A Best Motorcycle Riding Jackets is not just an elegant piece of clothing, it is an essential component of your safety equipment when driving. Whether you are riding a minivan or riding a full-size pig, having a suitable motorcycle jacket will keep you safer and more comfortable.
Finding the best motorcycle jacket for your travels means reading reviews, studying the product’s features and delving into the details of the styles and safety features available. With the right jacket for bikers, looking good while staying safe behind the handlebars can become a quick and exaggerated task.
We analyzed dozens of motorcycle riding jackets to identify the best of the best, based on Amazon’s analysis, their performance in tests, cost and other considerations. We limited our search to 5 of the best motorcycle riding jackets that motorcyclists can buy to ensure a safe and stylish ride.
Our Top Pick
10 Best Motorcycle Riding Jackets Review
- Off-road activity armor suit
- Introduction: Motorcycle rider's cross-country activity armor suit, the most important thing is that the waist can also be moved, the fish phosphorus carapace detachable shoulder and elbow protector is designed with high-strength wear-resistant nylon material, the chest is a large area compression pad, and the chest is added The front breathable net, thick pads on both sides of the waist, can be used to protect the shoulders, elbows, chest, back, waist and other important parts during riding.
- WATERPROOF LINING; Removable waterproof liner.
- DOUBLE ARMOR SYSTEM; External shoulders and elbows armor attached with the jacket PLUS internal 5PC removable armor in elbows, shoulders and back.
- ALL SEASON JACKET; Made of Ultra Breathable abrasion resistant light weight poly mesh and Cordura.
- Please check the size in detailed page before you buy
- 600D polyester textile and mesh jacket for durability and comfort I Full mesh lining
- Removable Thermal liner I Outer Rain Liner ( Can be worn as a stand-alone jacket )
- XY Armour for Shoulder and Elbow: CE EN-1621:1- Level 2 Approved (T+ T- ) I Safetech back Protectors CE EN1621-2:2014 – Level 2 Approved
- Sliders on Shoulder for added Protection I Comes with EVA Foam Chest Pad as Default
- World famous YKK zippers I Reflective Stripes is used on the front and rear of the jacket for safety
- Suitable for all-day rides with 100% Polyester outer shell
- CE Level 1 protection for shoulders, elbows and back
- Cordura denim for added comfort and durability
- Back shock absorbent with EVA foam
- [IMPACT PROTECTION]: Safe-Tech CE Level 2 Shoulder, Elbow and Back protectors. Powertector CE Level 2 chest protector.
- [VENTILATION]: 5 super-ventilated 3D mesh panels for maximum ventilation
- [ABRASION RESISTANCE]: 600D PU coated polyester shell with DWR coating [INCREASED VISIBILITY]: Retro-reflective panels on chest, arms and back
- [FIT & COMFORT]: Girth adjusters on waist, arms and cuffs. Soft Neoprene trims on collar and cuffs prevent SKIN chafing. 2 side pockets + 1 stash pocket. Jacket-to-pants connection zipper for added slide protection
- [WINGMAN INSURANCE]: Get a complimentary personal accident insurance cover of INR 50,000/- for 1 year (T&C apply) [WHAT’S INCLUDED]: 1 primary jacket shell, 2 shoulder protectors, 2 elbow protectors, 1 back protector, 1 pair chest protector
- Heavy duty 100% 600DN polyester Fabric to insure the maximum Strength and Durability
- 100 % Polyester cool mesh with greater air ventilation system.
- Titanium knuckle on shoulder for more protection
- Hard EVA Foam chest padding added
- 3M reflective is added on shoulder, front and back side for maximum visibility
- Hakkit Lite Is The Most City Oriented Product In The Range Of Ulka Gear Mesh Jackets; Perfect On City Rides, And Convertible To A Backpack.
