Are you planning to take home entertainment to the next level with a projector? But are you concerned about the possibility of taking up a significant amount of space in your home? Well, you’re right to be scared, but the days when projectors used to take up most of the assembly time are long gone. Today, the best short-throw projector and ultra-short throw projectors have found their way into the apartment, solving the lack of space.
But how? Short-throw projectors can display your favorite 100-inch movies or videos a few feet away.
Although you cannot add a random model to your entertainment room, you must carefully choose the model you want to purchase. To help you buy the best short-throw projector, we have created this guide and comparison. To make things more convenient, we added the individual ratings for each model.
Our Top Pick
10 Best Short Throw Projectors Review
- 1080P HDR VIBRANT IN-GAME COLORS : 1080p HDR-enabled with 4K compatibility, and stunning movie industrial color 98% Rec.709. LED light source
- SHORT THROW PROJECTION DISTANCE: Short throw projectors provide immersive 100" gameplay within 4.9ft.
- 8.3MS LOW LATENCY SWIFT AND SMOOTH: Down to fast 4ms (1080p@120Hz) or 16ms (1080p@60Hz) under game mode for smooth gameplay.
- PRO PERFORMANCE: Compatible with major consoles (Sony PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One X, Google stadia) huge, bright, sharp images and equalized audio
- DEDICATED GAME MODE: The Game Mode empowers you to tweak the images for the best display in a dark or bright environment
- UPGRADE TO TRUE 4K: 3000 ANSI Lumens powered by DMD ECD for comfortable viewing in brightly lit rooms. True 4K 3840 × 2160 or 8.3 million Pixels give incredible clarity.
- ULTRA SHORT THROW: 100” projection size at 9" projection distance approx.; up to 120“ projection size. The built-in rulers provides accurate measurements to project screen size. Installation guide with visual instructions provided fore easy DIY set up.
- DLP TECHNOLOGY: DLP is the leading technology used in 90% of the world’s cinemas and 100% of digital IMAX theaters. You will experience a longer lasting, sharper and crisper image with the V6000 projector
- INDUSTRY LEADING WARRANTY: BenQ's 3-year warranty on Projector and 3 years or 15,000 hours which every is earlier on the light source (Laser light). that makes you rest easy that our customer service team is available when you need it.
- MOVIE NIGHT: Unique 98% DCI-P3 super wide color gamut and HDR-PRO technology delivers vibrant color performance. Premium built-in treVolo Speakers – Projector is equipped with Premium quality built in front channel speakers by treVolo.
- Throw ratio is 0.39:1 and screen ratio: 16:9/4:3. Place TONZO S6A Projector 1.6ft away from the wall and you'll enjoy a beautiful 60"(diagonal) display; move the projector 3.12ft away from the wall and this screen size increases to huge 120".So whether it’s placed on the floor, mounted on the ceiling or used for rear projection, you can be sure that you’ll always see the big picture.
- Native Resolution is 1920 X 1080P. Native 1920 X 1080 resolutions for lifelike pictures Native Resolution is 1920*1080.resolutions for lifelike pictures.
- 15600mAh large capacity battery for long use
- Built-in baEnjoy your entertainment with Android version 6.0 operating system for fluent running.ttery with 15600mAh large capacity battery for long use you can enjoy your entertainment after cut the electricity.
- SUPERSIZED MOVIES AND GAMES: Immersive theater-like experience in Full HD (1920x1080p) on a screen up to 300-inches
- EASY CENTRAL MANAGEMENT : Easily controllable remotely from a PC. I.T. personnel can manage up to 250 projectors at one time and control operations, such as scheduling through a LAN IP
- CINEMATIC COLORS: Exclusive Color technology offers a wide color gamut for beautiful image production in nearly any environmen
- SHORT THROW: With a short throw lens, this projector can be placed just inches away from a wall or screen to give you a huge image
- REDUCED INPUT LATENCY and Gaming Mode: Ideal for intense action-packed gaming, this projector delivers smooth images without delay
- VERTICAL LENS SHIFT : 10% flexibility of vertical image adjustment, so users can shift the image up or down without distorting the image with remote control, making installation quicker and easier
- 4K HDR HIGH RESOLUTION: 3000 ANSI lumen brightness; 4K HDR-enabled; 100-inch images from 6.5 feet (2m) away; stunning color 96% Rec. 709
- 4K LOW LATENCY: Low latency 16ms@4K/60Hz low input lag, Game Mode/Game Sound Mode lets you fine-tune audio and images
- PRO PERFORMANCE: Compatible with major consoles (Sony PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox Series X, Google stadia) huge, bright, sharp images and equalized audio
- EASY SET-UP: 1.2x zoom flexible throw distances, 2D Auto Vertical Keystone, Picture Rotation Adjustment for squared images
- ENDLESS ENTERTAINMENT: Google-certified Android TV and Google Play store, with 5,000+ of the latest Android apps, movies, shows, live sports, games, music, and more
- Brightness :3,000 Lumens Contrast Ratio
- Contrast Ratio: 20,000:1
- Native Resolution:1024 x 768 pixels
- Display Color:1.07 Billion
- HDTV Compatibility: 480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
- ★【Superior Home Theater Projector 】2022 Upgraded mini projector equipped with 800:1 contrast ratio, supported 1080p resolution, brings you a 400 LUMENS brighter images much brighter than similar projectors in market. It provides you with a premium home cinema experience with the bigger screen and clearer image.
