Beautiful hair has always been considered an integral part of a beautiful woman. Most women have naturally straight hair, which they often don’t like. They want to curl their hair because they think it will make them more attractive. The solution to this problem is the widely used curling iron.
Traditional methods of curling hair often damage the scalp and hair and cause severe burns and other bruises. A curling iron is an easiest and most affordable way to curl your hair. Curling irons are usually made from Teflon or ceramic and come in a variety of shapes, such as a cone or cylinder, depending on the use of the product.
Here are the 10 Best Curling Irons in India.
Let’s take a look at the Best Curling Irons!
Finding the best was next up on our list of challenges. After several hours of testing, we decided on a few models that we think are suited.
Here are the Top 10 & Best Curling Irons in 2021
- ✔Ceramic Coating Curling Iron: Designed to create beautiful, classic curls, this curling iron features higher Ceramic content for even heat and gorgeous, long lasting styles with less frizz
- ✔Newest Heating Tech - Stable & No Hair Damage: VGR Curler comes with the newest PTC heating technology that provides constant & stable heat and takes less time than others to style your hair effectively & safely without damaging the hair.
- ✔Easy Operation: This double Ceramic curling iron offers the best in heat and damage protection and anti-frizz control; It features recessed buttons to prevent accidental shutoff and dual voltage for international travel
- ✔Shorter Heating Time & Precise Heat Settings: This is an adjustable temperature Curling Iron (range from 140°C to 200°C) suitable for all hair types, to help protect your hair from heat damage. With the heater, it heats up to 200°C in 90 seconds. Save your time and give your hair optimum heat for Curling.
- ✔The Brand Used by Professionals – VGR Hair Styling tools are being used by professionals in the salon and barbering industry. The quality construction of our clippers and trimmers delivers a smooth clip, trim, or shave every time. SERVICE & WARRANTY: 100% No Risk: 12 months quality warranty. If you are not satisfied with this product, please contact us without hesitation, our customer service will contact you within 24 hours and give you a satisfactory result.
- [360° Auto Scroll Wheel] - Easy to operate, equipped with 360° auto scroll wheel, inner and outer direction buttons, click to rotate automatically.
- Hair straightening lasts for 2-3 hours, not for permanent straightening
- [Ceramic Coating] - Adopted ceramic coating heating plate helps avoid pulling or damaging hair while styling, reducing frizz, making your hair natural, smooth, and delivering heat evenly to reduce damage hair related.
- Swivel cord to prevent tangled wires ; Hair length: Long and Medium ; Power Requirement: 110 - 220V, Power Consumption: 40W
- 1.6 m heat safe cord, Plate size: 19x85 mm. Other Features: 360°; Swivel Cord, Eco Passport. Temperature Range: 90-210°C. This product makes styling at
- Ceramic coating: this Staunch Shc1011 curling iron has industry-leading technology, features a ceramic easy-glide surface to allow the hair to glide easily over the surface of the barrel as you style
- Shorter heating time & precise heat settings: this curling iron suitable for all hair types, to help protect your hair from heat damage. It heats up to 200 °c in 30 seconds
- Cool tip: the tip of the styler is made from a special heat insulating material to keep it cool; you can safely hold it while you're styling for optimal ease of use
- Barrel diameter – 25mm, length -15cm: the hair curler comes with a barrel diameter - 25mm and barrel length – 15cm which gives perfect curls and smooth silk professional shine to your hair
- Innovative Styling Tools: From curling irons and wands to flat irons, hot air brushes, auto curlers and more, we make styling tools for all hair types
- Pre-heat your curling tong - rest the tong on its safety stand on a smooth flat surface. The iron will be ready to use in about 5 minutes.
- Power : 25-40 W Temperature range : 100 C- 200 C, The Tongs Heat Up To In Just Half A Minute, Ceramic For Smooth Sleek Styling And High Shine Finish.
- Before plugging in check that the voltage matches that shown on the rating label. Pre-heat your curling tong - rest the tong on its safety stand on a smooth flat surface
- round hair brush barrel for full body and smooth volume Soft, flexible, and cool-to-the-touch silicone bristles
- This Staunch SHC-1015 curling iron has industry-leading technology, features a easy-glide surface to allow the hair to glide easily over the surface of the barrel as you style
- Ceramic coating Curling iron suitable for all hair types, to help protect your hair from heat damage. It heats up to 200 °c
- The tip of the styler is made from a special heat insulating material to keep it cool; you can safely hold it while you're styling for optimal ease of use
- Good quality product and properly checked before desired of pulling off the same hairstyle all the time want a temporary change then bring home thIs hair curler
- Warranty & support: 2 years warranty provided by the manufacturer from date of purchase,
- Combines Hot Brush and Curling wand attachments. The hot brush easy lifts and styles for that full bodied look. Two curling wand attachments create the curl as you want.
