If you know your skin, you probably know what your skincare routine needs, especially in the winter season. If not, this is the time you can work on your skin and bring it back to that glowing life it once had with the right routine and products. An essential serum that you should use is the Vitamin C Serum that contains hyaluronic acid.
But which one should you invest in with so many options available on the market? Don’t worry, I have put together a list of serums that have received good user reviews along with good reviews. These serums fit all budgets, so take a look first and then decide.
Here are the 10 Best Vitamin C Serums in India.
Let’s take a look at the Best Vitamin C Serums!
Finding the best was next up on our list of challenges. After several hours of testing, we decided on a few models that we think are suited.
Here are the Top 10 & Best Vitamin C Serums in 2021
- Face serum suitable for all skin types
- Instantly combats a dull skin tone and reduces dark spots when used regularly
- How to use: Cleanse skin using a face wash, Apply 3-4 drops of serum and spread evenly over the face and neck using gentle tapping motions, Use twice a day and follow up with moisturising creams
- Enriched with lemon extracts and 30 times the amount of Vitamin C of Garnier's Bright Complete face creams to combat dark spots
- Contents: 1x Garnier Bright Complete Vitamin C Booster Face Serum, Volume: 30 ml
- A POTENT STABLE VITAMIN C FACE SERUM: Not all Vit C serums are made equal! This serum is is made with a stable Vitamin C derivative, 10% Ethyl Ascorbic Acid that is closest to pure Vitamin C (L-Ascorbic Acid) in molecular size and weight. With similar molecule size and 86% pure Vitamin C content it delivers maximum benefits of Vitamin C without getting bad or losing efficacy till the last drop (unlike other Vitamin C serums).
- NATURAL GLOW BOOSTER: This glow serum ensures high delivery of Vit C directly into your skin. Vit C reduces melanin production resulting glowing skin. Reduces dullness & tanning and protects from environmental stress such as pollution & sun damage.
- SOOTHING & HYDRATING: Formulated with Centella water that soothes and calms skin making this formula non-irritating and suitable for all skin types. 1% Acetyl Glucosamine added in this serum boosts your hydration and natural exfoliation for a plum radiant skin.
- CLEAN & TRANSPARENT BEAUTY: This serum is (i) Fragrance-free (ii) Silicones-free (iii) Sulfates-free (iv) Parabens-free (v) Essential Oils-free and (vi) Dyes-free. Also, it is non-comedogenic, oil-free, and hypoallergenic. Formulated at pH 3.9 - 4.9 formulated with high grade COS-VCE (Ethyl Ascorbic Acid) by CosMol Korea, a leading global supplier.
- FOR ALL SKIN TYPES: This serum is suitable for all skin types (Dry, Oily or Normal). Formulated for both men and women. With anti-inflammatory Centella water it is suitable for even sensitive skin.
- SAFE & EFFECTIVE FORMULATION: Free from mineral oil, dye, parabens, and sulfates, this serum for skin radiance is a safe & effective formulation that offers visible difference in 3-6 weeks.; WHO IS IT SUITABLE FOR: Suitable for all skin types, this serum is for anyone looking for a solution for acne marks, dark spots, fine lines and wrinkles.
- Item Form: Drop
- THE PERFECT CONCOCTION FOR GLOW BOOST: It is thoughtfully formulated for targeted efficacy, safety and all-round results. It contains 15% Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, a stable & quick absorbing Vitamin C. The blend of Japanese Mandarin & Kakadu Plum further boosts the performance of Vitamin C and helps in collagen production and fighting sun damage, respectively. Plus lots more good science from the goodness labs-Ethoxydiglycol & Propanediol for boosting penetration of Vitamin C into skin, Betaine for hydration and Rose Extracts for soothing skin.
- No artificial colours, fragrances or essential oils added! 100% vegan, paraben-free, phthalate-free as always
- REAL PEOPLE, REAL RESULTS: "plum previews" consumer panel reported - 83% users saw enhanced skin glow* in just 2 weeks and 30% reduction in dark spots* in just 2 weeks
- HOW TO USE: Start with a cleansed face, take a few drops and pat serum onto the face. Make sure to follow up with SPF in the day, and moisturizer at night. IMPORTANT: Vitamin C
- MADE WITH LOVE: FDA Approved | Mineral Oil Free | SLS Free | Cruelty-Free | Paraben Free | For Oily & Acne-Prone Skin Types | For Men & Women | Use in All Seasons
- Vitamin C Face Serum helps to revive your dull complexion and add radiance. Vitamin C, witch hazel and hyaluronic acid help to fade pigmentation, fight signs of aging brought on by free radicals, lighten dark spots, brighten and nourish skin.
- Vitamin C Serum helps to improve skins luminosity and lightens the complexion. A skin brightening face serum with active vitamin C, witch hazel and hyaluronic acid. The serum delivers hydration to revive dull, tired skin. It helps to improve skin texture and appearance giving it a fresh and bright look.
