In the midst of the hassles of our life, we often ignore the little necessities of our life. Most of us spend our time in office chairs and juggle deadlines. But have we ever paid attention to how important a decent quality office chair is to us? They are most likely a bit more expensive than usual, but you can’t overlook that it is a generally excellent undertaking for your physical and psychological well-being.
Ask why …? At the time, look at it this way: According to an ongoing review, people spend 40 to 45 hours a week sitting in office work areas. All in all, if you consider it more than a year, spend around 2080 hours.
Sitting for long periods of time in an imprecise position, hunched shoulders, and hip strain can cause back pain, sciatica, and other problems. Which ultimately shows that comfort when working or sitting for long periods of time is a must. In addition, it also improves your profitability.
Well, with so many alternatives and proposals around, it is often disconcerting to know which one is the best. In case you find yourself in a similar circumstance, read our “Office Chair Buying Guide” as it contains all the necessary information to choose the correct one according to your needs (since each one has its own special needs). It contains data such as height, ergonomics and some others.
Our Top Pick
10 Best Office Chair Review
- ● 🇮🇳 Made in India 🇮🇳 COMFORTABLE - Thanks to this state-of-the-art office chair’s numerous adjustable features you can be assured of finding a comfortable seating position just for you. You can adjust the height and angle.
- ● EASY TO INSTALL ASSEMBLY REQUIRED - Assembly Instruction provided in the box Simple instructions enable anyone to put this executive chair together in simple steps! Then once built you’ll be able to adjust the chair to your individual needs. The chair’s pneumatic controls will let you raise or lower the seat and tilt back the backrest or sit straight up. You can easily find the ergonomic position that will allow you to work comfortably for long periods of time.
- ● FOAM PADDED - Featuring A Padded Seat As Well As The Back, It Allows All-Day Comfort And Support Office Chairs With Back Support. Having Comfortable Arm Rests, This Executive Office Boardroom Chair Is Safe And Durable To Use - A Worthy Accessory To Invest In Office Chairs.
- ● BACK SUPPORT - Have back issues or don’t want to develop them? This adjustable office chair includes Cushion Foam Padded support and a recline feature that allows you to tilt the backrest back or sit straight. Now you can quickly find a position that makes your back feel the most comfortable!
- ● HIGHEST QUALITY - This adjustable task chair is made to last. It is made from the highest quality materials, including a soft cushion seat, sturdy arm and caster wheels that allow you to move easily across the office floor. Tilt Mode: The rocking mode allows increased relaxation, pull the lever outwards to recline and push it inwards to stop. | Height Adjustment: Pneumatic control makes it easier to raise or lower the seat. Maximum weight capacity: 90 KG | Height Suitability: 5ft - 5ft.10"
- Office chair with pneumatic gas lift for height adjustment and 360 degree swivel
- The Chair Is Packed & Dispatched In Semi Assembled Condition Further Assembly Is Very Easy & No Tool Is Required Pl. See Assembly Instructions In Images.
- Warranty:1 YEAR manufacturer warranty
- Revolving office chair with many adjustable features
- Apex Chairs Original Office Chair Suitable For All Purposes & For Long Day Siting. Netted Fabric Used For Back And Netted Foam Fabric For Seat Which Enables A Person To Sit Without Sweating For Hours.
- Product Dimensions: Length (22 Inches), Width (24 Inches) & Height (35 to 40 Inches)
- Assembly required: DO-IT-YOURSELF (Toolkit & assembly instruction provided in the package).CONTACT NO IS MENTIONED IN THE PARCEL IN CASE OF ANY DIFFICULTIES
- Primary Material: Ergonomic Co Polymer chair with black contoured meshback, Strong Plastic Armrest, Heavy Duty Plastic Umbrella Shape Base, Pneumatic 5-inch-seat height adjustment & 2-inch-thick padded seat for day long comfort
- Warranty: 12 Months Warranty against breakage/manufacturing defects. Tested good for 100 kg maximum weight capacity
- ★★IMPROVE YOUR POSTURE - The DAURBAN home office chair is ideal for those who sit for long hours in the office or at home. The bonded leather lumbar support will make you feel comfortable. Sit comfortably in the center of the seat cushion and relax your back. Let the excellent quality backrest of the DAURBAN chair to do the rest for you. Tilt back and you will soon realize that it feels like sitting on a comfortable sofa.
- ★★ROLL AT THE OFFICE - Our ergonomic desk chair comes with extra flexibility. Simply lean back into your new work chair and find the recline angle suitable to your needs. With the DAURBAN desktop chair, you can rock back and forth with unbelievable ease thanks to the advanced tilt mechanism. The tilt tension knob placed underneath the seat will help you adjust the flexibility of rocking back in your chair at your preferable level.
