A chimney is an essential kitchen appliance which keeps your kitchen clean by removing oil fumes, harmful gases and smoke released while cooking. In India, we love delicious food cooked in oil, spices added by Ghee Tadka & lots of frying and grilling. This process releases smoke and fumes which irritates our eyes and throat. Sometimes the fumes and oil particles acquire dust and get deposited on the kitchen wall. Which makes our kitchen wall and cabinet sticky and dirty. Here we will discuss the best chimney in India along with their buyer’s guide and review.
In India cooking in the kitchen is not an easy job as people here enjoy some serious spicy food with a lot of masala and curry. Preparing all types of delicacies involve frying, baking, making curry of different flavors. People do not like frozen food or packaged food in India and preparing three meals a day is a must which leaves a lot of grime and stains in your kitchen especially on walls and cabinets. At times if not cleaned properly and if there is no kitchen chimney the kitchen smells really bad and the smell spreads in the house. To eliminate all these problems one can install best auto clean chimney in India above your cook top.
Top Recommended Chimney
With the installation of the best kitchen chimney you can get rid of watery eyes and bad odor from your kitchen. The kitchen chimney is placed right above your cook top which instantly sucks the heat and steam keeping your kitchen air healthy. The chimneys are powered with strong motors to do their task efficiently. The kitchen chimney price is aldo reasonable as there are lot of competing brands in the market. We have compiled a list of best kitchen chimney brands in India to help you select the right one for your kitchen.
Top 10 Best Kitchen Chimneys in India 2020
A Chimney is an expensive kitchen appliance which will serve its purpose for at least 10-12 years. So you should do proper research before best chimney in India. Here in this article, our team has researched more than 15 plus chimney brand as well as their hundreds of chimney. After proper analysis, we have filtered a list of top 10 best kitchen chimney in India.
Glen 6054 60cm Kitchen Chimney
The Glen 6054 60cm Kitchen Chimney is simply the best kitchen chimney in India that you can purchase for your kitchen now. The size is 60 cm and fits in easily in any kitchen. The push button control is very easy to operate and gives an optimum result easily. Apart from this, the product comes with a 1-year manufacturer warranty.
- The chimney features Italian motor which has high suction power.
- The chimney has a unique feature of baffle filter which ventilates the air easily.
- After purchase service is very good by the manufacturer.
Sunflame 90 cm 1100 m3/h Chimney
The Sunflame 90 cm 1100 m3/h Chimney has one of the best kitchen chimney in India that you can purchase today. The air flow of the chimney is very powerful and makes a wonderful construction and suction of the power and makes it feel good. The Baffle filter technology is indeed very great and has a wonderful result for everyone.
- The chimney is ideal for use in the kitchen if you wish to use it regularly.
- The suction power is 1100 m3/h and gets a good benefit.
- The size of the product is 90 cm has a good capacity.
Glen 6062 60cm Kitchen Chimney
The Glen 6062 60cm Kitchen Chimney has some of the unique features which can surely take it as one of the best kitchen chimney in India. The chimney deals with a very powerful motor that gives the ultimate suction of odor and air from the kitchen. The bewilder channel keeps within free from clean and obstructing.
- The chimney has a very sleek look with a very modern and attractive display.
- The chimney has a baffle filter for deep cleaning.
- It has Italian motor with 1 year of warranty.
Kaff Chimney Elbaa MX Kitchen Chimney
The Kaff Chimney Elbaa MX Kitchen Chimney provides a very strong support to your kitchen needs. The lamps filter in the chimney is essential for you to use and also very easy to clean. The air flow is almost 1000 m3/h which is great to use regularly. The quick suction feature removes the air from the kitchen easily.
- The chimney has a size of 60 cm which is very sleek
- The chimney has aluminum cassette filter for the lamps
- The motor has 3 speed which gives optimum power.
Elica Nero Kitchen Chimney 60 cm
The Elica Nero Kitchen Chimney 60 cm is definitely ranked as one of the best in the kitchen chimney price list. The body of the kitchen chimney is made up of stainless steel which has the push-button technology. The users can get a 1-year manufacturer warranty on the motor for better results.
- The chimney guarantees you with a power stuffed execution.
- The suction limit of the kitchen is high and gives best results.
- The push button panel technology is quite beneficial for everyone’s use.
Hindware Nevio 90 cm Chimney
The Hindware Nevio 90 cm Chimney is a very professional model that you can get with a 5-year warranty on the motor. The suction power of the motor is very high and also, it has a baffle filter. This makes it very easy for the users to operate with the soft touch feature.
