Electric tandoors allow you to prepare more nutritious food while achieving the benefits of ease and energy efficiency. It can start cooking food instantly, is easy to install and use, saves time, and also cooks food while maintaining natural aroma and flavor. Here we have listed the Top 15 best electric tandoor with price.
List of Top 15 Best Electric Tandoor
The electric tandoors have a small glass viewing window so that you can look into the food and prevent it from overcooking. Buying an electric tandoor is highly recommendable. These are available in India at a very cheap price. So, grab this multi-functional device with both hands and enjoy the soothing flavors of tandoori food at your home.
Top 15 Best Electric Tandoor In India 2019 – Reviewed
1. Wellberg Electric Tandoor – Wellberg Big Extra Large Electric Tandoor with Extra Accessories
- Electric tandoor: shocked proof, fitted with extra safe heating element, light weight and elegant look, aluminium tray with entirely durable
- Stainless steel heating element: this tandoor is fitted with stainless steel heating element which has a life more than 10 years blast proof, corrosion proof, suitable for using for continue hours
- Accessories: 1 grill, 1 magic cloth, 4 rubber legs, 4 skwers, 1 gloves, 1 pizza cutter and 1 recipe book
- Specially For: pizza making, grilling, roasting, tosting and baking " you make in paneer tikka, chicken, tandoori roti, paratha, cake, muffins, aalu tikka, roti, and so many other tadoori items
2. Berg Electric Tandoor – Berg Electric Tandoor (B-2)
- Oil free cooking
- deal for Tandoori & Grilled items
- Light weight and elegant looking,Aluminium Tray
- Shock Proof
3. Glen Electric Tandoor – GLEN 5014 Electric Tandoor Grill
- Modern elegant looks
- Healthy cooking like traditional clay tandoor
- See through window
- 1100 W
4. Mini Chef Electric Tandoor – Mini Chef Electric Tandoor (Big Size)
- Power: 2000 W, Light weight and elegant looking
- Power Supply: 230 V 50 Hz, Shock Proof
- Toughened Glass Windows
- Hygienic, Non magnetic imported Kanthal (Sweden) heating elements (ISO 9001)
5. Wonderchef Electric Tandoor – Wonderchef Sanjeev Kapoor Professional 1830-Watts Tandoor
- Great for great sandwiches, pizzas, paneer and melting cheese
- 180 grilling - both sides can be used for grilling
- Superfast heating
- Slope drains away excess oil / ghee for healthy and tasty food
6. Hotline Electric Tandoor – Hotline 2000W Electric Tandoor
- Easy to use tandoor. Attractive black color. Proper with indicators. Regulator. . . .
- Color: Black, Material: Iron Element
- Package Contents: Tandoor, User Manual
7. Chefman Electric Tandoor 2 in 1 Tandoor
- Product highlights: tandoor, toast, grill, bake, cook non stick top for dosa, tikki, roti, paneer tikka, and other grill item no pre-heating required oil faster cooking healthy and hygienic cooking shock proof and durable outer body extra safe heating element cooks delicious food bakes biscuits, can roast tandoori chicken, can grill fish meat tomato bacon mushroom barbecue meat, kababs, can bake rolls, nankhatais, coconut
- It is fitted with an extra safe heating element with shockproof material and does not require pre-heating. Moreover, with the combo allows you to try various methods of cooking at the comfort of your home
- Wellberg 2 in 1 electric tandoor: wellburg 2 in 1 electric tandoor with 6 gifts bake, tandoor, grill or cook sumptuous meals with wellburg 2 in 1 electric tandoor with 6 gifts, a perfect addition to your kitchen. It is great for oilcooking ensuring you to lead a healthy lifestyle. Made from aluminum cooking tray and heat resistant bakelite handles, this multi-purpose electric tandoor is high in and promises power packed performance always
- 2 In 1 tandoor: cook inside and on top material: aluminium cooking tray and heat resistant backlite handles
8. Hy-Tec Era Hot 02 Electric Tandoor
- 2400 Watt Power Consumption & Automatic Timer. For The First Time Use, If The Product Belches Out Smoke For 10-15 Minutes Then There Is Need Not To Worry About It As The Body Is Powder Coated And Spits Out Smoke Due To Heating Up Of The Element. So Use It Hassle Free And Make The Most Of It.
- Non Rusted Detachable Aluminum Processing Tray (Front Opening)
- See - Through Toughened Glass With Bakelite Handle
- Asbestos Sheet Attached Elements & Powder Coated Upper Body
9. Maharaja 2000W Electric Tandoor
No products found.
