Is there a greater aroma than freshly baked bread? Bread machines are smart kitchen gadgets that take the guesswork out of baking your breads. Newer models can produce a wide range of breads, from hearty whole grain breads to sweet and buttery brioche. Some models also feature marmalade and pizza dough settings, so now you can do more than ever with these versatile machines.
Here are the 10 Best Bread Makers in India.
Let’s take a look at the Best Bread Makers!
Finding the best was next up on our list of challenges. After several hours of testing, we decided on a few models that we think are suited.
Here are the Top 10 & Best Bread Makers in 2021
- Use this Bread maker machine as roti maker ; dough maker ; to create bread whole wheat
- Customise ingredients by using different types of flour and treat yourself to delicious, healthy varieties of bread such as sweet, brown, wheat or oats bread
- Adjustable crust control - light, medium and dark; Easy to operate and its detachable components make it easy to clean and store
- This bread maker comes with three loaf sizes option i.e. 500, 750 grams and 1000 grams, Keep Warm Function - Yes and comes with 1 year warranty
- The pan is detachable and easy to remove to take out the bread and to clean the same after use. A handle is also provided to lift the pan
- Beautiful stainless-steel body/housing with soft-touch buttons; backlit LCD display atop
- Comes with 12 program menus including Basic, French, Whole Wheat, Quick, Sweet, Ultra- Fast, no-Gluten, Dough, Jam, Cake, Bake; Home Made
- Loaf size options of 1.5lb (680 g) or 2lb (900 g)
- Adjustable browning control, Light, Medium or Dark
- Fully automatic function from kneading to baking, keep warm to automatic fruit; nut dispensing
- KENT Smart Bread Maker and Atta Maker is a convenient and hygienic way to prepare dough for chapattis and puris and fresh bread
- It involves time-based function and one-touch operation for easy mixing of ingredients and kneading of atta
- Versatile enough to bake your favorite kind of bread, be it Basic Bread, French Bread, Ultra-Fast Bread, Corn Bread etc
- The appliance comes with 19 programme menus, to prepare other items like cake, jam, pizza dough, sticky rice, etc.
- Comes with functions for personalized flavours and crust of your choice
- Additional accessories including measuring cup, measuring spoon, and kneading panel remover for added convenience
- HEALTHY AND HOMEMADE: Experience hygienic and convenient bread baking and atta kneading with the Regalia Atta Kneader & Bread Maker. Say goodbye to the hassles of hand kneading as the automatic operations of kneading, baking, and fermenting take care of everything, ensuring a hygienic and hassle-free process
- VERSATILE MENU OPTIONS: With 19 pre-programmed menu options, you can make a range of recipes including gluten-free multi-grain breads, cakes, and jams.
- EASY OPERATION: Simply add the ingredients and select from the digital controls to choose from a variety of options. The appliance takes care of the rest. The appliance handles all aspects of the baking process, including kneading, setting, heating, and baking, for hassle-free bread making.
- TIME-SAVING SOLUTION: Perfect for busy cooks or those who don't have time to knead atta daily, this appliance offers advanced features while saving precious time.
- 15-HOUR DELAY TIMER : Enjoy the convenience of overnight baking with the 15-hour delay timer and keep your bread warm for up to 60 minutes.
- ADJUSTABLE CRUST CONTROL: Customize your bread's crust with three options - light, medium, or dark - to suit your taste preferences.
- Bread Maker 3034 is the perfect appliance to make fresh and aromatic breads at your home
- Fully automatic kneading and baking operation || 12 settings for different kinds of bread || 615 W
- Keeps the bread warm up to 1 Hour || 3.5 litre / 700 – 1000 g bread || Memory function up to 10 minutes to help in power failures
- Choice of 3 crust settings || Detachable baking pan || Cool touch housing with an easy lift lid & viewing window
- Electronic control panel || An audible tone signals to add mix-in ingredients
- Automatic fruit and nut dispenser: no need to wait around during the kneading process if you want to add mix ins to your dough – the bread maker machine features an automatic fruit and nut dispenser that will do it for you at the ideal time.
- Fresh homemade bread in just 3 steps: just add your ingredients to the bread maker, select the cycle and press start.
- 14 programmed cycles: bread maker settings include: basic, French, sweet, 1. 5 lb. Express, 2 lb. Express, quick bread (no yeast), gluten free, artisan dough, whole grain, dough, rise, bake, jam and cake.
- Customizable size and shade: choose from light, medium, or dark crust options and 1, 1. 5 or 2 lb. Loaf sizes.
- Dishwasher safe parts: the bread machine pan and paddle are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
- [Durable Stainless Steel] The mixing blade of the bread machine is made of high quality stainless steel, which is strong, environmentally friendly, durable and corrosion resistant.
