Ceiling fans are the basic requirements for any home. They are used in summers and hot climates to maintain a comfortable temperature inside the room. Ceiling fans circulate the air within the room, making sure the room temperature is maintained. A ceiling fan reduces the temperature in a room by almost 6-7 degrees, which makes the room cooler.
Our Top Pick
10 Best Ceiling Fan Review
- PRODUCT: Crompton's corrosion resistant high performance fan with powder-coated blades for enhanced aesthetics
- TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS: Sweep 1200 mm, Low Power consumption 51 W, Speed 380 RPM, Air delivery 210 CMM
- QUALITY COMPONENTS: 100% copper motor, double ball bearings, dynamically balanced blades;
- PACKAGE CONTENTS: 1 motor, set of 3 blades, set of 2 canopy, 1 down rod, 1 shackle assembly, 1 Safety Cable, 1 product manual along with warranty card
- Material Type: Metal; Mounting Type: Downrod Mount; Collection Name: Crompton Surebreeze Sea Saphira Economy High Speed Ceiling Fan
- ENERGY EFFICIENT BLDC TECHNOLOGY: Atomberg Renesa comes with an energy efficient BLDC motor. This 5-star rated fan provides a superior air delivery of 235 CMM with 360 RPM while consuming only 28W (at speed 5), saving up to 65% in electricity consumption.
- ADDED CONVENIENCE OF REMOTE: Atomberg Renesa fan comes with a Smart IR Remote. IR remotes are easy to use without the hassle of pairing. Adjust the fan's speed or activate its unique features like boost mode, timer, or sleep mode at the click of a button.
- SLEEK & UNIQUE DESIGN: Atomberg Renesa has a sleek and modern design with LED lights that elevates the decor of your room.
- BLADE FINISH: Powder Coated Matte Finish
- 2+1 YEAR WARRANTY: Atomberg Renesa ceiling fan comes with a standard two-year warranty. An additional one-year warranty can be availed of by registering your purchase on the Atomberg website.
- CONSISTENT SPEED EVEN AT LOW VOLTAGE: Atomberg Renesa ceiling fan runs with no drop in speed during voltage fluctuations ranging between 165V-285V, thereby maintaining consistency. It runs 3X longer on an inverter battery when compared to ordinary fans, allowing you to enjoy consistent airflow even during power outages.
- Sweep : 1200mm, Power : 56W, Air Delivery : 205CMM;Double Ball Bearing : Increases load bearing capacity and durability
- Quick-start High Torque Motor : Provides instant comfort by achieving high performance quickly;Ribbed Blades : Improves Blades Stability
- Warranty : 2 years on product;Warranty: 2 years
- Power: 56 watts;Includes: 1 Ceiling Fan
- Mounting Type: Downrod Mount; Controller Type: Button Control; Material Type: Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene
- For product related issues contact brand customer care for faster resolution
- Metallic paint finish
- Motor with decorative ring
- Decorative trims on blades and canopy
- Double Ball Bearing
- Energy Efficient Induction Motor
- PRODUCT : Motor, Double Ball Bearings, Meta Finish Looks, Superb Performance, BEE 5 Star Rating Star Fan, Suitable for Kitchen / Veranda / Balcony / Small Room
- TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS : Blade Size: 900 mm; Fan Speed: 440 RPM High Speed; Air Delivery: 230 CMM, Number of Speed Setting: 4/5, Dynamically Balanced Blades. Superior components for longer life!
- PACKAGE CONTENTS : 1 Ceiling Fan, 1 Motor, Set of Blades, Set of 2 Canopy, 1 Down Rod, 1 Shackle assembly, Instructions Manual and Warranty Card; IMPROVED AESTHETICS : Number of Blades: 3, Power: 74 watts, Voltage : 220 V - 240 V, 100% CNC Winding
- WARRANTY SERVICE : 2 Years Best-in-class Warranty
- Controller Type: Regulator; Material Type: CNC Winding; Mounting Type: Downrod Mount; Finish Type: Glossy
- PRODUCT : Motor, Double Ball Bearings, Meta Finish Looks, Superb Performance, BEE 5 Star Rating Star Fan, Suitable for Kitchen / Veranda / Balcony / Small Room.
- TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS : Blade Size: 1200mm; Fan Speed: 400 RPM High Speed; Air Delivery: 230 CMM, Number of Speed Setting: 4/5, Dynamically Balanced Blades. Superior components for longer life!
