A hairdryer is one of the indispensable tools for our normal styling needs. Many people find it essential for salon styling at home. After all, style matters. But finding the best hair dryer in India is not easy as there are various brands and products available in the online and offline markets. And choosing one of the best can be difficult. Therefore, we have this guide for you with the best rated models, their reviews and specifications, so that you can easily choose the one that suits your needs. But before delving deeper, before you know what a hairdryer is?
Here are the 10 Best Hair Dryers in India.
Let’s take a look at the Best Hair Dryers!
Finding the best was next up on our list of challenges. After several hours of testing, we decided on a few models that we think are suited.
Here are the Top 10 & Best Hair Dryer in 2021
- 2000 Watts Hair Dryer with powerful AC motor creates ideal airflow & temperature for salon-style results
- 2 Speed and 3 Temperature settings for convenient styling, Includes Cool & Hot Air
- Includes Cool Shot Button that provides a burst of cold air to help set the desired hairstyle
- Auto Shut-Off Function for Over Heating Protection
- Comes with Diffuser, Concentrator Nozzle, Comb and 2.5 meter Long Cord
- Concentrator Nozzle, to focus air flow for Precise Styling & Touch-ups
- It has three variable heat settings and 2 speed settings to be of optimum use.
- For drying your hair instantly without losing its shine, the Hair Dryer is must-have
- Professional AC Collector Motor, Hanging loop for easy storage
- 2m long lasting cable for durability, Attachments: Removable Concentrator
- Health breeze mode: This hair dryer protects your lovely looks from excess heat with the health breeze mode that helps in the gentle drying of hair
- 1200W gentle drying for beautiful results
- ThermoProtect temperature setting
- 3 flexible pre-selected drying settings for different needs
- Cool air setting for extra gentle drying
- Foldable handle for easy portability
- Compact design for easy handling and carrying
- 24K Gold styling surface for even heat distribution and consistent results for all hair types
- 3 Heat / 2 Speed Settings for styling versatility
- Ceramic Tourmaline Coating Brush Head along with Ionic Technology to reduce frizz
- Anti-Scalding Tip, Swivel Power Cord; 1200 Watts Power, 1 Year Warranty
- Color Name: Rose Gold & Black
- Honeycomb air inlet for better air flow
- Lightweight, compact and stylist with foldable handle to make it travel friendly
- Includes concentrator nozzle, to focus air-flow for precise styling Includes concentrator nozzle, to focus air-flow for precise styling touch-ups touch-ups
- 1400 watt hair dryer creates optimum level of airflow for gentle drying Includes concentrator nozzle, to focus air-flow for precise styling touch-ups beautiful results
- Includes hanging loop Includes concentrator nozzle, to focus air-flow for precise styling touch-ups 1.8 meter extra long cord
- Auto shut-off function for over heating protection
- Ultra- Fast Hair Drying With 1000W For Instant Hair Drying And Styling Hair With Lift & Volume.
- The Blow Dryer Features 2 Heat/Speed Setting - Low And High For Flexible Hair Drying And Precise Styling Resulting A Classy Hairlook For Every Occasion.
- The Vega Hair Dryer Comes With Safety Automatic Overheat Where Hair Dryer Shuts Down When Not In Use, Ensuring Safety From Heat.
- This Supreme Hair Dryer Is Ergonomically Designed And Comes With A Foldable Handle For The Compact And Safe Storage And Can Be Carried Easily In Bag While Traveling.
- Includes Detachable Nozzle For Precision Styling And Easy Maintenance. The Nozzle Helps To Direct And Focus The Airflow On Specific Hair Section And Controls The Frizz.
- It Features A Cord Guard With Hanging Loop Making It Easy To Pack, Store & Carry, And The Non-Slip Grip Handle Offers Comfortable And Firm Gripping While Styling And Prevents From Slipping.
