You don’t need the best food processors to cook, but you definitely need them.
No products found.
For us amateur chefs, this is even closer. People cook for a variety of reasons; some cook to save money; others for fun. It would certainly be much nicer, if not incredibly useful, to somehow cut down on some tasks and save time. Food processors are an adequate answer to this need.
In this article, you will learn more about what these food processors are capable of, whether they are worth buying, and how a consumer can choose the best food processors for the home.
Here are the 10 Best Food Processors in India.
Let’s take a look at the Best Drill Presses!
Finding the best was next up on our list of challenges. After several hours of testing, we decided on a few models that we think are suited.
Here are the Top 10 & Best Food Processors in 2021
- Philips Domestic Appliances is Asia’s most trusted brand(As per Research by ibrands360 & WCRCINT. Category: Home Appliances.)
- HL7763/ Mixer Grinder with 75W turbo power motor and 4 jars, for perfect grinding, chopping, kneading & juicing
- Turbo torque density motor supports grinding of even the toughest spices like turmeric, garam masala, pepper and get the finest of results
- 3 speed settings for superior grinding performance for coarse and fine grinding. RPM Motor -With load : 115 rpm
- The mixer grinder comes with 3 custom sized jars for Indian recipes with high grade stainless steel blades for fine grinding experience of dry and wet ingredients
- Specially designed gear drive technology enables RPM reduction for performing low speed food preparation which provides not just finest mixer grinding but also chopping, grating, slicing and kneading
- Many Tasks One Master- 12 Different Applications
- 13 Attachments. Full SS reversible blades. 100% Copper Motor
- 1000 W for Powerful Performance. Frequency 50 Hz, Voltage 230V. 1 Impact Resistant Jars, 2 Stainless Steel Jars and 1 Food Processing Bowl
- Citrus and Centrifugal Juicing Attachments
- 3 Speed Setting+Pulse. Premium Black SS Finish
- Jar Quantities: Capacity of Bowl -2.4 L. Capacity of Blender Jar -1.5 L. Capacity of Multipurpose Jar -1.0 L. Capacity of Chutney Jar -0.5 L
- Sturdy and powerful 600 watts, 18000 RPM motor, 3 speed control & pulse function
- Efficient processing, grinding, liquidizing, juicing and atta kneading
- Unbreakable polycarbonate processing bowl with lid
- 1.5 litre unbreakable polycarbonate liquidizing jar with stainless steel blade
- 1.0 litre stainless steel grinding jar with multi-function stainless steel blade
- 0.3 litre stainless steel chutney jar with stainless steel blade
- Ultimate kitchen multi-tasker– With 100% Pure Copper Motor of 650-Watt that makes your processing faster & more efficient. Be it chopping, dough-mix, slicing, shredding & grating whatever ingredients you’ll have your work will be done in a jiffy, Over Load Protector for Motor Safety. Power Requirement AC 230 V
- All in one–This appliance is suitable for chopping, shredding, slicing and emulsifying foods. It can make citrus and vegetable juice, beat cake batter and egg whites, knead bread-dough & grind meats and vegetables
- Savour the flavour- With precise slicing and dicing, the perfection of each piece allows for even cooking, even flavors and a perfectly textured plate of produce. The end result - a dish that tastes as good as it looks
- -Blades are made of high-quality steel which can be used for coarse or fine chopping, pureeing, blending & processing cake mixtures.1.5L Polycarbonate BPA-Free Blender Jar & 1L Multipurpose Stainless-Steel Jar to ensure durability
- Get more time for yourself- Ideal for preparing large meals with large capacity of 1L. It can process a wide range of ingredients with ease. No need to stop, you can process large volumes of food in one go. Save time, meal prep & money with Fiesta
- Wide feeder tube - Can fit large foods like a whole block of cheese for quick, easy processing and less prep time
