You’ve probably heard bloggers and beauty experts talk about their favorite hair growth oils. Unfortunately, many of these claims are not supported by science. That’s why today we’re sharing the best hair growth and thickness oils along with tips on how to incorporate them into your hair care routine.
Here are the 10 Best Hair Growth Oil in India.
Let’s take a look at the Best Oil For Hair Growth!
Finding the best was next up on our list of challenges. After several hours of testing, we decided on a few models that we think are suited.
Here are the Top 10 & Best Oil For Hair Growth in 2021
- WOW Onion Black Seed Hair Oil is powered with Onion Black Seed Oil blended with Almond, Castor, Jojoba, Olive & Coconut Oils and formulated with 100% cold pressed and premium botanical oils.
- TAME FRIZZ: WOW Onion Black Seed Hair Oil with its formulation of premium botanical oils, helps to increase shine of the hair lock in the moisture, detangle and loosen the tangled ends of hair.
- BALANCES SCALP: WOW Onion Black Seed Hair Oil is a non-sticky, non-greasy hair oil for silkier & stronger hair and with its fast absorption, makes it perfect for the hair moisturization. It can be used for scalp treatment also.
- SUITABLE FOR ALL HAIR TYPES: This oil can be used on any type of hair, be it curly, straight, textured, thick, thin, fine, coarse, colour treated, etc. It can also be used on any type of scalp.
- BOOSTS HAIR GROWTH : Onion Oil, in combination with Redensyl, reduces hair fall and promotes growth of lost hair.
- ADDS STRENGTH & SHINE : Full of nature's goodness, a blend of nourishing oils such as Sunflower Oil, Amla Oil, Hibiscus Oil, etc. makes hair strong from the inside & shinier on the outside.
- NOURISHES SCALP : Bhringraj Oil is known to nourish the scalp. Rich in Vitamin D, Almond Oil provides nutrition to scalp, making hair healthier and stronger.
- SAFE FOR CHEMICALLY TREATED HAIR : Made from all natural ingredients, the Hair Oil does not do any harm & is suitable for all hair types. It is safe for coloured or chemically treated hair.
- NATURAL & TOXIN FREE : The Hair Oil is completely free of Sulfates, Paraben, SLS, Mineral Oil, Petroleum, Colors & Synthetic Fragrance.
- ✅PREMIUM QUALITY - 100% NATURAL & PURE : Produced with the highest quality standards using real castor seed, sourced directly from artisanal farmers in India. Our Cold Pressed Castor Oil is produced from Hexane-Free Extraction which gives it Dark Golden Color. Only The Best Castor Seeds from Kerala,India Are Picked And Extracted By Cold Press To Preserve The Botanical Actives To Retain Highest Quality Grade. Our FlipTop Cap, Comb Applicator and bottle design makes the oil easy to use
- ✅ALL-IN-ONE SKIN CARE: Get ready for your skin and face to instantly fall in love with your new blemish free and healthy looking supple skin. For your face, remove dirt, grime, make-up, and dry skin leaving your face delicious. Helps to fight acne, reduce acne scars, body moisturizer, no more terribly flaky dry legs, smooth skin, even skin tone, reduces pigmentation, minimizes fine lines and wrinkles, reduces dark circles & eye bags, fades stretch marks, and helps minor skin infections.
- ✅ULTIMATE HAIR CARE: Enjoy having young healthy gorgeous thicker hair once again. Your kinky curly hair will feel softer than it has ever been. No more breakage when detangled or manipulated. Say goodbye to your hair falling out, shedding terribly, tangling, ends dry and brittle, thinning, dry scalp and dandruff. No more clumps of hair on your brush. Say hello to thicker eyebrows and eyelashes.
- ✅AWESOME EYELASHES & EYEBROWS : Castor oil has been proven to be effective in growing and thickening eyelashes. It naturally moisturizes and rehydrates where applied, making it easy for eyelashes to grow quickly. For eyebrows, Castor Oil can be applied with a wand or brush to the eyebrow ridge. Eyebrow hair will grow denser there, and you can shape the eyebrows as usual
- ✅POWERFUL NUTRIENTS - When Health Matters: The Ricinoleic Acid, Oleic Acid, Linoleum Acid, and other highly beneficial fatty acids found in pure castor oil provides your skin and hair with immense benefits. The nutrients are also excellent for treating fingernails, cracked or brittle nails, and nail strengthening.
- Our Onion oil minimises hair thinning & helps in regeneration of hair follicles with its high sulphur content and antibacterial properties. This helps in maintaining a higher hair volume and elasticity.