- The Vega Hair Dryer for Women offers versatile styling options with its 2 heat and 2-speed settings. This feature allows you to customize the temperature and airflow according to your specific needs and preferences. Whether you desire a gentle breeze or a powerful blast, our Hair Dryer for Women provides the flexibility to create your desired look. With these adjustable settings, you can achieve the perfect balance of heat and speed to ensure efficient and comfortable drying, while also preventing potential heat damage. Embrace the freedom to style your hair with confidence using our Hair Dryer for Women, designed to cater to your individual styling needs.
- Experience enhanced styling with the Vega Hair Dryer's Cool Shot Button. This unique feature sets your hairstyle in place, delivering long-lasting hold for a flawless look all day. With a simple press, enjoy a refreshing burst of cool air on your hair and scalp, adding a professional touch to your styling routine. Elevate your hairstyling with the Vega Hair Dryer and unlock salon-quality results with the Cool Shot Button.
- Enhance your hairstyling versatility with our Professional Hair Dryer's 2 detachable nozzles. These versatile attachments provide precise airflow control, allowing you to effortlessly achieve your desired hairstyle. Whether you seek sleek and straight locks or want to add volume and texture, these detachable nozzles are essential tools in your styling routine. With the ability to customize the airflow, our Professional Hair Dryer helps you achieve salon-quality results from the comfort of your home. Elevate your hairstyling capabilities with the Vega Pro Touch Professional Hair Dryer and its two detachable nozzles.
- The Vega Pro Touch Professional Hair Dryer comes with a 1 year manufacturer warranty.
- Beauty on the go: the travel hairdryer is compact and ergonomic with a foldable handle to minimise the space so you can take it anywhere you go. No more hotel hairdryers!
- Dual voltage: hc25uk is designed to be the perfect travel companion. Thanks to its dual voltage, no matter where you go in the world, the hair dryer adapts to international power supply conditions
- Dry your hair a lot faster! This ionic hairdryer, releases negative ions that break down positive ions that water carries turning water molecules into much smaller droplets for an efficient blow dry
- Cold air function: for luscious curls or to ensure a better hold for your hairstyle, the blow dryer has a cold air option. Simply hold down the button and cold dry your hair for a professional finish
- Sleek design: the lightweight hairdryer is soft to the touch and has an elegant design with a black matte and gold rose colour combination
- Morphy Richards Stylist Care HD192DC 1900W Hair Dryer has powerful 1900W Stylish hair dryer for Salon-style professional results at home in no time
- The products Iconic care enables shiny and frizz-free hair after drying
- The product has 6 Styling modes: 3 Speed and 2 Heat settings for maximum control on the airflow and to maintain moisture in your hair
- It has cool air mode helps set the style at the end of a drying session for long-lasting results. It also have big diffuser that helps maximise volume of the hair, evenly and gently whilst keeping it frizz-free
- Removable concentrator helps direct the airflow directly into your hair for versatile styling and removable back cover for easy cleaning
- Uniquely-designed Thermo protect airflow powerfully mixes warm and cool air for everyday care
- Powerful 1600W hair dryer creates the optimumlevel of airflow, for beautiful results every day
- Cool air setting provides a burst of cold air to finish and hold your style
- 3 preselected heat/speed combinations, making it quick and easy to achieve the perfect style.
- Compact design with foldable handle makes it easy to pack
- 2 years Philips India warranty from the date of purchase
What is a Hair Dryer?
As simple as ‘I will dry my hairs very quickly after a shower or I will blow my hairs up & style like Danish Zehen’ surely won’t help here. As not choosing a right Hair Dryer for you probably cost you your hairs (lol), just kidding, but it surely can affect quality and shininess of your hairs.
Therefore, here I have explained different technologies used in Hair Dryers and their significances that you should know before making your choice to buy one of the Best Hair Dryers in India.
How to Choose the Best Hair Dryer?
When it comes to hairdryers’ question, it has become an essential gadget for both women and men. But there are specific primary factors that you should be aware of before making a final decision. They are as follows.