- Technical Features : Jacket Convertible To Backpack Outer Fabric In Light Abrasion Resistant 400D Cordura With Reinforcements On Shoulders And Elbows. Two Front Pockets 2 Inside Pockets. Full Mesh In Areas Where You Need Ventilations. All Ykk Zippers
- Safety : Removable Protectors On Shoulder And Back. Ce Certified En 1621-1:2012. Shock Absorbent Epva Foam Back Protector (Can Be Upgraded Ce Level 2 Back Protector Sold Separately)
- Comfort : Fixed Lining With Anti-Wick Material. Suitable For All-Day Rides With 100% Polyester Outer Shell; Ergonomics: Accordion Stick On Shoulder And Elbow Area. Well-Fitted For Each Size.
- Sleeve Type: Long Sleeve; Color Name: Black
- Cordura/Mesh frame
- Reflective Prints
- Level 1 Protectors
- YKK zippers
- Bike/Scooter Water Proof Coated Unisex Rain Coat with carry bag
- Double Layer Inner and outer Layer made form Durable Water impermeable Polyester
- Size WILL FIT TO L/M Shirt wearing people
- Reliable performance
- Attractive pricing
- Care Instructions: Machine Wash
- High ventilation mesh jacket for maximum air flow
- Lightweight & water resistant detachable AquaTech 9T external rain liner
- YKK loop with military grade nylon webbing for adjustable fit
- Full suite of CE certified Level 2 armours at the shoulder, elbow and back
- The Royal Enfield Streetwind V2 jacket is a abrasion resistant protective jacket made for your everyday adventures. The ventilated outer shell construction is engineered to allow efficient air flow within the jacket and help you keep cool during those long summer hauls. Equipped with premium high abrasion resistance mesh and armor protectors in the shoulder and elbow make it an ideal choice for the urban enthusiasts.
- Construction: 90% of jacket is high abrasion resistant Polyester Mesh and 10% 600 D polyester; Abrasion Resistant: Premium high abrasion resistant mesh with high air permeability; Layers : 1 ; Impact Protection: Knox flexiform Level 1 armors for shoulder and elbow ; Perforated Eva Foa at the back; Fit: Regular ; Ventilation - 90% mesh makes it fully ventilated Adjustment tabs on cuffs, waist, biceps and forearms; Reflective with leather applique branding at chest;
- Genuine YKK zippers at centre front Cushioned comfort collar;
- 2 front pocket with zippers;
- Remove protective armours Close all zippers before washing Machine wash warm Do not use any fabric softeners or bleach Do not wring Do not iron Hang dry in the shade and away from any sort of heat source
Things to Consider When Buying a Motorcycle Riding Jacket
It is only natural to want the best things in life. This buying guide is for new motorbike owners that want the best motorcycle riding jacket for protection and people that want to replace or upgrade their motorcycle jackets.
We’ve compiled a list of all the things you should know and consider to place you in a better position to buy the best motorcycle jacket for your needs:
Motorcycle jackets are either leather-made or textile-made. But how do you determine which material is ideal for you? One thing we know for sure is that the choice of material greatly affects the performance of the jacket. Here is a rundown of the characteristics of each material to help you decide what you need:
- Leather: There are different classes of leather jackets. The leather may come from goat hide, cow skin, kangaroo hide, etc. Generally, jackets made from genuine leather are robust and offer excellent protection from injury. They are also easy to clean and maintain. One notable con with leather jackets is that they are generally denser than textile jackets. This means they are excellent in cold, wet conditions but rather poor in hot conditions.
- Textile: Nylon is the most widely used material in textile jackets for its ability to blend with materials such as Kevlar, Denier Cordura, and Armacor. These materials are incorporated in Nylon jackets to provide better insulation, breathability, and waterproofing. Generally, textile jackets are more versatile than leather ones. They are excellent in hot weather conditions but also perform well in cold, wet conditions.
- Hybrid: These jackets use a blend of leather and textile materials. They take the good aspects of both materials while negating all the negative aspects of the materials to produce the best motorcycle jacket.
Motorcycle collisions and accidents can lead to very serious injuries. For this reason, safety should be your number one priority when selecting a motorcycle riding jackets. We mentioned earlier that leather jackets offer more protection than textile ones.