- PACKAGE CONTENTS : 1 Ceiling Fan, 1 Motor, Set of Blades, Set of 2 Canopy, 1 Down Rod, 1 Shackle assembly, Instructions Manual and Warranty Card; IMPROVED AESTHETICS : Number of Blades: 3, Power: 50 watts, Voltage : 220 V - 240 V, 100% CNC Winding
- WARRANTY SERVICE : 3 Years Best-in-class Warranty including 1 Year Extended Warranty which is activated by product registration. For Registration, kindly contact Candes customer care by emailing the product details once the order is received by you.
- Mounting Type: Downrod Mount; Finish Type: Glossy; Controller Type: Regulator
- PRODUCT: Crompton's premium design ceiling fan with a strong cooling effect
- TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS: Sweep Size 1200 mm; Low Power consumption 52W, Speed 390 RPM; Air Delivery 210 CMM;
- SUPERIOR COMPONENTS: 100% copper motor, double ball bearings and dynamically balanced blades
- RUST FREE: Powder coated aluminum blades offer life long corrosion resistance
- PACKAGE CONTENTS: 1 motor, set of 3 blades, set of 2 canopy, 1 down rod, 1 shackle assembly, 1 Safety Cable, 1 product manual along with warranty card
- GREAT PERFORMANCE: With a fan speed of 350 RPM, the fan delivers 210 CMM airflow.
- EASY MAINTENANCE: Corrosion-resistant galvanised blades ensure easy maintenance and longevity of the product.
- MINIMAL DESIGN: The compact, yet efficient design is easy to clean and maintain.
- DURABLE AND LONG-LASTING: Strong and powerful motor ensures durability and reliability.
- SMOOTH OPERATIONS: The product is equipped with double ball bearing technology for smooth operations.
- INTELLIGENT BLDC MOTOR TO SAVE UPTO INR 7000 ANNUALLY: Energy-efficient motor consumes only 26 W of energy at the highest speed; being a 5-star rated fan, I Tome saves up to INR 7000 annually on your electricity bill.
- HIGH SPEED & AIR FLOW: I Tome operates at a high speed of 370 RPM with air delivery of 220 CMM.
- SMART REMOTE FOR EASE OF OPERATION: Control your fan at the click of a button! The smart remote comes with 5 speed settings and smart features like Boost mode and Timer functionality for 2, 4, 6 and 8 hours.
- INVERTER STABILIZATION TECHNOLOGY: Runs consistently at the same speed even at low and fluctuating voltages between 120-280 V.
- 3 YR ON-SITE WARRANTY: Orient I Tome comes with a 3 year on-site manufacturer’s warranty.
- PACKAGE INCLUDES 1 Motor unit, 1 Down Rod, 1 Shackle Kit, 1 remote, a pair of batteries, a pair of Canopies and 3 blades.
- Ultra High Speed of 400 RPM (Revolutions per minute). Volts : 230V
- Designed to perform well even at low voltage
- Unique Blade design for high Air delivery and thrust
- Glossy Powder Coated Superior Finish
- Superior grade electric steel lamination for improved life
- Warranty: 2 Year's Manufacturer Warranty
How to choose the right Ceiling Fan – Buying Guide & Review
A ceiling fan is an electrical appliance that you will find in every property. It is the most convenient and cheap way to get air circulation in any particular area.
India has got very hot climatic conditions due to which, this appliance has always got a blooming statistics in this nation. It is very common to have at least 2-3 fans in every house, that would run all day long, all over the year.
Due to which, the sales graph of ceiling fans is always increasing & over 10 million ceiling fans are sold every year across the nation.
Though, we have got you an amazing buying guide, which will guide you about the factors that you should consider at the time of buying the best ceiling fan in India.
It is the invention that bought a revolution in Electrical Appliance Industry and made living cool at many homes.
You might not find buying a ceiling fan a tough task but it does require a smart mind to know which ceiling fan would be best for your house, office, or any other property.
Factors to Consider While Buying a Ceiling Fan
Being an Indian, budget is one of the most necessary and looked upon the factor that can not be eliminated at all.
There is a wide range of ceiling fans available in India that starts from Rs.1500 & goes up to Rs.5000. Pre-planning the budget would help you to get the best ceiling fan in India at the best price.
A remote-controlled or a BLDC fan wouldn’t settle at a low budget but if you are looking to buy the duo-ball bearing fan, you may probably get few options to consider under Rs. 2000.
Also Read: 7 Best Inverters in India
2. Room Size
When it comes to ceiling fans, there is a lot of variety available based on the size of the ceiling fan. The size ranges from 900mm (36inch) to 1400mm(56inch) but the most opted size is 1200mm(48inch).
Room size is a significant factor that would help to get the perfect fan for the room. You can even install multiple ceiling fans if the room is big.
