abrasion resistant Polyester Mesh and 10% 600 D polyester; Abrasion Resistant: Premium high abrasion resistant mesh with high air permeability; Layers : 1 ; Impact Protection: Knox flexiform Level 1 armors for shoulder and elbow ; Perforated Eva Foa at the back; Fit: Regular ; Ventilation - 90% mesh makes it fully ventilated Adjustment tabs on cuffs, waist, biceps and forearms; Reflective with leather applique branding at chest;
- Genuine YKK zippers at centre front Cushioned comfort collar;
- 2 front pocket with zippers;
- Remove protective armours Close all zippers before washing Machine wash warm Do not use any fabric softeners or bleach Do not wring Do not iron Hang dry in the shade and away from any sort of heat source
- Ce Certified Level 2 Shoulder And Elbow Armours
- 3 In 1 All Season Mesh Protective Riding Jacket With Dual Detachable Multi-Weather Liners
- Reflective Branding On Front And Back For High Visibility
- Shell Fabric 600D Pu Coated Oxford With Mesh Lining
- Reliable Performance
- ✅CE APPROVED ARMORS (REMOVABLE) on the Motorcycle Moto Jacket's Back, Elbows & Shoulders. 3-Color Contrast HWK Design.
- ✅ALL WEATHER motorcycle jackets mens, 600D CORDURA CONSTRUCTION Textile Motorcycle Racing Jacket , The HWK Motorcycle Jacket mens is an all season motorbike riding jacket at its best: rugged and strong, yet soft and comfortable to the touch to keep you warm during winter, cool during summer and safe at the same time.
- ✅ 100% Waterproof Motorcycle Jacket for men breathable with the help of lined REISSA MEMBRANE. #HWK to be a part of our growing community of moto enthusiasts 🙂
- ✅MAXIMUM QUALITY at a MINIMUM PRICE: This a bargain, we bet that you would not be able to find a Textile Motorcycle Jacket men at this price in the protective gear market. This Waterproof Motorbike Jacket is BREATHABLE & has MESH LINING UNDERNEATH.
- ✅ 5 YEAR REPLACEMENT WARRANTY ON ALL HWK GEAR 🙂 Chest Measurement Size Guide(inches): Small 38'', Medium 40'', Large 42'', X-Large 44'', XX-Large 46'', XXXL 48'' . If you're between sizes then please choose the upper size for easy fitting. All weather/season Motorcycle jacket armor with REMOVABLE WINTER THERMAL LINING.
- DOUBLE ARMOR SYSTEM; External shoulders and elbows armor attached with the jacket PLUS internal 5PC removable armor in elbows, shoulders and back. It has 9PC Armor, most motorcycle armor jackets have 5PC Armor.
- ALL SEASON JACKET; Made of Ultra Breathable abrasion resistant light weight poly mesh and Cordura.
- WATERPROOF LINING & POCKETS; Removable waterproof liner. Multiple inside & outside pockets.
- SUREFIT FEATURE; SureFit customization provides complete control over fit.
- REFLECTIVE FEATURE; Reflective tape and piping makes the biker visible in poor light.
- Construction - 600d Polyester Fabric for Durability, and a Black Collar Neoprene for Comfort. Pre-rolled Sleeves to Reduce Fatigue, and a Mesh Construction for Cooling.
- Adjustable Armor Pockets, Adjustable Waist and Sleeves for the Perfect Fit
- Safety - Level 1 Ce Certified Elbow & Shoulder Protectors, and a High Density Tpe Back Protector. Modular Back Compartments for Protector Upgrade
- Waterproof Inner Pockets, Separate Storage Compartment to Store Rainwear, Zippered Hand Pockets and Cuff for Ease of Use
- Waist Connection Zipper to Allow Attachment to a Riding Pant, Suspenders to Hang the Jacket When Not in Use
- Color: Neon Line
- 1.All season motorcycle jacket,abrasion resistant and windproof 600 denier polyester high performance fabric,lining adopt elasticity polyester mesh fabric,rugged and comfortable to the touch to keep you warm during winter,cool during summer.
- 2.Motorcycle riding jacket contains removable warmth cotton liner,you can wear in cold or warm weather.Removable 5 pieces EVA protectors on the back,shoulders,elbows,helps protect you from falls as you ride while ensuring a full range of motion.
- 3.Motorbike jacket,adjustable cuff,collar,hem,provides maximum mobility so you can focus on the road and ride comfortably.Two external pocket guard your valuables with zipper protection,prevent your valuable falling off from pockets.
- 4.Equipped with reflective strip on the back of the jacket for your safety, this armored outerwear will ensure your presence among other motorists in night.
- 5.Windproof motorcycle jacket is good for all 4 seasons,for cold weather motorcycle jacket keep the thickened cotton liner attached,in hot summer weather simply remove the liner.
