Are you planning to take home entertainment to the next level with a projector? But are you concerned about the possibility of taking up a significant amount of space in your home? Well, you’re right to be scared, but the days when projectors used to take up most of the assembly time are long gone. Today, the best short-throw projector and ultra-short throw projectors have found their way into the apartment, solving the lack of space.
But how? Short-throw projectors can display your favorite 100-inch movies or videos a few feet away.
Although you cannot add a random model to your entertainment room, you must carefully choose the model you want to purchase. To help you buy the best short-throw projector, we have created this guide and comparison. To make things more convenient, we added the individual ratings for each model.
Our Top Pick
10 Best Short Throw Projectors Review
- Full HD (1920 x 1080)
- 1000 Lumen
- Contrast Ratio :150,000:1
- Wireless screen share
- Bluetooth sound out for wireless sound system
- Designed for harmonic interio
- 5000 lumen brightness, Lamp life of over 25000 hours
- Appotronics ALPD 3.0 laser light source technology can effectively ensure lamp life of 25,000 hours or more, equivalent to the time needed to watch more than 10,000 movies (each 2 hours in length).
- Mi Laser Projector features 3000:1 native contrast, comparable to what is found in commercial cinemas. With red light ratios as high as 16-18%, colors are vivid and bright.
- Dual full frequency + dual high frequency high fidelity speakers. It has a unique inverted sound tube design and supports DOLBY, DTS dual decoding, so that you can have a cinema-level audio-visual experience right at home.
- Native 1080P Ultra-short projector, a massive screen for your home
- DUSTPROOF : BenQ Dust GuardTM technology incorporates the latest color wheel sensor and high-performance dust filters to block out up to 90% of dust and particles.
- SHORT THROW RATIO: Offers big screen in short distance with a 0.61 short-throw ratio.
- HIGH BRIGHTNESS : 3,000 ANSI Lumen brightness for crisp images and sharp text even in bright lecture rooms.
- DLP PROJECTION : Capable of maintaining long-lasting picture quality by eliminating color decay and High DLP Pixel Fill Factor.
- REMOTE CONTROL HOTKEY : Quick Install hotkey on the remote control to setup the projector which is time saver for performing initial projector installation work.
- For Product information, Service support, Product Warranty and any other query, kindly contact on 1800-419-9979 (Monday to Saturday 9:30am to 6:00pm) or Service-In@BenQ.com
The product comes in a proper packaging
This product will be an ideal pick for you
- Brightness :3,000 Lumens Contrast Ratio
- Contrast Ratio: 20,000:1
- Native Resolution:1024 x 768 pixels
- Display Color:1.07 Billion
- HDTV Compatibility: 480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
- Auto keystone and four corner correction for quick, troublefree setup. Noise Level-25dB (ECO)
- Easy place and play large screen entertainment experience
- USB display screen mirroring with iOS and Android devices
- Wireless presentations and images with HDCast Pro (USB Wi-Fi adapter included)
- PC-free USB image viewer and office document reader
- Viewsonic PS500X 3,500 Lumens XGA Education Short Throw Projector,-----WITH GST BILL,-----WITH Warranty 2 years On site On Projector and 1 yrs or 1000 hours on Lamp whichever is earlier
- SPECIFICATION = Projection System: 0.55" XGA---- Native Resolution: 1024x768---- DC Type: DC3---- Brightness: 3500---- Contrast Ratio with SuperEco Mode: 22000:1---- Display Color: 1.07 Billion Colors---- Light Source: Lamp---- Light Source Life (Nor/SuperEco): 5000/15000---- Lamp Watt: 190W---- Lens: F=2.6, f=6.9mm----
- Projection Offset: 130%+/-5%---- Throw Ratio: 0.61---- Image Size: 60" - 300"---- Throw Distance: 0.74m-2.23m (77" @ 0.95m)---- Keystone: +/- 40° (Vertical)---- Optical Zoom: Fixed---- Audible Noise (Eco): 27Db---- Response Time: 16ms---- Resolution Support: VGA(640 x 480) to FullHD(1920 x 1080)---- HDTV Compatibility: 480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p---- Horizontal Frequency: 15K~102KHz(TBD)---- Vertical Scan Rate: 48~120Hz---- Interactive Camera: Optional (vTouch-10s)----