- It has an anti-aging effect that helps to diminish fine lines, age spots, dark spots, hyperpigmentation and even out the complexion. Your skin looks bright, with a dewy glow. Vitamin C helps to neutralize skin-damaging free radicals and restore skin. Vitamin c face serum helps to form a protective barrier and improve skin’s suppleness.
- The vitamin c face serum delivers hydration to revive dull, tired skin. It helps to improve skin texture and appearance giving it a fresh and bright look.
- Our vitamin c serum is dermatologically tested and is suitable for all skin types. Results may vary depending on your skin condition. Continuous use helps to enhance your skin making it supple and soft and non-oily.
- The serum is made in the Himalayas. It is 100% vegan, gluten-free. It contains no silicones, mineral oil, and parabens.
- MINIMIZES OPEN PORES: The combination of 5% Niacinamide and 10% Vitamin C accelerates cell regeneration and boosts collagen, thereby helping the skin to shed dead cell build-up from the surface and allowing new and healthy skin layers to take their place. This skin regeneration process also pushes out debris clogged inside pores, ensuring no room for any bacterial infection like acne while also making them less visible and more normal-sized. You and your skin can now confidently go #FilterFree
- ENHANCES OVERALL COMPLEXION:Vitamin C is the most potent form of 3-O Ethyl Ascorbic Acid and the one that’s not only safe to use but also penetrates the skin from within to lighten the skin tone, giving it a more even-toned and healthy look. Ferulic Acid in the 10% Vitamin C Face Serum boosts Vitamin C’s antioxidant effects and helps protect overall skin integrity by reducing the development of fine lines, spots, and wrinkles.
- SAFE & EFFECTIVE FORMULATION: Free from mineral oil, dye, parabens, and sulfates, this serum for skin radiance is a safe & effective formulation that offers visible difference in 3-6 weeks.
- WHO IS IT SUITABLE FOR: Suitable for all skin types, this serum is for anyone looking for a solution for acne marks, dark spots, fine lines and wrinkles.
- Vitamin C Face Serum by Biotique gives luminous youthful skin. Ideal For Men & Women
- It has an anti-aging effect that helps to diminish fine lines, age spots and even out the complexion. Your skin looks bright, with a dewy glow
- Vitamin C face serum is formulated to help moisturize, nourish and protect dull, tired, aging skin.
- Our Vitamin C serum supports skin’s collagen and elastin and brightens the complexion.
- The Vitamin C face serum delivers the natural actives into the skin and helps to nourish it.
- Our face serum with Vitamin C evens out patchy complexion and minimizes pigmentation.
- Most Stable & Potent Form Of Vitamin C St.Botanica Vitamin C 20%, E & Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum is made with the most stable Vitamin C derivative, 3-O-Ethyl-Ascorbic acid. It has the highest concentration of Vitamin C, having the best skin penetration. It delivers maximum benefits of Vitamin C without losing efficacy till the last drop.
- Gives Natural Luminous Boost Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that helps reduce possible damage from UV rays & environmental stress to give natural glowing skin. This Serum has the ability to penetrate deep & deliver Vitamin C into the skin, giving bright & enhanced complexion.
- Soothes, Plumps & HydratesFormulated with Hyaluronic Acid, this Serum absorbs and binds to the skin, thereby giving the skin a smoother appearance. Vitamin E keeps the skin moisturized and soothes it. With rich natural extracts, this Serum boosts hydration & nourishes to give plumped-up & radiant skin.
- Clean BeautyThis Serum is free from harmful chemicals & toxins. It is Parabens-free, Silicones-free & Sulfates-free. It is a oil-free formula with high-grade Vitamin C. Fade Blemishes In One Go : Regular using the serum for 3 months will help fade blemishes and reduce pigmentation
- Suitable For All Skin TypesThis Serum is suitable for all skin types such as Dry, Oily or Normal. With anti-inflammatory ingredients, it is ideal for even sensitive skin.
- ✅Packed with the goodness of vitamin C that is derived from natures superfood Kakadu Plum improves skin texture and nourishes deeply to help retain your skin's natural RADIANT glow.
- ✅Hydrates and Plumps Hyaluronic Acid acts as an excellent humectant that draws and binds moisture to the skin and helps with signs of aging. The subtle & soothing aroma will elevate your mood as you apply it on your face.
- ✅Smoothens and Firms Stimulates the production of collagen that maintains the integrity of the skin for a youthful and firm complexion. This premium face serum helps enhance skin elasticity, soothe skin and minimize pores.
- ✅KOREAN BEAUTY SECRETS: Relish the loving touch of nourished and hydrated skin daily. Crafted using acclaimed Korean formulations, it deeply replenishes the nutrition to maintain a healthy glow on your face while protecting you against UVA & UVB
- ✅NATURAL INGREDIENTS, NO TOXINS: Crafted following strict guidelines of THE PILGRIM CODE, this face serum is FDA approved, Contains No Paraben, No Sulphate, No Mineral Oils as well as other harsh chemicals and is Cruelty-free.