Types of Hairdryers
Depending on the build-up material, there are different types of hair dryers like:
This type of hair dryer uses negative ions in breaking down the water droplets on the shafts of the hair. It reduces drying time drastically. The negative ions do not open the cuticles of the hair and dry out the tresses with no damage. It also decreases frizzy hair by neutralizing the positive ion. It is ideal for frizzy and thick hair.
Ceramic Hair Dryer
This type of hair dryer comes with a metal or plastic plate coated with porcelain or ceramic. This coating distributes the heat evenly and ensures the correct amount of heat is used to dry the hair, thus reducing the damage and drying time. Since it prevents the curls from becoming highly dehydrated, it is ideal for dry and fine hair.
The heating element in this gadget is composed of titanium metal. It is much faster when compared to others. It is not suitable for dry, small, and thin hair as the temperature can damage the shafts of the hair. They maintain and distribute the heats at a steady level and are ideal for thick and long hair only.
Tourmaline Hair Dryer
Tourmaline hair dryers are much more effortless than ceramic and ionic hair dryers. In some products, tourmaline is used in the motor, while in others, it is implemented as a heating element. They are safer to use as they apply even and gentle heat on the hair. Tourmaline is 50% faster than ceramic and ionic hair dryers and is ideal for frizzy and thick hair.
The motor is the next significant thing to keep in mind for the efficient performance of the gadget. A motor with high wattage will offer enough pressure and heat to dry the water quickly with no damage to it. A high torque AC motors are ideal for your hair as they come with a higher capacity of moving the air through your tresses. As if you are planning to sue the hair dryer for regular use, then always go for a high-quality motor.
Just like the motor, a dryer with different heat settings is also vital. Search for a product that includes at least three different high, medium, and low heat settings. Apart from these, some particular models come with a manageable heating option. You can adjust the warm airflow according to your hair type and requirement.
The wattage of the motor determines how fast the machine can dry up your hair. For thin and curly hair types, a device with a 1400 watt motor is perfect for drying up the hair shaft with no damage. However, for thick hair, a gadget with 1800 to 2000 watts is ideal for use.
Hair Dryer Buying Guide – What should I look for in a hair dryer?
Different types of hair require different levels of heat. Thick and coarse hair needs stronger heat, while fine or thin hair needs less heat.
The higher the wattage of a hair dryer, the more heat it generates and the faster it will dry your hair. For most hair types, a dryer between 1,300 and 1,800 wattages should be enough. If your hair is thick, buy a dryer that has closer to 2,000 watts. Dryers with more than 2,000 watts can burn your scalp. Those with delicate or damaged hair should opt for towel drying and the lowest heat settings. Also, high-wattage dryers don’t burn out as quickly as small- wattage ones.
Adjustable heat & speed
The higher speed and heat settings a hair dryer has, the more control you get over the airflow that is generated, so you can choose the option that meets your need. The higher heat setting is perfect for thick and coarse hair. For fine hair that dries easily, lower heat gets the job done in a less damaging way.
A lightweight hair dryer is not only more comfortable to use; it also gives you greater flexibility in terms of targeting your whole head evenly. It also comes in handy while travelling.
Cool Shot Button
A blast of cold air helps styles set and boosts shine. The cold air seals the cuticle and locks in the style to set the look for a long-lasting hold. It is generally used after styling to finish and set the style.
Types of Hair Dryers
1. Iconic Technology
Ionic dryers break down water molecules for faster drying but retain moisture in the hair for healthier long-term outcomes. By helping to neutralize positively charged ions in the hair, ionic dryers also condition your hair and reduce frizz. This feature works best for closing the cuticle and removing moisture from the hair, making the finish sleeker and more polished looking.
2. Tourmaline Technology
Tourmaline is a semi-precious gemstone and is considered the world’s best ionic and infrared generator. It helps smooth hair by sealing the cuticle and retaining moisture. It combats frizz while helping your hair retain the required moisture to make it healthy and shiny.