- Shoulder & Elbow Protector : Safetech CE Level 2 Certified
- Neoprene on Collar & Cuffs for Added Comfort
- Reflective Stripes for Night Visibility
- Swappable Colour Swatches With 5 Unique Colours
- 3 Water Resistant Pockets
Things to Consider When Buying a Motorcycle Jacket
It is only natural to want the best things in life. This buying guide is for new motorbike owners that want the best motorcycle jacket for protection and people that want to replace or upgrade their motorcycle jackets.
We’ve compiled a list of all the things you should know and consider to place you in a better position to buy the best motorcycle jacket for your needs:
Motorcycle jackets are either leather-made or textile-made. But how do you determine which material is ideal for you? One thing we know for sure is that the choice of material greatly affects the performance of the jacket. Here is a rundown of the characteristics of each material to help you decide what you need:
- Leather: There are different classes of leather jackets. The leather may come from goat hide, cow skin, kangaroo hide, etc. Generally, jackets made from genuine leather are robust and offer excellent protection from injury. They are also easy to clean and maintain. One notable con with leather jackets is that they are generally denser than textile jackets. This means they are excellent in cold, wet conditions but rather poor in hot conditions.
- Textile: Nylon is the most widely used material in textile jackets for its ability to blend with materials such as Kevlar, Denier Cordura, and Armacor. These materials are incorporated in Nylon jackets to provide better insulation, breathability, and waterproofing. Generally, textile jackets are more versatile than leather ones. They are excellent in hot weather conditions but also perform well in cold, wet conditions.
- Hybrid: These jackets use a blend of leather and textile materials. They take the good aspects of both materials while negating all the negative aspects of the materials to produce the best motorcycle jacket.
Motorcycle collisions and accidents can lead to very serious injuries. For this reason, safety should be your number one priority when selecting a motorcycle jacket. We mentioned earlier that leather jackets offer more protection than textile ones.
This is because leather stretches more than nylon, therefore, it doesn’t tear as easily. Integrated armor and protectors are other important safety measures to look for in a motorcycle jacket.
Here are the factors that affect the comfort level of motorcycle jackets:
- Weight: Leather-made jackets are generally heavier than their textile counterparts due to their higher density. Textile-made jackets are ideal for racing and touring (long-distance travel) for their lightweight.
- Fit: Is the jacket a snug fit or loose fit? Generally, sport-oriented jackets fit snugly while touring jackets and commuter jackets fit loosely. Luckily most jackets come equipped with adjustable straps that allow you to adjust the fit based on your preference.
Here are the most sought-after features in motorcycle jackets:
- Zippers: Metallic zippers are sturdier and more durable than plastic ones. They should also be covered to protect them from moisture.
- Color: It is important to keep in mind that brightly colored jackets provide better visibility. Their reflective properties make it easier for other road users to spot you, especially at night.
- Removable Thermal Linings: Remove the linings whenever the temperature gets overbearingly hot.
- Mesh Ventilation Membrane: They increase air circulation in the jacket to prevent you from sweating.
- Pockets: More pockets allow you to carry more things. Interior pockets come in handy when carrying sensitive things such as your wallet.
Types of Motorcycle Jackets
Summer jackets are all about maximizing airflow. They are equipped with mesh ventilation membranes in strategic places such as the front, back, and underarm regions. The mesh vents allow air to enter the front and leave at the back to reduce the buildup of heat. Summer jackets are also equipped with removable thermal linings to reduce heat retention.
Unlike summer jackets, winter jackets are all about heat retention. They can either have a fabric or leather exterior. Regardless of the material, their exterior is waterproof to keep out all moisture. On the interior, winter jackets use soft but dense materials such as viscose for maximum heat insulation.
Also known as 3-in1 jackets. As their name suggests, they are a multi-purpose jacket that can be worn all year long. Their versatility allows you to adjust them based on the weather conditions. They can be worn as a light jacket in summer or a heavy jacket in winter or as a sweatshirt jacket for different occasions.
These are jackets you wear on weekends when cruising around in our motorbike. The main traits of these jackets are that they are fashionable, comfortable and are mostly made of leather. However, nowadays you will find cruiser jackets made of fabric material for their superior ventilation during summer.
They are also known as touring jackets. Touring adventures involve tackling different terrain and weather conditions. For this reason, these jackets are larger and fit loosely to provide comfort on long journeys. Apart from comfort, these jackets are designed to provide maximum protection against impact.
They are also fully waterproof and highly breathable when riding through different climate regions. Touring jackets also allow addition or removal of under layers and are equipped with many pockets for carrying all your essential items.
Sports jackets are also known as racing jackets. They are mainly characterized by their aggressive-looking style and bright vibrant colors. When you visit a motorcycle race track, the chances are that you will catch a glimpse of these sports jackets.
