You’ve probably heard bloggers and beauty experts talk about their favorite hair growth oils. Unfortunately, many of these claims are not supported by science. That’s why today we’re sharing the best hair growth and thickness oils along with tips on how to incorporate them into your hair care routine.
Here are the 10 Best Hair Growth Oil in India.
Let’s take a look at the Best Oil For Hair Growth!
Finding the best was next up on our list of challenges. After several hours of testing, we decided on a few models that we think are suited.
Here are the Top 10 & Best Oil For Hair Growth in 2021
- Nourish and Strengthen Your Hair: Keshpallav Hair Oil is a potent blend of natural seed oils, including Sunflower, Pumpkin, and Black Sesame, along with traditional herbal extracts like Amla and Bhringraj. This unique formulation deeply nourishes and strengthens your hair from the roots, reducing hair fall and promoting healthy, vibrant locks.
- Enhanced Hair Health and Scalp Health: Enriched with oils like Rosemary Oil, Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Almond Oil, Argan Oil, Hibiscus, Saw Palmetto, and Cedarwood, our oil stimulates hair fillicles and maintains a healthy scalp. It helps prevent dandruff, soothes irritation, and encourages thicker, longer hair, leaving you with a revitalized mane.
- Therapeutic Aromatherapy: Experience the calming and revitalizing effects of essential oils like Lavender, Eucalyptus, and Clary Sage. Keshpallav Hair Oil not only promotes hair health but also offers a soothing aromatherapy experience during application, leaving you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
- Safe and Gentle Formula: Keshpallav Hair Oil is free from harmful chemicals and mineral oil, ensuring a safe and gentle application. Suitable for all hair types, it's dermatologist-tested and safe for long-term use, providing you with peace of mind for your hair care regimen.
- Quantity: 200ml; Item Form: Liquid
- Hair Type: All; Great for the skin and hair: Rich in vitamins and fatty-acids, castor oil helps in promoting better hair growth and helps nourish and hydrate the skin, 100 percent natural
- Suitable for all hair and skin types: Made using chemical-free substances, the UrbanBotanics castor oil is perfect for all skin and hair types; Cold-pressed oil: The castor oil from UrbanBotanics is cold-pressed without heat or chemical substances like hexane
- MADE IN INDIA: Made in INDIA with Ayurvedic Expertise and Topmost Industry Standards with Utmost Care and Perfection. Our Product Is Cruelty Free And Not Tested On Animals. We Use The Best Natural Ingredients and make sure that your hairs get natural harsh free care.
- SAFETY WARNING: For external use only. Rub a very small amount on the inside of your elbow area to test for any allergic reaction before use. Avoid contact with eyes, keep out of the reach of children.
- 100% Natural , Cold-Pressed Castor Oil
- No Hexane, Mineral Oil or Silicons
- Promotes Hair Growth & Shine
- Dermatologically Tested safe for skin - Hydrates Skin & Reduces Wrinkles
- 100% Pure, Unrefined, Vegan, Preservative free, Gluten free
- World’s No. 1 Ayurvedic hair oil for hair fall related problems; Contains the goodness of 21 Ayurvedic herbs like Bhringraja, Amalaki, Methi, Brahmi, Japa, Lodhra, Manjistha, Jatamansi
- Clinically proven to be 2 time more effective than other Ayurvedic oils in reducing hair fall and promoting hair growth
- Helpful in all hair problems like dandruff, premature greying etc.
- Comes with Deep Root Comb applicator which stimulates roots aiding in deeper oil penetration
- Ingredients: Bhringraja,Amalaki,Methi ,Jatamansi,Manjistha,Lodhra,Japa ,Brahmi
- CLINICALLY PROVEN HAIR GROWTH in 4 MONTHS: Indulekha hair oil has been clinically proven has been proven to be effective on real male and female users who have experienced mild to severe hair fall, and proven to promote hair growth in 4 months and reduce hair fall.
- COMBINED POWER OF 11 HERBS AND ESSENTIAL OILS: The ayurvedic hair oil harnesses the power of 11 herbs and essential oils - such as Bringharaj, Amla, Vatadha, Svetakutaja & coconut hair oil. These natural ingredients have been carefully selected cooked under natural sunlight for 7 days. Combined to create a powerful hair oil bottle that nourishes and strengthens your hair.
- 100% AYURVEDIC HAIR OIL: The Indulekha oil is made with natural ingredients and follows the principles of Ayurveda to provide a safe and effective solution for hair fall control and growth. This hair oil is a 100% Ayurvedic hair oil recommended by Ayurveda experts and is free from parabens, sulphates, silicones, synthetic dyes, and artificial perfumes, making it safe for all hair types.
