If you know your skin, you probably know what your skincare routine needs, especially in the winter season. If not, this is the time you can work on your skin and bring it back to that glowing life it once had with the right routine and products. An essential serum that you should use is the Vitamin C Serum that contains hyaluronic acid. But which one should you invest in with so many options available on the market? Don’t worry, I have put together a list of serums that have received good user reviews along with good reviews. These serums fit all budgets, so take a look first and then decide.
Here are the 10 Best Vitamin C Serums in India.
Let’s take a look at the Best Vitamin C Serums!
Finding the best was next up on our list of challenges. After several hours of testing, we decided on a few models that we think are suited.
Here are the Top 10 & Best Vitamin C Serums in 2021
- HIGHLY POTENT VITAMIN C: Vitamin C is a strong antioxidant that not just combats dark spots, but also helps in preventing melanin production. This reduces & reverses hyperpigmentation, acne spots, dark spots, etc.
- GIVES YOUR FACE A RADIANT GLOW: Since ages, Turmeric has been one of the most used kitchen ingredients for homemade as well as cosmetic skincare products for instant & long-lasting, brightened, glowing skin. The power of turmeric in this face serum gives your skin a radiant glow.
- FIRMS & REDUCES FINE LINES: Fast absorbing & non-greasy, Squalane is a plant-derived super hydrating ingredient. After the mid-‘20s, the body reduces the production of Squalane naturally & thus feels dry & dehydrated which results in early wrinkles. The cream helps in firming the skin & reducing fine lines.
- MADE WITH NATURAL INRGEDIENTS: Dermatologically Tested, the serum is free from Sulfates, Paraben, SLS, Petroleum, Artificial Preservatives, & Colors.
- SUITABLE FOR ALL SKIN TYPES: The face serum is dermatologically tested & is suitable for all skin types.
- Help revive your dull complexion and add radiance with WOW Skin Science 20% Vitamin C Face Serum
- Vitamin C, witch hazel and hyaluronic acid help to fade pigmentation, fight signs of aging brought on by free radicals, brighten and nourish skin
- This serum helps to improve skins luminosity and lightens the complexion. A skin brightening face serum with active vitamin C, witch hazel and hyaluronic acid
- The serum delivers hydration to revive dull, tired skin. It helps to improve skin texture and appearance giving it a fresh and bright look
- It has an anti-aging effect that helps to diminish fine lines, age spots and even out the complexion. Your skin looks bright, with a dewy glow
- Vitamin C helps to neutralize skin-damaging free radicals and restore skin
- GET BRIGHT, GLOWING AND SPOT-LESS SKIN IN JUST 3 DAYS with the new Garnier Light Complete Vitamin C Booster Serum
- VITAMIN C HAS BRIGHTENING AND SPOT REDUTION PROPERTIES. The Garnier Vitamin C serum harnesses this power of Vitamin C and is enriched with Japanese Yuzu lemon and 30X Vitamin C, making the serum a concentrated brightening formula that fades all types of spots, even dark spots and acne marks.
- FAST ABSORBING FORMULA - The unique lightweight texture and non-oily formula of the Vitamin C Booster Serum quickly absorbs into the skin and acts from within
- FAST RESULTS - Gives your skin an instant glow & reduces spots in just 3 days!
- USE TWICE DAILY - For best results, use the Vitamin C Booster Serum twice daily, morning and night.
- SUITABLE FOR ALL SKIN TYPES - The Vitamin C Booster serum is suitable for oily, dry as well as sensitive skin.
- Vitamin C Serum - This daily facial anti-wrinkle serum is the prime dark spot corrector for face and helps clear and minimize pores, breakouts, and blackhead. Reduce the appearance of sun spots, redness and pigmentation.
- Hydrating Serum - Hyaluronic Acid deeply hydrates and plumps the skin quick hydrating and boost the skin's ability to retain moisture for a smoother and youthful skin. Vitamin C works as a great facial serum and eye serum to lighten the appearance of dark circles, eye bags and under eyes.
- Anti-Aging Serum - Vitamin C Serum for face defends against environmental issues with powerful antioxidants and supports natural collagen production to prevent signs of aging such as fine lines and wrinkles.
- Brightening Serum - This face serum is packed with nutrients designed to brighten, tone, and smooth the skin's texture for increased radiance, providing brighter skin results. This antioxidant serum can be used as a dark spot Lightner for any spots or on areas that need skin boost help.
- Perfect for all Skin Types - UrbanBotanics Advanced Vitamin C Face Serum is best suited for men, women and all skin types including those with normal, dry, oily, blemish prone, sensitive and mature skin and for anyone with clarity & age prevention concerns.Storage – Kindly store in Cool dry place, away from sunlight.