A chosen fan size is based on the room size as follows:
- 900mm fan size sets for a room with less than 75 sq. feet area.
- 1050mm fan size goes well in a room with 100 sq. feet area.
- 1200mm fan size suits in a room area 100 to 130 sq. feet.
- 1400mm fan size sets a room with 130 to 150 sq. feet area.
- Fan size with more than 1400mm can be taken for room with over 150 sq. feet area.
A body can only function well when the brain is healthy & functioning properly. Similarly, a fan runs perfectly only when it has a motor that works properly constantly.
Characteristics of a good motor are observed through the following:
- High Energy efficiency
- Allow maximum airflow
- Made of high-quality material(Copper-coiled)
- Ability to rotate in both directions.
- No heat loss
- Easy to maintain
- Long life
4. Air Flow
A fan must be able to provide airflow to every nook and acute corner of the given area. The air delivery capacity must be high and it must be spread across the room at a uniform rate.
This feature purely depends on the speed and the angle of the blades of the fan.
5. Blade Pitch/ Tilt
Tilted blades are more efficient in air-delivery than flat blades. Thus, one should buy fans with blades that have a tilt angle of around 12 to 15 degrees.
If this angle exceeds 15 degrees, then the motor efficiency would reduce and you may end up paying high electricity bills.
The Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) rates the ceiling fan based on its power consumption and efficiency. Ceiling fans with 1200mm size are rated efficient if they have power consumption less than 45 watts. Any ceiling fan that consumes over 80 watts is rated as inefficient.
6. Types of Ceiling Fans
There are no specific classifications of fans but they are differentiated according to the climatic conditions.
- Summer Ceiling Fan – There isn’t a big difference in the structure and function but there is a noticeable change in the direction of rotation. The fan rotates in counter-clockwise direction thus pushing warm air upwards and cool air downwards. It is the most common type of ceiling fan that is widely preferred by people in India.
- Winter Ceiling Fan – This ceiling fan rotates in clockwise direction thus pushing warm air downwards and cool air upwards. This is one of the latest technologies, so you may not easily find it in the local markets. Though, the product is available on amazon.
7. Drop Rod
A drop rod is one of the most necessary, yet ignored, parts of a ceiling fan. A minimum distance of 2 to 3 feet from the ceiling, 1 foot from the sidewalls and 7 feet from the floor must be maintained. It ensures proper rotation.
It is necessary to ensure that the fan and the roof-ceiling maintain a gap of at least 24 inches, for which a drop rod is required.
The length of the rod is dependent on the height of the ceiling. A 13 feet high ceiling requires a 48-inch long drop rod while a 12 feet high ceiling requires a 36-inch long drop rod. In most of the Indian houses, a 36-inch long rod is required.
Also Read: Best Vacuum Cleaners
8. Location of installation
The purpose of a ceiling fan can be more effective if it is installed at the proper location in a room. Its location is based on the height of the ceiling and shape of the room, which has been discussed above.
It is mandatory to make sure that there is enough space between the fan blades and the surrounding walls and ceiling. In India, most of the houses have a flat roof, which reduces the complexity of installation work when compared to a sloping roof.
A sloping roof needs the fan below beneath the roof while a flat roof just needs the fan to be installed at least 6 feet above the floor level.
One must note that a ceiling fan must not be installed necessarily at the center of the room. It can vary according to the room dimensions.
Ceiling fans are those electrical appliances that require less maintenance but a bit of consideration would add a few years to the ceiling fan’s life span.
Fan motor lubrication would work out quite well but it is not required as nowadays most of the motors have sealed bearings.
A ceiling fan begins to make a noise when its vibration increases. But, Changing the fan’s ball bearings would decrease the noise & makes the operation more smooth.
A lot of companies are trying to eliminate the user’s hustle, as the good companies are producing the ceiling fans with Brushless DC motor in the current scenario.
Few do’s in the maintenance also includes replacing fan regulators(it may get damage frequently) and cleaning the fan blades to avoid it get heavy through dust settling and few don’ts that wins the list includes interchanging of fan blades.
10. Fresh Features
The latest feature in the ceiling fan is the ability to control it using the remote. This feature is making the customers go crazy to get this trend at their home as it helps to adjust the fan speed without even getting up from your bed.
Ceiling fans with low power consumption ability, decorative lights are also available. These lights can be operated and controlled through various means and they can switch according to the situation.
Best Ceiling Fan Brands in India
Now that we have the top 10 ceiling fans in the market, let me quickly cover the top ceiling fan brands in the market:
Orient Electric Limited is a renowned name in the Indian market. Having been in the industry for more than 60 years, the manufacturer is known to be a one-stop brand when it comes to the top ceiling fan brands in India.