- Extra hot brush combs packed inside. High low heat selector as you chose and indicating light . Built in safety stand and protective cool tip.
- Ready dot indicator and tangle free swivel cord. Stainless steel body
- Colour: White/Rose Gold
- Ceramic Material
- Size: 1-inch
- 1 ½ " Barrel for extra loose curls and relaxed waves
- Triple Ceramic Coating on Barrel for less damage and less frizz
- 400°F High Heat, 30 Heat Settings, High Heat, Constant Heat for long lasting curls
- Auto Shut Off for Safety. If you have fine, thin hair the heat level should be 1 to 6. If you have wavy to medium hair the heat level should be 7 to 14. If you have thick hair the heat level should be 15 to 22
- Operating voltage is dual Voltage
- Automatic rotation: Cordless, ergonomic design for fast styling and easy handling;
- Ceramic coating for hair protection: Helps reduce frizz and keep your hair moisturized;
- 6 temperature settings (150-200-degree): Adjustable timer (8-18) seconds
- LCD screen displays the heat level, timer, curling direction and battery status
- Heat Time: 30-seconds fast heating
What Is the Curling Iron?
As its name suggests, the curling iron is a styling tool that makes your hair curly – or wavy, depending on the features of the particular appliance. As with any other styling tool, it has plenty of features that should be considered before purchasing. We’ve already discussed what to bear in mind when choosing a straightening brush, and now let’s uncover the secrets of picking the right curling iron.
How to Choose the Right Curling Iron?
Buying Guide is an important aspect as everyone will be familiar with what he/she is purchasing and in what way it is helpful. The most important things that you need to consider while buying a curling iron are barrel type, quality of the material, types of curling, curling iron material, temperature settings, and finally the price. In this section, we’ve given a detailed explanation of each parameter.
Similar to other hot tools, like hair dryers and flat irons, curling irons can utilize different materials, for example:
- Ceramic: heats evenly and reaches high temperatures, but is gentle enough for all hair types.
- Tourmaline: naturally produces negative ions and infrared heat when heated, meaning gentle warmth. A great choice for fine hair or more delicate hair, as it is less likely to cause heat damage.
- Titanium: heats up evenly, but faster and is great for thick hair and coarse hair, but most importantly, healthy hair. It is more resilient than other materials.
- Nano titanium: designed to produce more negative ions to cut down on frizz and static.
The barrel size controls the size of the curls you get. A large barrel will give you beachy waves, while a slimmer barrel will give you tighter curls. Common barrel sizes are:
- 75 inch
- 1 inch
- 25 inch
- 5 inch
It is unusual to find barrel sizes larger or smaller than these on curling irons, however curling wands often come in a much wider variety of sizes.
Consider, also, how long you want your curls to last. A wide barrel may make curling long hair easier, but tight curls last longer than loose curls or beach waves.
Types of Curling Irons
- Straight Barrel – This is the most common type of curling iron you will find in the market. It is used for giving your curls a uniform shape, and you can have coils and ringlets as per your wish.
- Flat Iron –Flat irons are tailor-made for both long and short hair. It works best when you already have a straightener at your possession. It comes with curved edges, and the curls will be smooth and look quite natural.
- Multiple Barrels – There are double and triple barrel based curlers available, and they are popularly called wavers. They resemble very much like a finger, and you can get S-shaped waves rather than the traditional curls you get with others. It is best applicable to those having longer hair.
- Spiral Barrel – From the name you can understand that these are designed for giving spiral curls. They have ribbon or raised spiral ridges and you can get the perfect helix curls to make your hairstyle stand out uniquely.
- Pearl Barrel – This curling iron has small pearl-shaped balls with the barrel and the basic job is to make the curls look natural by not giving all of all curls perfect shape. It is suitable for hair of all lengths.
- Cone Wands – A cone shaped wand has a wider base and smaller ends. However, the reverse model is also available. The curls with this one will be precise and perfect and you can make thinner as well as thicker curls as per your wish. Besides, you can get romantic and beach curls easily with this type of curling iron.