- Spend Less Time In The Kitchen-This multi-function 1000W food processor comes quipped with 100% Copper Motor & does it all. Ideal for busy kitchens when space is at a premium. Deal with any tasks including grinding,blending,mixing & juicing.Perform multiple tasks with just one appliance
- Unlimited Functions - This appliance is suitable for chopping, shredding, slicing and emulsifying foodsIt can make citrus and vegetable juice, beat cake batter and egg whites, knead bread-dough & grind meats and vegetable , Cord Plug / Length :3 Pins, 1.1 m
- 1.5L PC BPA-Free Blender Jar,1.0L Dry Grinding Jar,400ml Chutney Jar. Whatever ingredients you’ll have your work will be done in a jiffy. RPM Bowl side( at no Load ) at Max. Speed 2000 Max. RPM Jar Side (at no Load ) at Max. Speed. Input Supply: 230 V, AC
- Savour The Flavour-- With precise slicing and dicing, the perfection of each piece allows for even cooking, even flavors and a perfectly textured plate of produceThe end result - a dish that tastes as good as it looks
- Sit & Relax, Let The Food Processor Do All The Work For You- The capacity of the main bowl is 2L making it ideal for preparing large meals.No need to stop, you can process large volumes of food in one go. Save time, meal prep & money
- Wide Feeder Tube - Can fit large foods like a whole block of cheese for quick, easy processing and less prep time
- Nutri - blend FP (Food Processor)comes with extra attachments - a Big Jar for yummy shakes, a compact but fully functional Chopper, offering an all-in-one solution that functions as a mixer, grinder, blender, food processorand atta kneader – all in one
- Powerful Motor: The compact yet powerful machine grinds the toughest of chutneys and masalas, and ensures nutrition extraction from all fruits and veggies thanks to its incredibly high speed of 22,000 RPM, which is almost twice that of normal mixer-grinders
- Stainless Steel Blades: Super quality surgical stainless steel blades are able to grind everything and stay sharp despite working at high speeds. They extract every ounce of immunity enhancing anti-oxidants, pain relieving Omega 3s, proteins, vitamins & minerals from your foods
- Specialised Functions: The Long Jar (500ml) comes with 4-wing blade for mixing-blending and the Short Jar (300ml) with 2-wing flat blade for grinding to make all kinds of chutneys, shakes, smoothies and masalas. The blades are inter-changeable and can be used with the big jar too. The Food Processor has its own super-sharp chopping blade, and a steel disc for making slices &juliennes. Two useful lids – for storing and sprinkling come with the product
- 2 Years Warranty & After Sales Service: Reliable Wonderchef warranty with the best after-sales service in over 12,000 pin codes across India. Also buy Spares & Accessories on Amazon
- Multipurpose: Inox 1000 Plus is an all in 1 food processor that can replace several other appliances such as Blender, Juicer, Whisker, Kneader, Grinder, etc. from your kitchen.
- Pre-Set Modes: No need to scratch your head when you want to use different functions. Use this food processor for your different needs just by selecting the desired function from the pre-set menu buttons.
- Durable: It comes with 1000 Watts powerful motor that has 1% copper winding. Durability & performance are not in question.
- 5 function SS Cutter Discs: The 5 function 304SS Cutter discs are capable of chopping, shredding & slicing almost everything from veggies to high-fat meat.
- Multi-functional: Inalsa Inox 1 Plus food processor is suitable for chopping, shredding, slicing and emulsifying foods. It can make citrus and vegetable juice, beat cake batter and egg whites, knead bread-dough & grind meat and vegetables.
- Superior Quality & Multi-Purpose Jars- These are made from high-quality steel which can be used for powerful processing. 1.5 L transparent Blender Jar, 1 L SS 34 Wet/Dry Grinding Jar, 4 ml Chutney Jar. Whatever ingredients you’ll have your work will be done in a jiffy.
What is a Food Processor?
Most cooks (not everyone though) usually hate the idea of chopping, mashing potatoes, kneading dough, etc., as they are pretty boring. Thus, like them, if you, too, are looking for a perfect kitchen assistant, then a food processor can be ideal for you.