- ★★GET ALL THE LUXURY YOU DESERVE - The fine-quality materials used in the production of then DAURBAN rolling chair are what we take pride in. We are not talking about another desk chair with wheels, we are making a statement.
- ★★FULLY ADJUSTABLE: The chair easily swivels 360 degrees to get the maximum use of your workspace without strain. This office chair features with tilt function and adjustable seat, you could rock the chair back or adjust the seat height to get your desired posture. An excellent chair accommodates for all workplaces like home, office, conference room and reception rooms.
- ★★Dimension of the chair - Chair Height- 35inch Back Height- 19inch Seat Width - 19inch Seat Length - 16inch Seat Height- 18inch Weight of the chair- 15KG.
- ★★EASY AS 123 - DIY Assemble this comfortable chair in just a few simple steps. Easy to follow instruction guide will help you through the assembly process so you can enjoy the comfort and benefits this chair brings in no time! No heavy duty tools required.
- Product Dimensions: Length (64 cm), Width (61 cm), Height (102.5 cm)
- Primary Material: Material: Back: Low Back - Mesh Fabric
- Color: Black, Finish: Matte, Style: Modern
- Assembly Required: The product requires basic assembly and comes with assembly instructions
- Assembly Required: The product requires basic assembly and comes with assembly instructions;
- Coirfit Smart Office Mid Back Mesh Chair (Black)
- ★ 🇮🇳 Made in India 🇮🇳
- ★ Comfort & Material: The breathable mesh back & thick moulded foam seat with fabric material on this office chair provides support while also eliminating heat and moisture build-up to keep your whole body cool and comfortable
- ★ Tilt Mode: The rocking mode allows increased relaxation, pull the lever outwards to recline and push it inwards to stop.
- ★ Height Adjustment: Pneumatic control makes it easier to raise or lower the seat
- ★ Armrest: Fibre material | Swivel: 360º swivel | Wheels: 50mm wheels | Base: Metal
- ★ 🇮🇳 Made in India 🇮🇳 Comfort & Material: The High Quality Soft foam on the Back & Thick Moulded foam on the seat with fabric upholstery on this office chair provides support while also eliminating heat and moisture build-up to keep your whole body cool and comfortable.
- ★ Tilt Mode: The rocking mode allows increased relaxation, pull the lever outwards to recline and push it inwards to stop. | Height Adjustment: Pneumatic control makes it easier to raise or lower the seat
- ★ Armrest: Fibre material | Swivel: 360º swivel | Wheels: 50mm wheels
- ★ Maximum weight capacity: 90 kgs | Height Suitability: 5ft - 5ft.10"
- ★ Assembly: Requires basic assembly check the video here http://gnsl.in/Seoul-x-assembly | Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer's Professional and Hassle-Free Warranty.
- Product Highlights: (2 inch) thick padded seat for long hours comfort, Pneumatic Hydraulic for (5 inch) seat Height adjustment, Breathable contoured Mesh back, Ergonomically designed parts such as: strong plastic Armrest and heavy duty metal Base.
- Product Dimensions: It measures (17 inch) by (17 inch) by (36 to 41 inch) (LxWxH).
- Maximum weight capacity: 105 Kgs.
- Warranty: 1 year Limited Warranty as per this clear brand policy: http://bit.ly/2X1eJw4 .
- Assembly Required: It's a Do-it-Yourself type Installation (Installation instruction provided in the package). In case you need help, please contact seller customer care(given below) for helpful videos and call support.
- Size: 26 inch
- With wheels included
- Apex industries and Cloudtail India are only real sellers rest all are fake. Please dont buy fakes Buy only from Apex or Cloudtail
- Product Dimensions: Length (22 Inches), Width (24 Inches) & Height (35 to 40 Inches).
- Primary Material: Ergonomic Co Polymer chair with black contoured meshback, Strong Plastic Armrest, Heavy Duty Plastic Umbrella Shape Base, Pneumatic 5-inch-seat height adjustment & 2-inch-thick padded seat for day long comfort.,Color: Black with certain silver colored parts.
- Assembly required: Do-it-yourself. (Toolkit & assembly instruction provided in the package).
What Kind of Ergonomic Office Chair is Best?
There are many types of ergonomic chairs available for use in the office. No one type of office chair is necessarily the best, but there are some things that are very important to look for in a good ergonomic office chair. These things will allow the individual user to make the chair work well for his or her specific needs.
This article will examine the traditional office chair, as well as alternatives that can be used as an office chair that may be preferable for some people with back problems.