- ★【Big Screen & Built-in Speakers】The mini projector has a 20-60 inches projection display size with 1m to 2m projection distance.
- ★【Low Noise & Long Lamp Life】The projector is lower in noise and more durable than previous models thanks to advanced fan cooling technology. Powerful cooling system cools the heat of lamp efficiently, extending the bulb life , which means you can use it for years.
- ★【Multiple Devices Connection & Portable】This portable movie projector is fit for playing videos, TV series, photos sharing, football matches etc. It can be easily connected with laptops, smartphones, tablets, USB drives, etc to enjoy big games & Movies
- ★【Compact & Portable Projector Design】 After deep research we find most customers would prefer to have a small-size projector, so we have launched this mini projector. The mini projector is easy to carry and operate, with the noticeable modern industrial and streamlined humanization design, you will have enjoyable and unbelievable moments upon watching videos/movies/football games in the backyard or playing video games at home. It worth your try and never disappoint you.
- Full HD (1920 x 1080)
- 1000 Lumen
- Contrast Ratio :150,000:1
- Wireless screen share
- Bluetooth sound out for wireless sound system
- Designed for harmonic interio
- True 4K UHD with 8.3M individual pixels onscreen, ALDP technology, and HDR10 are fused wonderfully to provide staggeringly crisp images and vivid, lifelike colors that seem to jump off the screen. With Aura, you’ll watch every movie the way the director envisioned.
- Two tweeters and two woofers at 15W each deliver crisp highs, dynamic midranges, and ample bass. Unlock a rich, room-filling audio experience that fills your ears with deep individual sounds, allowing you to hear and feel more.
- Aura’s advanced laser illumination and astonishingly rich color depth power its outstanding performance. Unlike with traditional TVs, you get consistent brightness for years, a brilliant color display, diffused lighting without reduced picture quality, and most of all, a viewing experience that will never be the same!
- Boasting a beaming bright 2400 ANSI lumens, Aura perfectly illuminates your movies, TV shows, and video games with stellar detail. Even during the day or with the lights on, your content stays incredibly crisp and clear.
- Aura’s space-saving setup maintains the streamlined look of your home. Convert any wall into a deluxe 150” theater screen while enjoying immersive 3D content in brilliant 4K, projecting from any angle you choose.
- VERSATILE HOME PROJECTOR: Full HD (1920x1080) LED projector with 3100 LED lumens that delivers bright and clear images in nearly any room at home
- SHORT THROW: With a short throw lens, this projector can be placed just inches away from a wall or screen to give you a huge image
- LAMP-FREE PROJECTION: Solid-state LED technology with 30,000-hour lifespan consumes far less power than a typical LCD TV
- EASY SETUP: 1.2x optical zoom, vertical/horizontal keystone correction, and 4-corner adjustment for proper image alignment
- VIVID COLORS: Cinema SuperColor technology with 125% Rec. 709 wide color gamut produces lifelike colors for a fuller, more immersive viewing experience
What is an Ultra Short Throw Projector?
An Ultra Short Throw (UST) projector is one whose throw ratio is 0.4 or less. The throw ratio is the ratio of the distance of the projector from the screen to the screen width. UST projectors can project large-sized imagery even when placed a few inches away from the screen. A UST projector may be able to project a 100-inch image at a distance of 6-10inch from the screen. On the other hand, a projector with a normal throw ratio (>1) may have to be placed 10-12feet away from the screen for projecting a 100-inch image.
What Are The Benefits of a Projector?
There are quite a few benefits of Ultra Short Throw projectors as compared to regular projectors.
Require Less Space – As UST projectors can be installed a few inches away from the screen, they don’t require as much installation space. It makes them suitable for small rooms where projectors with a normal throw ratio won’t be ideal. They take only slightly more space as compared to TVs.
Brighter – The imagery projected by a UST projector will be brighter as compared to a projector having a similar brightness rating but with a normal or short throw ratio. It is because light has to travel a shorter distance for reaching the screen. The light will disperse less and it will lead to a better and brighter picture.