- The product has a thermal auto clean which gives better results.
- The oil collector is designed specifically as per the different cooking habits.
- It has a very powerful motor which consumes less power.
Glen GL 6075 Stainless Steel Chimney
The Glen GL 6075 Stainless Steel Kitchen Chimney is just a must-have for your home. The kitchen chimney price is very affordable at the range and is a top choice for you to buy. It has 3-speed motors which integrate the suction power and releases fresh air. It also has a bewilder channel for the instant release of air.
- The kitchen chimney design is quite unique and also classic
- The product has a lifetime warranty on the motor.
- The chimney is equipped with Italian motor for better results.
Pigeon Sterling 60cm Chimney
Right from the manufacturers, the Pigeon Sterling 60cm Chimney is one of the best things that you can get. The product has a 1-year warranty on the components and has a good kitchen chimney online. The chimney has a dual motor which can get a lot of benefits to deal with. It has a 3-speed control that sucks the air from within and makes everything better.
- The product has a 1-year warranty
- The body is made up of fiber which is lightweight
- The product has 2 different lamps to indicate the different operations
Hindware Clarissa 60 Blk Wall Mounted Chimney
The Hindware Clarissa 60 Blk Wall Mounted Chimney is one of an ideal kitchen chimney onlinethan you can buy. The chimney has a 1-year manufacturer warranty and it is very efficient. It has a suction power of 700m3/h which can ventilate the air from the kitchen very easily. You can browse kitchen chimney price list and reviews.
- The kitchen chimney has a push button technology for on and off.
- It has effective air flow and consumes less power.
- The product has cassette filters for effective results.
Hindware 60 cm Cleo Kitchen Chimney
The Hindware 60 cm Cleo Chimney is one of the best Kitchen Chimney in India that one can get. In fact, the chimney comes up with a manufacturer warranty of 5 years which is a big advantage. Apart from this, it has a soft touch control along with the auto clean technology. The control panel is very easy to understand.
- The kitchen chimney comes up with a separate oil collector.
- The chimney comes up with a baffle filter to get better results.
- The look of the chimney is very professional to use.
Top 10 Best Kitchen Chimney Price
|Product Name||Suction Capacity(In M3/Hr)||Latest Price|
|Glen 6054 60cm Kitchen Chimney||1000|
|Sunflame 90 cm Chimney||1100|
|Glen 6062 60cm||1000|
|Kaff Chimney Elbaa MX||1000|
|Elica Nero Kitchen Chimney||1100|
|Hindware Nevio 90 cm Chimney||1200|
|Glen GL 6075 Stainless Steel Chimney||750|
|Pigeon Sterling 60cm Chimney||860|
|Hindware Clarissa 60 Blk Wall Mounted Chimney||700|
|Hindware 60 cm Cleo Kitchen Chimney||1200|
Kitchen Chimney Filters
A lot of the kitchen chimneys in India are equipped with the baffle filters. It is an enhancement of the aluminum cable mesh filters. The research proclaims that these kinds of filters are generally 30% superior as compared to the mesh filters. The framing includes the sheets on the filter to contain several curves that permit the smoke to discharge easily whilst confining the oily particles from doing so.
It is relatively stress-free to sustain a baffle filter since they need cleaning once within a time period of 3 to 4 months. These days, you possess the removable baffle filter whereby you might be able to do so by yourself and clean it systematically.
These are similar to carbon filters in the water purifiers, you might possess these types of filters fitted inside your kitchen chimneys too. They eliminate the bad smell out of the food. Crafted using charcoal, you might be able to utilize this carbon filter within both the duct and the ductless kitchen chimneys.
The smoke that develops inside any kitchen comprises of greasy and oily particles or matter apart from the soot. Customarily, the filters comprise of several layers of stainless steel or aluminum mesh filters to catch those solid bits while permitting the smoke to discharge. Alternatively, these filters need a lot of maintenance. Additionally, they might diminish the suction volume of the filters owing to the obstructions. The finest method is to clean up the filters on a regular basis either at home or by contacting a committed chimney cleaning assistance.
How Do Kitchen Chimneys Work?
Kitchen chimneys contain a hood which is usually mounted over countertop or gas stoves. Inside this appliance, a powerful fan is places which sucks the burnt gases and smoke and exhaust it out through a piped duct. Expelling smoke directly from above the gas stove is a better option than normal exhaust fan. As the oil fumes, smoke, masala fumes and cooking smells are sucked out immediately, you can work comfortably in the kitchen. And moreover, your kitchen will be free of grime and oil deposits.