- [Non Stick Design] The surface has a non stick coating, food grade safe, easy to clean and use, which can effectively improve the stirring efficiency.
- [Perfect Compatibility] The bread machine blade can perfectly replace the original mixing blade on the bread machine without buying a new bread machine.
- [Easy Installation] Produced according to the original specifications, with high matching degree, easy to install and disassemble, it is a practical accessory for bread machine.
- [Excellent Design] Exquisite craftsmanship and high accuracy design, long service life, please check the model of your device before buying this item.
- Fully automatic kneading and baking function for perfect bread
- Fully automatic kneading and baking operation || 12 settings for different kinds of bread, wholewheat bread, cakes and doughs for buns or pizza
- Keeps the bread warm up to 1 Hour || 3.5 litre / 700 – 1000 g bread || Memory function up to 10 minutes to help in power failures
- Choice of 3 crust settings || Electronic control panel
- An audible tone signals time to add mix-ins such as nuts or fruit ||Memory function up to 10 minutes in case of power failure
- Easy to lift lid with a viewing window || Measuring scoop and cup included
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Nabaat Bread Maker Cover is Constructed with Nylon Waterproof Fabric, this small appliance cover will stand up nicely without Bread maker machine in it, and can serve you well for years to come.
- STANDARD FIT: Measuring 15(L) x 11(B) x 12.5(H) inches, this standard fit most standard Bread maker machines. (COVER ONLY)
- PROTECT YOUR Bread maker: Nabaat Bread maker cover keeps your beloved machine under wraps while being protected from various kitchen elements including dust, dirt, stains, spills, fingerprints, scratches and more. It is padded to prevent the small appliance from tiny impacts. You can be assured that you will have the machine look as good as new.
- WATER RESISTANT: Nabaat Bread maker cover is water-resistant which protects your valuable toaster against water, oil, moisture, dirts, etc.
- INTIMATE DESIGN: The color Black goes well with every type of kitchen counter table or decorations. A sturdy top handle for taking off the cover easily and front pocket to hold Jam spreader Knife, Toaster tong, recipe, and more. Easily be folded and stored when not in use.
- 【Premium Material】The breadmaker paddle is made of high quality Non‑stick Coating Carbon Steel durable and sturdy to use.
- 【Easy to carry】Reasonable size and light weight, our bread machine is convenient to carry.Total Size (L x H): Approx. 65 x 38mm / 2.6 x 1.5inch.Tube Size ( Dia. x H): Approx. 2 x 1.8cm / 0.8 x 0.7inch
- 【High Mixing efficiency】Our bread maker paddle is non-stick, easy to and use, improve the mixing efficiency.
- 【Make Delicious Food】 With this bread machine kneading blade, it can help you make variety of delicious food.
- 【Check the Size】Our breadman paddle is not Suit for all bread machine,Please check the size of this breadmaker paddle and your old one, to make sure it will fit your bread machine.
Bread Maker Machine Buying Guide
When buying a bread maker, there are many things to think of. We have detailed here some of the most important points that you must consider before buying a bread maker machine for home. So, keep reading to get full insight into it.
Types of Bread Maker
The two types of bread makers are the vertical bread maker and the horizontal bread maker. The difference between these bread makers relies on the shape of the bread they produce.
1. Vertical Bread Maker
The vertical bread maker machine produces the usual shape of bread, which is the rectangular, brick shape. Most vertical bread makers only come with one single attached kneading paddle with one spare. If you are not the type of person who cares about the shape of bread, then the vertical bread maker machine is for you.
2. Horizontal Bread Maker
In the horizontal bread maker machine, you can control the shape of the bread. The look of the bread that comes out of it can mimic the ones you see in bakeries. It comes with two kneading paddles and a spare.
Parts of the Bread Maker
Bread maker machines come with different parts that can make it the best choice or a deal-breaker. The two parts you need to focus on are the bread pan and the kneading paddles.
1. Bread Pan
There are bread maker machines that come with a detachable pan or completely removable. On that same note, there are pans that are made with a non-stick material while there are others in the market that have aluminum or cast iron options.
The material of the pans combined with programmed settings helps determine the browning of your bread crust.
2. Kneading Paddles or Kneading Blades
The kneading paddles or kneading blades are often a big problem in bread maker machines. The reason behind this is that the kneading paddles are the most working part of a bread maker. So, it must be strong enough to handle kneading dough for long hours of days.
Some models have a separate dough hook, such as the Bajaj Platini. It can be an additional or essential part of the bread maker machine.