- The Bhringraj oil contains Vitamins D and E and minerals like Calcium, Magnesium and Iron, whose antimicrobial and antifungal properties fight off deterrents to promote uninterrupted growth.
- The Neem Oil contains fatty acids and is rich in antioxidants that stimulate your hair follicles and condition your scalp.
- The Fenugreek Oil contains Nicotinic Acid and Lecithin along with Folic Acid, Vitamins A, C, and K, Potassium, Calcium and Iron, all of which promote hair growth and fight scalp issues like hair thinning.
- The blend of 7 naturally occurring oils including Argan, Geranium and Rosemary moisturises dry scalp, balances the production of sebum and brings a shine to dull and lifeless hair.The product is Paraben, Silicon and Mineral Oil-free.
- Quantity: 200ml; Item Form: Liquid
- Hair Type: All; Great for the skin and hair: Rich in vitamins and fatty-acids, castor oil promotes better hair growth and helps nourish and hydrate the skin, 100 percent natural
- Suitable for all hair and skin types: Made using chemical-free substances, the Rey Naturals castor oil is perfect for all skin and hair types; Cold-pressed oil: The castor oil from Rey Naturals is cold-pressed without heat or chemical substances like hexane
- With its natural, healing properties, the Rey Naturals castor oil will give you incredible results as your hair and skin will immediately absorb its nutrients
- Usage: Apply castor oil to your scalp and massage. Leave for 30 minutes before rinsing. Heat the oil to help it penetrate your scalp faster, or add a few drops of lavender oil to promote growth. You may also leave the caster oil on overnight and cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Target Audience: Men & Women
- DESIGNED WITH JADIBUTI: The Urbangabru Ayurvedic Jadibuti Hair Growth Oil is Specially designed with Jadibuti that enhances hair growth and strengthens hair at deepest level from roots to tip to make hair strong and healthy.
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS: Made from Jadibuti and oils, this Urban Gabru Ayurvedic Jadibuti Hair Growth Oil is safe and natural. This product works wonders and is suitable for all types of hair
- PROMOTES HEALTHY SCALP & HAIR: Presence of Jadibuti like Brahmi, Shankhpushpi, Kapur Kachri, Mehandi Seeds, Bhangra and Sugandhi Valo act as a superfood for a healthier scalp by removing problems like a dryness and itchiness along with strengthening hair roots.
- HAIR GROWTH : Jadibuti oil is very good at hair follicle nourishment and helps to restore lost nutrients to your scalp which helps in hair growth.
- HAIR FALL CONTROL: Our nourishing formula strengthens thinning and weak hair resulting in fuller and healthier hair. Hair becomes smoother and shinier with less frizz and it controls hair fall.
- Luxura Sciences Onion Hair Oil has 100% Natural ingredients ,No Artificial Fragrances or chemicals.
- HEALTHY RISE & SHINE. Luxura Sciences Onion Multipurpose Hair Oil contains, vitamins, minerals, proteins, & antioxidants your hair needs to support a healthy shine you’ll love to show off. With essential oils like Onion Oil,Jamaican Black Castor oil, Moroccan Argan oil, and Hibiscus Oil, your hair will look better than ever. Shine on, sister.
- FOR ALL HAIR TYPES. We mean it-- textured, curly, or straight; thick, coarse, or fine; color tre-ate-d or natural. Whatever hair texture you’re working with, Luxura Sciences Onion Multipurpose Hair Oil is your new go-to for beautifully-styled hair.
- TAME FRIZZ & FLYAWAYS Wild & untamed are words that should describe you, not your hair. Luxura Sciences Onion Multipurpose Hair Oil has your back with an infusion of exotic botanicals, essential oils and vitamins that turn up the shine, lock in moisture, detangle, and fight frizz.
- NOURISH & REVITALIZE Give your hair the nutrients it craves. Luxura Sciences Onion Multipurpose Hair Oil absorb quickly, making it a perfect hair moisturizer for those dried out, tired ends. A few drops may even protect against the elements. Use as a scalp improvement, hair mask, or deep conditioning hair improving damaged hair on days when you want to show your hair some extra love.
- Promotes Hair Growth - The award winning Redensyl which is scientifically proven to boost hair growth. Non-sticky, better hair manageability and a non-greasy formulation.
- Reduces Hair Fall - Saw Palmetto Extract is the best-known natural hair fall treatment support.