Which is better Auto Clean Chimney or Manual Clean Chimneys?
Cleaning is one of the difficult tasks when it comes to chimneys. However, maintaining them clean is important to increase the life of a chimney. If you don’t like cleaning or don’t have much time to do it, then we recommend going for an auto-clean chimney.
Though the name itself represents the difference between the two types, it is better to know a little more about them before making the purchase. Below, we have mentioned the difference and working mechanism of these two types in detail.
- Auto-Clean Chimney
When compared to other model, this one is considered as the best oil collector. When the cooking air passes through it, the oil collector present in it will collect most of the oil and grease. Chimneys with auto-clean feature require very less maintenance. You can just click the auto-clean button once in a week and be assured of cleaning. Apart from that, you have to clean the oil collector using general cleaning methods. This chimney is perfect heavy usage kitchens and for people who don’t have much time for cleaning chores.
- Manual Clean Chimney
This model is a complete opposite of auto-clean chimney. Cleaning them requires a lot of patience and time. However, they last long and more durable if they are properly maintained. You have to clean these chimneys 2 or 3 times in a week. These are perfect for people who don’t have a lot of food as the cleaning will less and easy.
Precautions to Consider While Using an Electric Chimney
Kitchen chimneys are meant to remove smoke and odour emitted while cooking in the kitchen. However, if it is not properly cared or maintained, then the performance of the chimney will gradually decrease. Below are some of the important precautions to consider while using a kitchen chimney. If you follow these precautions, kitchen chimney will provide best performance every time.
- Stove and Hob distance: While installing the appliance, make sure the stove and hob are placed at a minimum distance of 25 to maximum of 30 inches. Whatever might be the type of kitchen chimney (wall mounted, built-in hob or others), it is very important to maintain the distance.
- If distance Less: If the distance between the stove and chimney is less than 26”, then there is a possibility of hood catching fire. For suppose, if the distance is less and gas is turned on without any utensil and the chimney is also turned on, then the fan may suck the flame and catch fire.
- If distance more: Similarly, if the distance between the chimney bottom and gas-stove is more, then the chimney performance will decrease. It will not able to take away the smoke, heat and odour completely out of the kitchen. Because of the distance, the particles will spread in the air. So, in order to prevent any major consequences and let the chimney work at its peak, the distance should be between 26” to 30”.
- Voltage: In order to provide better performance, kitchen chimneys should get exact voltage of power. Sometimes, a 2 phase voltage may not be enough for electric appliances to work at their best. So, it is better to have 3 phase voltage.
- Before installing a kitchen chimney, make sure the house has proper earthing.
- If you are using a duct chimney, then make sure to maintain a separate duct for smoke exhaustion. Avoid connecting or combining the duct to other smoke exhaustion appliances.
- It is not recommended to leave the gas burners open. Most of the filters present in the kitchen chimney are flammable which may burn the chimney as well.
- Avoid leaving frying pans unattended as the oil may catch fire.
- Before even purchasing a kitchen hood, you should check out if there is any space or provision to install the duct kitchen chimney. For installing a kitchen chimney, you need a hole bigger than 6”. If it isn’t present, then you can request the dealers or installation service person to do the work for making a hole. However, this work would be charged extra money apart from the installation service.
- Chimney Pipe: Along with the kitchen chimney, a 6 feet pipe is provided. If the duct hole is more than 6 feet length, then an additional pipe can be bought and fixed. Usually for Indian kitchen chimneys, 10 feet height is recommended. Even if the duct height is more then 10 (13 – 15 feet), then it is a much better option. However, it is better to have at least 6 to 8 feet of duct to maintain the performance and productivity.
- When the duct is installed, make sure it has less numbers of bends or turns. If the bends are more, then the efficiency can be reduced and the noise level will be increased. The basic thumb rule is to have a maximum of 3 bends (90-degree bends). A good installation expert will never recommend more than 3 bends. However, if the bends are 45 degrees then 1 or 2 bends more will not be a problem. Some companies like SIMENS (a German company) specially notify to have only 2 bends for better performance. A third bend is prohibited by some companies. So, check with the dealer or brand’s customer service before making the installation.
- Some companies have introduced flexible ducts concept using advanced technology. The standards length for the ducts of these companies is 3 meter with 3” to 18” inches in diameter. This flexible duct can be stretched to 3 times of its length and highly resistant to corrosion as well. However, check all the features, technologies and specifications before making the purchase.