LED desk lamps are essential in the workplace, especially when you have a home office. An efficient LED desk lamp gives you constant brightness every time you work. It enables you to work long hours effortlessly and improves your productivity.
Also, a creative designed LED desk lamp will make your office space more beautiful. However, the many options available on the market make the correct choice difficult. Therefore, we have created a list of the 10 best LED desk lamps that will help you choose the one that best suits your needs.
Here are the 10 Best LED Desk Lamps.
Let’s take a look at the Best LED Desk Lamps!
Finding the best was next up on our list of challenges. After several hours of testing, we decided on a few models that we think are suited.
A Comparison of our Favorite Best LED Desk Lamps
- Multi-function pen holder table lamp/desk lamp/Study lamp: ring eye protection table lamp
- Flexible gooseneck design: The adjustable gooseneck made of universal silicone hose can be rotated 360° to find the ideal angle for the best viewing of your book light.
- Level 3 brightness can be switched: 3 levels of touch dimming. Suitable for a variety of environments, always have the brightness you want!
- Applicable objects: Children, Adults, Students, Gifts, soft lighting, no glare, good eye protection, ideal for long-term study, reading and work.
- Perfect gift: Our table lamp adopts energy-saving and bright LED ring light, 4000K-4500K natural light, soft light, no flicker, no glare, no radiation, is the best gift for children, readers, designers or the elderly.
- Mobile App control
- Adjustable Color Temperature
- Easy knob control
- Foldable Design
- Voice Control: Works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- Adjustable Brightness
- Long Battery Life.
- Switch Type:-Touch On/Off Switch ; Light Source:-LED Bulbs.
- Voltage:-5V DC.
- Light Modes:White-Warm-Nature ; Build in rechargeable, environment-protecting and free maintenance Li-on battery with capacity upto 3.7v 3600mAh.
- 46 type Brightness Low, Normal and High action Using Touch.
- Dimmable Touch Control Table Lamp: Touch sensitive control with 3-level brightness adjustable, best for reading, working, studying, crafting, displaying, camping or emergency use, suitable for college dorm, office, bedroom, living room, kids room, bathroom, etc.
- Eye-caring and Energy Saving LED Light: 5 W bright led glow, 400 lumens at full brightness, no flicker, no dark area, protect your eyes from fatigue. 12 months warranty is provided for this portable lamp, and if you have any issue with it, pls email us to solve.
- Rechargeable desk lamp with USB port: Equipped with universal USB charging cable, so that you can charge this small desk lamp with USB adapter, power bank, desktop, laptop while lighting it up, saving time to wait.
- Flexible and Foldable Study Lamp: with 360Â°flexibility, the gooseneck lamp allows you to light up where you needed. It also can be folded into a small lamp so that it donâ€t take up too much space when travel.
- Battery Operated Desk Lamp: Equipped with built-in battery, no need to plug in when using, cordless and portable to take to anywhere freely, especially there is limited outlets and power outage happens.
- Energy-saving: low power consumption, low degradation, save 90% energy Adjustable angle
- Switch Type:-Touch On/Off Switch ; Light Source:-LED Bulbs
- Voltage:-5V DC (press Long touch for low and high brightness)
- Charging time-8 Hours Battery Backup-4 Hours(Depends On led Brightness)
- 💡【Multifunctional LED Desk Lamp】The desk lamp has a USB charging port, which can charge the phone at any time. The pen holder design is convenient for storage and can hold the mobile phone. Multifunctional to meet your needs, it is a necessary lamp for study and work.
- 💡【Touch control & Eye Caring】You can adjust desk lamp just by touching it with your fingers. It is easy to use and suitable for all people. Using high-quality LED energy-saving lamp beads, no flicker, soft light, protect the eyes from radiation, the service life is more than 50,000 hours.
- 💡【3 Level Brightness & 3 Light Modes】Single touch to adjust the brightness, from low light to high light, you can choose. Long press the touch to adjust the light mode, the table lamp has a variety of light modes.Suitable for multi-scene use, illuminate your life.
- 💡【360°Flexible & Portable Desk Lamp】LED dorm desk lamp flexible metal hose design allows the lamp to bend at any angle.Durable and flexible gooseneck allows you to easily adjust desk lamp to direct the light wherever you want.It is small and light, foldable and portable so you can easily carry it with you.