- Healthier Scalp - 17 different amino acids which play a helpful role in increasing hair and scalp health.
- Nourished and Moisturized Hair - Wheatgerm, Jojoba and Castor Oils with fortified Fatty Acids. Prevents Hair Greying - Zinc, Magnesium and other power packed ingredients. Makes hair easier to comb and gives it a healthy shine.
- How to use : 1. Take desired quantity on palm. 2. Apply it on scalp and hair. 3. It can be used before or after bathing as per convenience. Note : It takes at least 90 days of regular use to see a visible difference. Results might vary from person to person.
- KSHIR PAK VIDHI: 18 rare Herbs and 5 nourishing Oils boiled in Milk for 22 hours
- CLINICALLY PROVEN: Prevents hair fall and pre-mature greying, Supports hair growth, Curbs dandruff, Improves scalp health
- CERTIFIED AYURVEDIC: 100% Ayurvedic hair oil, 0% mineral oil
- 2-STEP REGIMEN: Apply Sesa Ayurvedic Oil and Rinse-off with Sesa Ayurvedic Shampoo for best results
- ONE FOR ALL: Suitable for all hair types, ideal for men and women
- Quantity: 120ml; Item Form: Oil
- Natural ingredients, 100 percent botanical extracts
- Alcohol free, not tested on animals, natural ingredients, paraben free; How to use: Apply liberally to dry hair and scalp. Massage in gently with circular motions. Leave on for half an hour. Rinse well with water.
- Help diminish greying; How to use: Apply liberally to dry hair and scalp. Massage in gently with circular motions. Leave on for half an hour. Rinse well with water.
- Hair Type: All Hair Types I Formulated For Damaged Hair I Applied For: Anti-hair Fall, Sulphate Free
- Target Audience: Men & Women
What Is the Benefit of Using a Hair Oil?
The same principles apply to hair oils as they do for skin oils: Natural oils are loaded with different types of vitamins, antioxidants, and fatty acids, all of which are important for both a healthy scalp and healthy hair, says stylist Steven Picciano, a Goldwell National Artist. As long as you pick the best one for your hair type and texture and use it in the right way, hair oils can be beneficial for everyone, he adds. (Don’t worry, we’ll get to some specific oils and their uses shortly.)
On top of boosting the health and strength of your strands, they can offer styling benefits, as well. “Hair oils can be used for grooming, maintaining moisture, and to prevent breakage,” explains Jennifer Haley, M.D., a board-certified dermatologist in Scottsdale, AZ. If you start to feel like your tresses could use some extra shine during winter or if you’re wanting to tame frizz in summer months, a hair oil could be your new must-have styling product.
But, Can Hair Oil Help with Hair Growth?
In a word, yes. “Three essential oils have research backing enhanced hair growth—rosemary, peppermint, and lavender,” says Haley. The key? Unlike when you’re simply using oil to impart moisture or shine, these hair oils need to be applied directly onto the scalp in order to reap these benefits; in this case, they’re actually working more on the skin than the hair.
3 Benefits of Natural Oils for Hair Loss
The oils I review in this post all offer something a little different – and some will work better than others, depending on your hair type. (Which is why I recommend trying them all out!) But they do share a few key benefits. Each hair growth oil…
The oils I review in this post all offer something a little different – and some will work better than others, depending on your hair type. (Which is why I recommend trying them all out!) But they do share a few key benefits. Each hair growth oil… ]
1. Improves Hair Quality
Research shows that a variety of nut and vegetable oils can promote better hair health. This 2015 study, for instance, showed that the linoleic acid contained in certain oils (such as coconut) reduced the formation of split ends in the hair and therefore the likeliness of breakage.
Avocado, jojoba, olive, almond and sesame oil are just a few more types that will deeply moisturize dry or frizzy hair, improving its texture, strength and shine. Not to mention the fact that the fatty acids within these oils will moisturize your hair far better than any conditioner, while forming a protective layer against environmental damage. Woohoo!
2. Nourishes The Scalp
Of course, to promote long, strong and thick hair, you need to create a healthy foundation first. The scalp is the gateway to healthy hair and many hair loss treatments ignore this fact – with products that irritate and inflame it further. The great thing about natural oils is that they’re kind to the scalp – even as they work to clean up excess sebum and debris, unblocking pores and follicles, they do so in a gentle way. How nice of them. 😉
Plus, unless you happen to be allergic to any of the oils’ natural ingredients (which is rare), there are none of the negative side effects that you might get with more chemical-heavy products.