What Features Should a Good Ergonomic Office Chair Possess?
In first considering the “conventional” style of office chair, there are a number of things an ergonomic chair should have, including.
Seat height. Office chair seat height should be easily adjustable. A pneumatic adjustment lever is the easiest way to do this. A seat height that ranges from about 16 to 21 inches off the floor should work for most people. This allows the user to have his or her feet flat on the floor, with thighs horizontal and arms even with the height of the desk.
Seat width and depth. The seat should have enough width and depth to support any user comfortably. Usually 17-20 inches wide is the standard. The depth (from front to back of the seat) needs to be enough so that the user can sit with his or her back against the backrest of the ergonomic office chair while leaving approximately 2 to 4 inches between the back of the knees and the seat of the chair. The forward or backward tilt of the seat should be adjustable.
Lumbar support. Lower back support in an ergonomic chair is very important. The lumbar spine has an inward curve, and sitting for long periods without support for this curve tends to lead to slouching (which flattens the natural curve) and strains the structures in the lower spine. An ergonomic chair should have a lumbar adjustment (both height and depth) so each user can get the proper fit to support the inward curve of the lower back.
Backrest. The backrest of an ergonomic office chair should be 12 to 19 inches wide. If the backrest is separate from the seat, it should be adjustable in height and angle. It should be able to support the natural curve of the spine, again with special attention paid to proper support of the lumbar region. If the office chair has the seat and backrest together as one piece, the backrest should be adjustable in forward and back angles, with a locking mechanism to secure it from going too far backward once the user has determined the appropriate angle.
Seat material. The material on the office chair seat and back should have enough padding to be comfortable to sit on for extended periods of time. Having a cloth fabric that breathes is preferable to a harder surface.
- Armrests. Office chair armrests should be adjustable. They should allow the user’s arms to rest comfortably and shoulders to be relaxed. The elbows and lower arms should rest lightly, and the forearm should not be on the armrest while typing.
- Swivel. Any conventional style or ergonomic chair should easily rotate so the user can reach different areas of his or her desk without straining.
Buyers guide: Choosing the right chair for you
Your office chair needs to support you through long hours of hard work and look good doing it. Because everyone’s physiology and needs are different, however, there are many different types of chairs—for example, you’ll see big and wide chairs for maximum office presence, mesh chairs for support and breath ability, and luxury leather chairs that are plush and decadent. Choosing which is best for you will depend on what you need from a chair. If ergonomics is your end goal, a modern mesh selection may work for you. However, if your chair needs to match your traditional office style, leaning towards a leather option may be a better choice.
If you’re looking for a marketplace that has reliable reviews, a vast variety of choices as well as differing price ranges to suit your personal budget—Amazon is likely your best bet. When you’re examining your options, keep the different available features in mind. Modern office chairs can recline, have casters which protect your floors, easily customisable heights and excellent support for your spine. It’s important to keep an eye out for all of these characteristics when sourcing the best office chair.
How to Choose the Chair for Your Office?
For many of us, purchasing an office chair may seem a very simple task. But trust me, not all chair are suitable for your health. While buying it, you have to consider several factors like ergonomics, fabric and others. We have assorted all the information in detail for your convenience…
1. Lumbar support
Does it have a solid, cushioned lumbar support for the lower back? If yes, is it adjustable? Back strain is one of the most common complaints of wrong posture while sitting in an uncomfortable chair. So, make sure the office chair has excellent upper and middle back support. Usually, 12” to 19” wide back rest is recommended. It should also support the natural curve of your back. Avoid purchasing an ergonomic chair that doesn’t recline. Reclining helps to move your muscles and distribute the weight among others.
2. Seat height & other adjustments
Most of the office chairs available today have adjustable seat heights, which can be controlled using a lever. For example: a person with height between 5’0” to 6’4” can comfortable sit on a chair with 15” to 22” height. Apart from that, it is a good idea to opt for a chair that offers additional adjustable features such as head rest angle, arm rest height, back tilting/reclining angle and the like. This helps in stretching your body and changing posture every now and then to keep your muscles relaxed while sitting for long hours. Avoid purchasing chairs that don’t offer any kind of adjustability.
3. Seat Width and Depth
The seating of an office chair should have appropriate width as well as depth to provide adequate support. Usually, 17 – 20 inches is calculated as standard size. The depth of the chair has to be in such a way that the user can sit properly with his back resting on the chair. And there should be a gap of approximately 2 – 4 inches between the seat and back of knees.
It is better to have adjustable armrests. They should allow the user to rest the arms comfortably and relax the shoulders. The elbows and lower arms should be relaxed, forearm should not rest on it while working or typing.
