Mechanical keyboards are generally versatile for many uses, but it all depends on what your preferences are. How they’re made differs from other types of keyboards, such as ones with rubber dome and scissor switches. Even within the product market, there are many different types of mechanical switches made by various companies. The three main types of switches are tactile and silent, tactile and clicky, and linear and silent. Linear switches are generally good for gaming, and tactile ones offer better feedback while typing.
Comparison Table Of Mechanical Keyboards
Top 10 Best Best Mechanical Keyboard On The Market 2020 Reviews
After a lot of research, we narrowed our top 10 gaming mechanical keyboards in 4 different categories. Along with the price range and features, we have added as much information as possible for each keyboard listed. We hope you find this guide helpful in your search for a new gaming mechanical keyboard.
Redragon K556-RK RGB LED Backlit mechanical gaming Keyboard
- Custom mechanical switches (Brown switch) for extraordinary gaming performance.
- Customizable Pro-gamer mode: Press FN+INS-PgDn to enter Pro-gamer mode. RGB LED adjustable lighting with 6-themed backlights -18 lighting models. You can also adjust their brightness with FN+“↑”and“↓”
- All-aluminum alloy keyboard, plate-mounted mechanical keys, and gold plated USB connector stand up to hardcore gaming
- With 104 standard floating keys, plug and play, Redragon mechanical keyboard will deliver the best gaming experience to you
- Mechanical switches designed for longevity, quick responsiveness, and durability. Perfect key feeling with a ”click” feedback
EagleTec KG011 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- WIRED USB KEYBOARD ? WHITE VERSION; Basic 104 Key White Mechanical Keyboard with Custom Switches (Cherry MX Blue equivalent). Designed for longevity with greater durability and responsiveness. Comes w
- COMFORTABLE TYPING EXPERIENCE FOR BUSINESS OFFICE OR HOME; The Natural Ergonomic Mechanical Keyboard offer medium resistance, crisp but a quieter click sound, and precise tactile feedback for ultimate
- ILLUMINATED KEYBOARD & ANTI GHOSTING; SINGLE Blue LED backlit mechanical keyboard, the back lighted keyboard comes with Double-shot injection molded keycaps offering crystal clear uniform backlighting
- DURABLE AIRCRAFT-GRADE SLIVER ALUMINUM / WHITE ABS CONSTRUCTION; The PC keyboard is constructed of Industrial Aircraft-Grade Aluminium and ABS with plate-mounted mechanical keys and switches that stan
- KEYBOARD COMPATIBILTY: Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP, Limited Apple Mac keyboard support. Works well with all major Computers Brands PCs Microsoft, MSI, Dell
Mechanical Gaming Keyboard-Teashaft
No products found.
Logitech G19 Programmable Gaming Keyboard with Color Display
TOMOKO Water-resistant Mechanical Keyboard
Das Smart Mechanical Keyboard – Best Smart Keyboard
No products found.
CM Storm QuickFire Rapid – Best Mechanical Keyboard
No products found.
Razer Black Widow Elite Mechanical Gaming Keyboard: Green Mechanical Switches
No products found.
Razer Cynosa Chroma Pro Gaming Keyboard: Customizable Chroma RGB Lighting
No products found.
What is a Mechanical Keyboard?
Mechanical keyboard is an external device for users to enter commands on the computer, bringing the feeling of fast operation, high speed, sensitivity like specialized mechanical keyboard models.
However, the technology of the key structure will be a little different, making the price of a mechanical keyboard cheaper for people with limited financial conditions.
Mechanical keyboard is many gamers choose, by excellent experience, efficiency, super-fast operation speed. The mechanism is elastic thanks to rubber like a regular keyboard, but the keys are more specialized designed to increase bounce and sensitivity almost mechanical keyboard. Experience 60-70% feel like a real mechanical keyboard
Why Do I Want a Mechanical Keyboard?
There are many arguments regarding the advantages and disadvantages of mechanical keyboards: they are far more durable than membrane keyboards and easier to maintain, yet noisier and significantly more expensive. However, what makes mechanical keyboards so popular is, as vague as this sounds, their feeling. It is very difficult to put it into words but if someone uses a mechanical keyboard for a few days, all membrane keyboards will be feeling like a toy afterward.