- GET HYDRATED CLEAR AND RADIANT SKIN with Charmis Deep radiance Face Serum
- SKIN CARE POWER TRIO : Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid and Salycylic Acid
- DEEP WORKING ACTION : Penetrates 15 layers deep in the skin
- QUICK ABSORBING : The non-sticky and light weight formula absorb quickly into your skin
- DERMATALOGICALLY TESTED To be safe on skin and suitable for all skin types
- VITAMIN C is known to be powerful anti-oxidant which helps provide radiant skin. HYALURONIC ACID known to help hydrate skin. SALICYLIC ACID known for exfoliation action and reducing acne marks.
- VITAMIN C SERUM WITH HYALURONIC ACID AND VITAMIN E: Matras Ultra Glow Serum is a 100% natural face serum infused with Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin E. It helps lighten skin tone, hydrates skin, improves skin firmness, delays aging and protects skin from Sun damage.
- SKIN LIGHTENING AND ULTRA GLOW BENEFITS: Our product includes the goodness of Vitamin C which is an important agent that helps brighten and lighten the skin tone. It helps render a natural glow to your face and it also helps reduce skin discoloration making your skin look fabulous.
- HYDRATES AND MOISTURISES SKIN: Matra’s Vitamin C serum is rich in Hyaluronic Acid which is super hydrating and moisturizes the skin from within.
- ANTI-AGING BENEFITS: This serum is the best active anti-aging face serum that reduces common signs of aging, fine lines and wrinkles.
- REDUCES ACNE AND HEALS SUNBURNS
- Highly Conentrated and Effective C
- Keeps Skin Look Younger and Brighter
- Keep Skin Healthier and Reduce Inflammation
- Helps The Skin From Sun Damage.
- Use It At Night Only* It can be used during day but has to be followed up with sunscreen.
Antioxidant serum : a perfect and must have product in every skin care regime, vitamin c in conjunction with ferulic, hyaluronic acids and vitamin e in this advanced formula is designed to target the most common signs of aging including brightness, firmness, fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots and sun spots
Evidence based products: hyaluronic acid is one of the finest ingredients in facial products for a deeply hydrating moisturizer along with aloe and grape seed extract
Acne control: the light and non tacky refreshing face serum can be used with other products for a full facial overhaul, and helps work to prevent breakouts, oiliness, and blackheads for all skin types
- A POTENT STABLE VITAMIN C FACE SERUM: Not all Vit C serums are made equal! This serum is is made with a stable Vitamin C derivative, 10% Ethyl Ascorbic Acid that is closest to pure Vitamin C (L-Ascorbic Acid) in molecular size and weight. With similar molecule size and 86% pure Vitamin C content it delivers maximum benefits of Vitamin C without getting bad or losing efficacy till the last drop (unlike other Vitamin C serums).
- NATURAL GLOW BOOSTER: This glow serum ensures high delivery of Vit C directly into your skin. Vit C reduces melanin production resulting glowing skin. Reduces dullness & tanning and protects from environmental stress such as pollution & sun damage.
- SOOTHING & HYDRATING: Formulated with Centella water that soothes and calms skin making this formula non-irritating and suitable for all skin types. 1% Acetyl Glucosamine added in this serum boosts your hydration and natural exfoliation for a plum radiant skin.
- CLEAN & TRANSPARENT BEAUTY: This serum is (i) Fragrance-free (ii) Silicones-free (iii) Sulfates-free (iv) Parabens-free (v) Essential Oils-free and (vi) Dyes-free. Also, it is non-comedogenic, oil-free, and hypoallergenic. Formulated at pH 3.9 - 4.9 formulated with high grade COS-VCE (Ethyl Ascorbic Acid) by CosMol Korea, a leading global supplier.
- FOR ALL SKIN TYPES: This serum is suitable for all skin types (Dry, Oily or Normal). Formulated for both men and women. With anti-inflammatory Centella water it is suitable for even sensitive skin.
- Good Vibes Skin Glow Serum, Vitamin C & Vitamin B3 is a lightweight, non-greasy, non-sticky and refreshing serum. It imparts deep nourishment to the skin with a non-sticky after-feel
- Helps brighten skin tone: This serum helps in diminishing the look of acne scars and dark spots
- Adds glow: This serum also imparts an eternal glow to the face. It brightens up the skin complexion and smoothens out skin texture to keep your skin radiant and youthful
- Diminishes blemishes: This serum helps in diminishing blemishes and evens out skin tone
- How to use: Cleanse and tone your face. Take a few drops of serum on your fingertips and apply the serum in outward and upward strokes. Massage the face gently and wait till the serum absorbs.