5. Fabric & cushioning
Though breathable mesh-like fabrics work well in warm environments, some people prefer additional padding/cushioning for their backs while working for long days. It is important to pick the right option which suits your body well. Low quality foam can easily sag or break down quickly which makes your seating uncomfortable. Improperly aligned padding can cause misalignments in the hips and lumbar area. So, make sure the chair has high quality memory foam cushioning.
6. Castor wheels & swivel base
A majority of office chairs come equipped with 4-5 castor wheels. These help in easy movement across wooden or tiled floors of offices. A simple task such as leaning towards a nearby colleague or reaching out to the next desk to pick up an object becomes simpler with castor wheels and a swivel base on your chair.
7. A solid warranty
As you will be using them daily and for many long hours, the office chair has to be sturdy enough to handle it. This is often represented by a warranty – the more, the merrier. Some high models provide warranty on almost all the parts of the chair. While some of them don’t provide warranty of standard wear and tear.
How to Analyze the Office Chair While trying it On?
Before purchasing an office chair, you should always try it on for at least 15 – 30 minutes. Many brands let their customers sit in them and decide which one suits their needs. When you are trying out the chair, look out the following things…
- Backrest should follow the natural curve of the spine till the lower back. Backrest should also recline and adjust as per your need.
- Your knees should be at angle of 90 degrees. If not, it should be adjustable to achieve the same.
- Arm rests should be close to your body as it helps the shoulders to relax. They have to be adjustable and exactly match the height of the desk. This will ensure, no strain is placed on the shoulders.
- In order to get enough support, the back of the chair should either come in the middle or above the shoulders.
- The seating should be long enough such that 2 – 3 fingers should perfectly fit between the chair and knee.
- The cushioning or padding should be of memory foam. If not the cushioning wears out very quickly.
Some Frequently Asked Questions?
1. Presently I am using an office chair. I didn’t check out much about its capability as per my requirements while purchasing it. How to know if this office chair suits me one or not?
There are few signs you can analyze to known if your chair is appropriate for you or not. We have mentioned them below.
* If you are getting pain then it’s not for you. Our bodies are not designed to sustain an incorrect position for longer periods of time. In fact pain is an indication provided by your body for the same. If your chair ergonomics suit you then you will feel comfortable even when sitting for long period of time.
* If it has been more than 5 years then it’s time for a change. The average lifespan of cushioning and support of an office chair is 5 years. After that it doesn’t provide enough support to your back or lumbar region. If you are chair is ragged, the material is worn out or has any physical issues then it can throw out your posture.
* If your office chair doesn’t provide any lumbar support then it is better to replace it as soon as possible. If there is no proper lumbar support then the muscles force the lumbar region out of the natural curve, which adds pressure on the discs and reduces blood supply. The constant exertion leads to muscle fatigue as well.
* Actually when you sit on an office chair, your knees should be exactly in 90 degrees. Anything apart from that is not a good posture. To avoid, you can keep the feet on the floor or footrest. Adjust the backrest to support the low and mid back.2. What is the best office chair to buy?
Amazon has come to the top of the market thanks to its focus on customer satisfaction. The Amazonbasics office chair is a chair that is sold by Amazon itself as part of its basics home appliances division. Apart from being stylish, smooth, soft and incredibly comfortable to sit, this chair has 360 degrees spin and a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty and very economically priced.3. What is the best office chair for sitting long hours?
The Green Soul Vienna Executive Office Chair comes with a high enough for a person of any height and is contoured perfectly to make sure that you can sit for very long hours without any discomfort. The extra padding on both the seats and the sitting area add to the comfort levels of the chairs.4. How much does a good office chair cost?
A good quality office chair with all the different amenities and comfort should cost you about 7000-8000 rupees. This would give you at least a year’s warranty along with a great deal of comforts and luxuries.
However, you can also get a chair for as low as 2000 or 3000 but this one would not have the comfort or luxury as that of a padded and reclining office chair.5. What are the most comfortable office chairs?
All Office chairs come with a standard lumbar support but premium quality office chairs come with cushioning and padding to this lumbar supports.
Padded office chairs are considered to be the best type of office chairs because apart from having the typical height adjustments and lumbard facilities, they also have the padded cushioning.6. Should my office chair have armrests?
Ofcourse. Office Chairs are usually bought with the intent of letting you sit comfortably for longer hours of time. In such cases, seats with constraining or no arm rests are a hard pass on comfort.
Always choose an office chair with armrests. Padded and cushioned arm rests are always a win.7. What is the best chair for sitting all day?