Membrane-based keyboards have their actuation point at the bottom of the key travel and require maximum pressure force at the beginning of their travel, requiring a relatively large amount of strength to be pressed that will inevitably force the key to bottom down. Mechanical keyboards are very different, with both the actuation point and the pressure point somewhere along the travel distance of the key, with several different switch variations offering better flexibility for the consumers. There are tactile and linear switches, audible and quiet, with various key travel lengths for consumers to choose from.
There are many arguments about how mechanical switches can make you type or react faster because they are easier to actuate and/or because the key does not have to bottom down. In terms of speed, the truth is that the difference usually is marginal at best. Mechanical switches are however much more comfortable (and healthy) for long-term use, making mechanical keyboards a nearly necessary tool for professionals and hardcore gamers who value their tendons. Similarly, many argue about which mechanical switch is the “best”. Simply put, there is no “best” switch. Whether you prefer strong linear switches because soft linear switches are too easy to bottom down or audible instead of quiet switches, it virtually always is a matter of individual personal preference.
Why Use a Mechanical Keyboard?
If you have a job that demands a ton of time typing — web development, web design, IT, and journalism are some professions that fit the bill — investing in a high-quality keyboard can lead to a more productive and enjoyable work experience.
I’ve used many keyboards in the past: Generic $9.99 replacement keyboards, stock keyboards that come free with a new desktop PC, high-end gaming keyboards, laptop keyboards, ultra-portable wireless keyboards, you name it. A mechanical keyboard has been my preference for the past three years. Here are some reasons why:
- Delight: Mechanical keyboards provide you with a fantastic typing experience. Each keystroke feels gratifying and authoritative, unlike on a common dome-switch keyboard, which feels mushy. I sit in front of the computer 10 to 12 hours a day, so putting money into my hardware goes a long way towards improved comfort and productivity.
- Speed and precision: Accentuating a key in a mechanical keyboard results in some form of tactile feedback, telling you that you’ve pressed the key successfully. Also, unlike dome-switch keyboards, you don’t need to press a key all the way down (called “bottoming out”) in order for your keystroke to register. This results in increased typing speed and fewer typos, especially when you’re touch-typing.
- Build quality: Good mechanical keyboards are sturdy and durable, being able to bear the brunt of your keystrokes for years without any degradation to your typing experience. With dome-switch keyboards, which rely on a soft rubber or silicone membrane, the typing experience may gradually change the older the keyboard gets.
Once you start using a mechanical keyboard, it will be hard to switch back to an ordinary keyboard. I use a laptop as my main work machine, but I have a mechanical keyboard hooked up to it 99% of the time. Also, after three years of hard use, my go-to mechanical keyboard still looks and feels exactly the same as the day I got it.
What Are The Key Factors To Consider When Choosing A Keyboard For Typing?
The best keyboard for typing shouldn’t be just good and convenient for typing. Other desirable factors or features you should consider include;
- The keypress level, and
- Construction and Design
Other Factors You May Want To Consider
You may want to consider several other things when choosing a mechanical keyboard, for convenience’s sake. For instance, a detachable footboard can help you raise your keyboard or lower it for convenience’s sake.
Some keys are designed with gold contacts to ensure that the letters, numbers and other inscriptions don’t fade- this may be a desirable feature too.
A backlit with customizable lighting options is desirable especially for typing under low-light conditions.
Price should be your last considerations. Go for a keyboard that has everything you desire first and use this content as your guide.
Good products will come with moderately high prices because they come with a manufacturer warranty and are durable.
You should have a budget range, once you have read through the mechanical keyboard products explained and reviewed here.
When it comes to having the best mechanical keyboard for typing, you should keep in mind that more features don’t mean more performance. You need to identify the purpose for which the keyboard is intended for.
As a matter of fact, most highly accessorized keyboards are more expensive. If you are not the gaming or heavy keyboard user, you may settle for less-priced keyboards with fewer extras.
This review has given you much information on factors to consider just before you go for your next mechanical keyboard. Make sure the option you choose is compatible with your operating system. For instance, many keyboards don’t work with newer or older Windows and Mac OS.
Leave a Comment