Looking for the Best microwave oven in India? Yes, We are here for you. Either you are a working mom or a bachelor whose lives are poured with multiple tasks.
If you are considering buying one, it can be difficult to locate the best oven in India. There are a lot of microwave convection ovens in the market today and all claim they are the best convection microwave oven in India
A microwave oven is the best solution to this problem as they are quick in operation. Your food can reheat within seconds without making a mess.
This list is made on the basis of the data we collected from our research, users review, feedback, technical specification and value for money.
List of Top 10 Best Microwave Oven in India 2020
A Convection Microwave Oven can do everything which a solo microwave oven and a grill microwave oven can, plus bake. In the convection oven heat energy is transferred to food by convection like solar heat and therefore food can be baked too.
No products found.
Let’s dive into the reviews of Microwave Ovens and which one is best for you.
Top rated Microwave Oven Reviewed
No products found.
Types Of Microwave Oven
When it is about microwave ovens, it is all about convenience.
If you want to heat leftovers, make tea, coffee, soup, make instant snacks like popcorn, or cook some kebabs, paneer tikka, a microwave oven will be the best appliance to fulfill all of your requirements.
Now, we will focus on various types of microwaves that will help you to choose the best among them.
Solo Microwave Oven
A solo microwave oven is considered as the primary or entry-level model that offers simple or limited cooking. This solo microwave oven has one magnetron.
These microwave ovens are cheap in comparison with other types of ovens.
Grill Microwave Oven
Grill microwave ovens come with additional grilling accessories. The microwave and grill functions can constantly run to make delicious grills within a very short time.
Grill microwave oven comes with heating coils that help in toasting, grilling, and roasting.
Convection Microwave Oven
The convection microwave oven has all the features of a solo microwave oven and grill microwave oven, plus it comes with a fan that circulates heatwaves efficiently.
The convection microwave oven helps to cook or bake food uniformly and within a very short period.
Buying Guide to find the Best Microwave Oven
All the home appliances purchased need proper maintenance for long durability and hygiene of the appliance. They are usually regularly used and therefore cleaning is mandatory in this case so as to get rid of burnt oil or cheese from the appliance. You should make sure that cleaning procedure in the oven is easy and convenient.
One should always be sure that the appliance is cooled down or is not hot so as to hurt naked hands. You should make sure of not touching the rods. There is always a manual cleaning procedure where you use a sponge or cotton cloth to clean the interior after it cools down.
2. Budget Friendly
The budget is a very important factor and is given importance as often after looking at any eCommerce site we concentrate on the reviews and the star ratings and forget about the budget that we had decided upon.
There is an easy solution if you chose your utility and purpose you can choose wisely according to your budget for eg if you just need to heat food go for a solo oven, for cooking and grilling look for a griller, and if you need an oven to cook, fry and bake food go for a convection oven.
3. User Guidelines and Installation
If you are a beginner the first thing you need to look for is the free installation and demo with the instruction manual. Although nowadays most of the microwave oven brands provide installation service with demo classes but make it a point to look for it.
It is preferable to be friendly with all the features inbuilt so as to not make any mistakes accidentally.
What are the benefits of using a microwave oven?
- Saves time – One of the major reasons why people prefer microwave ovens is because they save your time when cooking. They also give your food a better taste as compared to when you are using other cooking appliances. Most of them come with a timer which switches off the machine when the food is properly cooked.
- Easy to use – Even if you have never used a microwave before, you won’t have any problem when using them because they have a user friendly deign and easy to read controls.
- Versatile – Another benefit of these appliances is that you can use them for different purposes such as defrosting, cooking, grilling, reheating among others.
- Easy to maintain – In terms of maintenance, these appliances are very easy to maintain. They are made of easy to clean materials to save your time. This also makes them convenient to use.
- Healthy – The other thing you will love about these cooking appliances is that they provide the healthiest foods as compared to when you are using a gas burner or a pan. They also retain most of the minerals and vitamins in the food.
What is the difference between Microwave ovens and Oven Toasters?
Microwave ovens and oven toasters are among the top cooking appliances used in many kitchens but making a choice between them can be very challenging especially of you don’t know their differences. To make your work easier, we have outlined some of their differences below.