Easier Installation – UST projectors are easier to install and align. You can place them on a table in front of a wall or screen and start watching movies. Projectors with a normal throw ratio may have to be mounted to a ceiling or wall for installation. They will also be slightly harder to align.
How To Choose The Right Projector?
Choosing the right Ultra Short Throw projector is not that different from choosing a standard projector. The main factors you should consider are listed below.
Native Resolution – The primary thing to consider in a UST projector is its native resolution. It will determine the quality of the picture. Opt for a projector that has a native resolution of 1080p at the very least. There are 4K projectors available as well for buyers who are willing to spend extra money.
What is the difference between a short throw projector and long throw projector?
From the last few years, the use of projectors is getting growing popular. But many people still get confused about the types of projectors. It is a vital factor to know when you are buying a projector. To help you out, we have explained the difference between long throw, short throw, and ultra short throw projectors.
Long Throw Projector
Long-throw or Standard throw projectors are the most common type in the market. They require a large amount of space between the projector and screen to make an image. They generally offer throw ratios above 1.6:1 and require about 8 to 10 feet of throw distance. They come at an affordable price and can be used for home, office or classrooms. However, they take more space and shadow appear when a person passes between the projector and screen.
Short Throw Projector
A short-throw projector is capable to produce a much larger picture from a short distance. They can produce a 100-inch image from about four feet or less away from the screen. They can be used on the wall as well as on a projector screen. The major benefit of buying this projector is that it takes less room between the projector and screen means no shadow will produce when a person gets in the way of the projector’s light.
Ultra Short Throw Projectors
These are another level of projectors that can produce a huge image from a very close distance. In order to create a 100″ image, the ultra-short projector will typically require about 3-15 inches of throw distance. They are commonly used in businesses and educational institutions, though they can be used in small homes or apartments that have very little space to use a standard short-throw projector. If you really want an ultra-short throw, you have to spend a lot to get the best picture quality.
The Value of Using the Best Short Throw Projector
If you’re not convinced that a short throw projector will do wonders to your business goals, check out these reasons for choosing the perfect projection system for your company:
- Enhancement of presentations: When done right, a good short throw projector can drastically improve the way you conduct meetings or present a sales pitch. That’s because the best projector produces breathtakingly clear images.
- Smaller space required: Compared to conventional projectors, a short throw variant is designed to display huge images – as big as 100 feet – even if it’s only a few feet from the screen where the pictures are projected
- Flexible installation: Because of the way short throw projectors are designed, you may either put the projection unit on top of a stable surface or install it onto the ceiling.
- Modern technology: Most short throw projector models in the market today are already equipped with the latest technology in picture quality, power efficiency, and lamp life. If you buy a short throw projector today, expect its tech build to last for years.
Buying Tips for the Perfect Short Throw Projector For Your Business
Planning to buy your own projector for company meetings and product presentations? Here’s a list of factors to consider:
Ease of Use
You probably don’t want to fumble overturning the short throw projector on or adjusting its settings during a corporate meeting. Make sure that the projector that you’re eyeing to purchase is easy to set up, convenient to connect to your source device, and friendly to users who aren’t too tech-savvy when it comes to projectors.
Another factor that you need to watch out for when scouting for the best short throw projector is brightness. Projectors are available in a wide variety of lumens rating, which denotes the level of brightness that a projector can produce.
If the area where you intend to use the projector is dim or dark, a low lumens rating may suffice. However, rooms with ambient lighting require a projector with a capacity of at least 2,000 lumens.
Speaking of lamps, most projectors these days are designed with longer lamp lifespan. Aside from the actual build of the lamps, some projector models offer an EcoMode setting, which can further prolong the life of the lamp. In addition, it will also allow you to save on power, which definitely sounds good on a financial standpoint for any business.
Before you go out and buy the latest model, make sure to measure the size of your room. This will come in handy when you’re looking at the throw ratio, which refers to the distance from the projector lens to the screen where the image is projected.
Small rooms will definitely need a short throw or ultra-short throw projector. In principle, though, the same kinds of projectors will also work amazingly in large areas such as home entertainment centers or workplace conference rooms.
Conventional projectors have VGA and HDMI ports at their very basic construction. However, most of the short throw projectors available today have multiple connection ports available. Some of these include DVI, USB, micro USB, and AV ports, among others.
Meanwhile, some projector products are equipped with wireless connectivity such as Bluetooth and WiFi. These features eliminate the need for wires and cables. Say goodbye to wire management and port incompatibility!
Companies are always out to get the best results with the optimized set of resources available. By using a perfectly priced short throw projector, businesses are expected to impress clients and rake in a significant amount of sales and following.