What’s the difference between a curling wand and a curling iron?
The main differences between curling wands and curling irons are the clasp, the direction you hold the tool and the amount of definition in the curls they provide. If you want tight ringlets, you’ll probably want to use a curling iron since its clamp will hold your hair in place while the heat does its job. If you’re looking for a more natural, flowy look, the curling wand will be your best friend.
Are curling wands easy to use?
Curling wands are very easy to use when you get the hang of the wrapping technique. Here are a few tips and tricks to get you started.
- Hold your curling wand pointing down. It’s exactly the opposite of how you hold a curling iron, so it can be a little tricky to figure out at first.
- Start at the roots and wrap down, leaving a bit of your hair off the wand at the bottom. Wrapping it this way will help you achieve a loose, natural style.
- Curl your hair away from your face in the front so that you don’t cover your face with hair. You can alternate curl direction in the back of your hair to add fullness and texture.
- Wrapping your hair in different directions can create different styles of curls. Play around with techniques to find your favorite style or check out some tutorials to get started.
What to look for when buying a curling wand
When you’re trying to decide which curling wand to buy, here are a few key features to keep in mind.
- Material: If you have fine or color-treated hair, you will probably want a wand made from either ceramic or tourmaline to mitigate damage and reduce frizz. On the other hand, if you have thick or coarse hair, you may prefer a curling wand made from gold or titanium as these materials can withstand high heat settings for a long time.
- Heat setting: You’ll want to find a curling wand that has more than one heat setting so that you can adjust the temperature according to the weight and health of your hair. For example, you should use much lower temperatures with color-treated hair than with healthy, curly hair.
- Shape: Curling wands come in all sorts of shapes. Some are one width all the way through like a curling iron, and some are wide at one end and skinny at the other. Others are bubble-shaped. Differently shaped wands create different types of curls, so you’ll need to think about how you want to style your hair before you make your purchase.
How to Curl Your Hair with a Curling Iron?
Using a curling iron isn’t that complicated. But for those of you who haven’t had such experience, I’ll try to make a step-by-step guide. So, how to curl hair with a curling iron?
- First, wash your hair and let it air dry. You can also use a blow-dryer, but when it comes to styling, the less heat is always the better.
- Make sure that your locks are completely dry. Do NOT apply a curling iron on wet or damp hair. This will cause a lot of damage.
- Apply some kind of heat protection on your hair.
- If you have thin hair that doesn’t take shape you can use some treatment to add a little bit of texture.
- Comb your locks properly to avoid tangles. It’s extremely important if you use one of these curling irons with auto-curl technology since they simply won’t work if there are any tangles. I recommend using a wooden brush.
- Divide your hair into two halves, and fix the upper one with something like a hair crab or a hairband.
- If you’re new to curling your hair with styling tools, start with lower temperatures so that you have time to figure out how to use a curling iron.
- Start curling from the roots to the ends, not the other way around. The ends are the most fragile part of your hair, and you may damage them with heat. On the contrary, the roots are the part that needs the most heat (but not too much of it).
- Take a small strand, put it in between the barrel and the clamp, and delicately wrap it around the barrel. You don’t have to press the clamp all the way down.
- After a few seconds, gently release the strand. Your curling iron package should include detailed instructions on how long you should wait before releasing your hair.
- Repeat the same action with all other strands until your hair is done.
- If you want to have tight curls, just give your hair a little shake. And if you don’t mind having loose waves or relaxed curls, you can run your fingers through them to give your curls a more natural look.
- Optional: fix your hairstyle with a little bit of hairspray.
Best Curling Iron Buying Tips
When shopping for the best curling iron, there are several attributes and features you must take into account to choose the right curling iron for your hair type: –
If you dream of having beachy waves, then you must go with a larger barrel. Similarly, the smaller the barrel size is, the tighter the curls will be.
There is an on-going debate on whether to buy a ceramic or titanium curling iron. But, both are best as they are good conductors of heat and works with all hair types.
Adjustable Heating Setting
When buying for a curling iron, it is highly recommended to opt for one that has an adjustable temperature setting feature so it does not over heat and damage hairs.
We hope the information we shared in the post will help you decide and find the best curling iron for your styling need. It is a no-brainer to speak to your hairstylist to guide you with selecting the best curling iron based on your hair texture.