- Cooking process – Microwave ovens normally use electromagnetic waves to heat the water inside the food when cooking. The heated water molecules then generates heat which cooks the food but these foods are not crisp or brown on the outside. Due to the electromagnetic wave effect on liquids, you can use a microwave oven to heat water or tea which is something you cannot do when using a toaster. Unlike the microwave ovens, toasters cook food through infrared radiation produced by coils which contains an electric circuit. The heat produced by the coils heats the interior of the oven space which means that food is cooked from the outside. As a result, the food is thoroughly cooked on the inside and it also has a crisp and brown texture on the outside. This makes toasters suitable for pizza, crispy bacon, browned pastries, warmed bread, toast, low-fat chicken among others.
- Time – In terms of speed, microwave ovens cooks faster than toaster. This is because the direct heating of food in a toaster oven requires more time because the heat must be high enough to cook and low enough to prevent the outer part from burning before the inner part is cooked. On the other hand, microwaving is very fast because the hot water molecules cook the food uniformly. However, the rate also depend on the wattage of your appliance.
- Energy efficiency – As compared to the microwave ovens, toasters consumes more energy because most of them have an average of 1200-1800 watts while the microwave ovens have a range of 700-1300 watts.
What makes microwave ovens better than toaster ovens?
The major benefit of microwave ovens as compared to toasters is that they prepare foods faster than toasters. They are also easier to clean and are more energy efficient. Again, you can use them to prepare larger volumes of food as compared to toasters. Apart from that, you can use them to heat liquids such as soup, tea and stews.
Safety Tips to Consider Before and While Using a Microwave Oven
- Not all bowls/containers support microwave oven heat. Some of them like plastic, melamine, and others may break or get damaged easily. So, use materials that are suitable to keep inside the oven like glass, ceramic or microwave-oven safe utensils.
- Do not keep plastic utensils inside the oven when you set to medium/high power mode.
- Cover the food with a wrap or paper to retain the moisture and support even heat distribution.
- The temperature should be 4˚-60˚C for cooking and reheating your food items.
- If you set the cooking mode to a high power level, then you should set the timer for only fewer minutes. Otherwise, the food gets spoiled easily.
- Read the instructions, warning labels, safety tips and precautions carefully provided on the user-friendly manual.
- Check for the leakage of food items from the microwave oven to ensure efficient functioning.
- When you purchase the microwave oven, check whether the device is in good condition. Do not ignore this, as they differ from one manufacturer to another.
- Never heat packaged food directly. Place the packaged contents in a bowl and heat them accordingly.
- Clean the interiors of the microwave oven regularly to avoid bad odors and fungal contamination. Using a soft wet/dry cloth for it. Avoid using scorching pads, steel wool or other abrasive cleaning items, as it can damage the interiors.
- Never try to repair the microwave by yourself. Always take the help of an authorized technician.
- Never put a dry cloth, newspaper, and other paper products in the microwave for heating, as it can lead to fire and injuries.
- Never heat water or other liquids beyond the range of their boiling point, as it can lead to explosions and burns.
- Never sterilize water bottles or other food utensils in the microwave.
Frequently Asked Questions
The microwave is compatible to all glass cookware or you can even use microwave compatible fiber or plastic cookware for cooking purposes. The microwave cookware is easily available in market and some ovens are provided with microwave safe bowls which can be used for cooking.
The microwave ovens are not compatible to steel and aluminium cookware as the food cannot be heated and it can lead to accidents due to sparks.
It is a common issue for many microwave users. The main reason behind this issue is magnetron failure.
Magnetron uses high voltage to produce frequency in the microwave so that it can cook the food.
If you turn on the microwave in an empty condition, the magnetron may burn out. And it can’t be repaired. So, you need to replace it to fix the non-heating issue.
Otherwise, this problem may occur due to capacitor burn, faulty diodes, transformer failure, etc.
Yes most of the microwave ovens come with the preset menus which include menus for halwa or curry. The microwave oven is very user friendly and can be used to prepare most of the dishes and specially cakes, cookies or even biscuits.
If you want to bake in a microwave oven, go for the convection models. You cannot bake in a solo microwave, but the convection models are perfect for it. They even have specified baking menus which give you the ideal results. We will also advise you to check recipes primarily meant to be used with microwaves.