They are the largest manufacturers and exporters of ceiling fans from India, with more than 40 international markets. Orient also has a well-organized distribution network in the Indian market, with more than 4,000 dealers. The manufacturer services 450 cities in the domestic market.
Crompton Consumer Business offers a wide range of fans which include exhaust fans, ceiling fans, table fans, pedestal fans, wall fans and tower fans. The manufacturers also make pumps and household appliances, mixer grinders, geysers, toasters and irons among other electronic products. The company has been in operation for more than 20 years and have more than 150 retain centers in India.
Crompton is one of the best performing businesses in the industry. Besides manufacturing quality products, the manufacturer also offers excellent customer service. All their products are included in 5-star categories when it comes to energy efficiency. Crompton was the first company to achieve more than 1 million sales in 1989.and last year, the company sold over a million fans, making them one of the largest sellers in the world.
Usha manufacturers different types of ceiling fans, table fans, pedestal fans, exhaust fans, tower fans and wall fans. The company produces product models that are designed with utmost care. Usha fans come with reliable and sturdy designs. They also require low maintenance. Most products manufactured by Usha are very affordable, making the brand very popular.
Usha ceiling fans are available in different colors, and they also have a three-layered metallic finish that makes them glossy. The company uses superior technology for all its products, making them a number one choice in most Indian households. With their low prices, you can easily get a high-quality Usha ceiling fan at an affordable cost.
Luminous Power Technology is in no doubt one of the leading power and home electronic experts in the Indian market. The manufacturer offers a large variety of power backup solutions which includes battery and solar appliances, UPS and electrical offerings like fans, switches, LED lighting and wires.
The company has 7 manufacturing units and more than 28 offices in the domestic market. They are available in more than 36 countries. Their aim is to ensure that customers are delighted through innovation and passion with a focus on execution and teamwork. Luminous is one of the top ceiling fan manufacturers that can make your life simple and comfortable.
Havells ceiling fans are an imperative part of every home. The manufacturer produces high-quality ceiling fans that are known for high performance, comfort and safety. Ceiling fans from Havells are also available in the best prices online and they also come in different varieties.
The manufacturer’s goal is to make your house feel like home. They provide decorative fans, energy-saving fans, undelight fans, metallic fans, regular fans among other options. All their products are known for high performance and low energy usage.
Atomberg Technologies (Gorilla Fans)
Atomberg Technologies offer different types of Gorilla Fan that are uniquely designed to meet your needs. All their ceiling fans use less power consumption and they also come in modern designs. Besides, their fans can also be controlled through Alexa and Google Homes.
Besides the stylish designs available in different color options, the ceiling fans will also reduce your power consumption by up to 65%. Atomberg Technology ceiling fans have less air cutting noise, superior air delivery and are remote controlled.
Frequently Asked Questions
Following are the answers to the top questions that ceiling fan buyers to help your purchase decision:
1. Can I use a different size of blades to replace the original ones?
No, you can only use the blades indicated with the unit. The size is perfectly fit with that of the motor to efficient performance.
2. Do the ceiling fans come with a regulator?
No, it has become common that fans come without regulators indicated therewith.
3. What is the difference between 3, 4 and 5 bladed fan?
There’s not much difference between the types as it only just depends on your design preference. The 3 and 4 bladed are the common types. The 5 bladed usually needs a larger motor that has higher energy consumption.
4. Do ceiling fans with metal blades rust?
No, because it has a protective coating on it.
5. What size of fan should I purchase?
The size depends on the size of the room you will be putting the fan. For 100 sq. ft. it should be 30 to 48 inches blade span, for 400 sq. ft. it should be 50-54 inches blade span and for 400 sq. ft. above, the blade should be 56 inches and higher blade span.
Now that you have the FAQs, let’s now jump to the last section to get you fully prepared in finding the best ceiling fan for your home.
Ceiling Fan Buying Tips
These last tips will help you become fully confident in your buying decision:
As there are 100s of models around, the top one you need to consider is how much are you willing to shell out to get the one for your home.
It’s important that you take note which parts and repairs are included in the warranty of the model you are buying. Always go for the one with longer warranty period and lesser exclusions.
Choose the one with the best design suitable for your total house finishing or home interior. For example, if you have a contemporary finishing, go for modern design ceiling fans.
Additional features always equate to additional cost. So if you don’t need additional light kits or a remote-controlled one, go for the model that fits your most important minimum requirements.
That’s all you need to know to become 100% decided without any regrets and bring home best ceiling fan for you and your family.
By the way here’s a short video on how to clean your ceiling fan that you’ll love and need after your purchase:
Leave a Comment