- INPUT= Computer in (share with component): 2---- Audio-in (3.5mm): 1---- OUTPUT= Monitor out: 1---- Audio out (3.5mm): 1---- Speaker: 2W---- CONTROL= RS232: 1---- USB Type Mini B (Services): 1----
- OTHERS= Power Supply Voltage: 100-240V+/- 10%, 50/60Hz AC---- Power Consumption: Normal: 260WStandby: <0.5W---- Operating Temperature: 0~40℃---- Net Weight: 2.6kg---- Dimensions (WxDxH) with Adjustment Foot: 292x236x115mm---- Language: English, French, Spanish, Thai, Korean, German, Italian, Russian, Swedish, Dutch, Polish, Czech, T-Chinese, S-Chinese, Japanese, Turkish, Portuguese, Finnish, Indonesian, India, Arabic, Vietnamese---- STANDARD ACCESSORY= Power Cord: 1---- VGA Cable: 1---- Remote C
- Home Theatre Projectors
- 3LCD Projectors
- Best Projectors
- BENQ MW809ST SHORT THROW PROJECTOR ,3000 LUMENS, Dust Proof Design, Long Lamp Life & High Contrast Ratio, 1x HDMI, 2x VGA In, VGA Out, USB Type A(Power Only 5V/1.5A), Audio In/Out, 10W Speaker, Interactive Compatibility WITH GST BILL,, WITH 2 YEARS MANUFACTURER WARRANTY
- Education Projector MW809ST,, Projection System=DLP Single 0.65" WXGA
- DMD Type=DC3 DMD Chip,,Resolution=1280 x 800 pixels,, Brightness=3,000 ANSI Lumens
- Connectivity HDMI x1 PC In (D-sub 15pin) x2 (share with component video) Monitor Out (D-sub 15pin) x1 Audio In (mini jack) x2 Audio Out (mini jack) x1 RS232 (DB-9pin) x1 USB (type A) x1 (power only 5V/1.5A) USB (type mini B) x1 IR Receiver x2 (front, top)
- Contrast Ratio=20,000:1 Display Color=1.07 Billion Colors Aspect Ratio=Native 16:10 (5 aspect ratio selectable) Light Source=Lamp (200W) Light Source Life*=5000/10000/10000/15000 hours (Normal/Eco/SmartEco mode/Lampsave)
- Throw ratio is 0.39:1 and screen ratio: 16:9/4:3. Place TONZO S6A Projector 1.6ft away from the wall and you'll enjoy a beautiful 60"(diagonal) display; move the projector 3.12ft away from the wall and this screen size increases to huge 120".So whether it’s placed on the floor, mounted on the ceiling or used for rear projection, you can be sure that you’ll always see the big picture.
- Native Resolution is 1920 X 1080P. Native 1920 X 1080 resolutions for lifelike pictures Native Resolution is 1920*1080.resolutions for lifelike pictures.
- 15600mAh large capacity battery for long use
- Built-in battery with 15600mAh large capacity battery for long use you can enjoy your entertainment after cut the electricity.
- Enjoy your entertainment with Android version 6.0 operating system for fluent running.
What is an Ultra Short Throw Projector?
An Ultra Short Throw (UST) projector is one whose throw ratio is 0.4 or less. The throw ratio is the ratio of the distance of the projector from the screen to the screen width. UST projectors can project large-sized imagery even when placed a few inches away from the screen. A UST projector may be able to project a 100-inch image at a distance of 6-10inch from the screen. On the other hand, a projector with a normal throw ratio (>1) may have to be placed 10-12feet away from the screen for projecting a 100-inch image.
What Are The Benefits of a Projector?
There are quite a few benefits of Ultra Short Throw projectors as compared to regular projectors.
Require Less Space – As UST projectors can be installed a few inches away from the screen, they don’t require as much installation space. It makes them suitable for small rooms where projectors with a normal throw ratio won’t be ideal. They take only slightly more space as compared to TVs.
Brighter – The imagery projected by a UST projector will be brighter as compared to a projector having a similar brightness rating but with a normal or short throw ratio. It is because light has to travel a shorter distance for reaching the screen. The light will disperse less and it will lead to a better and brighter picture.
Easier Installation – UST projectors are easier to install and align. You can place them on a table in front of a wall or screen and start watching movies. Projectors with a normal throw ratio may have to be mounted to a ceiling or wall for installation. They will also be slightly harder to align.
How To Choose The Right Projector?