Aside from doing all the aforementioned tasks, it can also help in grinding spices, making juice, and many more. Hence, with it by your side, you can save a lot of your time and cook the perfect dish for you and your family.
Some of India’s best food processors also come with a bowl, which can be used for making the dough. However, the size of the same will depend on the model that you are thinking about buying. So, be sure to go for something that fulfils your requirements.
Why would I want a Food Processor?
The reason why so many people have a food processor is that the appliance helps make preparation tasks for food much simpler.
Today with new advancements in technology, a good unit with a strong motor and sharp blades can produce restaurant-quality results, from tomato slices to peanut butter, without requiring you to do anything other than inserting the food and pulsing the blade.
A food processor can help mix a dressing or dip right; it can help knead pie or pasta dough; it can grind meat and crush seeds, spices, etc.; it can shred cheese as swiftly as it shreds vegetables; some models can even whip cream and egg. And most importantly, it does all those things with a much shorter amount of time.
If you’ve already had a blender, you’d really enjoy the benefit of food processors. Saving loads on time, they can really make a difference in your daily kitchen routine.
What Size of Food Processors Should I get?
It depends on the workload you’re looking at and the functions you’re going to need that the sizes of the processors become relevant.
1. Large Food Processors
Large food processors refer to units with a large work bowl, usually from 12 to 16 cups. They come with the strongest motors and largest feed tubes compared to their smaller counterparts. The generous dimensions of the bowl and its details speed up the makings of dishes like big-portion salad or coleslaw by multiple folds.
The spacious container allows for a greater volume of food, which is especially helpful when you have to take your time with whatever is in the making. And with a wide chute, much time can be saved on trying to cut a piece of produce that fit the chute.
2. Medium Food Processors
Usually grouped from 7 to 11 cups of capacity, medium food processors are basically minimized large ones. They have all the functions of a typical large processor, just with a smaller work bowl and weaker motor.
If your daily cooking is mainly for one or two people, a medium-size unit should be a wonderful choice.
3. Small Food Processors/Mini Choppers
Small food processors are commonly known as mini choppers because of their main functions.
With a small work bowl— which is usually under 7 cups and has no feed chute— and a chopping blade, they can aid in simple prepping tasks like pureeing food, grinding nuts or dried fruits, cutting up garlic and onion, and sometimes kneading some dough if the need arises.
Because mini choppers can chop and mix at the same time and with great speed, making mayonnaise, vinaigrette, or mustard is especially easy with their help. With a good mini chopper, you can even make nut butter with minimum efforts.
Food Processor Buying Guide
In terms of features and specs, there are a few things worth keeping in mind when it comes to food processors:
As there are different sizes, the strength of the motor varies. The weakest that we’ve seen is 250 watts, and nothing up to this point has passed 1200 watts. The higher the power, the more decisive and consistent the cuts are.
Mini processors are for small jobs, so they typically don’t need more than 450 watts of power. From medium size up to large, you’ll have access to more precision features, which results in the need for more motor power.
Processors with the highest performance ratings are often found in the range of 720 watts (1 horsepower) to 1300 watts. With ample power, these stronger machines are capable and competent at more challenging tasks; they also offer you a broader collection of tools to exploit the motor’s full potential.
In addition, the quality of the motor is of great importance. Processing tough and sticky ingredients can be very challenging, and a poorly-made engine won’t be able to handle it well. That’s why it’s crucial to choose a reliable brand so as to reduce the chance of you bringing home a nuisance.
2. Blades & Discs
The main difference between a food processor and a blender is the specialized blades and discs for food prepping. These tools help cut produce into small pieces or pieces of specific shapes, or they may assist in the making of a dish.
The blades include a metal blade that is mainly for chopping up food and a plastic blade specifically for kneading dough in large amounts (more than 3 ½ cups). The design for the metal blade is different from brand to brand. Apart from the timeless “S” design, there are also the stacked blades from Ninja and the new diagonal cut.