How to choose and use the best vitamin C serum
Go for pure vitamin C: “Your product should say ‘L-ascorbic acid’ (a.k.a. pure vitamin C) on the label,” says Marguerite Germain, M.D., a dermatologist practicing in Charleston, SC. L-ascorbic acid mixes well with other forms of vitamin C, too, like ascorbyl glucoside and tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate. “They feed out the vitamin C at different rates, allowing long-term protection with less irritation,” she adds.
Spot standout ingredients: The perfect vitamin C serum has additional antioxidants, like green tea polyphenols, vitamin E, or ferulic acid. “Products that contain L-ascorbic acid along with other antioxidants offer the most protection against skin damage because there are lots of different types of free radicals that break down collagen,” Dr. Germain says. It’s a little like food: “You don’t want to eat only one thing, even if that one thing is healthy.”
Look for A+ packaging: Vitamin C is the diva of the skin care world, meaning it’s super unstable and loses its power if you store it in a well-lit, humid place (like in your bathroom!). “Any vitamin C product that turns brown or discolored is breaking down and should be returned,” says Dr. Germain. This is why you’ll often see vitamin C serums in dark bottles.
Still, there are so many different vitamin C serums to choose from, so which one should you use? Don’t stress, we asked dermatologists for their favorites to make the search a little easier. Apply one of these vitamin C serums in the morning after cleansing—but before sunscreen (yes, you still need sunscreen!)—for the best results.
Benefits Of Vitamin C Serum
A vitamin C serum can provide the following benefits:
- Brightens and smoothens the skin and reduces dullness.
- Evens out the skin tone and lightens dark patches and under-eye dark circles.
- Controls acne and pimples and fades scars and hyperpigmentation.
- Boosts the production of collagen, which is a natural protein in your skin. Collagen deficiency causes signs of aging.
- Naturally hydrates your skin.
- Improves skin texture and boosts its elasticity.
- Minimizes the appearance of wrinkles, age spots, fine lines, and signs of sun damage.
If you are now convinced of the skin-friendly properties of vitamin C serum, scroll down to learn the best way to use it.
How To Use A Vitamin C Serum
Apply a little amount of the vitamin C serum to a small patch of your skin. Wait for 24 hours. If you observe any side effects, discontinue use. If there are no adverse effects, massage a couple of drops of the serum onto your face. Use the product religiously for about two to three months to get good results.
Here are a few things you should keep in mind before investing in a vitamin C serum.
- Step 1: Wash your face well.
- Step 2: This is the time for you to pass some skin purifier or pores, such as toners if you have a habit of passing something like this.
- Step 3: Apply vitamin C serum to the face. Rub any excess on your hands, neck and lap.
- Step 4: Apply your moisturizers.
- Step 5: Apply any creams you use to the eye region.
- Step 6: Pass sunscreen and let it dry. (Very important!)
- Step 7: Do your makeup.
Following this walkthrough, there is no error; apply the products, and your skin will look phenomenal in just a few days!
How Often Should I Use?
‘re. But what about what do I use? How many times a week or a day? Is it okay to go too far? Will it work if I go from less?
You should do the above step by step if possible, but there is also some other information that may be relevant to increasing the effectiveness of serums.
Properly exfoliated skin helps in the penetration of products, making the effects occur faster and with better results. However, as exfoliators, usually leave the skin very sensitive, so it is recommended that on days when you exfoliate, you do not use the serum to avoid irritations or some other discomfort on the skin.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Vitamin C
When to apply vitamin c serum?
You need to apply vitamin c serum after you cleanse and tone your face. But make sure to use it before applying a moisturizer
When to use vitamin c serum day or night?
The best time to apply Vitamin C Serum is in the morning because of their ability to neutralize free radicals and protection from sun damage. It protects skin cells from damaging free radicals caused by UV exposure.
Does vitamin C remove acne scars?
Vitamin C is an antioxidant that has the ability to neutralize free radicals. It inhibits the production of melanin in the skin, which helps to lighten any brown spots or hyperpigmentation and also even out skin tone. Hence it can be used to remove acne scars and enhance skin radiance.
Where to store vitamin c serum?
I’d recommend a dark and cool place, preferably the refrigerator because the refrigeration will help in delaying the oxidation process.
How do you know if vitamin C serum has gone bad? When should you throw out vitamin C serum?
If you notice that the color of the serum is turned brown, then you will know that the serum has oxidized and its time to throw out that Vitamin C Serum
How often should you use vitamin C serum?
You can use it every other day. 2-4 drops is fine.
What can you not mix with vitamin C serum?
Don’t mix Vitamin C with Retinol, Niacinamide, AHA BHA (Glycolic Acid, salicylic acid, lactic acid)