Choosing the right Ultra Short Throw projector is not that different from choosing a standard projector. The main factors you should consider are listed below.
Native Resolution – The primary thing to consider in a UST projector is its native resolution. It will determine the quality of the picture. Opt for a projector that has a native resolution of 1080p at the very least. There are 4K projectors available as well for buyers who are willing to spend extra money.
What is the difference between a short throw projector and long throw projector?
From the last few years, the use of projectors is getting growing popular. But many people still get confused about the types of projectors. It is a vital factor to know when you are buying a projector. To help you out, we have explained the difference between long throw, short throw, and ultra short throw projectors.
Long Throw Projector
Long-throw or Standard throw projectors are the most common type in the market. They require a large amount of space between the projector and screen to make an image. They generally offer throw ratios above 1.6:1 and require about 8 to 10 feet of throw distance. They come at an affordable price and can be used for home, office or classrooms. However, they take more space and shadow appear when a person passes between the projector and screen.
Short Throw Projector
A short-throw projector is capable to produce a much larger picture from a short distance. They can produce a 100-inch image from about four feet or less away from the screen. They can be used on the wall as well as on a projector screen. The major benefit of buying this projector is that it takes less room between the projector and screen means no shadow will produce when a person gets in the way of the projector’s light.
Ultra Short Throw Projectors
These are another level of projectors that can produce a huge image from a very close distance. In order to create a 100″ image, the ultra-short projector will typically require about 3-15 inches of throw distance. They are commonly used in businesses and educational institutions, though they can be used in small homes or apartments that have very little space to use a standard short-throw projector. If you really want an ultra-short throw, you have to spend a lot to get the best picture quality.
The Value of Using the Best Short Throw Projector
If you’re not convinced that a short throw projector will do wonders to your business goals, check out these reasons for choosing the perfect projection system for your company:
- Enhancement of presentations: When done right, a good short throw projector can drastically improve the way you conduct meetings or present a sales pitch. That’s because the best projector produces breathtakingly clear images.
- Smaller space required: Compared to conventional projectors, a short throw variant is designed to display huge images – as big as 100 feet – even if it’s only a few feet from the screen where the pictures are projected
- Flexible installation: Because of the way short throw projectors are designed, you may either put the projection unit on top of a stable surface or install it onto the ceiling.
- Modern technology: Most short throw projector models in the market today are already equipped with the latest technology in picture quality, power efficiency, and lamp life. If you buy a short throw projector today, expect its tech build to last for years.
Buying Tips for the Perfect Short Throw Projector For Your Business
Planning to buy your own projector for company meetings and product presentations? Here’s a list of factors to consider:
Ease of Use
You probably don’t want to fumble overturning the short throw projector on or adjusting its settings during a corporate meeting. Make sure that the projector that you’re eyeing to purchase is easy to set up, convenient to connect to your source device, and friendly to users who aren’t too tech-savvy when it comes to projectors.
Another factor that you need to watch out for when scouting for the best short throw projector is brightness. Projectors are available in a wide variety of lumens rating, which denotes the level of brightness that a projector can produce.
If the area where you intend to use the projector is dim or dark, a low lumens rating may suffice. However, rooms with ambient lighting require a projector with a capacity of at least 2,000 lumens.
Speaking of lamps, most projectors these days are designed with longer lamp lifespan. Aside from the actual build of the lamps, some projector models offer an EcoMode setting, which can further prolong the life of the lamp. In addition, it will also allow you to save on power, which definitely sounds good on a financial standpoint for any business.
Before you go out and buy the latest model, make sure to measure the size of your room. This will come in handy when you’re looking at the throw ratio, which refers to the distance from the projector lens to the screen where the image is projected.
Small rooms will definitely need a short throw or ultra-short throw projector. In principle, though, the same kinds of projectors will also work amazingly in large areas such as home entertainment centers or workplace conference rooms.
Conventional projectors have VGA and HDMI ports at their very basic construction. However, most of the short throw projectors available today have multiple connection ports available. Some of these include DVI, USB, micro USB, and AV ports, among others.
Meanwhile, some projector products are equipped with wireless connectivity such as Bluetooth and WiFi. These features eliminate the need for wires and cables. Say goodbye to wire management and port incompatibility!
Companies are always out to get the best results with the optimized set of resources available. By using a perfectly priced short throw projector, businesses are expected to impress clients and rake in a significant amount of sales and following.