10. Avani MetroBuzz Electric Tandoor
- Oil free cooking,Toughened glass window,Ideal for Tandoori & Grilled items, You can grill paneer, chicken, and vegetables Light weight and elegant looking,Aluminum Tray
- Shock Proof, Fitted with extra safe heating elements
- Multi-purpose Tandoor,Make In India
- Tandoor In india
11. Philips Electric Tandoor – Philips HD6371/94 Indoor Grill
- The advanced infrared technology, together with the special refl ectors guide the heat towards the grid achieving delicious, evenly cooked food, while leaving the grease tray cool enough to minimize the unpleasant smoke and grease
- There is no need to adjust the heat. The appliance quickly heats up to a constant 446 degree f (230 degree c). This is the perfect temperature for searing meat while still leaving it nicely juicy and tender on the inside
- Start cooking dinner in minutes thanks to the fast 6-minutepre-heat time
- Grills and bbqs are hard to clean. However thanks to the non-stick grid the appliance takes less than a minute to clean. Additionally the detachable parts are dishwasher safe. Cleaning a grill has never been as easy
12. Hot life Big XXL Electric Tandoor Barbeque Grill
- Big XXL Smart Timer Regulator
- Heat Controller Electric Tandoor Barbeque Grill
- Perfect for Tandoori and Grilled items, You can grill paneer, chicken, and vegetables Electric Tandoor In India Shock Proof, Fitted with extra safe heating elements, Light weight and elegant looking, Aluminium Tray
13. Smart Life Cast Iron Electric Tandoor
- Ideal for tandoori and grilled items
- Light weight and elegant looking aluminium tray
- Much quicker in cooking as compared to ovens and microwaves, It is shockproof
14. Wellberg Micro NonStick Combo Electric Tandoor
- India's 1st small Electric Tandoor 4 Membar Family Size
- Electric Based Cooking
- 5 Year Element Warranty
- Power Supply 1500W 230V 50Hz.
15. Mini Chef Electric Tandoor
- Power: 2000 W, Light weight and elegant looking
- Power Supply: 230 V 50 Hz, Shock Proof
- Toughened Glass Windows
- Hygienic, Non-magnetic heating elements
What is an Electric Tandoor?
An electric tandoor is a tandoor that runs on electricity. It is a strong square-shaped, metallic box that has a sliding tray. Food needs to be put into the sliding tray for cooking.
Electric tandoor is used for grilling vegetables and also non-vegetarian food at home. Chicken tandoori kebabs, parathas, naans, and tandoori rotis can be made easily using an electric tandoor.
Features Of Electric Tandoor
An electric tandoor can not only be used for cooking tandoori items but can also be used for baking, grilling, roasting, toasting, and barbecuing. It has the capability of defrosting your frozen food without cooking it. A traditional tandoor is a cylindrical clay pit used for grilling and roasting. In ancient times this tandoor used coal, charcoal, and wood for a fire.
Food items are directly placed on the top of the fire. This gives the perfect and right amount of smokiness to the food. An electric tandoor is a square-shaped, metallic box. It consists of an aluminum sliding tray in which the food is placed for cooking.
An electric tandoor has a groove for oil collection in which the oil is collected that prevents any wastage of oil. It is fitted with a thermostat which allows you to set the temperature of the tandoor. Some electric tandoors are equipped with a 10-step thermostat which means you can set the temperature of the tandoor at 10 different heat settings. No preheating of the appliance is required as it gets heated up instantly and cooks your food fast.
These devices are economical and eco-friendly as it uses electricity and does not radiate any heat in the environment. Moreover, your food gets prepared in just 3-5 minutes.An electric tandoor has small aluminum coils on the top which gets heated up and provides the heat for cooking of food. These appliances are light-weighted and portable. So, they can be carried in different locations and can also be used in outdoor cooking.
Most of the electric tandoors come with floating hinge units which makes sure that your food is cooked evenly and there no burning and overcooking of food. With this feature, you very smoothly open your tandoor and use it the way you want. The interiors of the tandoor have a non-stick coating which makes sure that your food does not stick to the tandoor. In this way, there is no wastage of food. It also becomes very easy to clean the interior as the food does not stick to the inner surfaces and gets baked.
Since there is no baking of food you can very easily clean the tandoor with a damp cloth after disconnecting it from a power source. Some of the electric tandoors have a glass grill so you do not have to worry about sliding the tray into the tandoor. It works very much like a gas cook-top.
Reasons why you should buy an electric tandoor:
Tandoori items, be it vegetarian or non-vegetarian, are a hot favorite amongst Indians. Most Indians like their naans and rotis fresh out of a tandoor. Though, all this while the simplest option to eating delicious tandoori food was a visit to the restaurant, now with the advent of an electric tandoor, you can enjoy your tandoori items right in the comfort of your own home.Some reasons why you need an electric tandoor:
- Tandoori food items have a different authentic taste and aroma
- Foods prepared in a tandoor are oil-free and thus much healthier compared to fried foods.