How to choose and use the best vitamin C serum
Go for pure vitamin C: “Your product should say ‘L-ascorbic acid’ (a.k.a. pure vitamin C) on the label,” says Marguerite Germain, M.D., a dermatologist practicing in Charleston, SC. L-ascorbic acid mixes well with other forms of vitamin C, too, like ascorbyl glucoside and tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate. “They feed out the vitamin C at different rates, allowing long-term protection with less irritation,” she adds.
Spot standout ingredients: The perfect vitamin C serum has additional antioxidants, like green tea polyphenols, vitamin E, or ferulic acid. “Products that contain L-ascorbic acid along with other antioxidants offer the most protection against skin damage because there are lots of different types of free radicals that break down collagen,” Dr. Germain says. It’s a little like food: “You don’t want to eat only one thing, even if that one thing is healthy.”
Look for A+ packaging: Vitamin C is the diva of the skin care world, meaning it’s super unstable and loses its power if you store it in a well-lit, humid place (like in your bathroom!). “Any vitamin C product that turns brown or discolored is breaking down and should be returned,” says Dr. Germain. This is why you’ll often see vitamin C serums in dark bottles.
Still, there are so many different vitamin C serums to choose from, so which one should you use? Don’t stress, we asked dermatologists for their favorites to make the search a little easier. Apply one of these vitamin C serums in the morning after cleansing—but before sunscreen (yes, you still need sunscreen!)—for the best results.
Benefits Of Vitamin C Serum
A vitamin C serum can provide the following benefits:
- Brightens and smoothens the skin and reduces dullness.
- Evens out the skin tone and lightens dark patches and under-eye dark circles.
- Controls acne and pimples and fades scars and hyperpigmentation.
- Boosts the production of collagen, which is a natural protein in your skin. Collagen deficiency causes signs of aging.
- Naturally hydrates your skin.
- Improves skin texture and boosts its elasticity.
- Minimizes the appearance of wrinkles, age spots, fine lines, and signs of sun damage.
If you are now convinced of the skin-friendly properties of vitamin C serum, scroll down to learn the best way to use it.
How To Use A Vitamin C Serum
Apply a little amount of the vitamin C serum to a small patch of your skin. Wait for 24 hours. If you observe any side effects, discontinue use. If there are no adverse effects, massage a couple of drops of the serum onto your face. Use the product religiously for about two to three months to get good results.
Here are a few things you should keep in mind before investing in a vitamin C serum.
- Step 1: Wash your face well.
- Step 2: This is the time for you to pass some skin purifier or pores, such as toners if you have a habit of passing something like this.
- Step 3: Apply vitamin C serum to the face. Rub any excess on your hands, neck and lap.
- Step 4: Apply your moisturizers.
- Step 5: Apply any creams you use to the eye region.
- Step 6: Pass sunscreen and let it dry. (Very important!)
- Step 7: Do your makeup.
Following this walkthrough, there is no error; apply the products, and your skin will look phenomenal in just a few days!
How Often Should I Use?
‘re. But what about what do I use? How many times a week or a day? Is it okay to go too far? Will it work if I go from less?
You should do the above step by step if possible, but there is also some other information that may be relevant to increasing the effectiveness of serums.
Properly exfoliated skin helps in the penetration of products, making the effects occur faster and with better results. However, as exfoliators, usually leave the skin very sensitive, so it is recommended that on days when you exfoliate, you do not use the serum to avoid irritations or some other discomfort on the skin.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Vitamin C
When to apply vitamin c serum?
You need to apply vitamin c serum after you cleanse and tone your face. But make sure to use it before applying a moisturizer
When to use vitamin c serum day or night?
The best time to apply Vitamin C Serum is in the morning because of their ability to neutralize free radicals and protection from sun damage. It protects skin cells from damaging free radicals caused by UV exposure.
Does vitamin C remove acne scars?
Vitamin C is an antioxidant that has the ability to neutralize free radicals. It inhibits the production of melanin in the skin, which helps to lighten any brown spots or hyperpigmentation and also even out skin tone. Hence it can be used to remove acne scars and enhance skin radiance.
Where to store vitamin c serum?
I’d recommend a dark and cool place, preferably the refrigerator because the refrigeration will help in delaying the oxidation process.
How do you know if vitamin C serum has gone bad? When should you throw out vitamin C serum?
If you notice that the color of the serum is turned brown, then you will know that the serum has oxidized and its time to throw out that Vitamin C Serum
How often should you use vitamin C serum?
You can use it every other day. 2-4 drops is fine.
What can you not mix with vitamin C serum?
Don’t mix Vitamin C with Retinol, Niacinamide, AHA BHA (Glycolic Acid, salicylic acid, lactic acid)