Thanks to the extra coverage, the two newer designs are said to be better than the old one by many owners. However, others argue that they can’t really see the difference and that many top brands are still using the “S” design in their high-end models. So it may be just personal preference.
In terms of discs, there are two main types: the slicer, which resembles a normal cut of a knife, and the shredder, which mimics manual grating. The opening on the slicer decides the thickness of the slices, so unless you have an adjustable disc, you only have one size.
With the more expensive models, you’re likely getting several additional accessories. They may change the quality and shape of the slices, or they may introduce a whole new use to the machine.
- The blades and discs are hard and razor-sharp. Hold the blades by their hub and the discs by their dull edge or safe spots to avoid injuries.
- If you don’t have a dishwasher, always wear gloves and put the discs, blades where you have full visuals when cleaning.
Most food processors, including those featured in our list, have a safety measure that forces users to use the machine with the lid or splash guard on.
Many companies integrate to the motor an activation trigger, which takes the bowl and its lid (and possibly the pusher, too) as safety keys. Others design the splash guard as a seat so that you’ll have to place it on before setting the motor.
Therefore, in the case where you’re somehow able to work the processor without the lid on, stop using and unplug the unit immediately, then contact the support line of the company for an appropriate solution.
Food processors have dishwasher-safe containers that are also called work bowls. They range from a couple to 16 cups of capacity and often have measurement scales imprinted on their body.
Units that are larger than 7 cups up come with containers that have a feed chute. The feed chute works with the slicing and shredding discs, and it allows you to add in components during the making of a dish. Some models use the pusher of their feed chute as a safety key, as well, instead of just the lid.
From 7 cups down, work bowls don’t have a chute since their primary function is chopping food up— which spawns the names “food chopper” and “mini chopper.” But they do have nozzle holes that are quite convenient for the making of certain mixtures.
What Makes a Great Food Processor?
There are several things that can help you churn out the best food processors in India from an awkwardly-long list. The following are a few of them.
The weight of a food processor should be as minimal as possible. A weighty base, sometimes, does help with regards to performance. But, they definitely do not add even a bit of power to the product. On the other hand, the lighter models are easier to move, use, and affordable as well. You can also carry them while you are on the go.
2. Warranty Period
The warranty period of a food processor model tends to vary from one to another. In some cases, you can get an overall warranty of 5 years, while some brands offer something much better than that. Hence, be sure to opt for something that provides the maximum time limit for your purpose.
Nowadays, food processors generally come with a few settings, which can help you control and operate it properly. For example, you can set the speed of the device with them. Furthermore, you can also control the acceleration of the blade to prevent the product from over-processing it. In addition, you can also employ the stop-and-go motion to prompt the unprocessed items to fall onto the blade.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Our mixers and food processors the same?
Food processors are the appliances that come with features of both hand blenders and mixers. Thus, in a food processor, you are likely to get many attachment options with a hassle-free functionality. With only a mixer, one gets limited to only certain features. Whereas, with food processors, you get to enjoy many tasks like grinding, mixing, blending, slicing, and so on.What is the proper way of washing a food processor?
You can easily wash food processors with warm soapy water by gently scraping off any dirt or leftover food. Generally, food processors are now coming as ‘dishwasher’ safe, so you can also wash them through a dishwasher. However, you should not wash the main body containing the motor.Can a food processor be used for kneading dough?
A food processor that is dough-kneading safe comes with separate equipment for the purpose. With the given arrangement, you can easily knead the dough for atta, bread, biscuits, pizza, among others.Is it safe to grind hot ingredients?
No, it is not as it can damage the blade or melt the plastic inside the jar. Let the food items cool down before processing them.Can I use a processor for grating coconuts?
Yes, you can. But before you place it in the jar, make sure to remove the hard skin and grate only the fleshy part of the coconut.How should I crush ice in a food processor? Is it safe?
Yes, it is completely safe. You can blend ice easily in the jug blender.
Leave a Comment