- The appliance is portableand can be carried around easily for outdoor vacations.
- The cost of an electric tandoor is lower than a conventional oven.
- Electric tandoors are user-friendly, easy to operate, and allow for mess-free cooking.
- Electric tandoors do not produce smoke.
How are electric tandoors different from traditional tandoors?
Function: The traditional tandoor is a cylindrical clay pit that uses coals and wood for fire. In order to cook, the food needs to be placed above the fire, using a stick. Whereas an electric tandoor is a compact device in which food can start cooking instantly, the moment you put it inside the sliding tray.
Ease-of-installation: Installing traditional tandoors required special skills. However, an electric tandoor can start functioning right away without any installation hassles.
Time savings: It takes a lot of time to make tandoori food in a traditional tandoor. In today’s urban lifestyle, no one has the time to wait for the tandoor to heat up. An electric tandoor provides does not take so much time to heat up initially and thus provides much faster cooking.
How does an electric tandoor work?
The electric tandoor is based on the coil technology that’s similar to oven toaster grills (OTGs). The technology converts electricity into heat for cooking.
The use of an electric tandoor is not restricted to tandoori items alone. You can also use it for making cookies, parathas, desserts and even baking pizza. You can also use an electric oven for defrosting, using its warming feature.
What are the features of electric tandoors?
Depending on the brand of electric tandoor, you may get some or all of the features in an electric tandoor.
Groove for oil collection: Some electric tandoors com with a groove for oil collection that prevents wastage of oil. This is an excellent feature for the cost-conscious Indian household.
Thermostat: This helps in setting the temperature inside the electric tandoor. Some models come with a 10-step thermostat, which means you can set the temperature at 10 different heat settings. This allows you to cook different items with ease.
Opening 180 degrees: This feature allows you to use both the sides of an electric tandoor, when needed. You can access the interiors of the tandoor with ease and it also makes for easier cleaning.
Floating hinge: This feature allows to use and open the tandoor seamlessly. Floating hinges ensure even cooking of thick food items like chicken or fish tikka or a thick pizza.
Non-stick coating: This feature ensures your food doesn’t stick to the electric tandoor, thus minimizing wastages. It also makes the tandoor easy to clean.
Glass grill electric tandoor: Some models allow you to prepare tandoori items on a glass cooktop, just like a regular gas cooktop. This way, you don’t have to worry about sliding the food items into the oven. Glen’s Glass grill tandoor is one example of such a model.
Things to look out for when buying an electric tandoor?
As seen above, electric tandoors come with different features. You should understand all the features in detail and opt for one that provides all the features you need.
Capacity: Check out the capacity of food that can be handled by the electric tandoor. Some brands like Suntime specify that you can cook up to 2 kgs of tandoori chicken or bake up to 1 kg of biscuits using their electric tandoors. You should clarify how much food can the electric tandoor handle at one time.
Power consumption: Different variants of electric tandoors come with different power consumption. For example, some may come with 800-watt or others will come with 1200-watt power consumption. More power consumption means faster cooking but increased utility bills. Go for a model that provides a balance between efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
Warranty: Before buying an electric tandoor, check for the warranty offered by different brands. Wonderchef offers a 1-year warranty on its electric tandoors, whereas brands like Nova and Wellberg offer a 2-year warranty. Opt for a product that gives a competitive warranty.
What are the Things to Consider before Purchasing an Electric Tandoor?
Before one should come at the final decision so as to which electric tandoor he or she must buy, there are certain aspects or features that you have to keep in mind to catch hold of the model that would best suit your requirements and necessities:
Inbuilt Temperature Gauge
This is particularly valuable for the electric grills that comprise covers. An inbuilt temperature gauge allows the user to distinguish when the tandoor is all set to cook.
A thermostat permits the user to fix the electric tandoor’s temperature according to the dish being prepared or as per the requirement. In a few expensive top-notch models, there is a 10-level thermostat so as to get the temperature fixed to 10 distinct settings. This aspect or specification is pretty valuable for people who like to prepare different types of cooking.
Detachable Cooking Grates or Trays
The cooking grates or trays that are removable turn it somewhat easier to fix up the food and make the tandoor spotless after you are done with the cooking.
A few electric tandoors comprise a 180-degree opening, which permits you to get the access to every single side of the tandoor easily and utilize every single side whilst preparing food for several people at once.
This is an indispensable feature to have for an electric tandoor, which makes sure that your foodstuff doesn’t get stuck to the cooking surface of the tandoor. It moreover helps to get keep the user away from cleaning the tandoor for hours.