- 💡【Widely Used & Guaranteed】The stylish reading desk lamp is ideal for reading, working or studying and can be placed anywhere in your home you like.
Press Long Touch for dimmer and Brightener. Press single touch for on/off
Efficient heat dissipation., Adjustable angle
Charger duration period 8 Hours
Eye Protection Study Table Lamps
- Cool day light , Lumens: 250Lm (20 LEDs), Operation Type: Electric
- NOTE : Product is not Rechargeable Desk-light
- LED light source and minimalistic design
- Warranty: 2 years on product
- Power: 5 watts; Power Source : AC Adapter
- Includes: 1 integrated LED desk light
- Includes:1 Table Lamp and 1 USB cable
- Wattage:6, Flexible Design ; Colour Temp. (K): 4000-5000; Voltage (VAC): 220-240
- Warranty:1 year warranty on product
- Smart design – convert functional table lamp to decorative elegant lamp with 360 degree light distribution creating a colourful vibrant ambience for your bedroom, living room or workplace
- Adaptable light modes -get the right lighting with adjusting the brightness of light and change it from soft glow, ambient warmth, and bright light
- Eye caring - design to be soft, stable and non-flickering, the lighting is friendly on your eyes so you can enjoy what you’re doing for longer
But before we get down to the list of best-LED desk lamps for 2019, let’s look at some crucial factors that must be considered before buying one.
- General Home Decor: Look out for an LED desk lamp that goes well with your interior design and wall paints. It must blend with the colors and aesthetics of the place. In fact most people these days use such lamps predominantly for embellishing purposes.
- Purpose: LED lamps to come in a whole variety of colors and brightness levels. So, before buying one, you must be clear whether you are buying it for reading, studying, artwork or decoration. This will help you narrow your search to a far greater extent.
- Quality: Quality is something that cannot be compromised as it will result in inferior lighting and a shorter lifespan. Always buy a lamp from a certified and approved dealer. Ensure that there is sufficient warranty and always preserve the warranty card.
- Price: There are all sorts of LED lamps starting from as low as $10 to a few hundred dollars. You must look out for the one that is best suited to your budget. Always remember that the one that is cheaper is not necessarily bad or the one that is expensive is not necessarily good always.
How to Pick a Desk Lamp
When you were in first grade or even high school, the lamp you had on your desk to do your homework didn’t matter that much. You could easily spend a couple of bucks on whatever the local store had. Now that you’re older, the same old lamp won’t do anymore, no matter how many fond memories you may have. Here’s a guide to picking your next lamp.
The lights in a desk lamp can come in a variety of wattages and lux so that you can get a rough idea of how bright the light will be. Wattage measures the amount of power needed to operate the light while lux measures how bright the light can be. Reducing any eye strain is important and having a lamp with the right brightness can help. Generally speaking, the brightness of a light bulb is measured in lumens and if you’re seeking to match the brightness of a 60-watt incandescent bulb, you’ll want to find a bulb that’s 800 lumens.
Whether you like a warm or cool light while working comes down to personal preference. However, warm yellow light has a Kelvin rating of around 2,700 while white light is about 3,000K. In comparison, bright white light is between 3,500 and 4,100K, and bluish-white light comes in around 5,000 to 6,500K.
Most new lamps come with LEDs as their light source. These tend to offer better energy efficiency and also last much longer than incandescent or fluorescent lights. The temperature color of LEDs is also able to be adjusted to reduce eye strain. If anything, a major benefit with LEDs is that they don’t heat up while they are on and do not need to be replaced.
Everyone has a specific location where they feel a desk lamp will provide the best performance for the work that they are doing. Before you pick a desk lamp though, making sure it will fit in that spot is important. If you think you might move your lamp around, you might want to consider a wireless model that is battery-operated.
When it comes to style, desk lamps have come a long way and many manufacturers will offer designs that might be a good fit in a certain type of decor. The different styles of desk lamps can run the gamut from traditional to sleek and even unique versions as designers are always looking to make something that stands out from everything else.
What to Look for in a Desk Lamp
Light color – You’ve likely heard about the dangers of blue light and the damage it can do to your skin and eyes — which is why it’s especially important to pay attention to the color of light coming from your lamp. Many lamps allow you to customize their light color, from blue to white to a warm yellow or orange, to ensure the type you’re working with is healthy.