These snug-fit jackets are designed to provide maximum safety and boost aerodynamics when racing at high speeds. Racing jackets are also characterized by their lack of pockets and their narrow fit openings on the neck, wrists, and waist.
Motocross jackets are also known as off-road jackets. They are quite similar to racing jackets with their snug fit, aggressive design and vibrant colors. Motocross jackets are perfect for dirt bikers.
They provide a high level of rigidity for maximum protection against high-speed impact – a common theme in the dirt biking sport.
You are unlikely to find a leather-made motocross jacket. They utilize textile material for its lightness and better breathability. Their outer shell is abrasive resistant while their interior is lined with impact-absorbing armor that protects the riders when they fall on gravel or rocky terrain.
Given the fact that off-road jackets are solely designed for protection, you won’t find things such as pockets, waterproofing, soft internal material, or any other unnecessary features.
Commuter jackets are pretty self-explanatory. They are jackets used by people who use bikes as their main transportation to their place of work or school. These jackets are ideal for busy city life and traffic. They are also known as crossover jackets.
They are designed to protect you and your clothes as you travel to and from work. Crossover jackets are lightweight and designed to fit loosely so as not to crumple clothes.
Another defining characteristic of commuter jackets is their flat conservative styling. Granted, some jackets look cool but no one will confuse you with a hardcore biker by simply wearing them. They can also be leather-made or fabric-made.
The good thing about them is that they are highly affordable regardless of the construction material. Lastly, they come with a bunch of interior and exterior pockets to provide ample space for carrying all your essentials to work.
Types of motorcycle jackets
Summer jackets aim to maximize air flow. They are equipped with mesh ventilation membranes at strategic points such as the front, back and axillary. Mesh vents allow air to enter the front and leave it at the back to reduce heat build-up. Summer jackets are also equipped with removable thermal liners to reduce heat retention.
Unlike summer jackets, winter jackets deal with heat retention. They can have a fabric or leather exterior. Regardless of the material, the exterior is water resistant to protect it from moisture. Inside, winter jackets use soft but dense materials such as viscose for maximum thermal insulation.
For all weather jackets
Also known as 3-in-1 jackets. As the name implies, they are a multi-purpose jacket that can be worn throughout the year. Its versatility allows you to adjust them according to weather conditions. They can be used as a light jacket in summer or a heavy jacket in winter or as a wool jacket for different occasions.
These are the jackets that you wear on weekends when you ride our bike. The main features of these jackets are fashion, comfort and most leather. However, today you will find cruise jackets made of woven material for superior ventilation during the summer.
They are also known as tourist jackets. Tourist adventures include addressing different terrain and weather conditions. For this reason, these jackets are larger and fit freely to offer comfort during long trips. In addition to comfort, these jackets are designed to offer maximum impact protection. They are also completely waterproof and highly breathable when driving in different climatic regions. Tourist jackets also allow you to add or remove underlying layers and are equipped with numerous pockets to carry all essential items.
Sports jackets are also known as racing jackets. They are characterized mainly by their aggressive style and bright and vivid colors. When you visit a race track for cyclists, you will probably see these sports jackets. These tight jackets are designed to offer maximum safety and increase aerodynamics when running at high speed. Racing jackets are also characterized by the lack of pockets and narrow openings in the neck, wrists and waist.
It is known as off-road jackets. It is also similar to racing jackets with their tight fit, aggressive design and bright colors. Motocross jackets are perfect for cross-country cyclists. They offer maximum protection against high speed impacts.
It is unlikely that you will find a leather motocross jacket. They use textile material for their lightness and better breathability. Its outer layer is resistant to abrasion, while the interior is covered with a shock-absorbing armor that protects cyclists when they fall on gravel or rocky terrain. Because off-road jackets are designed exclusively for protection, you won’t find things like pockets, waterproofing, soft interior material or other unnecessary features.
Commuter jackets are self-explanatory. They are jackets worn by people who use bicycles as their main means of transport to get to work or school. These jackets are ideal for city life and traffic. They are also known as crossed jackets. They are designed to protect you and your clothes while traveling to and from work. The crossed jackets are light and designed to fit comfortably and without wrinkles.
Another distinctive feature of commuter jackets is their flat and conservative style. All right, some jackets look great, but nobody will confuse you with an unconditional cyclist wearing them. They can also be in leather or fabric. The good thing about them is that they are very affordable regardless of the building material. Finally, they are equipped with numerous internal and external pockets to offer ample space to make everything necessary work.
We hope this list will help you choose the right jacket for you. Our list includes many options, some more functional and others more elegant than others. So you can look good and stay protected. One thing is certain, just as you should always use a lock to protect your bike, you have to wear a jacket to protect your body. So wear your new jacket, turn up the volume of your bike’s speakers and get out on the road!