While any chair is comfortable to sit, a chair with enough padding and lumbar support structure feels comfortable to sit for longer durations of time. This is why all office chairs are made with lumbar support and cushion padding to them along with a height adjustment parameter.8. Are mesh chairs comfortable?
Mesh chairs are comfortable to sit and snuggle about but only for a certain duration of time. Also, mesh chairs are as durable as the frame they are placed in. Given the nature of a mesh, it will stretch and sag over time and this will give you discomfort while you move about.
Hence try to look for a chair that has some sort of upholstery padded onto it for better and luxury comfort.9. What is the best lumbar support for office chair?
There is no definitive answer to which lumbar support as the definition of sitting comfort varies from individual to individual depending on their preferences. But on an overall, memory foam based lumbar is good and it offers good comfort all while conforming to your posture.10. Are expensive office chairs worth it?
Yes and No. This depends on your definition of expensive. If the chair is expensive because it has a superior lumbar support, good height adjustment capabilities and high quality upholstery, then yes, it is worth it. But if it is expensive just for the sake of it, then no, it is not worth it.11. Which type of chair is best for sciatica and posture?
Students and working professionals face this problem of back ache due to irregular sitting patterns and sciatica. While a chair can provide you with comfort, it can also prevent any posture related injuries or predicaments. For better results, buy a chair with good lumbar support and upholstery padding to the back and the bottom of the seats.12. Are gaming chairs better than office chairs?
Simply put, an office chair is to let you sit comfortably and type into a computer or just write. A study chair is similar too but with minor additions.
A gaming chair is entirely built to improve and support your focus so you an immerse into your gaming. All the sides of the chair will support the majority of your body parts such as legs, hips, shoulders and most importantly, your neck. They will aid in making sure that you have a comfortable yet safe posture while you are gaming.
But these chairs may not be comfortable for people who frequently get up and go about their workplace.
So depending on your requirement, you chair choice should change.13. What is lumbar support in office chairs?
Lumbar Support refers to the soft padded support structure that is given to the lower back to conform to the shape of the back so as to provide comfort and maintain the posture. This will further prevent injuries and soothe back aches too.14. What is the best seat cushion for sciatica?
Sciatic nerves in the lower back can be tedious to deal with and sitting makes the most of the problems come up.
You can either pick a good office chair for this or probably buy a cushion to soothe and help with the pain. Either way, make sure that the cushion upholstery you are buying is memory foam and not coir based. This will aid in the back pain and alleviate it.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I know if my office chair is the right one?
The following points should help you decide whether the office chair is the perfect one or not.
An ergonomic office chair should provide you with maximum comfort. If you experience inconvenience and pain when sitting for extended periods, it is time to change your office chair.
Generally, office chairs come with a lifespan of five to six years, depending on how you use it. A good-quality cushion can last for six years. It is better to change the chair if it has over-lived its utility.
An uncomfortable office chair does not provide adequate lumbar support. If you feel frequent pain in your lower back area, it is time to switch over to a new chair. An ill-fitting chair adds pressure on the discs and decreases blood supply.2. Should I purchase a chair without armrests?
An office chair is a place where you sit for long periods. You need armrests to support your arms. Chairs in office canteens, restaurants, and recreation clubs do not need armrests. An office chair should have padded and cushioned armrests to provide the highest degree of comfort.3. Which chair is more comfortable, a mesh chair, or a cushioned chair?
Both these chairs have their merits and demerits. A mesh chair is advantageous because it allows free movement of air. However, the mesh can sag and stretch over a period. It can cause discomfort. The cushioned chairs do not allow air circulation. Hence, they can heat up quickly. However, they provide excellent comfort to your spine and are comfortable to use for extended periods.4. What are the attributes of an excellent ergonomic office chair?
The most significant attribute of an ergonomic office chair is that it should provide the best lumbar support. Secondly, the padding is crucial, as you will be sitting on the chair for at least six to eight hours daily. The seat and height adjustments should suit your requirements. Office chairs should have comfortable armrests to place your hands.5. What are the similarities between a gaming chair and office chair?
An office chair and study chair are similar in many ways. They should allow you to sit comfortably and use the computer. The gaming chair is different in many aspects. Gaming involves you moving your body parts such as hips, legs, and shoulders. Hence, the best gaming chairs are those without armrests. At the same time, the chair should be comfortable to sit.6. What is the general lifespan of an ergonomic office chair?
A good office chair should last for a minimum of six years. However, a lot depends on your usage. Once you start feeling uncomfortable using it, you should change it.7. What are the best brands of ergonomic chairs available in India?
Some of the best brands have been discussed in detail in the review. These include GreenSoul, Savya, Da Urban Miller, and Innowin Makson.