USB port – Many desk lamp models come with built-in USB ports. If you don’t have a convenient port or outlet to charge your phone nearby, consider buying a model that has one included. This also eliminates the need to have extra-long cords that tangle up and make everything appear messy.
Style – You’ll be looking at your lamp every time you’re at your desk, so it makes sense to choose a model that reflects your personal taste. A lamp’s design also affects its functionality: Some desk lamp styles are cordless, which is very convenient if you need it to be portable or don’t have a convenient outlet available.
Features to Consider Before Buying
The idea is simple: go out and purchase a desk lamp.
In reality, though, this isn’t as simple as it seems. There are several features you need to consider before making a purchase.
Your budget is going to be a factor, of course.
However you will need to invest in a desk lamp that is going to provide more than just a source of light. Artists will need a lamp that can adjust the color and brightness at different times.
What makes a good desk lamp for one person will be the wrong lamp for the next. So what should you look for when buying a desk lamp?
How it’s mounted. Some lamps clip onto a surface and are designed to be portable. Others have a base or stand and take up precious real estate on an art desk.
Neck adjustability. Some lamps are fixed, others have pivot points in certain spots, and others can be twisted and positioned in any direction.
Power options. Do you prefer a click switch or a toggle on the power cord? You may even prefer a touch control and not have to worry about switches at all.
Size matters. If you have limited desk space you may want to pay attention to how large (or small) the lamp is.
Bulb type. LEDs are popular because they can be adjusted. Some bulbs radiate heat that may not be wanted, while others may be too dim or too bright.
Color and style. Just because it’s a lamp doesn’t mean it can’t add to the aesthetics of the room. Do you like modern designs and bold colors? Or maybe a standard design and muted colors? Lots of choices and only you know what you like.
It is completely up to you what you really want in a functional desk lamp.
If you need storage space, for example, there are lamps that come with cup holders for pens and pencils.
You may find you need a certain type of bulb to get the type of lighting you’re after, or maybe you want one that looks like it came from the year 3025 as a conversation piece.
Whatever you want just remember one thing: as you make your list be sure to focus on what is truly important to you.
So now let’s take a look at the best desk lamps for all types of artists.
Keep your list of desirable in mind as you browse so you’ll know exactly what you want when you see it.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST DESK LAMP FOR YOUR HOME OFFICE
The main use of a desk lamp is to provide practical task lighting for when you need to concentrate on a particular area for writing, typing or drawing. However, if you have squeezed an office into a living area, the desk lamp can also provide ambient lighting for after work hours, helping you to create a calmer, more relaxing space.
There’s no solid rule about the size of lamp you choose, but if it takes up valuable work space you know it’s too big. Many of the latest LED models are incredibly slim yet powerful. Meanwhile, clip-on designs help save desk space if you can attach to a nearby shelf.
Often lamps that feature traditional screw in and bayonet bulbs don’t come with one supplied, so you’ll need to budget for these. While potentially annoying at the time, buying separately does allow you to choose the brightness and colour temperature.
Meanwhile, lamps with fixed LED bulbs are great value and have impressive dimmable options, but bear in mind that if one bulb breaks then the lamp is often irreparable.
As for the power and brightness of a bulb or lamp, you need to look out for two figures; lumens (lm) and kelvins (k). Lumens measure how much light you are getting from a bulb; the more lumens the brighter the light. Kelvins, meanwhile, represent the colour temperature of a bulb. Around 2700k is considered a warm ‘soft’ white, while 4000 – 5000k is a much brighter, cooler light. At the top end of the scale, anything over 5000k is akin to daylight. Soft white light is generally best for avoiding eye strain over long periods of time, whilst brighter cool light should be used in short bursts.
Another factor to consider when it comes to eye strain is your lamp’s positioning. You should avoid light directly hitting your monitor as this can cause screen glare, which in turn can contribute to digital eye strain. You also want to avoid light shining directly into your eyes. Models that allow you to adjust the angle of your lamp come in useful here, and have the added benefit of providing targeted illumination when you have a specific job at hand.
Finally, lamps designed to treat seasonal effective disorder (SAD) – such as the Lumie Desklamp – can help boost your energy levels, especially when the nights draw in.