- COMB APPLICATOR FOR EASY USE: Indulekha hair oil is easy to use and apply. The hair oil bottle comes with a unique straight to scalp "selfie comb" that allows the hair oil to penetrate deep inside the scalp directly, without getting your hands oily.
- 100 %NATURAL FRAGRANCE & COLOUR: Indulekha oil is made using natural ingredients, including herbs and essential oils, which provide a natural fragrance and colour to the hair oil. The natural aroma and colour emphasise the ayurvedic formulation of the hair oil.
- USE REGULARLY FOR RESULTS: This ayurvedic hair oil is a safe solution for everyone looking to improve their hair health and restore confidence in their hair. For best results use 3 times a week for 4 months, post applying the hair oil leave it for 3-4 hours and then rinse it off using Indulekha Bringha shampoo.
- STIMULATES HAIR GROWTH: Enriched with the goodness of Rosemary, a proven herb that stimulates hair growth and blood circulation, the Rosemary Hair Growth Oil revitalizes the hair with antioxidants and boosts hair growth. The result? Fuller, thicker, and stronger hair in no time.
- HELPS CONTROL HAIR FALL: Infused with the goodness of Methi Dana and Bhringraj, the Hair Growth Oil strengthens the hair follicles and reduces hair fall.
- STRENGTHENS HAIR: Break up with hair breakage! Rosemary Hair Growth Oil is crafted with antioxidant-rich Methi Dana that strengthens your locks. That's not all. It also strengthens the roots and the hair shaft thanks to the goodness of Curry Leaves.
- MADE SAFE CERTIFIED: Revive & rejuvenate your hair, naturally with Rosemary Hair Growth Oil. It is free of harmful chemicals and is Made Safe Certified making it suitable for all hair types.
- Severe Hair Fall Control: It Has The Power Of 3 Fresh, Extremely Nutritious Green Leaves - Neem, Hibiscus And Curry Leaves. It Strengthens The Hair Follicles, Moisturises The Scalp & Minimises Hair Loss Significantly - Particularly Helpful For Hairfall Caused By Use Of Chemicals, Poor Water Quality, Exposure To Pollution & Lack Of Scalp Nutrition.
- Post Partum Hair Fall: The Combination Of Herbs And Curry Leaves, Hibiscus And Neem Leaves Make The Oil Rich In Amino Acids And Various Essential Nutrients Which Help To Stimulate Hair Growth, Minimise Hair Fall And Strengthen Hair Follicles - All Three Are Much Needed During & Post Pregnancy.
- Frizz Control, Hair Smoothening, Hair Straightening: Ultimate Frizz-Control. Closes Down Cuticles. Makes Hair Straight, Ultra-Smooth And Soft With Regular Use.
- Hair & Scalp Massage: Excellent For Scalp Massage Enabling Hair Growth, Relief From Cold, Sinus, Headache & Stress. Vetiver & Tulsi Help In Physical And Mental Stress Release.
- Fresh Made In Ayurvedic Kitchen Everyday: Prepared Everyday After You Order, With Special Cooling Ingredients For Summer Care.
- Storage : Use within 6 months of Mfg Date. Keep away from direct sunlight, Keep soaked herbs in bottle till end of use Net: 100ml & 200ml
- PromThis age-old hair care recipe will have great results and promote hair growth. The Bhringraj in the oil penetrates deeply into the roots and stimulates the hair follicles, resulting in an increase in hair growth. It is a lightweight, non-sticky hair oil that is easy to absorb into the scalp.
- Relieves DandruBhringraj is a one-man army for dandruff, itchiness, and other scalp infections. This oil penetrates deep into the scalp, resulting in restored hair health and thick strands.;Spreading the oil evenly through the strands and applying it directly to the roots is beneficial. To recover your hair, massage your scalp and hair twice or three times a week before shampooing. Excellent for people with weak, losing hair and a dry, sensitive scalp.
- Restorative: It provides restorative care for greying, break-prone hair and dry, irritated scalps. Your roots are strengthened and fed, and it shields your strand from breaking. The benefits of the bhringraj plant are delivered by the oil.
- We LOVEThe oil is dermatologically tested and can be used on all hair types and preferred for weak and dry hair. We love animals and are against animal cruelty. All our products are ISO, WHO, GMP Certified.
- Ingredients: Bhrigraj, Sandal Oil, Kapoor, Lemon And Other Rare Herbs.