3. Ceramic Technology
Ceramic hair dryers provide even heat distribution and the heat is also less harsh so that it doesn’t damage hair. Plus, it also emits negative ions to speed drying and smooth frizz.
4. Infrared Technology
Infrared dryers provide consistent heat that dries hair evenly throughout, while also preventing sections of your scalp from overheating or drying out. They use longer energy wavelengths to penetrate the hair and dry it from the inside out.
Factors to know about while purchasing a hair dryer
Air blow setting
Earlier, the hairdryers we used to own emits hot air for hair drying. However, the hairdryers in the market today come with both hot and cold air setting. It’s recommended to buy one that has both the settings as the hot air blow helps in drying hair and achieves different hairstyles, whereas the cold air blow helps to dry as well as style your hairs while locking the natural moisture. The cold air blast additionally prevents heat damage and reduce the coarseness.
Power consumption here not only decides your electricity bill but also – how fast the device can dry up hair. Power consumption is measured here in Wattage. For thin and curly hair, a dryer with 1500-Watts power works sufficient without causing much damage. For thick and long hair, dryer with Wattage about 1500-Watts works sufficiently well.
And for the power consumption that affects your electricity bills- hairdryers are the device that gets rarely used 5-10 minutes a day (individually). This may not burden your bills unless you are using it professionally.
Weight of a hair dryer must be considered while purchasing the product online. The more the weight of a hair dryer, the more it would be uncomfortable to handle and might be burden for your arms. Whereas the light weight dryers are easy to hold and use. So, you should pick a blow dryer which weighs less and are under a pound.
Motor is liable for overall performance of a hair dryer. A motor with perfect and standard wattage presents sufficient heat which is required to fast dry the hair without any damage. High-end and AC motors are the best choice as they have got the better functionality as compared to inexpensive and cheap quality hair dryers. And they have good longevity too. If you use hair dryer often, then making an investment in a product with high-end motor.
Heat and speed setting
This is one of the most important factors to consider in a hairdryer. Go for a product with at least 2-heat and speed settings i.e., low and high. Though, a 3-heat setting i.e., low, medium, and high, is a plus. The adjustable heat and speed setting let you customize the drying and styling operation as per your hair types. As thin and flat hairs soak heat quite quickly, which requires them to dry in low heat setting. Whereas, thick and long hairs take time and more temperature to dry up.
Detachable concentrated nozzle
It lets you focus the airflow in a specific area for quick results. The absence of a concentrated nozzle can lead to pushing the cuticles making your hair frizzy, tangled, and unmanageable.
Thermal protection and auto-shutoff
Like any other electrical device, thermal stability is a must-have feature for hairdryers. It not only protects the device from voltage surge but also keeps your hair from getting damaged due to excessive heat. Similarly, an auto-shutoff feature turns the device off in case of extreme heat generation as it can damage your strands.
Though this may not affect the performance of a hairdryer in any way, but makes storage and portability quite convenient for the user.
Budget and warranty
There are number of hair dryers available in the market starting from hundreds to thousands. You can select any one primarily based in your budget. Also make sure the product has a minimum 1 or 2-year warranty. If the device doesn’t properly within the warranty limits, then you may get it repaired or changed without any extra costs.
Having expressed and discussed all the necessary details about the top-rated hair dryers on the market, we ruminate that it would now turn out to be a fairly easy task to buy one! Before listing down and reviewing the Top 10 Hair Dryers, we had analyzed and tested a wide selection of units available, both online and offline. We did this with the sole purpose of helping our users find the value for a money hair dryer that does the job effectively without splurging a whole lot of money. Also, we have made sure that there is a hair dryer coming from every price point so that every single user can find a product that falls under their budget and has the desired features. Why Wait? Catch a hold on your perfect hair drying companion now to try out a new hairdo for the upcoming party or gathering.