Make sure that these parts are durable. You can also note that there are models that come with spare parts. If you want, buy these spare parts in advance or take note of the price to save up money.
If you are a beginner or a pro, looking for convenience, the bread maker machine you choose should match your abilities with space for improvement. The panel consists of the controls that will help you decide on the outcome of the bread you’re making. Hence, choosing the right one matters. People often skip this step and end up in a bind as they find themselves confused.
Find the right panel and make sure that it is user-friendly and matches your needs and level of baking. In addition to that, verify that it has the settings that allow you to make varieties of bread and is non-sensitive. It will help you make it a one-time purchase, or a long-time one until you outgrow it.
Quality pertains to two things: the machine’s quality and the bread it produces. Often, people only look at brand names with expensive price tags. That’s not the proper course to take when it comes to purchases, and bread maker machines are not an exemption. High bread maker price does not equate great quality. It comes down to durability, warranty, effectiveness, and bread quality.
Bread maker machines are not cheap. Purchasing one is meant to be cost-effective, meaning it will lessen the expenses spent on bread and other pastries. The materials used in making the bread maker machines should matter. The parts that make-up the machine are vital in the bread-making process.
Choose bread maker machines made with strong materials. There are models that offer stainless steel or plastic outer parts that make it durable.
1. LCD vs. Clear Window Display
When buying a bread maker machine, you have three options to know what stage your bread-making progress is. You can rely on the machine when it beeps or goes for bread maker machines with clear window displays or LCD.
There are Backlit LCD that will update you on the progress of the bread through its screen. However, if you want one that mimics the oven where you can see the bread, a clear window display is the way to go.
2. Multifunctional Bread Makers and Multi-cookers
An example of a multifunctional bread maker and multi-cooker is the Vitek Smart Chef Bread Maker and Multi-Cooker. Bread makers are appliances and will take up counter space. It is understandable to want to compromise and go for a multifunctional appliance.
A pure bread maker, on the other hand, does not mean it is only for bread. Many of those listed above can make cheese and even yogurt. Pure bread maker machines have additional features that can be enticing to those who want to buy it.
3. Healthy Options
KENT Atta can make yogurts, and that’s an excellent feature for people who want to make a healthier lifestyle for themselves. Sharp has a nut and fruit dispenser, which releases fruits and nuts at the optimum time to equally distribute the additives. So the bread comes out fresh with the nuts and fruits remaining their nutrients. Most of the products listed above encourage no preservatives and use only organic ingredients. It pushes for healthy options.
4. Pre-programmed Settings
Pre-programmed options are a great help for people who are still new to baking. The selections will help modify the outcome of the bread, depending on your taste and make the learning process much easier. Pre-programmed settings are connected to the panel but deserve to be highlighted in its own right.
5. Quick Options
There are bread makers that can make bread in as short as one hour, including proving. Oster has Express Bake that can produce bread in as little as one hour. There are pre-programmed settings on models such as Hamilton Beach that concentrate on bread that do not use yeast but other risers such as baking soda. Quick option is a feature that can make a big difference for people who are always on the go.
6. Warming Options
Many of the bread maker machines listed above have a keep warm option or delayed setting options. It will give users the advantage to set the time when the cycle starts or start the cycle now and come back to baked bread.
Factors to consider while buying a Bread Maker Machine
There are two main types of bread makers you can avail, which are as follows:VerticalHorizontal
2. Loaf Size
The capacity of a bread maker or the size of the loaf that this machine can produce is a very important thing to consider before you make any purchase. You need a bread maker with a greater capacity if you are looking to feed a large family.
Therefore, you should find the right pan size that can churn out the right sized loaf for your requirements.
3. Material of Bread Pan
The materials generally used for making bread pans are either thin aluminium or heavy cast aluminium. Aluminium is a popular choice because of its ability to distribute heat uniformly. The type of pan that you use is very important in determining the kind of crust your bread will have.
Thin aluminium sheets are usually for making light or medium crusts. However, bread makers whose bread pan is made of heavy cast aluminium are able to produce thicker and darker crusts.
4. Pre-Programmed Settings
Every bread maker in the market today will come with its own list of pre-programmed settings. Some of the most commonly available settings include gluten-free bread, sourdough, and pizza dough, along with a variety of crust options.
You can access all of these settings easily from the control panel. However, one thing to consider before making any purchase is whether these settings are customizable.
A programmable model will allow you to customize the course of the baking. It will also let you adjust the time for kneading, baking, and rising as per your requirements.
Since these pre-programmed settings may be a little complicated for some users, most bread makers come with an elaborate user manual to help you through it all.
5. Time Taken
The standard baking time of a bread maker is an important thing to consider. You can determine this by measuring how much time it takes to make one loaf of bread. None of us prefer a slow machine, especially when we are in a hurry.