This is because leather stretches more than nylon, therefore, it doesn’t tear as easily. Integrated armor and protectors are other important safety measures to look for in a motorcycle jacket.
Here are the factors that affect the comfort level of motorcycle jackets:
- Weight: Leather-made jackets are generally heavier than their textile counterparts due to their higher density. Textile-made jackets are ideal for racing and touring (long-distance travel) for their lightweight.
- Fit: Is the jacket a snug fit or loose fit? Generally, sport-oriented jackets fit snugly while touring jackets and commuter jackets fit loosely. Luckily most jackets come equipped with adjustable straps that allow you to adjust the fit based on your preference.
Here are the most sought-after features in motorcycle jackets:
- Zippers: Metallic zippers are sturdier and more durable than plastic ones. They should also be covered to protect them from moisture.
- Color: It is important to keep in mind that brightly colored jackets provide better visibility. Their reflective properties make it easier for other road users to spot you, especially at night.
- Removable Thermal Linings: Remove the linings whenever the temperature gets overbearingly hot.
- Mesh Ventilation Membrane: They increase air circulation in the jacket to prevent you from sweating.
- Pockets: More pockets allow you to carry more things. Interior pockets come in handy when carrying sensitive things such as your wallet.
Read Also – 8 Best Tyre Inflators with Detailed Buying Guide ( 2021)
Types of Motorcycle Riding Jackets
Summer jackets are all about maximizing airflow. They are equipped with mesh ventilation membranes in strategic places such as the front, back, and underarm regions. The mesh vents allow air to enter the front and leave at the back to reduce the buildup of heat. Summer jackets are also equipped with removable thermal linings to reduce heat retention.
Unlike summer jackets, winter jackets are all about heat retention. They can either have a fabric or leather exterior. Regardless of the material, their exterior is waterproof to keep out all moisture. On the interior, winter jackets use soft but dense materials such as viscose for maximum heat insulation.
Also known as 3-in1 jackets. As their name suggests, they are a multi-purpose jacket that can be worn all year long. Their versatility allows you to adjust them based on the weather conditions. They can be worn as a light jacket in summer or a heavy jacket in winter or as a sweatshirt jacket for different occasions.
These are jackets you wear on weekends when cruising around in our motorbike. The main traits of these jackets are that they are fashionable, comfortable and are mostly made of leather. However, nowadays you will find cruiser jackets made of fabric material for their superior ventilation during summer.
They are also known as touring jackets. Touring adventures involve tackling different terrain and weather conditions. For this reason, these jackets are larger and fit loosely to provide comfort on long journeys. Apart from comfort, these jackets are designed to provide maximum protection against impact.
They are also fully waterproof and highly breathable when riding through different climate regions. Touring jackets also allow addition or removal of under layers and are equipped with many pockets for carrying all your essential items.
Sports jackets are also known as racing jackets. They are mainly characterized by their aggressive-looking style and bright vibrant colors. When you visit a motorcycle race track, the chances are that you will catch a glimpse of these sports jackets.
These snug-fit jackets are designed to provide maximum safety and boost aerodynamics when racing at high speeds. Racing jackets are also characterized by their lack of pockets and their narrow fit openings on the neck, wrists, and waist.
Motocross jackets are also known as off-road jackets. They are quite similar to racing jackets with their snug fit, aggressive design and vibrant colors. Motocross jackets are perfect for dirt bikers.
They provide a high level of rigidity for maximum protection against high-speed impact – a common theme in the dirt biking sport.
You are unlikely to find a leather-made motocross jacket. They utilize textile material for its lightness and better breathability. Their outer shell is abrasive resistant while their interior is lined with impact-absorbing armor that protects the riders when they fall on gravel or rocky terrain.
Given the fact that off-road jackets are solely designed for protection, you won’t find things such as pockets, waterproofing, soft internal material, or any other unnecessary features.