A floating hinge is particularly valuable for preparing the foods that are a bit thicker like chicken, pizza, or fish since it prepares the food uniformly from both the surfaces.
Oil Collection Groove
A few electric tandoors have exceptional grooves on offer that gather the extra oil and keep away wastage. This is an outstanding feature to check before buying any electric tandoor.
What are the Different Kinds of Features Offered by an Electric Tandoor?
Relying on the electric tandoor brand you choose, you might get a few or even every feature this kitchen appliance comprises of:
Oil Collection Groove
A few electric tandoors comprise a groove that facilitates the collection of oil and avoids any sort of oil wastage. This is an outstanding feature for all the people who are cost-sensible.
This is going to assist in setting an appropriate temperature when cooking food in your electric tandoor. A few models are equipped with a 10-level thermostat, which signifies that you may fix the temperature at 10 distinct heat settings. This is going to permit the user to prepare different food items easily.
This feature permits you to utilize the electric tandoor from both the sides whenever required. You might be able to access the interior section of the tandoor easily and it moreover facilitates effortless cleaning.
A floating hinge would help you to utilize and open the tandoor effortlessly. Floating hinges make sure that the thick food items are being cooked uniformly such as fish, chicken, and pizza.
The non-stick coating makes sure that the food does not get stuck to the electric tandoor and thereby diminishing the wastage. All the electric tandoors that come with a non-stick coating are pretty easy to clean.
A few models are going to permit the user to cook tandoori items over a glass cooktop, similar to a standard gas cooktop. In this manner, you would not need to worry about sliding the food items inside the oven.
Electric Tandoor – Buyer’s Guide
Whilst purchasing an electric tandoor, it might become obscure since the market has been surrounded by a wide diversity of choices. Thus, prior you get confused when hitting the market; make sure that you keep the below-discussed thing in mind:
You require analyzing your need at first. Subsequently, you have to perceive which product is going to conform to virtually every single requirement of yours inside your planned budget. A few of the significant features comprise nonstick grilling, thermostat, nonstick coating, glass grill, shockproof cooking, oil collection groove, recipe book, etc.
Another thing to consider when buying an electric tandoor is the manner in which it gets opened. A few models offer 180-degree opening, which is going to permit the user to effortlessly access the inner section so as to simply take out and place the food inside the tandoor. This moreover streamlines the clean-up procedure after being used. It is always better to have a look at the tandoor that comprises a floating pivot, which facilitates persistent cooking, particularly thick foodstuffs.
There are several brands offering an electric tandoor in the market. It is always sensible to choose the brand that is quite prevalent since it is going to offer a decent level of customer service after you purchase it in place of depending on the latest brands that have flooded the marketplace.
The most remarkable electric tandoors would be available in the price ranging from 3000 – 5000INR. Do not get mistaken when you visit the market since the market has been filled with the frauds that are on an endless search and in anticipation to burn a hole in the customer’s pocket.
Different electric tandoor models on the market are equipped with different power capacities. A majority of electric tandoors offer a power capacity of 800W and move up to 1200W. An electric tandoor offering a superior power range is going to deliver faster cooking but is going to inflict higher electricity bills. You require finding the model that would conform to your requirements and the one offering ideal efficiency.
An electric tandoor’s capacity relies on the quantity of food you desire to cook on an average. It moreover hinges on the size of your family. Thus, you should analyze your requirements and purchase the model that matches your distinct preferences since the market has been flooded with diverse sizes of tandoor to match your requirements.
This feature is pretty important and requires being deliberated whilst you purchase an electric tandoor. You have to search for a product, which has a manufacturer’s warranty on offer that must be no less than a year. Purchase a product from a brand which has long been in the market and offers a decent warranty period so you won’t regret your purchase afterward if it turns out to be faulty.
You require looking for an electric tandoor that isn’t very hefty and may be easily transported wherever you desire. It must moreover take up lesser space o the kitchen’s countertop as you would not want to cram up your working area with a variety of products.
Frequently Asked Questions
The electric tandoor ensures fat and oil-free cooking of your favorite chicken, fish, mushroom, and vegetable tandoori dishes. Thus, the low smoke and time saving electric tandoor provide delicious dishes in a much healthy way, making it good for health.
You can use aluminum foil in electric tandoor. However, it is advised not to use it for cooking purposes as it forms an aluminum oxide which is harmful to the human body.
An electric tandoor is maintained by cleaning its grills and inner components, including the tray by draining the liquid or oil that remains after the cooking process. Remove the grills and wash them well using water and dishwashing detergent. Even the exterior of the tandoor should be wiped to keep it clean.
Electric tandoor should be cleaned frequently after every use so that the residue is removed before the next cooking. Any residue which remains will burn the tray which hampers the cooking process, and it also becomes difficult to maintain.