Basically, the best oil for hair growth starts by nourishing a damaged scalp environment. Once the scalp is happy and healthy, it’ll be more likely to retain the hair you’ve got, and allow new hair to take root.
3. Reduces Inflammation
All of the oils I mention here are antibacterial, meaning they contain elements that ward off unwanted bacteria and offer immune support. Since hair loss is often triggered by an inflammatory response to what the immune system deems as foreign invaders, anything you can do to keep the immune system in check is A Good Thing.
Many of the oils on this list – particularly, peppermint and castor oil – boost microcirculation to the scalp, allowing blood to reach the scalp faster and even widening vessels to improve blood flow. It’s all part of creating that healthy scalp environment I mentioned above, giving dormant follicles a wake-up call to boost hair growth.
Things to Consider When Using Natural Oil in Your Hair
Once you have decided to add all-natural oils into your hair care regimen, there are a few things to consider. Knowing your hair’s needs and the types of oils that work best is always helpful, as is where to purchase all-natural, high-quality oils. Application tips such as how to safely incorporate essential oils and the correct amount of oils to use for hair treatments are also important to know.
- Use high-quality, minimally processed oils. Whenever possible, use organic, all-natural oils. These types of oils retain their natural levels of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, and do not contain any chemical or non-natural ingredients or additives.
- Check out the ingredients. Be sure to read the label to check that there are no hidden chemicals or unnatural ingredients. Sometimes oils that claim to be natural contain other ingredients, such as perfumes or additives, so always be aware of what you are buying.
- Consider your hair type and needs. Every hair type is different, and it may take you a while to figure out which oil is best for your needs. What oils are good for your hair may not work well for another person, and vice versa. Do not be afraid to experiment and keep trying until you find the oils that are best for you. Consistent use of oils will result in healthy, shiny and beautiful-looking hair, but be patient: It may take some time to see results.
- When using essential oils, never apply them directly to the scalp or hair. They do not dilute in water and must be used with a carrier oil. Always test a small drop of oil on your skin to be sure you do not experience an adverse reaction, and be sure not to ingest them. It is always a good idea to check with your health care provider if you are not sure about using essential oils, especially women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Be sure not to use too much. Since oil is greasy, you should use it sparingly. Always wash your hair thoroughly with a quality, alcohol-free shampoo after any hair treatment containing oil.
Benefits of Using Natural Oils in Hair
From improving dry scalp and hair loss issues to adding shine and protecting against damage, natural oils offer a green way to care for your hair. The use of natural oils is also good for the environment and your overall health, since it reduces exposure to harmful chemicals. Here are some of the many benefits of using natural oils in your hair care routine.
- Stimulates hair growth
- Combats dry scalp and dandruff
- Helps prevent and remedy heat and styling damage
- Adds shine
- Nourishes hair
- Prevents oily hair
- Better for the environment
- Reduces exposure to chemical and other non-natural ingredients
How to Comb and Care Your Hair Everyday Without Damaging It
Here are a few tips you must stick to religiously if you want healthy looking hair. You will be able to see the benefits in the long-term, within a period of 5-6 months if you follow these rules meticulously.
- Start detangling your hair from the ends and work your way above.
- Do so taking your time, very gently to avoid damage to hair.
- Hair is very fragile. It is better to always use a wide-toothed comb as it can damage your hairless.
- Use a narrow-toothed comb only on the scalp area to set the hair.
- Make sure the comb you are using does not have sharp tips as it will then, damage or scrape the scalp.
- Part your hair into two or three sections when you are combing wet hair to give it a voluminous look after it is dry.
- Never rub your hair with a towel in an effort to dry your hair. Tie up wet hair with a towel and allow the towel to soak excessive water.
- Use a dryer if you must at a mild heat and at least 10 inches away from your hair.
FAQs about Hair Growth Oil
1) Do hair growth oils actually work?
A. Massaging oil into the scalp helps promote blood circulation and stimulates hair growth. Regular massaging is therefore recommended to those suffering from hair loss.
2) Does castor oil really help with hair growth?
A. Castor oil is known to moisturize the scalp and remove dandruff creating a healthy environment for hair to grow. One can say the castor oil does help with hair growth.
3) How long does hair growth oil take to work?
A. Regardless of the formula, hair growth oils start to show an effect over a period of 2 to 6 months, depending on the frequency of use and the individual’s hair health.
4) Other than oils what else works for hair growth?
A. Apart from regularly massaging oil into the scalp, it is necessary to have a healthy and protein-rich diet for hair growth.