Commuter jackets are pretty self-explanatory. They are jackets used by people who use bikes as their main transportation to their place of work or school. These jackets are ideal for busy city life and traffic. They are also known as crossover jackets.
They are designed to protect you and your clothes as you travel to and from work. Crossover jackets are lightweight and designed to fit loosely so as not to crumple clothes.
Another defining characteristic of commuter jackets is their flat conservative styling. Granted, some jackets look cool but no one will confuse you with a hardcore biker by simply wearing them. They can also be leather-made or fabric-made.
The good thing about them is that they are highly affordable regardless of the construction material. Lastly, they come with a bunch of interior and exterior pockets to provide ample space for carrying all your essentials to work.
Types of motorcycle jackets
Summer jackets aim to maximize air flow. They are equipped with mesh ventilation membranes at strategic points such as the front, back and axillary. Mesh vents allow air to enter the front and leave it at the back to reduce heat build-up. Summer jackets are also equipped with removable thermal liners to reduce heat retention.
Unlike summer jackets, winter jackets deal with heat retention. They can have a fabric or leather exterior. Regardless of the material, the exterior is water resistant to protect it from moisture. Inside, winter jackets use soft but dense materials such as viscose for maximum thermal insulation.
For all weather jackets
Also known as 3-in-1 jackets. As the name implies, they are a multi-purpose jacket that can be worn throughout the year. Its versatility allows you to adjust them according to weather conditions. They can be used as a light jacket in summer or a heavy jacket in winter or as a wool jacket for different occasions.
These are the jackets that you wear on weekends when you ride our bike. The main features of these jackets are fashion, comfort and most leather. However, today you will find cruise jackets made of woven material for superior ventilation during the summer.
They are also known as tourist jackets. Tourist adventures include addressing different terrain and weather conditions. For this reason, these jackets are larger and fit freely to offer comfort during long trips. In addition to comfort, these jackets are designed to offer maximum impact protection. They are also completely waterproof and highly breathable when driving in different climatic regions. Tourist jackets also allow you to add or remove underlying layers and are equipped with numerous pockets to carry all essential items.
Sports jackets are also known as racing jackets. They are characterized mainly by their aggressive style and bright and vivid colors. When you visit a race track for cyclists, you will probably see these sports jackets. These tight jackets are designed to offer maximum safety and increase aerodynamics when running at high speed. Racing jackets are also characterized by the lack of pockets and narrow openings in the neck, wrists and waist.
It is known as off-road jackets. It is also similar to racing jackets with their tight fit, aggressive design and bright colors. Motocross jackets are perfect for cross-country cyclists. They offer maximum protection against high speed impacts.
It is unlikely that you will find a leather motocross jacket. They use textile material for their lightness and better breathability. Its outer layer is resistant to abrasion, while the interior is covered with a shock-absorbing armor that protects cyclists when they fall on gravel or rocky terrain. Because off-road jackets are designed exclusively for protection, you won’t find things like pockets, waterproofing, soft interior material or other unnecessary features.
Commuter jackets are self-explanatory. They are jackets worn by people who use bicycles as their main means of transport to get to work or school. These jackets are ideal for city life and traffic. They are also known as crossed jackets. They are designed to protect you and your clothes while traveling to and from work. The crossed jackets are light and designed to fit comfortably and without wrinkles.
Another distinctive feature of commuter jackets is their flat and conservative style. All right, some jackets look great, but nobody will confuse you with an unconditional cyclist wearing them. They can also be in leather or fabric. The good thing about them is that they are very affordable regardless of the building material. Finally, they are equipped with numerous internal and external pockets to offer ample space to make everything necessary work.
We hope this list will help you choose the right jacket for you. Our list includes many options, some more functional and others more elegant than others. So you can look good and stay protected. One thing is certain, just as you should always use a lock to protect your bike, you have to wear a jacket to protect your body. So wear your new jacket, turn up the volume of your bike’s speakers and get out on the road!
Read Also – Best tyre inflator for car and motorcycle, Keeping a sturdy heavy-duty tyre inflator.
Leave a Comment