Usually, a bread maker will take about 3-4 hours to finish a standard white bread cycle which includes mixing and kneading of dough, punch down, as well as rise and bake time.
This baking time will vary depending on the type of bread that you are making. For example, baking whole wheat bread will take significantly longer than baking regular white bread.
6. Automatic Dispenser
Some bread preparations will require you to add certain ingredients in the later steps of the bread-making process. These may be various condiments like fruits and nuts.
An automatic dispenser is a handy device that determines the right time to add in ingredients and then adds them, uniformly across the bread, by itself.
You can simply add everything at the beginning of the bread-making process and leave everything else to the dispenser. However, a lot of models come without this handy dispenser. They usually come with an audible beeper that indicates the right time to add in your ingredients.
7. Delayed Timer
The delayed timer is a very useful feature which also makes it very popular amongst customers. There are some models in the market that will allow you to set the timer even 13-15 hours in advance.
This feature is something you can put to use if you like having freshly baked bread every morning. All you need to do is set the timer to bake before you go off to sleep at night.
8. Kneading Paddles
The kneading paddle or kneading blade is one of the most important things to consider before purchasing a bread maker. This is because it’s these kneading paddles that perform a greater part of the work involved in the baking process.
Therefore, you must make sure that these kneading pads are strong enough to endure the pressure of kneading dough for long hours.
Some bread makers come with a separate dough hook which is a very essential and useful addition. You should make sure that the kneading paddles are durable enough. Some models even come with spare parts.
9. Quality of Bread
The integral structure of a bread maker plays a vital role in the quality of bread that is produced. Most machines come with numerous customizable options that allow you to adjust and customize almost everything that goes on in the baking process.
Always try to purchase a bread maker with a proven quality mark. You should opt for bread makers that can handle more varieties than just basic flour. This is because basic flour will not be useful in producing healthy varieties of bread such as gluten-free bread.
10. “Keep Warm” Feature
A lot of bread makers will keep your bread warm even after it’s baked up till a certain amount of time. It is a handy feature if you like to have your bread fresh and warm.
11. Quick Baking
A lot of bread makers come with a Quick Baking or Express baking option. This option is for when you are in a hurry. It can bake you bread in less than an hour however, there will be a noticeable drop in the quality of bread.
12. Control Panel
The bread maker that you choose should be compatible with your skills. You may either be a beginner or a professional, but if you are looking for convenience then you need to choose the right kind of control panel for yourself.
Make sure that the control panel is user-friendly and something you can easily operate. The control panel should also adequately match all your baking needs.
Microprocessors are a modern addition that has made modern bread makers substantially more efficient than the older models.
Unlike older machines, that only use simple heating, microprocessors make subtle adjustments throughout the bread-making process to add to the overall taste of the bread. A good quality microprocessor will make sure to produce consistently delicious bread every time.
14. Viewing window
Since you cannot open the lid during the bread making process, some bread makers come with a viewing window attached to the top lid. This will allow you to constantly and easily monitor whatever it is that is happening inside the bread maker.
15. Ending Alert
This is a simple but important feature that you can find in most good bread makers. It is a simple alert to indicate when the bread-making process is finished. This makes sure you do not forgetfully leave the baked loaf in the machine for too long.
Is it worth buying a bread maker?
You should get a bread machine if you need to make many loaves or need the extra convenience. Maybe you are tired of making bread by hand and have a busy schedule or have a physical disability. … At the end of the day, bread machines are very convenient, useful, and worth every penny. (Best Bread Maker in India)
How long can homemade bread last?
To prevent mold, it should be kept sealed at room temperature or colder. Room-temperature bread typically lasts 3–4 days if it’s homemade or up to 7 days if it’s store-bought. Refrigeration can increase the shelf life of both commercial and homemade bread by 3–5 days.
Does bread maker use much electricity?
In short, a standard bread maker uses 0.36 kWh per loaf to bake a white or wholemeal loaf on the standard-setting whereas baking a loaf in an electric oven is about 1.6kWh peruse and a gas oven typically consumes around 1.5kWh of energy peruse.
How does bread making work?
Bread is the product of baking a mixture of flour, water, salt, yeast, and other ingredients. The basic process involves mixing of ingredients until the flour is converted into a stiff paste or dough, followed by baking the dough into a loaf. … It is gluten that gives dough these special properties.
Can you use regular flour in bread machine?
One of the most common questions refers to the type of flour you can use for bread machine baking. While the abundance of flour varieties may confuse you, you’ll be glad to know that you can actually use regular (all-purpose) flour for most recipes including baking in a bread machine.