- ✅ “22 Saal ka Bharosa” for HAIR GROWTH and VISIBLY THICKER HAIR: Soulflower Rosemary Essential Oil has 360-degree hair benefits. Encourages faster hair growth, Hair Serum controls hair fall, reduces hair damage, receding hairline, and hair thinning
- ✅FULLER SCALP COVERAGE: Stimulates blood circulation to the scalp, hair growth as it may have the ability to unclog the pores and seep deep into the hair follicles and promotes strong hair roots resulting in less breakage
- ✅BLEMISH-FREE, CLEAR SKIN: Helps moisturize skin, reduce blemishes, dark spots, and puffiness, regulate oil production and improve skin complexion
- ✅PREMIUM ORGANIC OIL: Our 100% Pure, Undiluted & Natural Rosemary Essential Oil extracted through Steam-Distillation of High-Quality Rosemary Leaves ensures you get its maximum therapeutic benefits which synthetic oils cannot provide
- ✅VALUE FOR MONEY: Multipurpose & Versatile, Suitable for Men & Women of All Hair & Skin Types, add it to any DIYS for Hair & Skin or use it for Aromatherapy by adding it to a diffuser. Comes in a tightly sealed reusable glass bottle with a glass dropper included for easy application
- ✅ CLINICALLY TESTED AND CERTIFIED: Soulflower Rosemary Essential Oil is India FDA Approved, ECOCERT COSMOS ORGANIC Certified, Clinically Tested, Preservative, & Chemical Free and Guarantee of Customer Satisfaction. PATCH TEST (CLINICALLY TESTED) : Report has been completed by EnvisBE Solutions Pvt. Ltd. on 1st April 2023
- Apply the oil 2 to 3 times
- The presence of Jadibuti like Neem, Bhringraj, Anti Ele,Brahmi, Dashwala, Loliswala, Kadupatti, Mentha, lavancha act as a super food for a healthier scalp by solve problems like a dryness, and itchiness along with strengthening hair roots. Combine with Coconut Oil, Amla, Castor Oil, Kassthuri oil to create magic.
- Jadibuti oil is very good at hair follicle nourishment and help in hair growth. Our nourishing formula strengthens thinning and weak hair resulting in fuller and healthier hair. Hair becomes smoother and shinier with less frizz and it controls hair fall.
- This herbal hair oil is also a Moisturizing Oil for All Hair Types. This hair oil is made with exotic herbs that contain several vitamins and micro-nutrients that will promote better hair growth and helps nourish and hydrate the skin. Organic Oil is a natural source of fatty acids that nourish and moisturize the scalp and support healthy hair.
- DIRECTION TO USE: Apply Thoroughly & Deeply hair roots and Leave over Night for Good Results. Use at least 3 days per week, Better Result
What Is the Benefit of Using a Hair Oil?
The same principles apply to hair oils as they do for skin oils: Natural oils are loaded with different types of vitamins, antioxidants, and fatty acids, all of which are important for both a healthy scalp and healthy hair, says stylist Steven Picciano, a Goldwell National Artist. As long as you pick the best one for your hair type and texture and use it in the right way, hair oils can be beneficial for everyone, he adds. (Don’t worry, we’ll get to some specific oils and their uses shortly.)
On top of boosting the health and strength of your strands, they can offer styling benefits, as well. “Hair oils can be used for grooming, maintaining moisture, and to prevent breakage,” explains Jennifer Haley, M.D., a board-certified dermatologist in Scottsdale, AZ. If you start to feel like your tresses could use some extra shine during winter or if you’re wanting to tame frizz in summer months, a hair oil could be your new must-have styling product.
But, Can Hair Oil Help with Hair Growth?
In a word, yes. “Three essential oils have research backing enhanced hair growth—rosemary, peppermint, and lavender,” says Haley. The key? Unlike when you’re simply using oil to impart moisture or shine, these hair oils need to be applied directly onto the scalp in order to reap these benefits; in this case, they’re actually working more on the skin than the hair.
3 Benefits of Natural Oils for Hair Loss
The oils I review in this post all offer something a little different – and some will work better than others, depending on your hair type. (Which is why I recommend trying them all out!) But they do share a few key benefits. Each hair growth oil…
The oils I review in this post all offer something a little different – and some will work better than others, depending on your hair type. (Which is why I recommend trying them all out!) But they do share a few key benefits. Each hair growth oil… ]
1. Improves Hair Quality
Research shows that a variety of nut and vegetable oils can promote better hair health. This 2015 study, for instance, showed that the linoleic acid contained in certain oils (such as coconut) reduced the formation of split ends in the hair and therefore the likeliness of breakage.
Avocado, jojoba, olive, almond and sesame oil are just a few more types that will deeply moisturize dry or frizzy hair, improving its texture, strength and shine. Not to mention the fact that the fatty acids within these oils will moisturize your hair far better than any conditioner, while forming a protective layer against environmental damage. Woohoo!
2. Nourishes The Scalp
Of course, to promote long, strong and thick hair, you need to create a healthy foundation first. The scalp is the gateway to healthy hair and many hair loss treatments ignore this fact – with products that irritate and inflame it further. The great thing about natural oils is that they’re kind to the scalp – even as they work to clean up excess sebum and debris, unblocking pores and follicles, they do so in a gentle way. How nice of them. 😉
Plus, unless you happen to be allergic to any of the oils’ natural ingredients (which is rare), there are none of the negative side effects that you might get with more chemical-heavy products.
Basically, the best oil for hair growth starts by nourishing a damaged scalp environment. Once the scalp is happy and healthy, it’ll be more likely to retain the hair you’ve got, and allow new hair to take root.
3. Reduces Inflammation
All of the oils I mention here are antibacterial, meaning they contain elements that ward off unwanted bacteria and offer immune support. Since hair loss is often triggered by an inflammatory response to what the immune system deems as foreign invaders, anything you can do to keep the immune system in check is A Good Thing.
Many of the oils on this list – particularly, peppermint and castor oil – boost microcirculation to the scalp, allowing blood to reach the scalp faster and even widening vessels to improve blood flow. It’s all part of creating that healthy scalp environment I mentioned above, giving dormant follicles a wake-up call to boost hair growth.
Things to Consider When Using Natural Oil in Your Hair
Once you have decided to add all-natural oils into your hair care regimen, there are a few things to consider. Knowing your hair’s needs and the types of oils that work best is always helpful, as is where to purchase all-natural, high-quality oils. Application tips such as how to safely incorporate essential oils and the correct amount of oils to use for hair treatments are also important to know.
- Use high-quality, minimally processed oils. Whenever possible, use organic, all-natural oils. These types of oils retain their natural levels of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, and do not contain any chemical or non-natural ingredients or additives.
- Check out the ingredients. Be sure to read the label to check that there are no hidden chemicals or unnatural ingredients. Sometimes oils that claim to be natural contain other ingredients, such as perfumes or additives, so always be aware of what you are buying.
- Consider your hair type and needs. Every hair type is different, and it may take you a while to figure out which oil is best for your needs. What oils are good for your hair may not work well for another person, and vice versa. Do not be afraid to experiment and keep trying until you find the oils that are best for you. Consistent use of oils will result in healthy, shiny and beautiful-looking hair, but be patient: It may take some time to see results.
- When using essential oils, never apply them directly to the scalp or hair. They do not dilute in water and must be used with a carrier oil. Always test a small drop of oil on your skin to be sure you do not experience an adverse reaction, and be sure not to ingest them. It is always a good idea to check with your health care provider if you are not sure about using essential oils, especially women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Be sure not to use too much. Since oil is greasy, you should use it sparingly. Always wash your hair thoroughly with a quality, alcohol-free shampoo after any hair treatment containing oil.
Benefits of Using Natural Oils in Hair
From improving dry scalp and hair loss issues to adding shine and protecting against damage, natural oils offer a green way to care for your hair. The use of natural oils is also good for the environment and your overall health, since it reduces exposure to harmful chemicals. Here are some of the many benefits of using natural oils in your hair care routine.
- Stimulates hair growth
- Combats dry scalp and dandruff
- Helps prevent and remedy heat and styling damage
- Adds shine
- Nourishes hair
- Prevents oily hair
- Better for the environment
- Reduces exposure to chemical and other non-natural ingredients
How to Comb and Care Your Hair Everyday Without Damaging It
Here are a few tips you must stick to religiously if you want healthy looking hair. You will be able to see the benefits in the long-term, within a period of 5-6 months if you follow these rules meticulously.
- Start detangling your hair from the ends and work your way above.
- Do so taking your time, very gently to avoid damage to hair.
- Hair is very fragile. It is better to always use a wide-toothed comb as it can damage your hairless.
- Use a narrow-toothed comb only on the scalp area to set the hair.
- Make sure the comb you are using does not have sharp tips as it will then, damage or scrape the scalp.
- Part your hair into two or three sections when you are combing wet hair to give it a voluminous look after it is dry.
- Never rub your hair with a towel in an effort to dry your hair. Tie up wet hair with a towel and allow the towel to soak excessive water.
- Use a dryer if you must at a mild heat and at least 10 inches away from your hair.
FAQs about Hair Growth Oil
1) Do hair growth oils actually work?
A. Massaging oil into the scalp helps promote blood circulation and stimulates hair growth. Regular massaging is therefore recommended to those suffering from hair loss.
2) Does castor oil really help with hair growth?
A. Castor oil is known to moisturize the scalp and remove dandruff creating a healthy environment for hair to grow. One can say the castor oil does help with hair growth.
3) How long does hair growth oil take to work?
A. Regardless of the formula, hair growth oils start to show an effect over a period of 2 to 6 months, depending on the frequency of use and the individual’s hair health.
4) Other than oils what else works for hair growth?
A. Apart from regularly massaging oil into the scalp, it is necessary to have a healthy and protein-rich diet for hair growth.